Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Elephant Parade posted:

What the hell. I was absolutely sure that Alison destroying the wall would gently caress up Patrick, leading to an arc where she realizes that using force to make people do things is wrong (hello, spoiled rich kid's wealthy, well-connected, and likely vengeful family!), but apparently not. I loved the bulk of this comic up until now, but I'm probably going to drop it if things don't improve.

Source your quotes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Elephant Parade posted:

What the hell. I was absolutely sure that Alison destroying the wall would gently caress up Patrick, leading to an arc where she realizes that using force to make people do things is wrong (hello, spoiled rich kid's wealthy, well-connected, and likely vengeful family!), but apparently not. I loved the bulk of this comic up until now, but I'm probably going to drop it if things don't improve.

We have had multiple instances in this story where Allison gets away Scott-free with excessive use of force. Used to be she was self aware of it as privilege and it led to some of her better character moments like her talk with cleaver.

But it's been three arcs now where she does the wrong thing and no consequence occurs even though logically it should. If you didn't figure out from her living room rondevous with that rich kid, there are no people who can stop her or prove her wrong.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I've seen it said in various different flavors, but the main character of a comic about how you can't solve everything with brute force solves everything with brute force. The comic defies its own premise to an absurd degree.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Not being able to solve everything with brute force is a problem that got solved by more brute force.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
I propose that if Allison would actually flip off the world and do as she pleases, she'd be a more interesting and a more honest character.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Ok, something positive: This page flows really well, and makes excellent use of a color change in the background to set the mood.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Get ready :ese:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Wait, if this happened, then he had to have already dealt with his trauma. Enough to remember to go back and stab his mother.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Axe-man posted:

Wait, if this happened, then he had to have already dealt with his trauma. Enough to remember to go back and stab his mother.

Calling it now, all his childish memories are false and overly influenced by his ability to read minds to the point where he fabricated the entire ordeal. In reality his family was just a simple middle class with a stressed out mom and a complacent father. Skipper didn't die because his neck got snapped, Patrick's mom was just mad one night and was thinking about doing it. Also she never intended to kill Patrick, again it was all in his head.

He'll realize this when he goes to confront them and sees what really was happening now that he's gotten a better control of his power and also realize his entire reason for becoming a mass murderer was based on nothing but childhood fear and perceived trauma. Which Allison will help him cope with in less than 2 pages.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

My guess is that his mom had something to do with the conspiracy, given that his early development of powers gave her early warning that things were potentially going to pop off with an entire generation of kids.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

Calling it now, all his childish memories are false and overly influenced by his ability to read minds to the point where he fabricated the entire ordeal. In reality his family was just a simple middle class with a stressed out mom and a complacent father. Skipper didn't die because his neck got snapped, Patrick's mom was just mad one night and was thinking about doing it. Also she never intended to kill Patrick, again it was all in his head.

He'll realize this when he goes to confront them and sees what really was happening now that he's gotten a better control of his power and also realize his entire reason for becoming a mass murderer was based on nothing but childhood fear and perceived trauma. Which Allison will help him cope with in less than 2 pages.

This would be a decent outcome all things considered.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Look at that optimism :allears:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
In the distance there is a whisper: pastaaaaa pastaaaaaaaaaqqq

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Flesh Forge posted:

I remember that spark. That hope.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Imagine the most boring possible turn the story will take: That will happen.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

Patrick's memory has confronting his mother. Mind-patrick is still terrified of her. Alison punches her in the jaw and tells Patrick he doesn't have to be afraid anymore. She's there for him. Patrick is healed.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

SlothfulCobra posted:

Imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff. Someone carefully retrieves them and donates them to a poor, gender-fluid child.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

I will never not hope for the best every time we have the setup for a decent twist. I however, also think that Mulligan is going to try and "redeem" Patrick by having Allison absolve him of Lord boy.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

sweeperbravo posted:

Imagine four bowls of pasta on the edge of a cliff. Someone carefully retrieves them and donates them to a poor, gender-fluid child.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Hell I'll take it, I got more balls than I know what to do with as-is.

Also the fact that Patrick has repressed memories is the payoff for that weird "you can't read your own mind" thing, huh?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
The writers watched BBC SHERLOCK and will have the dog actually be his old boyfriend who he remembers as a dog

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

The writers watched BBC SHERLOCK and will have the dog actually be his old boyfriend who he remembers as a dog

That would make things several orders of magnitude worse, considering we just saw the dog's grave outside Patrick's house.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Patrick is implied straight cause the author is too clevin to have anything even vaguely interesting

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

That would be kind of interesting though so no. That won't happen.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

You have to see her as she was. You have to unerase her. And then stab her. A lot.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
She turns from black to... clevin. "Finally, you see me for who I really am. Pasta?" He takes a plate from behind his pillow.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Look at Alison, the loving expert in mental health now that she's loving punched his problems away.

gently caress this garbage comic, I hope the writer loving dies.

Serene Dragon fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Mar 30, 2018

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Now I'm imagining him with the voice of Kylo Ren. It's even funnier now.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

"You're that man from the TV!" The lines a writer dreams of writing.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

OMG

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013

Let the pasta die

light for the lost
Apr 1, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
absolute 100% lamentable garbage and trash

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Tyrone Biggums posted:

Let the pasta die

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
That Man From The TV is a more interesting superhero identity concept than anything in the last two years of this trash

everyone sees him as a different nondescript weatherman or whatever

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Let us hope that Mary never gets her hands on Clevin and his pasta, I now understand the true potential of noodles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeNR0guNn70

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

mom erasure is a real problem

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
The mom in family units just doesn't exist. Many people blame white people culture, but it is pure biotruths that women just have to move on after having 2 or 3 kids and start a new family.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

That Man From The TV is a more interesting superhero identity concept than anything in the last two years of this trash

everyone sees him as a different nondescript weatherman or whatever

I sell the things you need to be. I'm the smiling face on the old TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

light for the lost
Apr 1, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
i wish they'd walked in on the parents having sex, just like whipping each other, screaming, cursing, both dressed like easter bunnies, and then allison is so hot and bothered she jumps on patrick and they fall down the stairs and he breaks his neck and dies instantly but she just keeps humping until the lower half of his body completely detaches and goose steps around the yard spraying blood everywhere and then the professor shows up and tells us it's all because of the uncertainty principle. meanwhile clevin has burnt the house down and they're all dead. the comic is over, it's over, we're free

• Locked thread