Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
I think ubi needs to do more work on their bote AI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7QohZIVVs8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Finished the game. In the end, this is a real bad game that I regret buying. Has good & fun open world exploration, and good core gameplay, but everything about beyond that is bad and dumb. Bad weapons, bad progression, too many bad missions, bad characters.

Game would be 100% better if they’d add an option to deactivate the main story line and just keep the open world playable with recurring cultist events. Unfortunate.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Coldforge posted:

Finished the game. In the end, this is a real bad game that I regret buying. Has good & fun open world exploration, and good core gameplay, but everything about beyond that is bad and dumb. Bad weapons, bad progression, too many bad missions, bad characters.

Game would be 100% better if they’d add an option to deactivate the main story line and just keep the open world playable with recurring cultist events. Unfortunate.

Shadow of Mordor's Nemesis Forge was based on that premise and for FC5, that would be a tenfold improvement. But that's looking too much into it, any other world game wouldn't be so stupid as to make the plot unavoidable.

The writers need to a lifetime ban on financially benefiting from content involving violence, religion, politics or drugs. It is actually insulting that buying the game in some way is compensating for their spent labor.

Delacroix fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 31, 2018

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Songbearer posted:

I CAN'T GET THE CLUTCH NIXON MUSIC OUT OF MY HEAD SOMEONE loving KILL ME

But why would you want to? Clutch Nixon is a goddamn American Hero and that song is fantastic.

PureRok posted:

Having the exact same issue, but it's more like 1 second. I assume in my case it's loading things and my HDD just isn't fast enough. I'd put it on my SSD, but I have FFXV taking up all of the space on it right now.

Mine's doing this too and it's installed on a pretty new SSD. It's rather infrequent, but irritating.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure by now the residents of Hope County are wishing the Cult would come back. All I do is get drunk and tear-rear end around in my RZR, shooting livestock and wildlife with my gold-plated SMG. Sometimes I stop in Falls End and light the Spread Eagle on fire for good measure.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Just got the game and something is up with the graphics. Character models appear very dark in cutscenes and menus. It’s almost impossible to tell what they look like. Anyone know what I’m talking about?

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Fun Times! posted:

Just got the game and something is up with the graphics. Character models appear very dark in cutscenes and menus. It’s almost impossible to tell what they look like. Anyone know what I’m talking about?

Updated all your drivers?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Akion posted:

Updated all your drivers?

did, but nothing changed. “Optional Update” saves the day.

Fun Times! fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Mar 31, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
lmao hurk rules

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

This game isn’t perfect but if you regret buying it I think you need to find a buddy and try again.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Hexenritter posted:

But why would you want to? Clutch Nixon is a goddamn American Hero and that song is fantastic.

It is, but I failed that flying Clutch mission so much that the song started to really annoy me. I'll try again today though, I desperately want to be Clutch Nixon.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
Apart from the horribly bad main story, the thing that annoys me the most is that they couldn't be arsed to record two versions of the Clutch Nixon stunt narration. His use of gender neutral pronouns is the laziest poo poo. I'm pretty sure the va knocked those lines out in a couple of hours. They couldn't have given him a sandwich and have him go over it twice?

On the other hand, hearing Jess the Juggalette and Peaches tear into rabid cultists behind my back while I'm fishing trout will probably never get old.

Game's fun, but I wholeheartedly agree with most reviews I've seen. The writing and the hamfisted way the cutscenes are forced upon you is subpar, to say the least. The Far Cry games have never excelled at storytelling but with this one it feels like the writers were like hold my beer and raced each other to the bottom

BobKnob
Jul 23, 2002

Vikings are pirates only cooler. Oh yeah not a furry.

warburg posted:

I swear, every single time that I try to use the flamethrower, enemies lit on fire run right towards me at set me on fire.

True for me as well. If I try it on VIPs, they usually just ignore the fact that they are on fire and cooly blow me away or beat me to death. Not to mention it makes the entire area burst into flame killing basically every friendly and companion. Most worthless piece of crap in the game.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Can you pet the dog in this, c/d please.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Gnome de plume posted:

You can pet more than just dogs.

For anyone having issues with catching bigger fish (especially the Admiral) on PC, crank your mouse sensitivity up and it makes it a breeze. I spent 20 goddamned minutes trying to catch it with a relatively normal sensitivity before the line snapped and it took about ten seconds after hitting my mouse's sensitivity switch to catch. Makes me wonder if anyone at Ubisoft even bothered trying to catch the Admiral with a mouse.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
Not only can you pet your dog, you revive it with a belly rub.
You can also pet your cougar, and the way you carefully approach it and letting it come to you is fantastic

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Gnome de plume posted:

confirm
dog is revived by belly rubs, has special interaction for petting, but cannot get in car or stick head out window of car
best dog.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Mr Scumbag posted:

Why would you play competitive multiplayer in a Far Cry game
Ditto. I was expecting to be able to play wandering vigilante and drop into random games for co-op so I could get my murder on. ( Grace's mission is hilarious if you have someone sitting on the fifty cal across the street. )

Instead they wasted dev time / money on a lovely mode that plays, and looks like every asset flip currently on Steam, instead of being able to matchmake in co-op. :psyduck:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just did my first clutch Nixon mission and oh my goddddddd this game is good

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
coop matchmaking would be terrible. make one friend.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
:mad:

drat you, you stupid woman, stop loving standing there after taking two minutes to run across the loving town and get in the cunting truck!

Redoing The Atonement on hard this many times wouldn't be as bad if I weren't stuck in the technical turret waiting for whatsherface from the Spread Eagle. Four out of five times I have to shoot the dumb cow to even make her get in.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
Alright let's talk about the ending. It's just lazy writing. It's bad. Why is the nuke attack a drug induced hallucination? They spent so much time building up the world outside Montana as racing towards WWIII, why not just have the nukes in both endings? They wasted so much time world building and did nothing with it :(

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The sound of patting Boomer's belly to wake him up is perfect.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
You can also pet the rando dogs generated shopkeepers have :3:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I hosed up my game.
I alt-F4'd during Leap of Faith. Now I can't select any other mission, or fast travel. And I can't complete Leap of Faith since I'm not there anymore.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Hexenritter posted:

drat you, you stupid woman, stop loving standing there after taking two minutes to run across the loving town and get in the cunting truck!

Redoing The Atonement on hard this many times wouldn't be as bad if I weren't stuck in the technical turret waiting for whatsherface from the Spread Eagle. Four out of five times I have to shoot the dumb cow to even make her get in.

A motivational stick of dynamite does wonders on party members with stuffed AI or who refuse to not block doorways.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Hey so where do you find Clutch Nixon and what do you do? Im still down in John territory looking for the widow maker.

Also, anyone find all 12 lighters? Is it worth it?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

So I cant have a crossbow and a machine gun at the same time? Seems a little unfair..

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

DancingShade posted:

A motivational stick of dynamite does wonders on party members with stuffed AI or who refuse to not block doorways.

I took to shooting her clear down Hope Falls main street just to make sure.

I am now enjoying my shiny new turboprop fighter.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Klisejo posted:

Got in my fighter plane. Gonna go blow up Jacob's Helicopters. Got Nick on wingman, crazy Bow chick in the gunner seat. We're up over the mountains, getting ready for the attack run.

Then the screen pulses. Then it pulses and turns red.

Then it goes black.

Now I wake up in a cage with Jacob giving me a speech about ~the weak have their purpose~.

Really? I got kidnapped out of an airplane?

This story is loving dumb.

You’ve hit the nail on the head. The problem with this system is that it disturbs your gameplay in a way where it gets really distracting. I got my first hunter-kidnapping thing when I was taking instructions for a story mission. How is that good design?

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe

Blind Rasputin posted:

Hey so where do you find Clutch Nixon and what do you do? Im still down in John territory looking for the widow maker.

There are shrines, adorned with fireworks and american flags, raised to his memory dotting the countryside. Activate them and you'll get moved into a vehicle - plane, buggy, wingsuit etc - to recreate his greatness.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

They aren't wrong. The "pick being a female" option is definitely tacked on and it's made pretty obvious the more you play. I just find it funny, though.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I'm going to quit my job and become Clutch Nixon :911:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

My thoughts so far on the much-discussed story of FC5, having killed 1/3 Koopa Kids: It's bad, even laughably bad at points, but it is not actively offending me like FC3. So at least it's not the worst Far Cry story of all time, a low bar to clear I know.

To sate my curiosity though, for those of you who have finished the game already, the cultists actually have a nuke or some kind of supervirus they're going to unleash upon the world right? I just want to see if my ability to predict bad video game plots is on the money.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
SOME CULT FUCKER JUST MULCHED A BEAR I WAS HUNTING

MULCHED IT

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Hexenritter posted:

I had the same problem! Also she drives loving slooooooooowwww

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I can't find 'kick' in the controls list.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

I can't find 'kick' in the controls list.

You melee while looking down and it does a kick.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Okay so the first time that I got tricked by a Bliss hallucination into a cutscene with Faith was actually pretty cool.
The later part where the game gave up on trying to trick me a second time and just pulled into a second and third Faith cutscene without me even being anywhere near sources of Bliss were not so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

The Lone Badger posted:

I hosed up my game.
I alt-F4'd during Leap of Faith. Now I can't select any other mission, or fast travel. And I can't complete Leap of Faith since I'm not there anymore.

You actually fixed your game, now you don't have to do any of the forced story missions.