Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Pope Guilty posted:

I legit don't understand what the Cyst and Slasher rounds in Endless are supposed to be about. Just to give you a break, I guess? They might be more challenging if it were, like, four times as many zeds at a time, but when it's just trickling out a dozen or so at a time there's no particular point.

Probably a mix of that and to let you get some easy money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Marogareh posted:

Once the Scrake only wave appears you might as well give up. It's still super funny to me when there's triple digits coming out of the woodwork and murdering everyone in seconds.

Yeah, I just experienced that on Suicidal. 3 of us survived to 135 Scrakes left, and managed to whittle them down to 70 before they wore us down. Ammo scarcity drags it out and makes more opportunities for you to make a wrong turn and stumble into a crowd.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Gromit posted:

Yeah, I just experienced that on Suicidal. 3 of us survived to 135 Scrakes left, and managed to whittle them down to 70 before they wore us down. Ammo scarcity drags it out and makes more opportunities for you to make a wrong turn and stumble into a crowd.

Our group made it to that wave on a high player count server. It is really funny when the kill count rapidly stacks in the Scrakes favor. I was playing a lv 25 zerker and even with the Parry defense skill up ended up being bodied hard into a corner and ripped up. Good times.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
So far I've had both Husk and Siren waves and holy poo poo do things get loud when 25 Sirens all scream at once or the never ending explosions from non stop Husks.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Judge Tesla posted:

So far I've had both Husk and Siren waves and holy poo poo do things get loud when 25 Sirens all scream at once or the never ending explosions from non stop Husks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJAtpGezWEo

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I'm loving the Husk Gun, except that when you're lagging it has the same problem any explosives do. Also the AOE could be a bit higher.

Also, what's with people welding random doors shut for no reason? Is there a perk that gets XP for ensuring that other players will round a corner only to find that what should be an escape is a dead end?

Pope Guilty fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 31, 2018

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Pope Guilty posted:

I'm loving the Husk Gun, except that when you're lagging it has the same problem any explosives do. Also the AOE could be a bit higher.

Also, what's with people welding random doors shut for no reason? Is there a perk that gets XP for ensuring that other players will round a corner only to find that what should be an escape is a dead end?

Supports get xp for welding, yes.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Pope Guilty posted:

The only people who should be welding are Support(since they weld faster and can fix broken doors*) and Demolitionist(since they can put bombs on doors^)

*they really should increase the speed at which Support can fix doors, as is it's so slow as to be useless 99% of the time

^would love for Tripwire to give other classes special things to put on welded doors, like say Firebug can put a napalm bomb on one, or Sharpshooter a freeze bomb

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Got to wave 52 with a new record of 1916 kills. It's a miracle I didn't get a single Scrake only wave. Berserker with all the tank skills can go for a long rear end time.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

God I hate the vote kick system in this game, it's way too easy to abuse since it auto kicks people if someone starts a vote against them enough times, just got thrown out of a game cause of some underage douchebags doing that to me

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

drrockso20 posted:

God I hate the vote kick system in this game, it's way too easy to abuse since it auto kicks people if someone starts a vote against them enough times, just got thrown out of a game cause of some underage douchebags doing that to me

No it doesn't. It actually disables votekicks if people keep calling them for the rest of the game. But sometimes people get so fed up with having a votekick called on the same person that they'll vote "yes" just to get it to stop.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Theta Zero posted:

No it doesn't. It actually disables votekicks if people keep calling them for the rest of the game. But sometimes people get so fed up with having a votekick called on the same person that they'll vote "yes" just to get it to stop.

Nope I've gotten kicked by the system after multiple votes that never get enough to succeed, I pay attention to how many I get when it happens

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Just part of KF, really. Sometimes people votekick to reserve space for their friends, sometimes they just wanna be dicks. I've done both and have had both done to me.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

I haven't had suck thing happen in KF but in other games I just initiate votekick against whoever wanted to kick me after theirs expires and half the time they will get kicked instead.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Marogareh posted:

Got to wave 52 with a new record of 1916 kills. It's a miracle I didn't get a single Scrake only wave. Berserker with all the tank skills can go for a long rear end time.

How many players and what difficulty?

drrockso20 posted:

Nope I've gotten kicked by the system after multiple votes that never get enough to succeed, I pay attention to how many I get when it happens

Maybe an admin kicked you anyway? I've not seen any settings in the server ini file about kicking players for X number of voting rounds started against them. That would make no sense and just increase griefing.

Gromit fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Mar 31, 2018

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I'm on PS4 so I had four people until they had to leave so it was just me and a medic for about an hour. Played on hard because it feels just right in terms of fun and difficulty. They did a great job of giving them suicidal moves and super speed the higher the wave you go. At least that medic got three levels out of it.

Marogareh fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Mar 31, 2018

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Gromit posted:

How many players and what difficulty?

Maybe an admin kicked you anyway? I've not seen any settings in the server ini file about kicking players for X number of voting rounds started against them. That would make no sense and just increase griefing.

On PS4 actually

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Got the double Abomination boss-fight a few days ago, but I've not seen this weird thing before:

https://gfycat.com/BlandOrnateAfricanfisheagle

Pixelponny
Oct 30, 2007

Two bloody great handfuls
Pillbug

You Zeds may have fur coats to cover your knickers but I've got dosh of steel

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
The Husk Cannon when used by a Firebug or Demo at Level 25 is insane and will probably get toned down. If you want to know what its like to be Samus or Megaman then its a really fun weapon. But you're safer using it as a Firebug as using it as a Demo incurs a lot of up close splash damage that will kill you fast. You don't take nearly as much as a Firebug. Mac 10 is good but I feel like its a bit too pricey for its damage and clip size.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Yeah I have only used the husk cannon once as firebug and wasn't really playing seriously but hot drat. It's what the seeker-7 should have been- reasonable splash radius, actually powerful enough to kill things like gorefasts quickly, doesn't spend 80% of its time reloading, no minimum range. Not sure if it's more efficient to charge up or just click spam but it felt good both ways.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

aniviron posted:

Yeah I have only used the husk cannon once as firebug and wasn't really playing seriously but hot drat. It's what the seeker-7 should have been- reasonable splash radius, actually powerful enough to kill things like gorefasts quickly, doesn't spend 80% of its time reloading, no minimum range. Not sure if it's more efficient to charge up or just click spam but it felt good both ways.

Charging the shot can stumble and knock over larger zeds like Scrakes and FPs. It also deals more damage but takes more time to charge so its situation.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Revolver Bunker posted:

The Husk Cannon when used by a Firebug or Demo at Level 25 is insane and will probably get toned down. If you want to know what its like to be Samus or Megaman then its a really fun weapon. But you're safer using it as a Firebug as using it as a Demo incurs a lot of up close splash damage that will kill you fast. You don't take nearly as much as a Firebug. Mac 10 is good but I feel like its a bit too pricey for its damage and clip size.

I like the MAC on SWAT, between the fire stumble and your stun grenades you can solo the bigger zeds even easier.

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness
Revisiting this game after a couple year break. Seems a lot nicer now! At launch, it seemed good, but flawed. It was immediately made worse with each subsequent patch, I gave up all hope shortly after the release of gunslinger.

But after Vermintide 2 left me wanting more, I felt compelled to shoot some zambies again. I like that there's more ways to stun / disable bigger zeds now, and bosses seemingly have fewer unavoidable "delete player" abilities across the board. The difficulty curve feels much smoother, too. Starting from an unleveled perk on normal, I played until Normal felt too easy, then switch to Hard. It felt just about right; significantly more challenging without being numerically impossible given the skills and percentile bonuses I had at the time. It also seems like early levels come faster, giving you access to critical level 5 and level 10 skills much faster. Maybe it's been long enough that I just don't remember the original XP curve correctly anymore.

Good job, Tripwire.

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

I've been thinking of getting back into KF2. But before I take the time to get reacquainted with it only to realise that I don't want to play with randos, I wanted to know if there was still a an active SA playerbase.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I play regularly with randos and they are generally fine in my own country, but when I play on HK or Singapore servers it really seems like people stick to themselves, don't share cash, and get wiped out. But it's a great feeling when a team of strangers just clicks and you all power through HoE.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I've only really been playing on high player count servers because I enjoy the chaos that ensues. Currently I play on Happy Cat, Hopeless Democracy and one other one. Usually the Hell on Earth difficulty and lately on the Endless mode. This game is good for scratching my monster/zombie fps itch.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Is anybody else not really seeing the Patriarch boss lately? I feel like if I play five games I fight four Abominations and either a Volter or a King Fleshpound.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I had triple back to back to back Patriarchs on endless last time I played; might just be randomness for me, or against you, not sure.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Yeah, I guess just one of those things where weird streaks are random, too.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
For anyone that's played Endless mode. Have you encountered an all Husk wave yet? I know the game can do all of one type waves but so far I've only see Cyst, Bloats, Sirens and Scrakes.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011
I have! And they are terrible, the server was accidently set to normal instead of HOE but we couldve easily gotten wipped. Ranged attacks, AOE attacks and suicide bombs all the time. Though I havent done any of the all X waves yet, siren or scrake must be really bad. Wonder if theres an all quarter pounder mutation.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Skrakewave is great if you're solo, you're the only one firing and most classes can deal with skrakes one at a time; the end result is pretty easy and you get fucktons of XP.

Skrakewave with other people is hell. There are so many and they are so big that you will get cornered. Everyone else is retarded and will aggro all the skrakes and then not finish them.

I don't think there is a quarterpounder or fleshpound wave because there is the poundemonium weekly event that can spawn as a wave anyway.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Husk wave is an "oh gently caress" moment along with the Boom mutation, depending a bit on the type of map you're in.
Played a bloat wave that sounded easy on paper but they slowly edged ever closer and closer to a spot we were trying to hold-out in. When a dozen of them are vomiting all over the shop it's a nightmare. Haven't seen a siren wave - I imagine it has you reaching for the volume control pretty quickly.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Gromit posted:

Husk wave is an "oh gently caress" moment along with the Boom mutation, depending a bit on the type of map you're in.
Played a bloat wave that sounded easy on paper but they slowly edged ever closer and closer to a spot we were trying to hold-out in. When a dozen of them are vomiting all over the shop it's a nightmare. Haven't seen a siren wave - I imagine it has you reaching for the volume control pretty quickly.

Siren wave is very much like the Bloat wave. Only as the horde collides with players swaths will die as the siren screams overlap and swallow hp whole. It would probably break servers but a Crawler only wave would be fun. Literal Zerg Rush again players.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I wonder if the game supports each zed having a random mutation so you get mixtures of boom, bobbles, shrinking etc in the one wave? Mind you, surprise boom zeds would be a cruel joke against players.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The wave they always gets me is Up, Up And Decay. Just can't figure out how to get out of the way of that.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Pope Guilty posted:

The wave they always gets me is Up, Up And Decay. Just can't figure out how to get out of the way of that.

Zeds will start to regen health as soon as they take any damage. Focus firing works best to keep them from piling up. This is especially true for Scrakes and FPs as the regen can keep them alive if only one person is firing at them. On a 6 person server that should be fine but on high count servers it can spell the end of the map. I've seen success at keep together and not wandering off on your own but the team as a whole may have to run and gun to keep with the pace of the spawns.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Revolver Bunker posted:

For anyone that's played Endless mode. Have you encountered an all Husk wave yet? I know the game can do all of one type waves but so far I've only see Cyst, Bloats, Sirens and Scrakes.

Yes. It's one of the worst unless you're Firebug.

But I mostly get Cyst only. I had one game where I literally had it five times in a row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Bazooka
May 21, 2007
Firebug with no Spitfire is shameful Firebug.