Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Once egg hunting loses its magic the whole thing is pretty lackluster. It's so bad in fact that we eat ham for dinner instead of wasting on of the good meats on this horrible holiday. In America we don't even get a day off. What's the point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Well *I* only read the New Yorker and eat Fancy Feast.
I disagree. Easter has some benefits like candy, or you know, the religious significance. Valentines and St. Patty’s are the worst because they are only a thing in the US because of the garbage people perpetuating them.

ContraBoss fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 31, 2018

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
you could always just ignore it entirely, especially since it isnt a work holiday

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
Man I love Easter. We get to dress up like scary monsters and go door-to-door and say TRICK OR TREAT and people give you candy.

No, that's not Easter. That's Halloween. On Easter you cook a big turkey dinner and your family comes and you are thankful for all the good things in your life.

You're both wrong. Easter is a celebration of the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The romans crucified him and he was put in the tomb and three days later he rolled back the big rock in front and if he sees his shadow, we get 6 more weeks of Lent.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I just learned Easter is this Sunday. A perk of atheism.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Once egg hunting loses its magic the whole thing is pretty lackluster. It's so bad in fact that we eat ham for dinner instead of wasting on of the good meats on this horrible holiday. In America we don't even get a day off. What's the point?

teachers get 3 or 5 days off.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

worshipping ostara tomorrow

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

dee eight posted:

Man I love Easter. We get to dress up like scary monsters and go door-to-door and say TRICK OR TREAT and people give you candy.

No, that's not Easter. That's Halloween. On Easter you cook a big turkey dinner and your family comes and you are thankful for all the good things in your life.

You're both wrong. Easter is a celebration of the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The romans crucified him and he was put in the tomb and three days later he rolled back the big rock in front and if he sees his shadow, we get 6 more weeks of Lent.

It means I am going to eat the hell out of some deviled eggs

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I like how Easter is on a different Sunday every year based on moon phases because no one can actually remember when the most important event in Christianity actually happened even though Jesus took off into space like an Atlas rocket after rising from the dead

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I got a free painted hardboiled egg at the store today. No other holiday has ever given me free stuff. I got this egg for easter so easter is the most profitable.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Spinster posted:

First time i ever met a born atheist

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Easer sucked growing up cause my mom was a hardline catholic so lots of church and gross food but my kids loving love it cause some creepy rabbit brings chocolate

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

It means I am going to eat the hell out of some deviled eggs

For serious, I just made a big batch of purple pickled eggs last night. But I can't eat many because my arteries are all hosed up and lovely :(

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

My ***** have you tried Passover?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Do it ironically posted:

Easer sucked growing up cause my mom was a hardline catholic so lots of church and gross food but my kids loving love it cause some creepy rabbit brings chocolate

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

Spinster posted:

drat u must feel euphoric

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I'll be lighting a bonfire then dancing naked around it/loving and probably drinking with the rest of the coven.

I'm prancing them by spiking the wine with holy water tee hee

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Ever hear of a little-known historical character called Jesus OP?

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

We're getting together with friends for dinner tomorrow. Not for Easter, but because ham was on sale and I love me some ham. Gonna slow cook it with a brown sugar glaze.

Our realtor also sent us a goodie bag of Easter treats, so I've been munching on a crispy rice chocolate rabbit. I gave the other goodies to a friend's 4 year old.

I'm no longer religious and don't care much for Easter, but I'm always up for chocolate and cheap ham.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Worst part is finding lamb's blood to paint on the door. It's not easy to come by and it's not cheap.

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

gently caress ham. I'm having steak.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Yeah but this year Easter coincides with the best holiday, APRIL FOOLS DAY!

So what kind of egg related pranks do you have planned?

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ContraBoss posted:

I disagree. Easter has some benefits like candy, or you know, the religious significance. Valentines and St. Patty’s are the worst because they are only a thing in the US because of the garbage people perpetuating them.

yeah hunting eggs on zombie messiah day is way better than get laid and get smashed days

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this dweeb is going to talk poo poo about steak and blowjob day next

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Easter? More like LEASTer amirite

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
Easter is the best candy holiday bc there's gonna be a ton of it leftover at work on Monday unlike Halloween and Christmas where the discounted candy gets bought up quickly

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Big Beef City posted:

I like how Easter is on a different Sunday every year based on moon phases because no one can actually remember when the most important event in Christianity actually happened even though Jesus took off into space like an Atlas rocket after rising from the dead

it's almost like it's a repurposed pagan holiday or something !!!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the only thing that really worried me was the easter. there is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an easter binge and i knew wed get into that rotten stuff pretty soon

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I wonder if there are factories producing the big solid chocolate rabbits all year or if they just fire them up in early March.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Arrhythmia posted:

it's almost like it's a repurposed pagan holiday or something !!!

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

Vakal posted:

I wonder if there are factories producing the big solid chocolate rabbits all year or if they just fire them up in early March.

idk we started receiving Easter candy in January so they're probably already making Halloween candy

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Vakal posted:

thats a good question. Does chocolate have the printing press?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Easter, like Christmas, means pickled herring for us Swedes.

I had some pickled in crayfish+crayfishy sauce and it was delicious. I don't even like fish and it was good on toast.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Vakal posted:

I'm imagining this huge industrial factory straight from like 1910 with big billowing smoke stacks and the sound of deep, heavy rhythmic metal clangs booming from the interior and an open shipping door from which a single conveyor belt comes and a line of small chocolate rabbits.
Next to it is an identical factory. Its conveyor belt has butter lambs.

e: we do pickled herring here in Wisconsin too, but that's usually more of a Christmas thing....though it's around all year.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
It's a good thing they only make chocolate rabbits once a year because I'd definitely eat more chocolate if it came shaped like bunnies and chicks with eggshell hats.

But gently caress the Peeps company for only giving us two or three months of sugared marshmallows because I love that poo poo and want it all the time.

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Big Beef City posted:

Pagan ritual. You know how they stay obsessed with the moon. Easter isn't in the bible. If Jesus didn't tell you to do it, don't!!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

i like that posted:

Pagan ritual. You know how they stay obsessed with the moon. Easter isn't in the bible. If Jesus didn't tell you to do it, don't!!

MOON GOD??

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

i like that posted:

but easter is in the bible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
its pretty much the entire point

• Locked thread