Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

"Yeah yeah, we got one of those. We call ours Metamorpho. Same poo poo, different universe."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sgt. Politeness posted:

^^^^^^I don't know, I don't think Cap would put up with Batman's bullshit.

Cap has dealt with Tony for how long? I think his tolerance for dealing with eccentric billionaires is pretty high.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Yeah but Tony's bullshit is pretty straightforward. olOnce he gets a look at how much of an insane paranoid lunatic Bruce can be, he'll punch him in the face. Then Batman will tell him about the time he got attacked by an evil cow that was in Superman's Neighbor's backyard.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

David D. Davidson posted:

Yeah but Tony's bullshit is pretty straightforward. olOnce he gets a look at how much of an insane paranoid lunatic Bruce can be, he'll punch him in the face. Then Batman will tell him about the time he got attacked by an evil cow that was in Superman's Neighbor's backyard.
That sounds like a job for Bat-Cow to me.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

David D. Davidson posted:

Cap would hate Bruce, but Cap and Batman would probably get along great.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Cap would hate Bruce, but Cap and Batman would probably get along great.

Cap got on okay with Howard Stark though.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

I started my rewatch of the MCU today, and man Iron Man still hits the spot nearly 10 years later. RDJ will always be the quintessential Tony Stark, so Iron Man will need to be someone else after Avengers 4

I like how right near the end Coulson says “this isn’t my first rodeo” when telling Tony what the PR plan is; obviously at the time the line was supposed to be a government guy saying some smooth composed thing, but now it can be retroactively seen as a reference to whatever goes down in Captain Marvel

See I disagree with this in a way. IM is a brilliant movie, and RDJ really carries it, but his character in the movies is nothing at all like what I got from the comics. If anything he's closer to Peter Parker with his wise-cracks. Note: I am not complaining or criticizing since if they had gone more like the books, the entire franchise might never have taken off.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Cap got on okay with Howard Stark though.

Only with the war happening.

I do wonder what MCU Cap would think about Batman going with the whole secret identity thing though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd think Cap and Superman would get along, with them both being the biggest boy scouts of their universes.

It's too bad that we'll probably never see another another crossover, until Disney just buys WB.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

kaesarsosei posted:

See I disagree with this in a way. IM is a brilliant movie, and RDJ really carries it, but his character in the movies is nothing at all like what I got from the comics. If anything he's closer to Peter Parker with his wise-cracks. Note: I am not complaining or criticizing since if they had gone more like the books, the entire franchise might never have taken off.

At the time IM came out, Stark had just come out of Civil War in the comics and was getting a lot of hate from readers, so they really got it right.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

What I meant to say was that RDJ took the character and made it his own, like I really can’t imagine anybody else being Tony Stark for the foreseeable future. I don’t think this whole thing blows up like it does without a charismatic lead

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Excuse me, Batman is always anticipating being punched in the face, he'd easily dodge.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I'd like to think Cap would inspire Batman to be better and then maybe Bruce wouldn't be so darn mean and alone. The Avengers are a lot more friendly in general than the Justice League.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Minus a Civil War here and there.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Matt Damon was offered (but turned down) a role as the main villain in Spider-Man Homecoming 2. No word on what character it was supposed to be.

http://collider.com/spider-man-homecoming-2-matt-damon-villain/#images

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

FlamingLiberal posted:

No word on what character it was supposed to be.

does spidey have any villains of asian descent

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

SonicRulez posted:

I'd like to think Cap would inspire Batman to be better and then maybe Bruce wouldn't be so darn mean and alone. The Avengers are a lot more friendly in general than the Justice League.

The Justice League always feel more like co-workers. Sure they meet up at the Watchtower when the world's in danger, but you wouldn't see them just hanging out. The Avengers are (usually) friends with each other; you could see them meeting up to play cards or table tennis or something.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

FlamingLiberal posted:

Matt Damon was offered (but turned down) a role as the main villain in Spider-Man Homecoming 2. No word on what character it was supposed to be.

i could see matt damon as curt connors or doc ock

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

FlamingLiberal posted:

A middle-aged Moon Knight who decides that he has to kill Spider-Man if there's even a 1% chance that he could destroy the world. Plus he has a nightmare about Spider-Man leading a symbiote invasion.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

does spidey have any villains of asian descent

No reason they can't cast an Asian actor? I mean, they did with Shocker. I wish we were past the point of Kingpin outrage (see all the people who lost their poo poo over Zendaya) but if the actor or actress is talented there's no reason to not cast them right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a not very funny joke about The Great Wall.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

It's a not very funny joke about The Great Wall.

Is this Newspaper Spider-man poo poo?

Edit: Oh the terrible movie. It's hard to tell when people type like they are 13.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 1, 2018

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

FlamingLiberal posted:

Does Spider-Man have any recurring villains from Asgard?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jamesman posted:

Does Spider-Man have any recurring villains from Asgard?

Uh, he's fought Loki several times actually. So he could easily be some guy named Low-Key.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

fractalairduct posted:

The Justice League always feel more like co-workers. Sure they meet up at the Watchtower when the world's in danger, but you wouldn't see them just hanging out. The Avengers are (usually) friends with each other; you could see them meeting up to play cards or table tennis or something.

This makes sense. I'm trying to think of stories where the League gets punchy with each other, but I can't think of any like Civil War. You have your fights with alternate universe versions and stuff like Blackest Night, but I can't think of The Flash just having it out with Aquaman. I guess it's because it wouldn't be as effective emotionally?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SonicRulez posted:

This makes sense. I'm trying to think of stories where the League gets punchy with each other, but I can't think of any like Civil War. You have your fights with alternate universe versions and stuff like Blackest Night, but I can't think of The Flash just having it out with Aquaman. I guess it's because it wouldn't be as effective emotionally?

They've fought the JSA several times. Is that close enough?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Justice League was DC’s heaviest hitters getting together to fight big threats, while the Avengers was a way to find something to do for B listers.

JL crew has their own 3 or 4 books to take care of, they don’t have time to live in a Justice Mansion and play cards.

Flashpoint was Wonder Woman fighting Aquaman but that was an alternate timeline. There’s Tower of Babel, which is Batman’s plan to take out everyone but not actually used by him in that story.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

The Justice League was DC’s heaviest hitters getting together to fight big threats, while the Avengers was a way to find something to do for B listers.

JL crew has their own 3 or 4 books to take care of, they don’t have time to live in a Justice Mansion and play cards.

Flashpoint was Wonder Woman fighting Aquaman but that was an alternate timeline. There’s Tower of Babel, which is Batman’s plan to take out everyone but not actually used by him in that story.

To be fair, the Justice League was full of B & C listers for decades.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

SonicRulez posted:

Plus all the times they are mind-controlled.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

To be fair, the Justice League was full of B & C listers for decades.

Yeah but that was after.

The rules were already drafted by Batman by then. No loitering, Watchtower is for official League meetings only.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Apr 1, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but that was after.

The rules were already drafted by Batman by then. No loitering, Watchtower is for official League meetings only.

Nah, they've had Thanksgiving dinner there.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Guy Gardner threw an awesome party in that Working Week book by Patton Oswalt.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Soul Glo posted:

i could see matt damon as curt connors or doc ock

I was thinking Chameleon, or maybe Smythe. They've never done him in the movies, right?

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

If we're talking comics, the Trinity hang out all the time and are close friends, as do Barry and Hal.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Chill Penguin posted:

I was thinking Chameleon, or maybe Smythe. They've never done him in the movies, right?

I'm hoping for Mysterio. Maybe Kraven. If they could get the loving Vulture to be that good a villain...

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I haven't Mysterio in a Spider-Man movie since the first Rami movie.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Matt Damon played Man-Wolf in Homecoming, he was just off-world the whole time so we didn't get to see him.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I thought Matt Damon was already Loki :confused:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Cythereal posted:

I'm hoping for Mysterio. Maybe Kraven. If they could get the loving Vulture to be that good a villain...

As much as I like Kraven, he's not great for his own movie. He'd be better as a backup villain in a Lizard story - There are rumors of some big crocodile creature running amok in NYC. Kraven is Steve Irwin on steroids and spidey has to save the lizard from this meathead idiot. I'm sure they've done it before, but it's a pretty good story.

If the movie universes were joined pre-Civil War, you could have had the Kraven's gimmick is that he hunts costumed vigilantes. Right now, I don't see a guy who hunts Spider-man getting public opinion on his side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

CzarChasm posted:

As much as I like Kraven, he's not great for his own movie. He'd be better as a backup villain in a Lizard story - There are rumors of some big crocodile creature running amok in NYC. Kraven is Steve Irwin on steroids and spidey has to save the lizard from this meathead idiot. I'm sure they've done it before, but it's a pretty good story.

If the movie universes were joined pre-Civil War, you could have had the Kraven's gimmick is that he hunts costumed vigilantes. Right now, I don't see a guy who hunts Spider-man getting public opinion on his side.

I think Kraven could be interesting if he shows up hunting what he's heard of Spider-Man, maybe to the point of dismissing Parker as a pretender when they first meet. I think there's an interesting story that could be told about Peter Parker dealing with the myth of Spider-Man versus the reality, particularly early in his career and doubly so with how reckless and prone to getting in over his head MCU Spidey is.

• Locked thread