Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
this is not a joke or an exaggeration, i would happily listen to 69 episodes of elementary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Rodyle posted:

it looks like you have to email them to cancel, which is annoying, but they have the past years up on the feed so there's that

That’s diabolical, they know no McElroy listener is going to be able to do that

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
you don't have to email to cancel, there's an option in your billing information

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Listening to TAZ Elementary now, can I just say my favourite thing about Justin McElroy is that his smiling is audible in his voice.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
By the way, I've heard Americans poo poo on it before, but Robert Downey Jr's English accent is actually good.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Crap. Hearing all this stuff about Elementary.. I still haven't listened to TAZ Nights.

I'll throw them money to hear it.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
https://twitter.com/yesmaaike/status/979976390551326720?s=19

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

PicklePants posted:

Crap. Hearing all this stuff about Elementary.. I still haven't listened to TAZ Nights.

I'll throw them money to hear it.

I listened to it, and it's easily worth $5. Now I have TAZ knights to work through, and I forgot that dead pilots' society was a thing so I have that to look forward to too.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
paging boyland

https://twitter.com/flophousecat/status/979803675492274176?s=19

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeesh

Didn't put the a material behind the paywall did they.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

sweet

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I'm just going to throw out a thanks to whoever recommended "Not Another D&D Podcast" because I am loving this.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Nuebot posted:

I'm just going to throw out a thanks to whoever recommended "Not Another D&D Podcast" because I am loving this.

happy to help. glad you're enjoying it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Well Elementary was pretty bad, but going into the backlog both the origin story and the beach adventure were some proper Tres Horny Boys business.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nuebot posted:

Same, holy poo poo this is good poo poo. Also their Q&A episode was adorable.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Rodyle posted:

Well Elementary was pretty bad,

no way dude

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Rodyle posted:

Well Elementary was pretty bad, but going into the backlog both the origin story and the beach adventure were some proper Tres Horny Boys business.

Counterpoint: the increasingly important clues made me laugh so hard I choked

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

Same, holy poo poo this is good poo poo. Also their Q&A episode was adorable.

I think Paw-Paw is my favorite character, but the others are all very good as well.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

The ruleset for Elementary is here if anyone wants it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheAdventureZone/comments/63fwd9/i_made_justins_sherlock_holmesvampire_game/?st=JFG7Q22F&sh=6c851fd0

Edit: Man, I can't believe it was a year ago already that Justin pitched that idea.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nuebot posted:

I think Paw-Paw is my favorite character, but the others are all very good as well.

Moonshine is my favorite just because I love mushrooms, druids, and elves that aren't Lord of the Rings style perfect demigods in the beautiful forest.

Paw-Paw is also a strong factor in that tho.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Mae posted:

Counterpoint: the increasingly important clues made me laugh so hard I choked

I loving lost it at "uh, another perfectly ripe banana"

Nuebot posted:

What's the elevator pitch for this one? I'm nearing the end of Dragon Friends and wouldn't mind another D&D podcast to fill the void, but on a scale of Dragon Friends (funny, stupid) to Critical Role (smart storytelling, but not trying to be funny) where does it sit?

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 1, 2018

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

I loving lost it at "uh, another perfectly ripe banana"

What's the elevator pitch for this one? I'm nearing the end of Dragon Friends and wouldn't mind another D&D podcast to fill the void, but on a scale of Dragon Friends (funny, stupid) to Critical Role (smart storytelling, but not trying to be funny) where does it sit?

It's early taz. D&D and dick jokes. Good production quality. A couple of experienced players and a novice. Jokes and story are equally important. The hosts all have other projects that you might have heard of. Jake is from Jake and Amir, Caldwell is from Drawfee, Emily Axford is from Adam Ruins Everything.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Elementary was worth every penny.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
elementary had me in tears

the mind palace conclusion alone would be enough to land it in top 5 mcelroy episodes easily, the rest of the episode pushes it to borth sampson levels and beyond

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The only way you could possibly think Elementary was bad is if you're the kind of McElroy fan that only loves TAZ and hates MBMBAM.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

It's kind of like a blend of Dragon Friends and early TAZ, really. It's very funny but not the same kind of aggressively funny Dragon Friends can be? So far no one's antagonized the DM. Everyone's just laughing at the dumb things they wind up talking about or their goofy joke ideas like trying to draw out a monster by imitating its mating call.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Raserys posted:

elementary had me in tears

the mind palace conclusion alone would be enough to land it in top 5 mcelroy episodes easily, the rest of the episode pushes it to borth sampson levels and beyond

can you imagine if the Frasier stuff had been rolled, I think I might have died.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I was hoping they'd do TAZ KNights for the 2nd season. I always felt like that had a lot of mileage but they ended up doing it like twice a year max and then dropped it entirely.

Out of the mini-arcs though, I did feel Amnesty had way more potential for a fleshed out universe, with the whole world beyond the portals that they barely dipped a toe into. Also that Griffin is the best suited for a GM so he makes more sense for a long-term project. I don't mind Travis's character for the most part, but I swear if this means 2 years of Travis vehemently insisting everyone call his rabbit by his full name boy howdy am I gonna complain on the internet.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I still haven't gotten the password for the bonus stuff. OTL

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

mikeycp posted:

I still haven't gotten the password for the bonus stuff. OTL

Email max fun

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

important new Justin video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pnm7JEV3Ag

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Yaaay, Harvester is my favorite FMV thing! :neckbeard:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
they didn't really encounter any of the really nutty things in Harvester and don't appear to be continuing with the game, though :(

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I didn't get an email but are the bonus episodes not showing up in the RSS feed anymore?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

From what I've gathered, there's a new feed for every year.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

I didn't get an email but are the bonus episodes not showing up in the RSS feed anymore?

every year they send out a new RSS link, if you haven't got the new one you'll need to get the link from MaxFun.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tears In A Vial posted:

every year they send out a new RSS link, if you haven't got the new one you'll need to get the link from MaxFun.

Oh! So they do. Thanks!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Travis is an agent of absolute chaos, I swear to god.

"What do you think you would do if" is like a secret incantation summoning darkness across the land.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Since I know SPY gets the occasional good word in this thread, I found their donor bonus this year started a little rocky, but in the second half when they appraised callers’ trading cards it was solid gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Lol the adventure zone pin this year is that loving rabbit