Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

But what if horses had mouths like dogs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

PaulBearer
Jul 23, 2013

Gorilla Salad posted:

But what if horses had mouths like dogs?

Nobody would have tried horseback riding. Ever.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

PaulBearer posted:

Honestly a terrifying horsedog would be great. Normal horses are boring.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Scathach posted:

Honestly a terrifying horsedog would be great. Normal horses are boring.

HOrses evolved with dog like mouths and teeth would deffo be apex predators and eat people. :black101:

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I'm pretty sure that's what Marmaduke was about.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

MariusLecter posted:

HOrses evolved with dog like mouths and teeth would deffo be apex predators and eat people. :black101:

They'd have to have forward-facing eyes to be successful, if you want to be real about it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Scathach posted:

They'd have to have forward-facing eyes to be successful, if you want to be real about it.

Of course.

Also, horses are pretty much the only other animal that have our endurance for running. So dog mouthed, forward facing eyes, terminator endurance four legged and hoofed blood-thirsty demons.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
At that point all you need to add is wings and scales

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Live action SeaLab lookin' sweet

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
poo poo, it's about time we had another mixed up animals photoshop thread.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
😻

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

MariusLecter posted:

There used to be giant-rear end piglike creatures back in the Eocene/Oligocene/Miocene epochs that pretty much had horse legs and vaguely doglike mouths. By all accounts they were scary motherfuckers.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Those guys were more like giant warthogs.

Maybe not too far off too, pigs and their relatives are probably the only modern hoofed mammals that still eat other animals.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Wild and feral pigs are legitimately dangerous and terrifying.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Don't forget hippos! Their toes are actually mini-hooves. They're big as gently caress and'll eat anything stupid enough to go near them.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

MariusLecter posted:

Of course.

Also, horses are pretty much the only other animal that have our endurance for running. So dog mouthed, forward facing eyes, terminator endurance four legged and hoofed blood-thirsty demons.

I want to weave kevlar into ostrich plumage and scout deep into enemy territory astride my bloodthirsty hellchicken

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Crown this man.

Otoh maybe save your posts for the page they belong on.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PaulBearer posted:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Inescapable Duck posted:

Wild and feral pigs are legitimately dangerous and terrifying.

Even domesticated pigs can be scary. Apparently it's a disturbingly common problem for pig farmers to get eaten by their pigs.

Pigs will eat drat near anything and go feral at the slightest provocation. Or even slightest opportunity, it seems. It's like they're actively looking for a reason to gently caress up everything alive they can get near.

They're smart too. Apparently it's really, really difficult to eradicate feral pig populations because any traps you dream up only work once.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

He got better, though.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Maybe not too far off too, pigs and their relatives are probably the only modern hoofed mammals that still eat other animals.

Noooooo. Lots of herbivores will opportunistically eat some meat if they can get hold of it. Like deer. Deer will eat birds.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Birds aren’t mammals, usually.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Subjunctive posted:

Birds aren’t mammals, usually.

Some of them are occasionally fish, though
https://thefisheriesblog.com/2017/03/01/beavers-are-fish-during-lent/

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Pretty sure bats are bugs, though, if that helps.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Skippy McPants posted:

Don't forget hippos! Their toes are actually mini-hooves. They're big as gently caress and'll eat anything stupid enough to go near them.

They also have a god drat bat'leth or two in their mouth.
Not just upward facing fangs, but FORWARD facing ones, too!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Even domesticated pigs can be scary. Apparently it's a disturbingly common problem for pig farmers to get eaten by their pigs.

Pigs will eat drat near anything and go feral at the slightest provocation. Or even slightest opportunity, it seems. It's like they're actively looking for a reason to gently caress up everything alive they can get near.

They're smart too. Apparently it's really, really difficult to eradicate feral pig populations because any traps you dream up only work once.

So you have seen many pigs eat many men? Was it a bloodbath?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

ToxicSlurpee posted:

A good trap only needs to work once

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There used to be giant-rear end piglike creatures back in the Eocene/Oligocene/Miocene epochs that pretty much had horse legs and vaguely doglike mouths. By all accounts they were scary motherfuckers.

... which "accounts" are these?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Mostly articles by palaeontologists and documentaries by channels like National Geographic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxpUbZdm1sI

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Why by my account! I am Belthezar, the Earth Walker! Heed my words mortals! Those things were scary as gently caress!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Why by my account! I am Belthezar, the Earth Walker! Heed my words mortals! Those things were scary as gently caress!

Dude. Your avatar animates when minimized in the mobile app. How do you do this? Are you magic???

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
The lesson here is eat pigs before they eat you

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Scathach posted:

Or not have a heart attack when you think about ants.

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

The MSJ posted:

Sounds like a razorback to me... sooowee....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-WKSnSagMg

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Captain Splendid posted:

Pretty sure bats are bugs, though, if that helps.

BATS AREN'T BUGS!

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

The MSJ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyEBXTL1Y3U

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Happy Easter!

An Eli Roth production.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
:f5h::devil: