Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Scratch all that, I read the FAQ and it's on the front page. :doh:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I wish they'd written that clarification into the new HH 1.0 rulebook. Eurgh.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I, too, wish that FW would just do things right the first time.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Not even the first time :cripes:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Your standards are too low, which explains the bacon butty love.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Heresy mans!
Playing a lot more with weathering on this army, the boxdread was the first yellow vehicle I've painted and the first time doing weathering on something that size. I feel like I've improved a bunch between it and the leviathan, but I've been looking at this for inspiration and still have a ways to go to get to it. Going to start on some tanks as soon as a few more paints show up.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
:siren:Escape from Dalton IV after-action report:siren:
Everyone except one person has completed the survey, so I'm calling it a wrap. Thanks to everyone who attended. Final score was 113 to 94 in favour of the loyalists. RIP warmaster Panascope, who is a confirmed looser.

Most people strongly disagreed with the most important thing:

However feedback on the event was overwhelmingly positive:

People really enjoyed the new format:

:siren:Where we're going from here::siren:
The PNW goons have been playtesting Tactical Strike+ for about two years now. After about 30 games, we feel really good about it. It has the potential to catch on in the community:

quote:

Even though this was only the second time I've hammed in a very long time, it was the most fun I've ever had doing so. Smaller-scaled skirmishes with hard caps on armor and points are extremely my poo poo, and remind me of when I played in 3rd and 4th edition and we didn't have to worry about Knights, Titans, and Baneblades flying out of peoples' asses. The Land Raider truly raided the land and we had to gather round the radio at night to hear the president's address.

We're polishing up the rulebook to make sure that it can stand on it's own. Once that's done we're going to release v2.04 to the public. We'll share it throughout the 30k community and hope people have fun playing it. Later this year we'll do a 3rd revision, which will include an official way to tie TS+ into regular games of 30k, 30k campaigns, and any balance issues we might get from the community along the way.

Meanwhile, we're going to do two things:
1) Host more events up here in the PNW with smaller sized games and more alcohol
2) Kickoff an invite-only 3 month long global campaign, so everyone here can play TS+. This will include a map of places you can play missions, some light fluff, and a place you can submit results that contribute to the total score

Goal will be to kick off the campaign towards the end of April and wrap it up at the end of July. After that we can do skullapalooza 2.0

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Hell yeah, hype to kill Space Awuuuuus for the Warmaster.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

BULBASAUR posted:

for about two years now. After about 30 games

This explains everything, You hardly play

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

2) Kickoff an invite-only 3 month long global campaign, so everyone here can play TS+. This will include a map of places you can play missions, some light fluff, and a place you can submit results that contribute to the total score

Goal will be to kick off the campaign towards the end of April and wrap it up at the end of July. After that we can do skullapalooza 2.0

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

113 TO 94 THANKS KEITH

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

panascope posted:

113 TO 94 THANKS KEITH
Sounds like you couldn't carry your team. A man can only drink so many Busch Lights.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I tagged buschbeer in my ig post, very sad they didn’t like & sub to my account

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
New rule for next campaign day:

Shotgun a beer, get a free command point for that turn

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

the warmaster fearlessly got too drunk to touch his own models and in a lapse of supervision shot his basilisk at 1 guardsmen

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Even being so drunk that I eventually went blind I still managed to not get tabled

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
After the warmaster's defeat, the traitors descended into bickering and infighting

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

After the warmaster's defeat, the traitors descended into continued bickering and infighting

Fixed

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

panascope posted:

Even being so drunk that I eventually went blind I still managed to not get tabled

did you though? what'd you have at the end of the last game?

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Hixson posted:

Alcohol poisoning.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

General Olloth posted:

BULBASAUR posted:

After the warmaster's Drunkmaster's defeat, the traitors descended into continued bickering and infighting

Fixed

Fixed'ed

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hixson posted:

incredibly nervous voice: sh-shut up

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Hixson posted:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
This sounds exciting and cool, and bulbasaur is a great dude

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Mostly finished up my fancyboi rogue trader to lead my auxilia. Gonna do some weathering, but I’m waiting for when my next batch of mans is ready so I can just do a bunch at once.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

JcDent posted:

bulbasaur is a great dude
Mods????????

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Mostly finished up my fancyboi rogue trader to lead my auxilia. Gonna do some weathering, but I’m waiting for when my next batch of mans is ready so I can just do a bunch at once.

Hell yeah, he's shaped up nicely. It's a great model and using him as a rogue trader is a good way to incorporate some poofy sleeves and eccentric, giant feathers into any army. Even if you didn't know what a flamberge was...

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Yo, this guy is straight gangsta

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Idly doodling lists in Quartermaster and this looks like it would be fun to play.

3k Sallies
Legiones Astartes

Praetor in Terminator armour: Dragonscale storm shield; Paragon blade; Mantle of the Elder Drake 180
4 Chosen Terminators: Terminator Standard Bearer (chainfist); 3 Chosen Terminators; 3 × Dragonscale storm shield; 2 × chainfist; thunder hammer; plasma blaster 225
Land Raider Phobos: hull-mounted twin-linked heavy flamer; armoured ceramite; pintle-mounted heavy flamer 255

10 Breacher Space Marines: Breacher Sergeant (artificer armour; combi-weapon; melta bombs; master-crafted weapon); 9 Breacher Space Marines; 2 × meltagun 260

20 Tactical Space Marines: Tactical Sergeant (artificer armour); 19 Tactical Space Marines 235

5 Firedrake Terminators: Firedrake Master (Dragonscale storm shield; master-crafted thunder hammer); 4 Firedrake Terminators; 4 × Dragonscale storm shield; 2 × chainfist; 2 × thunder hammer 350

Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod 115

10 Pyroclasts: Pyroclast Warden (power fist; master-crafted weapon); 9 Pyroclasts; melta bombs 330

Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought Talon
Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought: Leviathan siege drill; cyclonic melta lance 295
Dreadnought Drop Pod 100

Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought Talon
Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought: 2 × grav-flux bombard 310
Dreadnought Drop Pod 100

2,985 points

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

TTerrible posted:

Forge World are discontinuing their entire paint range. If you rely on any of it, stock up now.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Well, guess I'm ordering a shitload of brass etch.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Safety Factor posted:

Well, guess I'm ordering a shitload of brass etch.

Yup, same. Great to see FW moving away from the original ethos of complicated kits with scale model features like brass etch.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

I just got Angron Red and Calth Blue for my metallic BaC build. This is really garbage that they’re discontinuing it, I guess I’ll have to maybe try the Minitaire clears or play with the GW glazes like Guilliman Blue through the airbrush.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Don't react to this by buying more GW paints. Just ditch them.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Shadin posted:

I just got Angron Red and Calth Blue for my metallic BaC build. This is really garbage that they’re discontinuing it, I guess I’ll have to maybe try the Minitaire clears or play with the GW glazes like Guilliman Blue through the airbrush.

May I recommend the Tamiya clear range.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

ijyt posted:

May I recommend the Tamiya clear range.

I am excited to try out the Clear Smoke on my Gorgons.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Vallejo
Tamiya
Scale 75
Darkstar
War Colours
Minitaire
Ammo by Mig
Army Painter

ALL GOOD AND NONE WILL GIVE MONEY TO FW

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Your forgot P3. They make pretty good paint.

TTerrible posted:

NO MORE FW PAINTS

And nobody was surprised

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
maybe they can put the resources they would've spent on paint mixing into publishing new books instead

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
FW are just a 100km meteor scar of bad decisions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
I just gave FW $21. I am a bad man. A bad man who wants all of his SoH to match, damnit!!!