Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Bhodi posted:

crimes was sadly taken but

https://s3.amazonaws.com/mycrimes/mycrimes.txt

s3 bucket names are global

nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

JawnV6 posted:

ive heard it as the 3 m's
media
manager
mother

except it's your manager writing the poo poo

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Bhodi posted:

what, you created yospos? you rear end in a top hat.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

*forgets to also delete MYCRIMES.TXT.BAK*

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Bhodi posted:

bithc

I think you meant 'yospos bithc'

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Bhodi posted:

NICE!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

YOSPOS IS NOT A CRIME

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Last Chance posted:

YOSPOS IS NOT A CRIME

butt ur posts are

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

FMguru posted:

seriously

im seeing people upset by the announcement from slack that companies will soon have greater ability to read the contents of "private" slack channels on their servers and im just baffled. dont type stuff on company systems that you dont want the company to read, thats like Being An Employee 101 level knowledge

and it's "greater ability" that's the operative word, because admins on a slack server have been able to export all private channels even on free tiers for years, and paid tiers have allowed exporting everything for the same time, including all pms

you just had to wait a few minutes for slack to compile it all together into a zip you downloaded instead of haing direct live access

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Last Chance posted:

YOSPOS IS NOT A CRIME

YOU WOULDNT MAKE A POST -mpaa (more posts association of america)

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Updog has just posted a new security blawg detailing another S3 public that has been left open & unsecured for public access.

Sadly it is not a lambda updated bucket including all of Bhodi's posts.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

infernal machines posted:

also, lol if u go to america for any reason

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Agile Vector posted:

YOU WOULDNT MAKE A POST -mpaa (more posts association of america)

why would the more posts association of america advocate against posting

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

my bitter bi rival posted:

it’s a very poorly run organization. absolute shambles.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

in line with other mpaa

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

El Mero Mero posted:

(Meanwhile i never got caught and netted myself 100's of dollars in Legos as a kid)

the plural of lego is lego

The_Franz posted:

the secret service also staked out our school and busted some kid for passing inkjet $20 bills in the lunch line. he would have gotten away with it if he only did it once or twice (or at least spaced it out), but when counterfeit currency showed up in the bank deposit for two days in a row they knew something was up, called the secret service and started discretely hitting anything larger than $5 with one of those pens.

those cashiers must have not given a single gently caress cuz, uh

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

graph posted:

those cashiers must have not given a single gently caress cuz, uh

prescriptivists OUT of our forums

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
the past tense of lego is legone

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Tesla: “User error. Not our problem.”

(ps: please keep using autopilot, tesla’s amazing autonomous driving solution, which definitely is not at fault here even though this user kept saying it kept trying to crash at this exact location.)

quote:

In the past, when we have brought up statistical safety points, we have been criticized for doing so, implying that we lack empathy for the tragedy that just occurred. Nothing could be further from the truth. We care deeply for and feel indebted to those who chose to put their trust in us. However, we must also care about people now and in the future whose lives may be saved if they know that Autopilot improves safety. None of this changes how devastating an event like this is or how much we feel for our customer’s family and friends. We are incredibly sorry for their loss.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

graph posted:

legs o

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
legos

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

ComradeCosmobot posted:

(ps: please keep using autopilot, tesla’s amazing autonomous driving solution, which definitely is not at fault here even though this user kept saying it kept trying to crash at this exact location.)

if you die, you cant well be put in any more danger, and the obstruction might be no angel themselves. and so the Tesla murder robot improves safety

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
mods name change to Tesla Murder Angel please

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:

OldAlias posted:

if you die, you cant well be put in any more danger, and the obstruction might be no angel themselves. and so the Tesla murder robot improves safety

For customers wishing to upgrade from this basic package we're happy to announce that we are now offering subscriptions to custom tailored DocWagon(tm) packages*

*not available on the Model3 series. Requires payment in Muskscrip. Not valid in Aztec or Ares Macrotrechnology affiliated territories.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

At least they're doing the noble thing and killing the driver/destroying the car instead of pedestrians.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
can't see it mentioned anywhere earlier in the thread, but tesla had their bonds downgraded this week.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-27/tesla-cut-by-moody-s-on-production-issues-liquidity-concerns

stock's down ~15% this week, they issued a recall after-hours, and production may well miss targets next week

coffeetable fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Mar 31, 2018

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I see they took my suggestion that all robocars should slam into concrete barriers to heart

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

graph posted:

corporations don't own the language

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

my bitter bi rival posted:

regulatory capture by the mods

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
"Lego" is a mass noun like "weather" and "music".

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Doom Mathematic posted:

also a verb: “lego my eggo”

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

the past tense of lego is legone

its lewent, did you sleep in class?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

sensible_chuckle.jif

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Wheany posted:

corporations don't own the language

The corporation wants it to be LEGO brand building blocks.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
LEGO®™

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

i don't think there's a nice way to frame this, the thing killed him in exactly the way he knew it had been trying to kill him for ages. i can't imagine the thought process that would then lead someone to continue to use the suicide machine other than, well, the obvious.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Doom Mathematic posted:

oh, like math!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

infernal machines posted:

i don't think there's a nice way to frame this, the thing killed him in exactly the way he knew it had been trying to kill him for ages. i can't imagine the thought process that would then lead someone to continue to use the suicide machine other than, well, the obvious.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

sidewalk labs public consultations: dazzle 'em with bullshit, because what else have we got?

quote:

When asked about its business model, and the products and services that Sidewalk Labs expects to create in Toronto, Rit Aggarwala, Head of Urban Systems at Sidewalk Labs, answered that “it’s a little unclear, there’s a bunch of options that could present themselves.”

no poo poo

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Mar 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

peckerheads absolutely refuse to guarantee data patriation too, i wonder why that is?

but yes, let's hand these chucklefucks with the attention span of a mayfly the keys to a prime waterfront neighbourhood and see what shakes out. i'm sure the shuck and jive and furious handwaving about literally every aspect of the project that doesn't fit in a glossy brochure isn't indicative of anything