Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

ROFLburger posted:

3 arty per team on Malinovka is a recipe for a real fuckin bad time

3 arty per team on any map...
Especially when your three are friendly fire champions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

SocketWrench posted:

Especially when your three are friendly fire champions

playing your spg correctly means trying to piss off as many players as possible as much as possible

splashing teammates is very helpful for this. if it's bad, why would they call friendly fire??

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

ROFLburger posted:

3 arty per team on Malinovka is a recipe for a real fuckin bad time

Well, that depends if you are playing arty or not. See my Obj212 game a couple of pages ago.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

here's the stamps leaderboards https://wotonereward.eu/en/

#1 has 4620 and seems to only be playing the Pz Ic, Churchill III and M2 light

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
do the stamps do anything other than give you that light tank when you hit 100

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

do the stamps do anything other than give you that light tank when you hit 100

we all get some free camo now that 37 million have been collected

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

ROFLburger posted:

3 arty per team on Malinovka is a recipe for a real fuckin bad time sucks

FTFY

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

A Handed Missus posted:

here's the stamps leaderboards https://wotonereward.eu/en/

#1 has 4620 and seems to only be playing the Pz Ic, Churchill III and M2 light

That's at least 400 games a day right?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

serious gaylord posted:

That's at least 400 games a day right?

5000 games in the last week or so apparently. Get through 20-30 an hour, 24 hours a day working in shifts? Sounds about right. Imagine how many credits you could make playing that many games...

I'm really struggling to boot up World of Tanks just to get that free tank.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004
Welp, started up this game a couple of days. Into full rage now. Seeing half your team continually do little to no damage is loving infuriating. I'm pretty sure training dummies would be worth more than the average teammate. I am also of the opinion that unless you are above 50% win rate, you should not be allowed to play light or medium tanks.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Hellsau posted:

5000 games in the last week or so apparently. Get through 20-30 an hour, 24 hours a day working in shifts? Sounds about right. Imagine how many credits you could make playing that many games...

YOu can have my one its dogshit.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

HFX posted:

Welp, started up this game a couple of days. Into full rage now. Seeing half your team continually do little to no damage is loving infuriating. I'm pretty sure training dummies would be worth more than the average teammate. I am also of the opinion that unless you are above 50% win rate, you should not be allowed to play light or medium tanks.

Being top of your team on damage in a tier 7 light tank in a tier 9 game is my fav thing in the world.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

Being top of your team on damage in a tier 7 light tank in a tier 9 game is my fav thing in the world.

Well I also want to thank each and every moron who thought making arty do less damage, but splash bigger and stun as a good idea. And by thank, I mean they should be banned from ever commenting on game design.. or well anything again.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

HFX posted:

Well I also want to thank each and every moron who thought making arty do less damage, but splash bigger and stun as a good idea. And by thank, I mean they should be banned from ever commenting on game design.. or well anything again.

If it did less damage than it does on a splash, or didn't stun you for 14 seconds while dealing zero damage because it splashed 5 tank lengths away from you, that'd be cool. As it stands arti does more damage splashing tanks than with direct hits which is real dumb.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

they're selling the clown shoe and the KV-220-2 on the Asia server :argh:

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Hellsau posted:

If it did less damage than it does on a splash, or didn't stun you for 14 seconds while dealing zero damage because it splashed 5 tank lengths away from you, that'd be cool. As it stands arti does more damage splashing tanks than with direct hits which is real dumb.

By stun do you mean track, or did they find a way to make arty worse somehow?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Ensign Expendable posted:

By stun do you mean track, or did they find a way to make arty worse somehow?

arty hits come with a crew skill debuff now instead of high direct hit damage

arty haters quickly noticed that this meant that they get hit more by arty, not less

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

2Jets posted:

I have 58 stamps. I haven't played much since 1.0 dropped. I already have the free locust from the wot academy videos so I'm all set for tier 3 tanks. If you guys on NA don't know you can get a locust American light tank by letting some videos play in the background.

hmm i dont think i have that yet

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

serious gaylord posted:

I think my fav was being the last guy on the list in my SU-14-2 and outdid everyone on the team by some 1k damage. Not like it was easy either, I had to move with the team since they lemming trained through the city on Live Oaks. We lost to capping, but Jesus, even the T 10 players were loving mouth breathers

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
i like the saying about this graphics update of "wargaming put lipstick on a pig"

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

last week I quit cause 2 shots went through a skorp g from less than 100m and hit the rocks behind it and now with the patch I tried again and was playing just dandy till I got ensk and my fps dropped from 60 to 10 so lol gently caress this, might wait a week or 3 til WG unfucks their game a little

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Turmoilx posted:

hmm i dont think i have that yet
Get it. Locust is great fun. It's only demerit is low ammo capacity.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

RanKizama posted:

Get it. Locust is great fun. It's only demerit is low ammo capacity.

it shows the playlist but like 20 videos on private i dont think its free anymore :confused:

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

Turmoilx posted:

it shows the playlist but like 20 videos on private i dont think its free anymore :confused:

go here http://wotacademy.com/#/home You have to let the videos play all the way through. Once you "watch" all the Boot Camp videos you'll get your M22 on Friday.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

serious gaylord posted:

Finishing top for experience as poo poo-tier in any vehicle is always something to treasure. I mean if you weren't there, then the idiots on your "team" would probably have lost it.

Look at that. Two randoms in poo poo-tier mediums (admittedly the 85M is retard-friendly & overbuffed) did more to carry this than anyone in top or even mid-tier. This EU playerbase is special for all the reasons I hate.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Finishing top for experience as poo poo-tier in any vehicle is always something to treasure. I mean if you weren't there, then the idiots on your "team" would probably have lost it.

Look at that. Two randoms in poo poo-tier mediums (admittedly the 85M is retard-friendly & overbuffed) did more to carry this than anyone in top or even mid-tier. This EU playerbase is special for all the reasons I hate.
T-29 drivers who do zero damage should get a permanent instaban.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

this is the leFH game that I had to hard carry the day I came back:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4268458#teams

I like how I was even called out at the start of the game by T67 platoon that I'd need to hard carry, and if it wasn't for their efforts specifically I would never have even been alive to do so.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

2Jets posted:

go here http://wotacademy.com/#/home You have to let the videos play all the way through. Once you "watch" all the Boot Camp videos you'll get your M22 on Friday.

I love how the only info they think you need to have before you play your first battle is the location of the Battle button.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

i think you guys are april fooling me but ill give it a third try, if it is a joke its a drat good one

oh i see, thanks for link i was watching some bs on youtube, hot grill..oh lord this looks like a long wait for a tier 3..but ill do anything for more tanks

im about to free myself from topped out 115 tank garage with 3 free garage spaces from this :toot: freedom here i come ..oh wait i think that might be a reward that doesnt exist yet but it tells you it does :/

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Apr 1, 2018

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Oh my god, 13 videos in: "And don't forget the location of that big red Battle button."

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

SocketWrench posted:

I think my fav was being the last guy on the list in my SU-14-2 and outdid everyone on the team by some 1k damage. Not like it was easy either, I had to move with the team since they lemming trained through the city on Live Oaks. We lost to capping, but Jesus, even the T 10 players were loving mouth breathers

Well, the SU14-2 is basically the same tank as the tier 9, so doing well at higher tiers with that one is not that surprising.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Wow I'm sure glad Wargaming is tackling the whole botting issue!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Am I drunk, or are they selling the 13 57 on EU?

/edit:
Nope, no typo

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wot/filter/?wot_client_param=external&cd=63809

Someone confirm if that's the actually-hilarious rapid-dump-clip AMX from 3 years ago, or if there's a difference to the AMX 13 57 GF, because I've wanted that tank for a bit

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Apr 1, 2018

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

Wow I'm sure glad Wargaming is tackling the whole botting issue!

I dunno if it's a bot, seems more likely to be a team effort to win the computer. They are still semi-reliably getting top 10.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Well, I certainly got my AMX 13 57 question answered by a loving platoon of them. Holy lol

what's the intra-clip reload on those fuckers? Less than a second?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Well, I certainly got my AMX 13 57 question answered by a loving platoon of them. Holy lol

what's the intra-clip reload on those fuckers? Less than a second?

just one second, the tank is absurd

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

never mind the obj 430u, gently caress that thing, forgot about it. and for the na server we get TOG 2s for sale how fitting! :sad:

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Apr 1, 2018

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

First game:

gently caress me, this thing is stupid amounts of fun.

And with a FIFTEEN SECOND reload, what the hell?

And I thought it was tier 8 when I bought it.

It's not. :stare:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Am I drunk, or are they selling the 13 57 on EU?

/edit:
Nope, no typo

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wot/filter/?wot_client_param=external&cd=63809

Someone confirm if that's the actually-hilarious rapid-dump-clip AMX from 3 years ago, or if there's a difference to the AMX 13 57 GF, because I've wanted that tank for a bit

Add that to the 'we'll never sell that again' tanks I now own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Cartoon posted:

T-29 drivers who do zero damage should get a permanent instaban.

If he's playing with an upgraded one sure. If he's playing stock, i can't much fault him. Stock is loving laughable and a good loving from WG

Cardiac posted:

Well, the SU14-2 is basically the same tank as the tier 9, so doing well at higher tiers with that one is not that surprising.

Being top of the team in an arty that takes 40 some seconds to reload while rolling around the map to avoid getting rear end raped from behind, yeah, your team has to be a magical bunch of doorknob polishers to do that

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Apr 1, 2018