Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm getting close to wanting to tackle Marboro too. I've got two Trance Terras (one enhanced,) Enhanced Marie, Enhanced Soleil, Ramza (no enhancements yet,) Ayaka, Tillith, Earth Veritas, Chow, and Enhanced Warrior of Light.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

KDdidit posted:

Also in the Malboro planning stage. I have 2 TT but don't have the good healers, but there's a video strategy out there with 2 TT + Friend TT, Willie, Marie, and Soleil that I think I can easily duplicate. I'm just wavering on sinking all the mats to ability awaken the 2nd TT. I think 2+1 TT also works on Bloody Moon, so it may be worth it.

I did Malboro with T.T., Ayaka, Roy, Warrior of Light, Mystea and T.T.

The two Terras were actually plenty of damage and they real key was ensuring that I avoided losing a unit to consume and pushing him below 50% at the right time. I rolled him over on turn 16, which then put me in the right positioning to keep T.T.'s buff up on the first turn that he'd drop his guard and resummon. Then I'd get in a turn of damage & weaken the minis, finish them next turn, then reapply the buff. He actually went down on turn 19 because I could cut a bit more loose after he passed the threshold.

For me the key was Roy as his combination of debuff/heal/buff/mp refresh off a single skill allowed Ayaka to keep dual casting reraise on WoL and Mystea so they could take provoke and cover respectively. With the debuff the minis would take almost 70% damage from a Chaos Wave+2 chain so I was super safe on those.

When all the pieces finally came into place, it was glorious and felt so good dropping that sack of garbage.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I pulled x2 rikkus in 5 ticket pulls on this banner. Was hoping for tidus but it looks like rikku is decent?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Rikku is a good support unit. The big things for her are her LB gives the party an 80% HP reraise (and a stat buff), she can AoE 100% HP revive the party, and with Mix she can give the party a 30% damage mitigation buff and increase all resistance by 40%. Al Bhed Potion gives her a bit of AoE healing too. Her damage options are pretty middling so she's mainly support.

Her TM is also good to have one of. With it you can make anybody, at the cost of an accessory slot, able to give the party a LB rate boost, heal the party of all status except Stop and Charm, or inflict an AoE 30% full break.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Bob NewSCART posted:

I pulled x2 rikkus in 5 ticket pulls on this banner. Was hoping for tidus but it looks like rikku is decent?

Rikku got me through some trials when she first came out based on her OP (for the time) limit break and hypernullall but I haven't needed her lately.

I use her TM for Eccentrick all the time though

efb

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I wouldn’t waste tickets on this banner, even as a new player. 2 Rikkus is probably the most you’ll ever want period and even Tidus requires some investment to get up to par. With what’s coming up there are a lot better things to save tickets for.

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character

Ugato posted:

The most important part, from what I can tell, is timing. You want to, above 50%, kill the little dudes every 4 turns. This turns off his devour turns. Under 50% it changes to every 3 turns, so you have to be able to reliably kill them every 3 turns to not make the fight incredibly more difficult. I’m just about done with the major gear pieces for all my different roles so I’m going to work on getting a few more ribbons / discernments before tackling the fight. I think I can manage to 3 dps it pretty easily now that I have cg Fina. Kind of wondering how hard I’m going to bowl this fight over.

My team’s gonna be Basch, Roy, cg Fina, 3x ok

I think Bad Breath is the only AoE status ailments move he has, which makes it predictable when it's used. If you have a female unit with good turn economy, you can use the ability on the Jade Moon Pendant to give your party ailments resist. I think I only had my provoke tank with a ribbon for my attempts.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Actually I’m wondering if anyone can put up a well geared OK with Hyomonto (the new ice katana) this weekend for it. If so I should be able to manage with Noel, Mystea, Roy, Fina and OK. That way I have basically everything I could want, including an ice imperil. I went ahead and threw some stored moogles at finishing two ribbons anyway, since I’ve been wanting them for arena teams for several months and I’ve had 0 up until now.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Ugato posted:

If you’re talking about needing a TT friend, I can post one, but if you just mean building/enhancing one for the fight, it’s not really necessary. Full speed bladeblitz should do work.

I need my own to even consider it.

I MIGHT try the Setzer plan but drat that seems like a fuckload of resetting.

Decided to move back and punt and try Sheratan again.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Rikku is a ridiculously useful unit for a newer player. She'll stay useful until you get strong enough to just overpower whatever you come across really. A lot of us are at that stage but a lot of us have been playing for a while, gotten good rainbow chainers over time, and probably have racked up over 100 TMRs by this point.

Even now if I go into a fight I'm a little iffy on, I bring Rikku along as insurance. Even almost a year later she's ridiculously useful, especially if you're not filled up to the gills with TMRs.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Rikku with her enhancements was really handy for my team versus Sheraton and Elnath (she was also key to my team beating Aigaion back not long after the Nier banner, and has been handy intermittently since prior to enhancement). Great unit, still meta. Her TMR is still great too. Status clear and status fuckery plus debuffs. It is remarkable what Chaos Grenade is enough debuffs for. I used only its debuffs to beat Marlboro, and it was helpful having the miniboros blinded too.

Not a banner to hard pull on but if you don't have Rikku, check her out

Agreed fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Mar 31, 2018

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007

Ugato posted:

Actually I’m wondering if anyone can put up a well geared OK with Hyomonto (the new ice katana) this weekend for it. If so I should be able to manage with Noel, Mystea, Roy, Fina and OK. That way I have basically everything I could want, including an ice imperil. I went ahead and threw some stored moogles at finishing two ribbons anyway, since I’ve been wanting them for arena teams for several months and I’ve had 0 up until now.

Does an OK with Ice Lance work? I've only just started to farm the ice katana so it won't be ready any time soon.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Ancillary Character posted:

Does an OK with Ice Lance work? I've only just started to farm the ice katana so it won't be ready any time soon.

Yeah that’s fine. Katana is just a bit more damage because of the killer, but ice damage is the most important part.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Ugato posted:

I could do Northern Lights, the ice spear, as well. Haven't gotten enough of the new fella to grind out his TMR.

Oh boy a rainbow off the the event ticket! Marie #2. Argh.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Mar 31, 2018

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007

Ugato posted:

Yeah that’s fine. Katana is just a bit more damage because of the killer, but ice damage is the most important part.

I've set the OK as my friend unit. IGN: Blizzard (630,755,575), I think we're already friends

The build calculator said using the killers would yield more damage against Marlboro compared to getting his ATK over 1000 with the materia I have.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

What’s the fight everyone is wanting ice stats for?

hagie fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 31, 2018

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I was doing Malboro and I have WKN so I can ice imperil with my provoke tank (plus I have the new ice katana which has built in plant killer, among others). You can swap back - I screwed up turn 4 and didn’t realize it until too late. Don’t have the time to try again this weekend so I’ll see when I have time to sit down and get ready for the long grind.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

hagie posted:

What’s the fight everyone is wanting ice stays for?

Ugato wants to do Malboro using White Knight Noel for his AOE ice resistance debuff, then chain two OKs using ice weapons.

Speaking of which here's mine. I'm pretty sure we're friends already.

e: Welp, missed the boat on that one.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
My friend unit is currently a Dark Veritas geared to solo the Dark Espers trial, if anyone still needs one of those.

Wiped on Elnath when his 29% threshold attacked killed the Ashe and Marie I was going to use to one-shot him, and I never recovered from that. I'll probably give it another try if I have nothing else to do this weekend.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VqXrFGQa7Cc

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

The thought of Jake fully voiced and animated terrifies me.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It wont be fully voice acted but they are adding voice lines to all CG characters so eventually you will hear Jake, at least older gruffer but still useless Jake.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

PDQ Law posted:

My friend unit is currently a Dark Veritas geared to solo the Dark Espers trial, if anyone still needs one of those.

Much appreciated.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Riiiiiiiight.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

April Fools! Our graphics are still dogshit compared to Dissidia Opera Omnia!

Ha ha, totally got us with that one.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Just saying I'd rather have that style of visuals than nomuras trash chibi style

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

BGrifter posted:

I really prefer high quality sprites to mediocre 3d models.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

BGrifter posted:

Condolences for your preference of bad 3D models over highly detailed 2D sprites.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Apparently Gumi agrees with me as their whole April Fools joke is "Imagine if this game didn't look like crap... ha ha, just kidding".

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its something produced by SEs Business Division 8, which publishes the game. I doubt Gumi had a whole lot of input in it.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

BGrifter posted:

Dude, we get it, you don't like FFBE anymore. Can you stop coming in here just to literally poo poo on the game every day or so?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Nephrite posted:

Dude, we get it, you don't like FFBE anymore. Can you stop coming in here just to literally poo poo on the game every day or so?

You know there's a block feature right? That way you can enjoy your gacha game safe space without ever hearing a critical word.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

All of us have poo poo on this game, you are the only one in here trying to evangelize another poo poo game though

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

All of us have poo poo on this game, you are the only one in here trying to evangelize another poo poo game though

But I won’t get into heaven unless a set number of goons buy gems in a competing game. :ohdear:

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

BGrifter posted:

But I won’t get into heaven unless a set number of goons buy gems in a competing game. :ohdear:

Spoiler: You're already denied entry to heaven because you're shilling for a gacha game.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

BGrifter is just super weird about mobile games guys, he got laughed out of the future fight thread for being a dork there as well

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

NinjaDebugger posted:

Spoiler: You're already denied entry to heaven because you're shilling for a gacha game.

So I’m condemned to eternity in Final Fantasy All The Bravest? :suicide:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Yea I’m done with this story cryst farming. I’ve run it up-teen times and gotten 4 Power Giancrysts.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
Beat Elnath on try 2 since I was better prepared for hitting the 29% threshold.

I moved on to Wicked Moon since I saw a 1.1K Mag T.Terra on Leviathan on my friend list. Spark-chaining two 1K+ Mag T.Terras with their self-buff and Leviathan's M. Spirit Killer was enough to kill the Apostles each turn. Most of my run was about keeping everyone alive until both T.Terras were ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

BGrifter posted:

So I’m condemned to eternity in Final Fantasy All The Bravest? :suicide:

Hell is a mobile phone that only lets you play All the Bravest and Breath of Fire 6.

• Locked thread