Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Between this and Origins it seems like Ubi is down with making checklist stuff great again. The prepper stashes are the most checklisty thing and every single one of them that I've done has been cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

limited posted:

Animals in general have nuts HP. It's more terrifying being chased by a sudden Wolverine, than a entire convoy of cultists. Lil guys are a bitch to hit and take almost as much damage as a goddamn bear to put down. :psyduck:

Wolverines have super thick hides and ludicrously powerful jaws and can fight off small bears. You should be afraid of them. :colbert:

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

limited posted:

Animals in general have nuts HP. It's more terrifying being chased by a sudden Wolverine, than a entire convoy of cultists. Lil guys are a bitch to hit and take almost as much damage as a goddamn bear to put down. :psyduck:

The featured sniper rifle and it's normal equivalent (because I can't remember the name off-hand, the one that looks more like an anti-tank rifle) one shots almost every animal, and two shots those it can't one shot.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I wish that wannabe-M107 was unlocked way earlier.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

It took me by surprise and I was engrossed. Knowing that Montana is home to a ton of nuclear weapons made the ending make a little more sense. It was a bit silly of course, but hey, it's Far Cry.

i kinda of assumed it was either that or a bliss/drug reaction.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Combat Pretzel posted:

I wish that wannabe-M107 was unlocked way earlier.

M107 sucks rear end, and there's an SA-50 you can unlock as soon as you have 7200 bucks. Go shoot some bears.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I have the SA-50. I guess that'll do. The other one seems interesting for long range shenanigans due to higher accuracy base stat.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
It's me, I'm an outdoorsman

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Man PC HDR support in this game is amazing. I have a 1440p 165hz monitor I usually play on PC but I actually prefer using my TV which is 4K and HDR compatibility. I’ll sacrifice frame rates at 60hz for that sweet HDR color.

I wished more PC games supported HDR

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I CAN'T GET THE CLUTCH NIXON MUSIC OUT OF MY HEAD SOMEONE loving KILL ME

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Morter posted:

Got this last night. loving Rock Bass were a paaaaain in the dick.

I'm currently entertaining myself be re-clearing all the outposts, undetected, using only a slingshot.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Is there any point to using the more expensive scopes on rifles? Other than costing more, I'm not seeing much difference between them (obvious exceptions like reflex scopes aside)

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Is there any point to using the more expensive scopes on rifles? Other than costing more, I'm not seeing much difference between them (obvious exceptions like reflex scopes aside)

Big zoom and accuracy boost

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Akion posted:

Got this last night. loving Rock Bass were a paaaaain in the dick.

I'm currently entertaining myself be re-clearing all the outposts, undetected, using only a slingshot.

Was trying to use a slingshot on an alpha wolverine.

It just made it madder. :gibs:

Edit: I can't stop buying expensive toys. :ohdear:

Morter fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 31, 2018

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/88f5w0/playing_as_a_female_protagonist_in_far_cry_5/

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Morter posted:

Was trying to use a slingshot on an alpha wolverine.

It just made it madder. :gibs:

Edit: I can't stop buying expensive toys. :ohdear:

This + the Red/White/Blue AR-15 are my go-to guns.

(Also, you can use arrows with the slingshot. Press U to change ammo types. The rocks can kill people, though!)

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Akion posted:

(Also, you can use arrows with the slingshot.)

:aaa:

warburg
Jan 9, 2007

I swear, every single time that I try to use the flamethrower, enemies lit on fire run right towards me at set me on fire.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I did think it weird that with all the :homebrew: they threw around, they couldn't record two different versions of the parts where people refer to you with a pronoun, especially because "get 'em" and similar things usually sound like "get him" (which a bunch of people in the comments to that thread seemingly didn't even realize)

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Inzombiac posted:

My stupid game will hang for 5 seconds at random intervals.
Drivers updated, game integrity is fine.

Any known cause?

Edit: On PC

Having the exact same issue, but it's more like 1 second. I assume in my case it's loading things and my HDD just isn't fast enough. I'd put it on my SSD, but I have FFXV taking up all of the space on it right now.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Songbearer posted:

Uh, I think you ascended to a higher state of being

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Morter posted:

I would do this if there was a better way to track my progress than

1.) look up what the original records were for each region
2.) teleport to somewhere with the current records on the wall and figure out which ones are mine and which aren't

since I can't be assed to actually write my poo poo down. I don't see why it can't keep track of it for me in a menu somewhere, like the inventory one or something.

As far as guns for hire, I've decided that Jess is my bro. I've been bringing her everywhere with me. She is super useful with the bow since she can one shot some enemies with her bow that I can't with mine (or at least I haven't figured out how) and she's accurate as hell with hunting animals that are running away. Her dialogue once you get past her initial deep dark scary past isn't bad, she either swears or just says minor stuff. It's not a big joke like most of the other human people.

I call in air support when I need it which is pretty rare and sometimes I bring one of the animals but they get knocked out about 5x as much as Jess does. I'm most likely to bring the dogge because of his ability to tag people. I love the bear and the cougar but they just get their rear end killed too much.

Jess does too but it's usually not in the middle of everyone so I can revive her pretty easily, and I bought the skill to get her back faster anyways.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Morter posted:

Did you use a guide to find all the fish?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

RatHat posted:

I have like 95% of the places just from doing other poo poo. You'll either run past them, see a sign, or pick up a magazine that points them out. But maybe he used a guide I dunno - I probably will for a couple spots I don't have.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I don't know what you're doing to get Peaches killed. Every time I bring her, she is the terror that stalks in the night and usually kills dudes I don't even know exist yet. I think I've had to revive her exactly one time.

Sharky is a dumb motherfucker who likes to run straight towards the place I just threw a grenade.

Jess isn't as useful at one-shotting distant enemies as Grace imo and Grace has better banter.

If you bring Sharky and Jess together, every literal five seconds Sharky will go "AH JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW JESS YOU'RE GOOD AT KILLIN PEOPLE AND AH RESPECT THAT"

I haven't tried Grace/Jess yet but it occurs to me that team would be pretty good, and hopefully Grace makes fun of Slipknot McBowalot

Nick is just OP in every way and is a cool dude and is my friendo

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

precision posted:

I don't know what you're doing to get Peaches killed. Every time I bring her, she is the terror that stalks in the night and usually kills dudes I don't even know exist yet. I think I've had to revive her exactly one time.

Sharky is a dumb motherfucker who likes to run straight towards the place I just threw a grenade.

Jess isn't as useful at one-shotting distant enemies as Grace imo and Grace has better banter.

If you bring Sharky and Jess together, every literal five seconds Sharky will go "AH JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW JESS YOU'RE GOOD AT KILLIN PEOPLE AND AH RESPECT THAT"

I haven't tried Grace/Jess yet but it occurs to me that team would be pretty good, and hopefully Grace makes fun of Slipknot McBowalot

Nick is just OP in every way and is a cool dude and is my friendo

I don't really know - she just kind of does :shrug:

Grace and Jess have kind of a tie for solo banter. Jess seems to chat about random poo poo like global warming or whatever more, and I guess I just like the bow aesthetic. But she's a great choice, I did the whole first half of the game with Grace and Boomer.

Sharky will hit on anyone up to and including his aunt. It's hilarious, actually, especially when he's reading his poems that he wrote about her to her.

Hurk and Sharky have some fun conversations but it gets old. Hurk in general gets old real quick and he blows himself up too much.

Nick owns but yeah too OP so I only call him in if I have a specific need.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Songbearer posted:

Edgelord lady with the bow (Jane Dark or whatever her name was) intro was so cringy and trying so hard to be edgy that me and my coop partner were in actual agony. I think if you harnessed the kinetic energy of our collective eye rolling you'd have a perpetual motion machine.

She’s really, really lame but I don’t like the helicopter woman who keeps throwing out insults straight form gbs 1.0 either.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

RatHat posted:

Yes. But I still earned the catches, drat it :arghfist:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

She’s really, really lame but I don’t like the helicopter woman who keeps throwing out insults straight form gbs 1.0 either.

Sharky is pretty fun at least, though the best buddies seem to be the random ones you can hire that get big hype when you shoot a cultist in the face

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I've been running around with Jess/Grace for most of the game thus far and it's been ok. I've gotten to the point now where I have a silenced 50cal, the AR-CL (also silenced) and a silenced shotgun w/ dragon rounds for shield enemies.

I've since switched out Jess for Cheeseburger, which if you think about it is really the best name that you could give a pet grizzly bear ever. The fact that the pets don't get in the vehicles with you is a tragedy. If Cheeseburger could somehow fit on an ATV then this game would be #1 GOTY.

I started in John's area and just cleared it out, now I'm probably going to go head over to Faith's area when I pick the game up again.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
I approached one of the lookout cabins in the mountains and heard a bad guy shout "Time to get outta here!" right as I crested the rocks. He jumped on an ATV, raced around the corner at full speed and collided head on with a Whitetail member coming the other way on another ATV. Both dead.

I got taken down by a pack of those stupid zombie wolves and fuckin' Cheeseburger revived me. I love Cheeseburger, he just trucks down the highway at 55MPH without a care in the world.

I really miss firing that grenade launcher out of the gyrocopter in 4. Haven't found a similar mechanism yet.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Catching a fish in this game is harder than catching a fish irl

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Songbearer posted:

A SINGLE SHOT OF WHISSSSKEY

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Look, I'm just glad that there isn't any George Thorogood on the soundtrack

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

precision posted:

Look, I'm just glad that there isn't any George Thorogood on the soundtrack

But this game is bad. B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-bad even.

Bad to the bone.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
I wouldn't know that there's evading to dodge attacks and melee blocking with your fists out if a loading tooltip didn't tell me. The game makes out as if there was a bareknuckle fighting minigame to utilise the feature.

Meanwhile with a shovel it's throw the shovel, hold down fire to lunge forward and backpedal from enemies so they don't pistol whip you.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The multiplayer deathmatch system in Arcade is impressively awful. Let's review

- Infinite ammo for all guns.
- Infinite grenades
- Randomly chosen community maps
- Completely useless silencers, since there is no marking system or minimap to reveal you and they aren't totally silent.
- Options to use high damage weapons like sniper rifles, but since everyone dies instantly to a shot to the head it's more effective to just spray bullets in the general direction of their head until you hit the mark.
- Did I mention infinite grenades? It seems like once a match someone remembers that fact and then the game turns into the Battle of the Somme.

It's like they were trying to make the worst game ever.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The multiplayer deathmatch system in Arcade is impressively awful. Let's review

- Infinite ammo for all guns.
- Infinite grenades
- Randomly chosen community maps
- Completely useless silencers, since there is no marking system or minimap to reveal you and they aren't totally silent.
- Options to use high damage weapons like sniper rifles, but since everyone dies instantly to a shot to the head it's more effective to just spray bullets in the general direction of their head until you hit the mark.
- Did I mention infinite grenades? It seems like once a match someone remembers that fact and then the game turns into the Battle of the Somme.

It's like they were trying to make the worst game ever.

Why would you play competitive multiplayer in a Far Cry game

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So they are saying each of the DLC will be Blood Dragon sized/scaled?

That uh. If they actually hit that, this will be the first season pass I've ever seen that's "worth it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wish the helicopters would gently caress off so much.