Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

STAC Goat posted:

So after reading some of this QAnon thing and making my brain hurt while not really understanding what I was reading am I right in concluding that this whole thing is just some idiot named "Q" who has managed to con a bunch of crazy people into believing that he's a White House insider by dropping cryptic, meaningless posts/tweets that the crazies then Nostradamus decipher to tell them every ridiculous lie they choose to believe about why reality is working opposite of their political beliefs?

Because I'd like to stop reading this nonsense now.

Yes.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Apr 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

So after reading some of this QAnon thing and making my brain hurt while not really understanding what I was reading am I right in concluding that this whole thing is just some idiot named "Q" who has managed to con a bunch of crazy people into believing that he's a White House insider by dropping cryptic, meaningless posts/tweets that the crazies then Nostradamus decipher to tell them every ridiculous lie they choose to believe about why reality is working opposite of their political beliefs?

In a shocking twist, it turns out Lowtax was right all along. The internet does make you stupid. I just wish I could have lived to see it :(

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

STAC Goat posted:

There's a reason you don't understand it. You're not loving insane... probably. I am not a doctor.

e: You're basically trying to understand timecube.

e2: missed a vital not in there.

RandomBlue fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Apr 1, 2018

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Alkydere posted:

Um...no. I've literally avoided anything about the book due to apathy besides it looked like generic "HAY GUYS LET'S WRITE BOOK ABOUT GAMES, IT BE POPULAR RITE? YUK YUK." stuff.

If it's bait its entirely unintentional.

It's young adult literature. Everyone complaining about it has overthought the genre. Jesus, this stuff should be compared to Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, and Twilight. If you want to reach for another generation, compare it to The Hobbit and The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. It's all flawed and silly. Read adult books if you aren't a child.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

DC Murderverse posted:

that's kinda his thing. man loves him some abs.

Everybody loves abs. I was gonna edit out your images to shorten the quote but it has abs in them and everybody loves abs.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

litany of gulps posted:

It's young adult literature. Everyone complaining about it has overthought the genre. Jesus, this stuff should be compared to Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, and Twilight. If you want to reach for another generation, compare it to The Hobbit and The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. It's all flawed and silly. Read adult books if you aren't a child.

Fair enough. I'll admit I read some drek and enjoy it, it just kind of rubbed me the wrong way that everyone was all "Hey, Alkydere is a gamer! Let's give him book entirely based off of that one thing we kinda-sorta know about him."

RandomBlue posted:

There's a reason you don't understand it. You're loving insane... probably. I am not a doctor.

CUBES HAVE FOUR SIDES! Therefore there's FOUR, count them FOUR days to every day!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

RandomBlue posted:

I don't understand this either but I've learned my lesson for the night and am walking away.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
The author of that Qanon stuff actually had their identity leaked, you all didn't see?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUNECHCKWBc

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

STAC Goat posted:

I don't understand this either but I've learned my lesson for the night and am walking away.

Holy poo poo, did I just introduce someone to timecube? Timecube is worth a 30 second glance because in about 5 seconds it's obviously completely insane and the other 25 is just looking around and laughing. If you attempt to go from that to actually understanding it then you need to seek medical attention.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

RandomBlue posted:

Holy poo poo, did I just introduce someone to timecube? Timecube is worth a 30 second glance because in about 5 seconds it's obviously completely insane and the other 25 is just looking around and laughing. If you attempt to go from that to actually understanding it then you need to seek medical attention.

I feel it's more 5 seconds to recognize the insanity, 25-30 seconds of staring in disbelief then up to about 5-10 minutes of "My head hurts but I can't stop giggling" as you try to read the site.

Is that site still up? I mean, it was early, early internet.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Alkydere posted:

I feel it's more 5 seconds to recognize the insanity, 25-30 seconds of staring in disbelief then up to about 5-10 minutes of "My head hurts but I can't stop giggling" as you try to read the site.

Is that site still up? I mean, it was early, early internet.

There's a mirror of it as the original site is gone: http://timecube.2enp.com/

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
Timecube is like poetry mixed with theoretical physics tossed into a blender with some explosive LSD. I love it.

quote:

Your dirty lying teachers use only the midnight to midnight 1 day (ignoring 3 other days) Time to not foul (already wrong) bible time. Lie that corrupts earth you educated stupid fools.

GoBelly-Button Logic Works.

When Do Teenagers Die? Adults Eat Teenagers Alive, No Record Of Their Death. Father Son Image, Not Gods. Every Man Born Of Woman.

:science:

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

PenguinKnight posted:

ive heard theres a mission regarding the Piss Tape

There is. [Spoilers]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkHVTBruicA

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Phone posted:

It's from a satirical jewish magazine from a decade ago

What is "context" for $500, Alex.

quote:

Roseanne: It’s like a Jewish woman. And She’s dressed up like Hitler. And he’s in drag. Hitler. And he’s baking cookies. And he’s really proud of them. But he’s also looking off into the horizon because he has a dream. It was for Heeb magazine. It was their Germany issue. And who better a symbol of Germany than Hitler?

Provenza: What did your detractors have to say?

Roseanne: Oh my god. You don’t want to piss of Jews. Even if you’re a Jew, don’t piss off Jews. All Jews hate each other.

Provenza: Jews went crazy over this. Understandably.

Rozeanne: I don’t think understandably. It really pissed me off. Because they were like “you’re making fun of the people in the ovens,” but I’m not making fun of people in the ovens.

Patrice O’Neal: You kind of are though. The only thing worse would have been if you made the cookies skinny.

Roseanne: There’s another, deeper layer to it. You know just the everyday. Moving off this Holocaust. There’s been about fifty of them since then. That’s what I’m kind of trying to say. Is like, Jesus Christ it’s so loving every day now, holocausts, it’s like baking cookies.

Provenza: Were you not aware that that’s not what people would be thinking?

Roseanne: I don’t give a gently caress what people think. I care what people do. I don’t care what they think. That’s what I’m trying to say. Let’s stop holocausts. When I did The Star Spangled Banner — let’s care about freedom, instead of symbols of freedom for a loving change. You know what I mean, I don’t know. I’m just really old. When you’re post-menopausal, you’re just really crazy.

"Chill guys, it was just a joke, har har. I'm so edgy"
I wonder what the joke will be for some satirical media for black people? Coasting through the most black populated part of Chicago dressed as the Blues Brothers shouting the n-word over an over sized loudspeaker? Oh so edgy

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Apr 1, 2018

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

That really is the best marvel movie so far, and it's not close.

#thingsthatsoundlikecompliments

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

moostaffa posted:

Seriously, screw super hero poo poo. Watch The Death of Stalin instead

Since people are still talking movies, I’d just like to say that I just saw this and it was outstanding. You should go see it.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
My favorite page was always the 'Are You Jewish' page:

quote:

ARE YOU JEWISH?
I Am Not Jewish, Neither
Was My Mother Or Father.

Anyone saying that Jesus
and his Jewish father had
something to do with my
birth, is a drat evil liar.

I am of Nature's Harmonic
Time Cube - in which both
word and god are outlawed.
No plant nor animal speaks
word, a fraud by evil adults.

Gene Ray

Followed by 'Public Warning':

quote:

St. Petersburg Times is Evil
for refusing to inform public
about the recent discovery of
Nature's 4-Day Time Cube -
greatest scientific discovery
of humanity… provingTime
Cube obscurantism as equal
to Forbidden Knowledge, or
to a criminal brainwashing
of children by the educators.

Demand the Times 893-8111
to print Nature's Time Cube.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

LividLiquid posted:

Or if you just lost your dad to cancer and felt like crying your stupid eyes out at a goddamn Marvel movie.

No joke, I lost my dad to cancer over a year before it came out and I did the exact same thing during GotG2.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Jeez PC gaming graphics have gotten really good in the five or so years since I played many new PC games.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

from the comic thread.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

logger posted:

No joke, I lost my dad to cancer over a year before it came out and I did the exact same thing during GotG2.

I lost my mom to leukemia just over a year ago and I Kill Giants was the comic book graphic novel movie I expected to watch and get weepy-eyed over but now it's apparently a super-limited release and I won't be able to see it on the big screen. Maybe that's for the better, if I see it at home I can bawl if I want need to.

Phobic Nest fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Apr 1, 2018

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Oh god, the Easter and April Fools Day jokes today are going to be an awful combination.

Godspeed all.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

brace for lovely april fool's jokes

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

enraged_camel posted:

brace for lovely april fool's jokes

Get this: The president of the United States is Donald Trump

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Amidst a barrage of tweets from the president, Amazon announces they are discontinuing all mail delivery services. Will open brick-and-mortar stores throughout the US.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Blind Rasputin posted:

Amidst a barrage of tweets from the president, Amazon announces they are discontinuing all mail delivery services. Will open brick-and-mortar stores throughout the US.
Amazon could discontinue free delivery right now and credibly blame it on Trump. I can't think of many things that could push his approval down into the low 20s, but this would be one of them.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Trazz posted:

Get this: The president of the United States is Donald Trump

hosed up if true

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Craig K posted:

hosed up if true

Still pretty hosed up if not.

I mean, that old Simpsons joke wouldn't have been funny if not so absurd but our reality has to outdo the Simpsons and the Onion time and again.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

logger posted:

Also same. The last movie I saw with my dad was the first GotG while he was undergoing cancer treatment. Needless to say, that opening scene was one hell of a sucker punch.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

litany of gulps posted:

YA novels or any other media targeted at kids can be good. RPO isn't good and the reason it's not good just so happens to be a pretty interesting topic to talk about. hth

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Krabboss posted:

YA novels or any other media targeted at kids can be good. RPO isn't good and the reason it's not good just so happens to be a pretty interesting topic to talk about. hth

And if you're at all interested in this avenue of discussion, there's currently a Let's Read of Ready Player One underway in the Book Barn right now that's really good and generating some great content.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

A Man and his dog posted:

Oh god, the Easter and April Fools Day jokes today are going to be an awful combination.

Godspeed all.

loving hell, what did you post to earn that avatar?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Honestly, anyone who thinks Stark is in any way excusable for his actions after watching Civil War is a lost cause. His reaction to meeting a mother whose son died as collateral damage when the Avengers literally saved the world from Stark's own horrible creation was "hey the Avengers need to be under the authority of others" and turned to the people who thought nuking New York City in response to an alien invasion was an acceptable course of action.

Frank Castle needs to show up in the MCU just long enough to put a bullet in Stark's brain. God willing, Thanos will kill his rear end and he'll be kept dead.

He'll come back, because the Infinity Gauntlet is the biggest Reset Button in comics/

I never understood why giving the Avengers public accountability was such a bad thing. For all that people complain about rising authoritarianism they sure like the idea of unaccountable supermen running around.

Before anyone asks, no I would not put them under the authority of the CURRENT U.S government but once a sane one appeared.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Gyges posted:

The problem is that Tony Stark is actually problematic is the go to, eternal plot of every Marvel movie he's in. He's the hero, then it turns out he's hosed up, and he learns something to be better, and then they forget all about it until the next movie resets the cycle.

They really should have had Cap tear Stark apart verbally in Civil War over how almost everything wrong in their world is his fault.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Charlz Guybon posted:

They really should have had Cap tear Stark apart verbally in Civil War over how almost everything wrong in their world is his fault.

Point, but I think the original comics storyline had a point before Space Gitmo was a thing.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Alkydere posted:

Joker: "Ahahaha! Safe! Safe! Safe in Decorum Asylum! See, I locked myself up this time! I'm safe! Hahahaha!"

Hulk doesn't even bother with the door and just smashes through the wall. "HERE'S JOHNNY!"

Bill Clinton as 60's era Batman: "What are you doing, this is totally against decorum!"

Obama as Batman Beyond. "I can dig it. Hey Bill, want some popcorn?"

cursed liberal posts txt

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

AceOfFlames posted:

I never understood why giving the Avengers public accountability was such a bad thing. For all that people complain about rising authoritarianism they sure like the idea of unaccountable supermen running around.

Before anyone asks, no I would not put them under the authority of the CURRENT U.S government but once a sane one appeared.

The problem is that all these unaccountable superman tend to make way better decisions than any government. These people would be used for wars over bullshit pretty much instantly. Plus it's difficult for me to divorce the MCU with the MU, so coming from the standpoint where every mutant who ever visits the future ends up seeing their race in Auschwitz, I wouldn't recommend anyone putting their name on any list.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

AceOfFlames posted:

The vast difference in power scales between characters kind of make the conflict in Civil War dumb anyway. Creating a sense of accountability for people like Hulk, Thor, Stark, Vision is a lot more important than for like, more mundane people like Cap or Hawkeye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
My God you're greasy

• Locked thread