Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Lain Iwakura posted:

I lucked out on the trans woman lottery as I am 172 cm and my shoe size is a women's 11.

I think I am 5'8" in American measurements.

You're also totes adorbs!

(That's how the kids say it these days, right?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

167cm women’s 10~11

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

shame about that voice and weight

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Pollyanna posted:

shame about that voice and weight

Both fixable if they bug you. Nobody clocks my speaking voice at all but I can still bust out a deep baritone if I want to gently caress with someone.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

Lain Iwakura posted:

This is why I only date enbies and girls.

yeah well some of us are not blessed with such desires.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

one time a dude on grinder recognized me from when i worked at the lcbo like a month after i had left the job

i'm not very good with faces, so i'm continually shocked when people recognize me, because i seldom recognize them.

if it has been his face i would have probably been "hurr durr whodat?" but i remembered the body plan and the shirt and the shade of the walls in the room it was taken in.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ultravoices posted:

i'm not very good with faces, so i'm continually shocked when people recognize me, because i seldom recognize them.

:yossame:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ultravoices posted:

if it has been his face i would have probably been "hurr durr whodat?" but i remembered the body plan and the shirt and the shade of the walls in the room it was taken in.

it's weird, i'm just the opposite. terrible with names (like, 3 months just to get new coworkers down) but great with faces, so I constantly have to avoid going up to people whose names I can't remember shouting "I KNOW YOU! I KNOW YOU" like some crazy lady in a moopie.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
i'm very glad that most of my jobs have included name tags

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

cis autodrag posted:

it's weird, i'm just the opposite. terrible with names (like, 3 months just to get new coworkers down) but great with faces, so I constantly have to avoid going up to people whose names I can't remember shouting "I KNOW YOU! I KNOW YOU" like some crazy lady in a moopie.

i have, on occasion, gone to myself "oh that's a cute guy" looking down the aisle at the supermarket or whatever, and then get closer and realize it's one of my partners.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ultravoices posted:

i have, on occasion, gone to myself "oh that's a cute guy" looking down the aisle at the supermarket or whatever, and then get closer and realize it's one of my partners.

you and lain both say this. is it a canadianism for coworkers or do we have some poly-wogs running around yospos? i can't tell because every poly i've met irl was a fat man with green hair, an insane level of narcissism, and a penchant for emotionally abusing dozens of women at the same time.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

cis autodrag posted:

you and lain both say this. is it a canadianism for coworkers or do we have some poly-wogs running around yospos? i can't tell because every poly i've met irl was a fat man with green hair, an insane level of narcissism, and a penchant for emotionally abusing dozens of women at the same time.

no, i would say business partner in that case.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i know a few poly people. my partner is one of them and she's nice.

poly people seem to show up a lot in the circles i'm in.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
i've met a couple poly people on tinder and the like and they've all seemed fairly normal so far but i sure as gently caress could not do a relationship like that.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

cis autodrag posted:

i am poly and have two partners and something with two others. it's not something i advertise outside of queer circles because i hate explaining it to non-queers or those who are not in derby

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

i've met a couple poly people on tinder and the like and they've all seemed fairly normal so far but i sure as gently caress could not do a relationship like that.

i think there's a lot of variation in what people do with their interests other than their primary partner (if they have a primary partner). i don't typically see multiple people seriously at once, but i tend towards relationships where some degree of intimacy with others is allowed. if you have good communication and well understood boundaries it doesn't have to involve drama and can be nice

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Interesting. Like I said, most people I've met irl are guys who just need a way to convince their girlfriends to let them sleep around. I'd love to meet a poly group that was genuinely a mesh rather than one partner who had multiple other partners

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Lain Iwakura posted:

i am poly and have two partners and something with two others. it's not something i advertise outside of queer circles because i hate explaining it to non-queers or those who are not in derby

Why would you need an explanation beyond "this really only concerns the people actually involved"?

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

flakeloaf posted:

Why would you need an explanation beyond "this really only concerns the people actually involved"?

You are right but still

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

cis autodrag posted:

i have moderate faceblindness so i tend to recognize people by attributes other than their face, because i can't really tell faces apart beyond broad general similarities. on top of this i'm also terrible with names, so once in a while i see someone that i swear is... what's 'er name... uh... etc, except it's not even them and i'm just a confused weirdo bothering people in the mall :sigh:

cis autodrag posted:

there seems to be some universal rule that a poly person who advertises that fact is a generally horrible human being who's guaranteed to be emotionally or physically abusing at least one person, but i've met a few people who just don't really bring it up, cuz it's not really anyone else's business, and they're all cool and fine :shrug:

Lain Iwakura posted:

wait are you poly with your derby team? because that sounds... actually kinda intimidating :ohdear:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ate all the Oreos posted:

wait are you poly with your derby team? because that sounds... actually kinda intimidating :ohdear:

like the spartans fighting alongside their lovers, but with more rolling

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Hu? Intimidating?

...yeah. Let's go with that. I won't bring my dirty thoughts up in this wholesome thread.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
i'm currently imagining two people trying to gently caress in roller blades and accidentally pushing each other away

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I like that roller Derby seems to be universally accepting of trans women. I've seen rec leagues for other sports that don't allow trans women and it's so hosed.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

cis autodrag posted:

I like that roller Derby seems to be universally accepting of trans women. I've seen rec leagues for other sports that don't allow trans women and it's so hosed.
derby in general is accepting of anyone who can take a punch and a joke. It's all kinds of awesome.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I wish I had the free time to join a Derby team.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

evil_bunnY posted:

derby in general is accepting of anyone who can take a punch

I'm out. I'm fragile as gently caress. Dainty as all get out, too.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I'm out. I'm fragile as gently caress. Dainty as all get out, too.
I mean you can watch. top of the turn is the best spot. if you’re lucky you’ll get blood on you. or an entire rider. who knows.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

evil_bunnY posted:

I mean you can watch. top of the turn is the best spot. if you’re lucky you’ll get blood on you. or an entire rider. who knows.

You all are making it really difficult to not be dirty you know.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

cis autodrag posted:

Interesting. Like I said, most people I've met irl are guys who just need a way to convince their girlfriends to let them sleep around. I'd love to meet a poly group that was genuinely a mesh rather than one partner who had multiple other partners

drat near every trans person i know irl is poly and thankfully i've never met that kind of lovely dude

evilcat
May 16, 2009

cis autodrag posted:

this isn't gattaca. im only gonna start pulling cards when people are acting like assholes and saying *phobic poo poo.

That's a relief for me. I'm terrible at talking, especially about myself so it just ends up awkward.
I'll still try and chime in from time to time since it's nice to have a thread.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

lisa needs implants

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Nah. One of my partners does play derby but for another league and someone I have a thing with right now is but again in another league. I would never date anyone in my own league.

I can imagine an intra-league match bring a blood bath for me if they're a blocker since I am working towards being a jammer. If we were to have a nasty breakup which is unusual if you do poly relationships right I could see myself getting a gnarly injury. Haha.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
guess you could say theyre..... out of your league......... literally..............................

i'll see myself out

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
the nb person (is there a shorter way to say that) i'm talking to has never heard of the trailer park boys, what the gently caress

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Meat Beat Agent posted:

guess you could say theyre..... out of your league......... literally..............................

i'll see myself out

I wanted to make this joke but...

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

the nb person (is there a shorter way to say that) i'm talking to has never heard of the trailer park boys, what the gently caress
i hear "enby" a lot

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

"person"

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
this cishet male lurker just wants to say this is a cool thread, y’all are cool people, and I’m learning lots

now back to listening!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

pokeyman posted:

this cishet male lurker just wants to say this is a cool thread, y’all are cool people, and I’m learning lots

now back to listening!

*tacklehug*