Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The story takes up around 5% of playtime, it’s such not a big deal imo

I really like this game! I played around four hours co-op today, then another four on my own. And I plan to do the same again tomorrow, because woooo long weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

I said come in! posted:

Finished Dead Space 1, this weekend though I am going to just play Diablo III and relax. Next week I feel like maybe jumping into Mafia III.

How did you feel about Dead Space? I played it recently and thought it held up well. The lighting, sound design, and overall style really carry it over the top for me even if it would be pretty basic with all the 'little things' stripped away. Both bosses are still great as well, and it has a nice sense of progression. Perhaps it would have been even better without combat for the first hour or so, and you could learn your moves like stasis while tension ramps up over time. Still better than the 100% maximalist approach of DS2 which ends up feeling a bit flat to me.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

In Training posted:

I enjoyed XBC2 a lot more than NNK2 and Ive been liking NNK2 so far its just very, very easy and the kingdom stuff isn't as cool as I was hoping it would be.

I used cheatengine to increase the difficulty because it was insane how fast everything died, there wasnt any time to enjoy the fun cmbat. early on game still pretty easy but at least battles last more than 5 seconds

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A Bag of Milk posted:

How did you feel about Dead Space? I played it recently and thought it held up well. The lighting, sound design, and overall style really carry it over the top for me even if it would be pretty basic with all the 'little things' stripped away. Both bosses are still great as well, and it has a nice sense of progression. Perhaps it would have been even better without combat for the first hour or so, and you could learn your moves like stasis while tension ramps up over time. Still better than the 100% maximalist approach of DS2 which ends up feeling a bit flat to me.

I liked the game and had fun with it. Dead Space could really use a graphics overhaul though I thought. I felt like DS has not aged well despite releasing in 2009. The lighting and shadow effects are very dated by todays standards, and updated visuals would do a lot to help with this game immersion and atmosphere. The pacing is on point though, like you said, and there were only a handful of moments that frustrated me. The only thing that didn’t frustrate me but did bother me was how meaningless I felt the puzzles were. They just came off as busy work that broke the pacing.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That's the beauty of sleeping dogs. You can either keep being a good blue cop or just a muderious leg breaking triad.

I tend to go with the second alot. :v:

Though the getting the cop costume and a certain story cutscene with it just makes me laugh hard.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
In my experience, it's really hard to be a good cop in Sleepy Dogs

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I like how you have both Triad XP and Cop XP, and most people max out on Triad XP halfway through the game and probably never finish the Cop XP progression

Edit: Oh wait, it was actually the other way around to encourage you to act less like a cop the further you get through the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Iirc the cop xp missions were boring so I never got much in that progression

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

you know what, i think i do want to try sleepy droogs again when i'm not playing MWO

ni no kuni 2 isn't really grabbing hold anymore anyway

(e) guess I should pay the four fiddy for the definitive edition upgrade?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
So anyone have any April thread titles?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Resident evil revelations 2 is cool so far, way more interesting than 1 at least, and I enjoy the Barry/Claire split. But the ai partner stuff just seems half baked and annoying, and the enemy designs are pretty stupid looking.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

glam rock hamhock posted:

How about "God of War will probably be lovely, play Yakuza 6 instead"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

4/20 play games errday

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The cop stuff was neat since your score/xp counted down from a max reward instead of up towards it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yakuza 6

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

April Chat Thread: Talkin' Bout Dads

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Everyone is saying Labo this and Labo that

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lmao the big bad in nnk2 turns out to be a brony

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Monster Prom is GotM for April so the thread title should reference that imo

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The gently caress is Monster Prom and why was I not invited

Like I know I wasn't good enough for real prom but not even the monsters want me??? :qq:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Internet Kraken posted:

The gently caress is Monster Prom and why was I not invited

Like I know I wasn't good enough for real prom but not even the monsters want me??? :qq:

http://monsterprom.pizza/

On April 27th, you too will be able to ask a monster out on prom!

I'm not being ironic or anything about this game. I played the demo at pax and it was legit the funniest game I have ever played. I am looking forward to it a lot.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Game of the month is probably Battletech, sorry Monster Prom but this has been 30 years in the making.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Sleeping Dogs cop progression is great. You learn classic cop moves such as "jimmy open car doors and steal them" and "headshot crooks with their own pistol in slo-mo".

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i am quite enjoying the latest game in the chicks with bows genre: Metal Gear Survive

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Hee ho

Almost finished Shiness, the 3D furry jrpg with art that battles Dust an Elysian Tail for crown prince of deviantart

After that.. I might start Infamous First Light... and then after that I think I will get back to my PC backlog. I have a lot of really short poo poo to burn through -> the norwood suite, caligo, black the fall, kamiko, splasher, dead secret, hiveswap, mr shifty, nex machina

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
ugh I wish I had a set of headphones for my tv because I want to play Bloodborne at ungodly hours of the night but I dont want to wake my neighbors

playing it on mute ruins the fun and I have some of the best boss fights I want to finish next :negative:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Do you know you can plug headphones into the PS4 controller

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Played the Hokuto ga Gotoku demo and it’s actually pretty neat. Sure the combat is simple but it works and the 60fps is buttery smooth. I’ll buy the game in a heartbeat if they localize it

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I plan on getting a plat in NNK2 because it's easy then mailing the game to a friend to curse his house

Also I rented Lost Odyssey once back in the day and me and a friend dug everything it was selling. Then we met a bird and it killed us like a dozen times and we never bothered to play it again. Sometimes I wonder if if I missed anything but probably not.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Mar 31, 2018

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Lol I've been owned by Hyrule Warriors.

So this is a game I've been playing for like the past couple years now off and on solely trying to get all the gold skulltulas. In the adventure mode, the maps with gold skulltulas on them will require you to play through 2 times, one for each skulltula. The first time you'll just need to get 1000 kills, the second time you'll need to clear the first mission of that map without taking more than 4 hearts of damage and also getting 1,200 kills.

The game glitched out, probably because of me using a trainer, and gave me the 2nd skulltula on a map instead of the 1st. As a result, the game will now never let me obtain the 1st skulltula, so I have 3 left to get and I can only get 2 of those. If I wanna fix it, I'll have to mess around with a save editor. Whoops lol

I wanna find out copy of lego avengers, we've only been playing hyrule warriors and there are a bunch of other co-op games we've been ignoring because we wanted to finish hyrule warriors up.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

Do you know you can plug headphones into the PS4 controller

:aaa:

all that time of my life wasted sleeping when I could have had bloodborne. I tried headphones once but I didnt realize you needed to go to settings to fix it for all game audio

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah the same thing happened to me too, I thought it was just for mics for a really long time

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

🕇 christ is risen 🕇: april games chat thread

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

something something Easter eggs

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Beware the Idededes of the April Chat Thread

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I bought pirates! On my bedroom xbox and its like im 20 again pretending i have too much hw to go home for winter break so i can play it all day but this time my apartment has heat and food

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Pirates! is fun but I remember this one specific bit that really annoyed me. I was looking for treasure and the map I had showed a specific landmark to keep an eye out for, so I found the landmark in question but the area didn't look anything like the map so it was very confusing. Like, it KINDA resembled the map in some places, but there were other places where it just didn't resemble it at all. After searching around for an hour or so, I gave up and sailed away, only to find yet another landmark just a bit south of that first landmark and this landmark had the same exact name.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dang

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Like, idk if it was just a glitch or what but you'd think the game would know not to generate 2 landmarks with the same name, let alone right near each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:cmon:

• Locked thread