Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Ooooh, pretty!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Lookin' good, but no Nomad TAG is complete without racing stripes.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Good effort there Khis, keep going!

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
Petition to change the thread title to

Tunguska? I hardly knew 'er

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

TwingeCrag posted:

Tunguska? I hardly knew 'er
:what:

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery

I have no regrets, only shame

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

TwingeCrag posted:

I have no regrets, only shame
And well you should :colbert:

"Heckler? I hardly know 'er!" :smug:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 31, 2018

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
So I picked up the Ariadna Rangers starterbox after dicking around with the rulebook and the army builder a bit. On a scale of "yes" to "turbo yes" how hard will I get stomped if I bring something along the lines of:

Group 1:
HMG Blackjack
6x Grunts w/Rifle
Grunt w/HMG
Grunt w/Sniper
LT Grunt w/Rifle and grenade launcher

Group 2:
Devil Dogs
4x Airborne Rangers w/Rifle

Because I am entirely too interested in maneuvering fire teams around a base of fire like I'm playing Real Army.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Strobe posted:

So I picked up the Ariadna Rangers starterbox after dicking around with the rulebook and the army builder a bit. On a scale of "yes" to "turbo yes" how hard will I get stomped if I bring something along the lines of:

Group 1:
HMG Blackjack
6x Grunts w/Rifle
Grunt w/HMG
Grunt w/Sniper
LT Grunt w/Rifle and grenade launcher

Group 2:
Devil Dogs
4x Airborne Rangers w/Rifle

Because I am entirely too interested in maneuvering fire teams around a base of fire like I'm playing Real Army.
About "it's a loving bad idea".

- those Airbornes will really really want regular orders. At least 4, preferably more. Otherwise your elite forward troops will be stuck not knowing where to go because everyone forgot about them the moment they stepped off the heli.

- if you're gonna run 4 AD troops, do yourself a favor and add Van Zant. Tactical Jumping a whole squad in can be terrifying, and IIRC you can switch Parachutists' designated deployment section to where Zant appears if you decide to tacjump with him.

- the Airbornes will appear closer to your enemy, so Rifle is not a good loadout. SMG and especially BS are nasty at close range, and SMG loadout has a FO variant that can do objectives in scenarios. If you're looking for close fire support, Zant or Molotok Airborne will do better.

- hide your LT. If you have SWC to spare (you did), you should've made the LT one of the million identical rifle Grunts so the opponent (just remember to make the models a little different so you can write on your list that your LT is e.g. the dude with a Coca-Cola can on the base). Keep in mind that an experienced opponent will know what typical LT profiles look like and might hunt them. Or you can disregard all that, take the XO Van Zant and go for the kill :haw:

- If you want fireteams (multiple), IIRC your only option is to take a Marauder haris. They eat SWC like popcorn but are a good support option.

Here's something I made based on the above:

USAriadna Ranger Force
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 7
BLACKJACK AP HMG, Chest Mines, D.E.P. / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (2 | 36)
GRUNT Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
GRUNT (Forward Observer) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
GRUNT Paramedic (MediKit) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
GRUNT HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 21)
GRUNT Lieutenant Rifle, Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 14)

GROUP 2 6 1 1
DEVIL DOG Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades + 1 K-9 Antipode / AP Heavy Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 30)
K-9 ANTIPODE AP CCW. (7)
AIRBORNE RANGER (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun / Pistol, AP CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 21)
AIRBORNE RANGER Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, AP CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 24)
VAN ZANT AP Rifle / Heavy Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 38)
MARAUDER (Multispectral Visor L1) Sniper / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
MARAUDER (Fireteam: Haris) Rifle, Heavy Flamethrower / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1 | 22)
MARAUDER Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

- Not convinced with the LGL Grunt. If he's to be used standalone for spec fire, he might want some forward FO support, like a Foxtrot (if the Airborne has the option he typically can kill the target himself). If he's to be a direct link-bullying option in a fireteam, he's high-risk so I in that case I'd swap the BS Marauder to rifle and make him the LT.

- Airbornes/Zant are the nutkickers, hit the enemy in the soft place and keep being as much of an rear end in a top hat as humanly possible. If the enemy's running around trying to wrangle your paratroopers instead of doing their own plan, mission accomplished. If your airbornes take out something important in the process, or destroy their orderbase (no one wants a shotgun blast at close range, not even link teams) even better.

- Marauders are typical support and mop up, the BS/mines is there in case someone wants to get cute with their own AD (I'd prefer the HRL, but ow the SWC. Another good option would be a paramedic for objectives and potential healing, also drat I miss proper doctors and helperbots). They're mostly passive backup so they shouldn't eat many orders.

- 2 plain rifle Grunts are LT decoys. There's always a chance that your opponent will miscount SWC and assume one of those is the real LT (unless he's one of those assholes who rebuild your list on their phones during game). For better effect, place one of the spares in a well-defended position.

- Now that I think of it, moving one of the spare Grunts to Group 2 might be a good idea.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Mar 31, 2018

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Pierzak posted:

About "it's a loving bad idea".

- those Airbornes will really really want regular orders. At least 4, preferably more. Otherwise your elite forward troops will be stuck not knowing where to go because everyone forgot about them the moment they stepped off the heli.

- if you're gonna run 4 AD troops, do yourself a favor and add Van Zant. Tactical Jumping a whole squad in can be terrifying, and IIRC you can switch Parachutists' designated deployment section to where Zant appears if you decide to tacjump with him.

- the Airbornes will appear closer to your enemy, so Rifle is not a good loadout. SMG and especially BS are nasty at close range, and SMG loadout has a FO variant that can do objectives in scenarios. If you're looking for close fire support, Zant or Molotok Airborne will do better.

- hide your LT. If you have SWC to spare (you did), you should've made the LT one of the million identical rifle Grunts so the opponent (just remember to make the models a little different so you can write on your list that your LT is e.g. the dude with a Coca-Cola can on the base). Keep in mind that an experienced opponent will know what typical LT profiles look like and might hunt them. Or you can disregard all that, take the XO Van Zant and go for the kill :haw:

- If you want fireteams (multiple), IIRC your only option is to take a Marauder haris. They eat SWC like popcorn but are a good support option.

Here's something I made based on the above:

USAriadna Ranger Force
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 7
BLACKJACK AP HMG, Chest Mines, D.E.P. / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (2 | 36)
GRUNT (Forward Observer) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
GRUNT Paramedic (MediKit) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
GRUNT HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 21)
GRUNT Lieutenant Rifle, Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 14)

GROUP 2 6 1 1
DEVIL DOG Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades + 1 K-9 Antipode / AP Heavy Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 30)
K-9 ANTIPODE AP CCW. (7)
AIRBORNE RANGER (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun / Pistol, AP CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 21)
AIRBORNE RANGER Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, AP CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 24)
VAN ZANT AP Rifle / Heavy Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 38)
MARAUDER (Multispectral Visor L1) Sniper / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
MARAUDER (Fireteam: Haris) Rifle, Heavy Flamethrower / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1 | 22)
MARAUDER Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

- Not convinced with the LGL Grunt. If he's to be used standalone for spec fire, he might want some forward FO support, like a Foxtrot (if the Airborne has the option he typically can kill the target himself). If he's to be a direct link-bullying option in a fireteam, he's high-risk so I in that case I'd swap the BS Marauder to rifle and make him the LT.

- Marauders are typical support and mop up, the BS/mines is there in case someone wants to get cute with their own AD (another good option would be a paramedic for objectives and potential healing, also drat I miss proper doctors and helperbots). They're mostly passive backup so they shouldn't eat many orders.

- 2 plain rifle Grunts are LT decoys. There's always a chance that your opponent will miscount SWC and assume one of those is the real LT (unless he's one of those assholes who rebuild your list on their phones during game). For better effect, place one of the spares in a well-defended position.

This is a lot of advice! Some of it seems really common sense after the fact (hiding your LT). I'm not terribly familiar with all of the weapon profiles yet, but even then I think I'll probably favor Rifles over SMGs. The goal here is primarily to own the map with difficult to approach ARO bubbles that shut down any of the sightlines on the map, preferably around objectives.

The orders advice is good stuff. I reworked a bit around some of the misconceptions I came out with (and I actually read Parachutist, instead of imagining it doing something elsee), and came up with the following (which is still probably on the sub-par end, but appeals to me which is slightly higher on the priorities list):

Group 1
Blackjack HMG
3x Grunt w/Rifle
LT Grunt w/Rifle
Grunt w/HMG
Marauder Paramedic
3x Marauder w/Rifle and Flamethrower

Group 2
Devil Dogs
4x Grunt w/Rifle
Grunt w/Rifle and LGL
Grunt w/HMG

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Strobe posted:

This is a lot of advice! Some of it seems really common sense after the fact (hiding your LT). I'm not terribly familiar with all of the weapon profiles yet, but even then I think I'll probably favor Rifles over SMGs. The goal here is primarily to own the map with difficult to approach ARO bubbles that shut down any of the sightlines on the map, preferably around objectives.

The orders advice is good stuff. I reworked a bit around some of the misconceptions I came out with (and I actually read Parachutist, instead of imagining it doing something elsee), and came up with the following (which is still probably on the sub-par end, but appeals to me which is slightly higher on the priorities list):

Group 1
Blackjack HMG
3x Grunt w/Rifle
LT Grunt w/Rifle
Grunt w/HMG
Marauder Paramedic
3x Marauder w/Rifle and Flamethrower

Group 2
Devil Dogs
4x Grunt w/Rifle
Grunt w/Rifle and LGL
Grunt w/HMG

- if you want ARO bubbles, just put the SMG on suppressive fire - that mode's got the same range bands no matter if it's an SMG, rifle, or HMG.

- you do know you can only have 1 core fireteam at a time? If you're thinking of putting both groups of grunts into two fireteams, be aware that the first core fireteam will dissolve the moment you form the second. It's still an option for better order efficiency etc., but you won't get the bonuses all the time.

- this list is really static without any infiltrators or AD. Expect the approach lanes to be shat up with mines from behind corners.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Pierzak posted:

- if you want ARO bubbles, just put the SMG on suppressive fire - that mode's got the same range bands no matter if it's an SMG, rifle, or HMG.

- you do know you can only have 1 core fireteam at a time? If you're thinking of putting both groups of grunts into two fireteams, be aware that the first core fireteam will dissolve the moment you form the second. It's still an option for better order efficiency etc., but you won't get the bonuses all the time.

- this list is really static without any infiltrators or AD. Expect the approach lanes to be shat up with mines from behind corners.

A bunch more things I did not know! It sucks Fireteams are limited like that (at least from my perspective). :( I'll probably keep that many grunts for the LT shell game/weight of fire/attrition, and if it's at all feasible try to group up whichever would be most advantageous to me at that moment.

Is the main advantage to Suppressive Fire the -3 to the target's BS? I kind of doubt on a 4' x 4' table that having a range beyond 24" is truly necessary, but what kind of ranges should I expect to encounter? From the general tone of things I'm guessing the +3 to hit from 8-16 of a regular rifle isn't enough to offset the advantages to Suppressive Fire. It looks like Suppressive Fire takes an Entire Order to activate, and it can be negated by enemy actions, but a model can take a regular ARO even if it did something else with its order (like shooting).

I expect my particular playstyle is going to take some refining on a table, but at first glance I'm not sure I'm a fan of Suppressive Fire on its own, unless I'm missing something significant (which is more probable than not).

Is there a way to clear/avoid those mines besides AD? I could pretty easily replace the Marauders with Airborne if it comes down to it, depending on how the concept ends up working on the table.

Han Feizi
Jul 20, 2014

Strobe posted:

A bunch more things I did not know! It sucks Fireteams are limited like that (at least from my perspective). :( I'll probably keep that many grunts for the LT shell game/weight of fire/attrition, and if it's at all feasible try to group up whichever would be most advantageous to me at that moment.

Is the main advantage to Suppressive Fire the -3 to the target's BS? I kind of doubt on a 4' x 4' table that having a range beyond 24" is truly necessary, but what kind of ranges should I expect to encounter? From the general tone of things I'm guessing the +3 to hit from 8-16 of a regular rifle isn't enough to offset the advantages to Suppressive Fire. It looks like Suppressive Fire takes an Entire Order to activate, and it can be negated by enemy actions, but a model can take a regular ARO even if it did something else with its order (like shooting).

I expect my particular playstyle is going to take some refining on a table, but at first glance I'm not sure I'm a fan of Suppressive Fire on its own, unless I'm missing something significant (which is more probable than not).

Is there a way to clear/avoid those mines besides AD? I could pretty easily replace the Marauders with Airborne if it comes down to it, depending on how the concept ends up working on the table.

Suppressive fire has 2 advantages. It changes range bands, which can be beneficial if you're using a heavy weapon like an HMG that has a penalty up close. Secondly it allows you to fire at burst 3 in ARO. Those two additional dice can really make your opponent think twice about how to handle your SF trooper. It can tilt the odds in your favor against low burst weapons like missiles. The -3 is just icing on the cake. If you have a defensive modifier like camo, SF stacks. So you have a trooper with camo, in cover, and in SF for a whopping minus 9.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
:stare: I did not see that a normal ARO was at Burst 1 instead of whatever weapon profile it has. That's a major difference.

Update revision 3, also including AD with enough orders for the Rangers to actually get where they're going when they get there:

Group 1:
Blackjack w/HMG
3x Grunt w/Rifle
LT Grunt w/Rifle
Grunt w/HMG
4x Airborne Ranger

Group 2:
Devil Dogs
4x Grunt w/Rifle
Grunt Paramedic
Grunt Forward Observer
Grunt w/HMG

EDIT: Can I have a Fireteam go on Suppressive Fire with one action, or does it not quite work like that?

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
No, putting a troop on suppressive fire will kick them from the fireteam. However, one of the key advantages of fireteams are that troops are b2 in ARO. As such the supp fire Benefits aren't as great. Also the +3bs for the troops if they're in a 5 man link.

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn
Remember that while going into SF is a full order, it can be a coordinated one. You can just put 5 dudes into SF with your last order of the turn.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
Also I want to point out that the rifle-toting Airborne get burst 4 assault pistols, which you should absolutely not forget about.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Coordinated orders activates max four guys.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

TwingeCrag posted:

Also I want to point out that the rifle-toting Airborne get burst 4 assault pistols, which you should absolutely not forget about.
Now this is something I missed and it makes the rifle loadout less stupid. Thanks.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.
Hey thread,

A buddy showed me a test game of Infinity yesterday and I absolutely loved the system. I loved how a single sniper in a clocktower murdered anyone who stepped into the open with no further investment, and how my giant handsome man walked through a spray of bullets to impale a dude and gun down two more. It was enough to get me to want to buy in!

I've looked everything over and settled on Panoceana as my faction of choice. I'm not hugely interested in the knightly subfaction, I'm more interested in the idea of playing high tech corporate goons. I also prioritize cool looking models, preferably recent ones based on the recent discussion in the thread about scale. However I've only got a really super hazy view as to what anything is or does due to the store's absolutely terrible model photography. So could I ask folks to recommend me a Good Enough 300 point list of guys made out of the coolest/most recent PanO models? Just something big enough to play games with and get used to that I can subsequently expand on.

Thanks!

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn
Glad you liked the system. I'm still very new but I really love it.

Thanqol posted:

I've looked everything over and settled on Panoceana as my faction of choice.

Boo

I don't know anything about whether he's points efficient but the Swiss Guard is pretty scary.

Random question for the thread: do Plasma weapons, being impact template, ignore cover? If so holy poo poo maybe I should have picked CA instead of YJ.

Zeppelin Insanity fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Mar 31, 2018

Zalabar
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, he would like fries with that, thank you.

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

Random question for the thread: do Plasma weapons, being impact template, ignore cover? If so holy poo poo maybe I should have picked CA instead of YJ.

Unless I'm reading the wiki wrong, plasma weapons do ignore cover.

The simplified version is that it becomes a template weapon right before it hits, and template weapons ignore cover.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
It ignores the +3arm/bts mod, not the -3 mod for the BS roll.

Plasma is nasty.

Swiss guard are ace, and if you're running NCA they're almost a given. The HMG or Assault Hacker are the pics.

As for PanO in general: the main starter is new, and a few of the other minis (tilbalang/Uhlan being a favourite). If you want a new sectorial starter the aconticimento is sexy, and the Bagh Mari (also from acon) are also new and hot. The NCA stuff is a mix of new and old. MO is also a mix, but is getting pretty heavily rejuvinated at the moment.

Acon are hard first-time, NCA with a fusilier core and the a Swiss guard or cutter or Aquila or some other nasty hitter is a good starting jam.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Easy to hand to remember, all template weapons don't grant the +3 ARM/BTS bonus, they all ignore it.

Also Plasma owns.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
From a Tohaa player, plasma weapons are loving bonkers. Roll a crit, gently caress my life.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
I used Hector for the first time in a game the other day. Plasma weapons are legitimately silly. They can also fire at +1 damage in the case that your target wasn't in cover. Plus unlike viral they still punish low armor models.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

dexefiend posted:

From a Tohaa player, plasma weapons are loving bonkers. Roll a crit, gently caress my life.
jog on viral boy.

i play both

Used a plasma tricked out link last week with 2x Carbines, 1x Rifle, 1x PSR and a K1, it was horrific.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Pidgin Englishman posted:

It ignores the +3arm/bts mod, not the -3 mod for the BS roll.
Just give your Unidrons MMX2 supportware :v:

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn
Unless I missed it, you never told me which one you were at the Recon tournament.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Just got my first models. Is there anything I should know about assembling metal models? I've assembled thousands of 40k plastic and resin ones, but metal is new to me.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

a7m2 posted:

Just got my first models. Is there anything I should know about assembling metal models? I've assembled thousands of 40k plastic and resin ones, but metal is new to me.

Get fresh glue is the number one. Cyanoacrylate lasts like three months at best. Old stuff will work OK on plastic but not metal. Clean then as you would metal but be sure to wash them before assembly. I get really crazy with it and scrub them with a brass brush before washing them. This helps get all the poo poo out of the crevices. Score the joints with your knife before assembly.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

a7m2 posted:

Superglue accelerator is your new best friend

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Cat Face Joe posted:

Get fresh glue is the number one. Cyanoacrylate lasts like three months at best. Old stuff will work OK on plastic but not metal. Clean then as you would metal but be sure to wash them before assembly. I get really crazy with it and scrub them with a brass brush before washing them. This helps get all the poo poo out of the crevices. Score the joints with your knife before assembly.

Very helpful, thanks. What do you mean by "score the joints"?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

a7m2 posted:

Obviously plastic glue won't work. In general it will take glue longer to bond on metal, in particular enough to hold heavy pieces like from tags on, but it helps if you use a hobby knife to rough up the contact surfaces by scoring them. The ultimate option is to pin all joints along with glueing them, which involves drilling small holes on both pieces, and then having a thin metal rod go between them.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Scoring is just scraping a crosshatch into the spots you are going to glue. It gives some nooks and crannies for the glue to bind into.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Renfield posted:

Superglue accelerator is your new best friend
No, not really. Accelerator makes the glue set more quickly, but it also makes the bond more brittle. And fresh cyanoacrylate glue bonds extremely quickly anyway (the package usually issues the warning "bonds to skin instantly" for a reason).

In case it wasn't clear from the previous posts, "scoring" means taking a sharp hobby knife and making little tiny shallow cross-hatch cuts (think #) on the surfaces to which glue is to be applied. This ever so slightly increases the surface area, but also reduces perfectly flat shear surfaces to which hard-setting glues like CA are weakest. Your scoring doesn't need to be deep, so don't feel like you need to go crazy. I rarely score joins on infantry-sized units and I've never had a problem with breakage. Oh, I take that back, I did have one Jammer on a Ghazi that came off once.

In terms of PanO minis, the starter is new and is a good buy. I really dig the new Fusiliers, those are nice sculpts. PanO also has some loving awesome TAGs. In particular the Uhlan, Seraph, and Jotum are dope as hell.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

This thread is great. You guys are great. Thanks!!
What do you guys do with the bases? Cut a slot in the bases or cut off the bar under the models' feet?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Accelerator is basically mandatory if you don't want to get a new bottle of glue every three months, though. At the rate I end up using it, I'd have about ten of those dumb bottles sitting around 3/4ths full without accelerator. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

a7m2 posted:

This thread is great. You guys are great. Thanks!!
What do you guys do with the bases? Cut a slot in the bases or cut off the bar under the models' feet?

I cut the bar off except under the feet and cut holes in the base for those bars. If you plan to decorate the bases you can leave the bar intact.

Strobe posted:

Accelerator is basically mandatory if you don't want to get a new bottle of glue every three months, though. At the rate I end up using it, I'd have about ten of those dumb bottles sitting around 3/4ths full without accelerator. :v:

I do buy a new bottle very three months or so. It's a minimal cost in the grander scheme of this hobby.

• Locked thread