Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoB
May 1, 2009

timp posted:

Real talk though I don't know how many NPCs saying poo poo like "I don't think you realize what an amazing job you've done here tonight" I can stand. We get it Griff, you're proud of your fam. I love them too, but cut it out with the excessive in-game back pats!

I know we just met like an hour ago but Im going to go ahead and assume you can fight this magic bear monster and Ill just like, hang out here I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I just want Griffin to parade a bunch of one off NPCs into Ned’s shop and let Clint go hog wild improvising weird poo poo he sells.

Like the squad is trying to find a battle plan for a weird monster and keep getting interrupted by Ned having to sell A Mop, but Haunted to a resident.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Democratic Pirate posted:

I just want Griffin to parade a bunch of one off NPCs into Ned’s shop and let Clint go hog wild improvising weird poo poo he sells.

Like the squad is trying to find a battle plan for a weird monster and keep getting interrupted by Ned having to sell A Mop, but Haunted to a resident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_pJ_F3MjOE

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
On this weeks TAZ Amnesty, worlds collide as real boy Justin McElroy shows up in game looking for a haunted doll.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Not Operator posted:

On this weeks TAZ Amnesty, worlds collide as real boy Justin McElroy shows up in game looking for a haunted doll.

Ends up buying Uncle Oni out of a pile in the back, and we come full circle.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Official TAZ timeline:

Dust (monsters are real) > Amnesty (monsters enter hiding) > Balance (Joaquin becomes the world's first superhero with his magical powers) > Commitment (an organization is founded to stop future threats like the hunger)

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Raserys posted:

Official TAZ timeline:

Dust (monsters are real) > Amnesty (monsters enter hiding) > Balance (Joaquin becomes the world's first superhero with his magical powers) > Commitment (an organization is founded to stop future threats like the hunger)

I know you're joking but also TAZ Knights world was visited in stolen century.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Not Operator posted:

And destroyed, right?

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Tears In A Vial posted:

And destroyed, right?

When the hunger was destroyed, everything it consumed went back to where it was supposed to be.

I think?

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Judge Schnoopy posted:

When the hunger was destroyed, everything it consumed went back to where it was supposed to be.

I think?

Oh really? Man I definitely was not paying attention towards the end. My bad.

I remember at the time it got destroyed Travis was saying it could have just been an alt world extreeeeeeemely similar to Taz Knights.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Tears In A Vial posted:

And destroyed, right?

Everyone there had been killed by some sort of terrible plague. Only those who transferred their souls into artificial bodies survived. (Travis made it clear that this was a vision of things that may be, only.) They found a crystal with hundreds of souls in it and had to decide whether to destroy it before the Hunger could get to it.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Not Operator posted:

I'm only counting the real world plane

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just finished the 1st episode of Amnesty's mini arc. Aside from the previously mentioned "you succeeded but you succeeded so hard it screwed things up because my narrative demands it" I enjoyed the three different little stories. Good enough start, and the rabbit's name is so annoying it rolls right back around to being great. Full name, each time, and even Griffin has to say it.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Just got an email from Maxfun saying that bonus content is now up

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Shinjobi posted:

Just finished the 1st episode of Amnesty's mini arc. Aside from the previously mentioned "you succeeded but you succeeded so hard it screwed things up because my narrative demands it" I enjoyed the three different little stories. Good enough start, and the rabbit's name is so annoying it rolls right back around to being great. Full name, each time, and even Griffin has to say it.

I am pro Dr. Harris Bonkers and look forward to the episode where he's possessed by an evil spirit and the group has to finangle a way to exorcise it without hurting the bunny.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Pastrymancy posted:

Just got an email from Maxfun saying that bonus content is now up

Based on the description, the MBMBaM episode seems to be a collection of bits that didn't make it into other episodes?

Trends like these bonus features Rileigh

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

lmao at the Adventure Zone Elementary theme song. this is already the best arc

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Maybe if I hear "Doctor Harris Bonkers" repeated a few more dozen times it will get funny. Sure

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

misadventurous posted:

Maybe if I hear "Doctor Harris Bonkers" repeated a few more dozen times it will get funny. Sure

doctor harris bonkers PHD! he worked hard for his doctorate.

repeat ad infinitum

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Tears In A Vial posted:

repeat ad infinitum

same except this thread complaining about the rabbit

It isn't a great joke, but it's such a small one, and does not deserve anywhere near the amount of attention some of you guys heap on it

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Its a rake gag. It'll continue to be dumb until the twentieth time Travis says it, then it'll be the funniest thing.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I will say that even though the name is dumb, and I don’t love Aubrey as a character, that the general gag of a wizard and their familiar being a stage magician and her rabbit has legs, so hopefully he’ll do something with it

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Look I think Travis nailed that kind of Buffy-style forced quirkiness, it's just that I hate that. I really do want to see good jokes come out of Aubrey and her silly magician's rabbit, though. She's a fun idea, and so is most of Amnesty

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Shinjobi posted:

This is how I felt about regarding Amnesty for the most part, though by the end of it I started getting pretty aggravated about how long it took for them to get together.

Now that they're finally together, maybe Griffin will release his deathgrip on the narrative a smidge and allow for some more goofing.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Tears In A Vial posted:

Based on the description, the MBMBaM episode seems to be a collection of bits that didn't make it into other episodes?

Oh no, that's not what it is at all...

edit: oh no, ohhh nooooooo

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

JT Jag posted:

This is how I felt about regarding Amnesty for the most part, though by the end of it I started getting pretty aggravated about how long it took for them to get together.

Now that they're finally together, maybe Griffin will release his deathgrip on the narrative a smidge and allow for some more goofing.

Maybe Griffin will throw us for a loop and allow the group to actually fail a mission. Like, let a monster get away and gently caress up the town before escaping. And then the monster haunts them at inopportune times as an honest to God consequence for once.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The "you succeeded so hard that you made things worse" thing really bugged me, because that's what happens when you roll a natural 1, not a natural 20.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

TAZ: Elementary is so good

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

TAZ: Elementary is so good
Listening to it on a flight was a mistake, I've been trying so hard not to laugh out loud for the whole episode

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

Ugh fine Jesse Thorn I'll throw $5/mo at your podcast empire if it means getting to hear Justin McElroy's Four Sherlocks and a Vampire

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Stroop There It Is posted:

Listening to it on a flight was a mistake, I've been trying so hard not to laugh out loud for the whole episode

I was listening to it in the car which was an even bigger mistake, did you know it's hard to drive when you're laughing to hard to breathe?

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Any complaints about Dust and Amnesty are completely undone by Elementary.

Justin is the best.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

misadventurous posted:

Ugh fine Jesse Thorn I'll throw $5/mo at your podcast empire if it means getting to hear Justin McElroy's Four Sherlocks and a Vampire

It's worth it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

SoupyTwist posted:

Any complaints about Dust and Amnesty are completely undone by Elementary.

Justin is the best.

Was this ever in doubt? I feel bad for his brothers, no matter how hard they try he comes through and effortlessly blows them out of the water.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Is there any sort of RSS for the donation shows so I can get them in my podcast play them?

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Think its emailed out to you when you give them :5bux: at least

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Yeah it's in your email. Check your spam or promotions folder. The RSS includes all the previous years, plus the current years, and occasionally it gets updated with treats. The GreatestGen added a bonus episode to the 2017 feed just a couple months ago.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Alright I think this is convinced me to toss some $$$, you’re hyping it up too much.

Do I get to listen to the other TAZ bonus content from back in the day too? And can I just sub for a month and quit or are they gonna try and rope me into a commitment

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

Alright I think this is convinced me to toss some $$$, you’re hyping it up too much.

Do I get to listen to the other TAZ bonus content from back in the day too? And can I just sub for a month and quit or are they gonna try and rope me into a commitment

it looks like you have to email them to cancel, which is annoying, but they have the past years up on the feed so there's that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yes, yes, and yes but who cares.

Listen to all the special MBMBaM's too, they're pretty choice. Especially the one with Clint.