Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Bakalakadaka posted:

Lion Heart is kind of weird to get into because the name has a space and they don't allow spaces in guild names anymore. I can usually find it in the list using "heart" or searching by the guild leader name, Relecroix. I don't really play right now but tell me your character name and I can tell someone who can accept you in.

Ohh that explains a lot, thanks. My Delia is named Ylfina, she's probably what I'm going to play the most for now until I dabble in other characters. Though I'm not going to be on til later tonight since I have errands to run.

e: Found the guild and applied.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Miri is coming tomorrow, along with some other things. I'm making good progress on the new OP but we need a thread title. A good one. For once.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Miri is hiri and if you don't like it you can go commit hara-kiri :catstare:

Miri, The Last Draker:

quote:

Vindictus' 12th character has arrived, and she's on fire! The Miri update brings forth the Last Draker, a powerful warrior wielding a massive polearm known as the Dragonspine. But this new mercenary isn't the only feature with this update. We've improved the Seal of Bravery shop with three powerful Enhancement Stones, added new Secondary Equipment for the mercenaries that have gone without, improved the classic Campfires and more!
Miri, the Last Draker

Miri might look like a slight little girl, but this young woman carries the blood of dragons in her veins. Descended from a lost line of Drakers, she is all that remains of their mighty legacy, and the great power that they once claimed.
If you want an overview of Miri's moveset, here's where you can find it.

quote:

Secondary Equipment Improvements

The Secondary Equipment slot, where Arisha's focus, Fiona's shield and Evie's and Sylas' spellbooks are equipped have always been empty for most of Vindictus' characters. However, with the Miri update, all characters will be able to equip and gain benefits from these powerful items!
Short version: The offhand slot now has something for everybody. If you couldn't already equip spellbooks or foci, you can now equip a spellbook. At level 95 you can get the Book of Legacy, which grants the same +3 to crit that the Fomorian Spellbook does. Er, did. That book is no longer obtainable.

quote:

Seal of Bravery Revamp

Three items have been added to the Seal of Bravery shop, to give you a better path to +11, +12 and even +13 weapons:
    120x Seals of Bravery: +11 Flawless Enhancement Stone (Lv. 90 Weapon)
      Allows you to enhance a weapon from +10 to +11 with a 100% success rate
      Can only be used on Lv. 90 weapons
      Can only be purchased once per week per character
    150x Seals of Bravery: +12 Flawless Enhancement Stone (Lv. 90 Weapon)
      Allows you to enhance a weapon from +11 to +12 with a 100% success rate
      Can only be purchased once per week per character
    150x Seals of Bravery: +13 Restorative Enhancement Stone (Lv. 90 Weapon)
      Allows you to enhance a weapon from +12 to +13 with a 100% success rate
      The enhanced weapon will become Restored, and cannot be traded or enhanced further
This is good if you're using level 90 orange gear and need that edge to get into Dullahan runs. This is not good if you're using purple gear.

quote:

Improved Guild Campfire

Campfires are a classic way to get together with your friends and prepare for battle, but the benefits for doing so have been lacking for some time. With the Miri update, characters will be able to take advantage of a brand new Guild Campfire with some particularly potent bonuses...

New Item: Superior Guild Campfire Kit
Costs 65,000 Gold or 80 Seals of Dedication
Players that use the Superior Guild Campfire Kit create a Guild Campfire will gain the following buffs for one battle:
+100 ATT Limit Removal
+100 Additional Damage
+5 LUK
+1 Bonus Evil Core from bosses
Members of your party that sit down at your campfire can use the [Grab] key to open up a shop where they can purchase buffs that last for one battle:
20,000 Gold: +100 ATT Limit Removal
20,000 Gold: +100 Additional Damage
30,000 Gold: +5 LUK
50,000 Gold: +1 Bonus Evil Core from bosses
65,000 Gold: All of the above
Individual buffs do not stack with the bundled buff
Superior Guild Campfire Buffs do not function in the following locations:
Royal Army Raids
Redeemers Raid
PvP Battles
Abyssal Arena
Ein Lacher Battles
Alban Festival
Guild Campfire Kit has been removed from shops and can no longer randomly be rewarded
Sale price has been increased to 1,000 Gold, a full refund of the regular purchase price
I don't like the look of this. These new camps are too expensive. If we just want a normal camp, are we back to using the crappy basic campfires with their worse buffs?

quote:

Winter is Here

The snowy wonderland has arrived to the town of Colhen, the grand city of Rocheste and even the tropical island of Malina! Enjoy the lovely snowfall and winter skies throughout the month of December!

Note: Berbhe does not have falling snow. Because it is underground. And that would be silly.
While Berbhe is underground, it's also plain to see that there are openings in the roof that let in sunlight. Presumably they'd let in snow as well :smugwizard:

quote:

Bug Fixes and Additional Changes
Good stuff here, including random crash fixes. The worst thing is that the Succubus Fang has been nerfed hard. You can now recover 5000 HP at the most. Which is horseshit. Yeah, it's kind of broken that my chain vella can fully restore her health twice over with it, but 5000 HP doesn't even restore half of my health.

Golden Miri Events:

quote:

Vindictus' 12th character has arrived in the 12th month of the year, and it's time for a celebration! We're giving away items every weekend, throwing out huge bonuses all month long, putting on a race to 95 for all the new Miri's out there and more!
Miri Golden Time Event

It's time for a celebration as we give away special items every weekend, as well as Christmas and New Years Day! Get a special Seasonal outfit, Permanent coupons for Hair and Inner Armor, Enchant Runes, a special Enhancement Rune and a powerful ally to back you up in battle!

We're also putting out a series of buffs to help balance out the chaos of December, including double AP, bonus Evil Cores and Raids, discounts to repairs and Gold dyeing and more. Check it out and be sure to take advantage of the weekend long double EXP for Miri!
Interesting set of rewards being offered. The summonable companion is new. The permanent hair and inner armor coupons are incredibly generous and will save me some money.

quote:

Bit Enchant Pouch Event

A well crafted and enhanced blade is a must-have for a powerful warrior, but if you really want it at full power, you'll want it enchanted with the best magics possible! The Bit Enchant Pouch Event lets you claim Bit Enchant Pouches, containing fragments of powerful runes and scraps incredible enchantments to get to full power.
Run raids to earn bit coupons. You can earn up to fifteen coupons per day. Fifty coupons gets you a bit pouch. The pouch contains a scrap of a scroll or fragment of a rune. Not even an entire scroll or rune. That may sound ridiculous, but remember that three scroll scraps don't just make an enchant scroll: they make a 100% success enchant scroll. That's pretty decent. Gotta run 150 raids to get it, though.

quote:

Hero of Royal Army Event

It's time to bring your A game to the Royal Army Raid and prove you can tear the enemy apart just as well as the best equipped player out there! For the next month, we're boosting the stat floor for Royal Army Raids, powering everyone whose gear isn't quite there yet up to 28,000 ATT/M.ATT and 15,000 DEF!
Royal raids suck because they lag too much and the rewards are generally insulting. Still, they're worth doing for the titles because they boost stats.

quote:

Super Elite Miri Event

A new character means the starting gun for a new race! Power your way up the ranks with Miri and see if you can be the fastest person to take her from Level 1 to Level 95 for a unique title no one else on the server can claim.
Typical level-up event. Get to 95 on your new Miri to get a title.

So anyway: In a few days I'll make the new thread with the new OP and the new Miri description. So, get your thread title suggestions in. If you don't it's gonna be something dumb like "Vindictus Season 3: The Wyrm Has Turned" or "Vindictus Season 3: Man Bites God".

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

i feel dumb cause i didn't see the miri level up thing that ended registration 2 days ago.

she seems neat and leveling is super fast anyway.

with that said, uh, all of those Golden Miri things (the free inner etc.) are one per account for ANY character, right? i'd rather keep working on my Delia since she's ridiculously fun. reminds me a lot of playing with some of the slower weapons in Darksiders.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

i feel dumb cause i didn't see the miri level up thing that ended registration 2 days ago.

she seems neat and leveling is super fast anyway.

with that said, uh, all of those Golden Miri things (the free inner etc.) are one per account for ANY character, right? i'd rather keep working on my Delia since she's ridiculously fun. reminds me a lot of playing with some of the slower weapons in Darksiders.

I think you can collect them on any character. You just need to be careful to log in on that character first so it goes to their mail.

UPDATE: I'm working on the Miri description for the OP and I have a problem. The dragonspine is literally a drat Bat'leth with a chain attached to it. How do I describe such a thing in one word without saying "Bat'leth"? Because people are going to get ideas if I call it a Bat'leth from the start.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Dec 7, 2017

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

ArchWizard posted:

I think you can collect them on any character. You just need to be careful to log in on that character first so it goes to their mail.

UPDATE: I'm working on the Miri description for the OP and I have a problem. The dragonspine is literally a drat Bat'leth with a chain attached to it. How do I describe such a thing in one word without saying "Bat'leth"? Because people are going to get ideas if I call it a Bat'leth from the start.

Crescent shaped blade?

The spell book thing made me laugh when I realized my KAROK of all people was hauling one around.

Also, 65,000 gold is nothing when you consider the bonus of another evil core. Unless you have the worst luck in the world, that poo poo will pay for itself, and I was never really impressed with seal of dedication rewards, so this at least gives me something to spend those on.

mauman fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Dec 8, 2017

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
I'm not usually picky about frame rates and such, but I get absolutely horrible performance in this game, like 5 FPS on the title screen bad. Is this normal? I can run other games fine, like I play FF14 with high settings. I tried a bunch of different settings tweaks from Reddit etc. but nothing seemed to help, except switching to DX8 and putting everything on the absolute minimum got me up to like 15 FPS.

edit: fixed this by going into the Nvidia control panel and telling it to render Vindictus using the graphics card. Why did I need to do that. Oh well.

Edly fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Dec 9, 2017

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Edly posted:

I'm not usually picky about frame rates and such, but I get absolutely horrible performance in this game, like 5 FPS on the title screen bad. Is this normal? I can run other games fine, like I play FF14 with high settings. I tried a bunch of different settings tweaks from Reddit etc. but nothing seemed to help, except switching to DX8 and putting everything on the absolute minimum got me up to like 15 FPS.

edit: fixed this by going into the Nvidia control panel and telling it to render Vindictus using the graphics card. Why did I need to do that. Oh well.

Vindictus runs on an ancient custom source engine so it's weird. Also the current login screen for Miri is exceptionally bad for performance because of fire.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

the game stutters for me on login screen and in populated towns but runs fine in actual combat. try getting in and palying and see how it is.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
It's fine now, I was playing on a laptop and it was rendering on the integrated graphics card instead of the actual GPU for some reason. Thanks everyone!

Also, applied to Lion Heart as Edly.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance is happening tomorrow and there will be a Christmas event.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Discovered the joys of the Alban festival today.

That poo poo's harder than a dully raid :negative:

Got up to level 11 before the urge to kill something started kicking in.

Quit at level 16 and took a walk outside for a while to cool off.

Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

Seek not greatness, but instead truth, and you shall find both.
Just downloaded this on steam, haven't played it in years. Figured might as well try it again.
Applying to one of the guilds I guess

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance tomorrow.

quote:

We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on Wednesday, December 20th at 7:00 AM PST. During this period, all servers will be unavailable. We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 3.5 hours, concluding at around 10:30 AM PST.

- Start and End Time -
Pacific: 7:00 AM - 10:30 AM PST
Eastern: 10:00 AM - 1:30 PM EST
Europe: 4:00 PM - 7:30 PM CET
Australia: 2:00 AM - 5:30 AM AEDT, ending on Thursday, December 21st

Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

- What -
Server Upkeep
Arrival of the Death Cube, a new Christmas package and a special Enhancement and Enchant event!

Thank you for your patience.
It's the usual server maintena

Wait what

quote:

Arrival of the Death Cube

What

quote:

DEATH CUBE

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
My application to Lion Heart is still pending approval, what's the right way to get approved? Or is there a different guild I should apply to?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Edly posted:

My application to Lion Heart is still pending approval, what's the right way to get approved? Or is there a different guild I should apply to?

Oh sorry I missed you, I'll have someone approve you my dude.

Death cube is a gacha box fyi.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

Why would they give such a cool name to a gacha box :stare:

It turns out this update isn't all sales. There will be a bonus to enhancement and enchantment success rates for the next week or so.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 20, 2017

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

Bakalakadaka posted:

Oh sorry I missed you, I'll have someone approve you my dude.

Thanks, I'm in!

This game is really fun, I'm digging the Rise changes. When I last played years ago, I quit around level 45 when you had to grind a giant spider boss over and over to get enough exp to play the next story mission. I came back to 40k AP on my character, and easily made it to 70 playing through Season 1 in a couple of days. The first time I played I thought the bosses felt kind of samey and not that exciting, so I was very happy when I got to start killing anime dragons and gods.

I had to grind a bit at the end of Season 2 to hit 90, but I actually enjoyed doing the Season 2 end bosses repeatedly, because after a few clears I felt like I knew their move sets really well and was wrecking them handily.

Last night I hit 91 and got carried through Corrupted Queen. I couldn't figure out the corruption mechanic during the fight, so I just died to it repeatedly without contributing anything. I guess I'll watch a guide first for the next group boss.

What should I be doing with my equipment? Right now I have the free level 90 purple set. I guess I should be upgrading my weapon to orange? Is it easier to replace each of the components on my existing weapon, or just build a new one from scratch?

edit: another question - does it matter what channel I'm in? Will I only see parties of people in my own channel, or does it only affect who you see running around in town, etc?

Edly fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Dec 22, 2017

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

You should try and get a +13 level 90 weapon using the special runes in the seal shop. Level 95 stuff is pretty expensive at this point but enchanted 90 gear and high enhance level weapon and armor are a big deal now because of how important they made the additional damage stat with rise.

E: channel means nothing other than using the bath soaps but lion heart dudes are in 40.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
The corruption gets on you when you walk around in the dark part of the grass. If it goes to 100 you die.
At her last phase she only takes damage if you're above like 40% corruption so you have to balance attacking her and running to the light grass.

for weapons you want an orange main essence, then you can enhance it and swap out the other peices for better stuff if you get any. It won't reset the enhancement, unless you swap out the main one.

I think you can even swap an orange main with another orange and still keep enhancement.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I took a break after I got my Miri to 95 but I'm back on my poo poo, and just in time too:
Maintenance?!?!

quote:

Dear Players,

We will be performing a scheduled game update on Thursday, January 11th at 6:00 AM PST. During this period, all servers will be unavailable. We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 3 hours, concluding at around 9:00 AM PST.

- Start and End Time -

Pacific: 6:00 AM - 9:00 AM PST
Eastern: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM EST
Europe: 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM CET
Australia: 1:00 AM - 4:00 AM AEDT, ending on Thursday, January 12th
Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

- What -

Server Upkeep
The Aes Sidhe Update arrives, including:
New Story Content, featuring the new "The Price of Failure" raid!
The return of Gallagher's Dice Game and other special events!
New sale items, including the elevant Chevalier and Legionnaire outfits below!
Holy crap, new content. I knew the Sidhe raid was next because the music for it is already in the game files. I don't think it sounds very raid-y, to be honest. Too much violin.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jan 11, 2018

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

The Al-Lat Chunks event has returned.

quote:

The Goddess Fragment event has returned with a new list of prizes, featuring a set of butterfly wings and your choice of festive spring effects!

Just login to Vindictus to get your Statue of the Goddess, and feed it Black and White Statuettes earned via login and daily quests to claim all manner of prizes, including goddess graces, Goddess Battle Blessing Potions and Reilly's Oils, and stick around to the Level 13 prizes to get your preferred Butterfly Wings and flower effect!
These rewards don't seem very good to me. On the other hand, they once again made the event long enough for you to finish your statuette without actually playing the game. Log in, collect your free shards in the mail, use them judiciously, and you'll be done in twenty-six days.

As for the new thread: Eh, I keep forgetting and the Miri thing has gone cold. I might wait for Lynn's weapon.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Feb 13, 2018

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance is happening tomorrow. The Kick Aes Sidhe event is going to end and Valentine's events will start.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Turns out all but one of the Valentine's events is a sale. The event that isn't a sale is... ugh...

quote:

Valentine Fishing Event

Valentine's Day is nearly here, so we're bringing back the traditional fishing event! With three titles to claim, chocolates granting powerful buffs and a special Head Gear item you can collect, there's plenty of rewards you can claim for only 50 gold per rod!
For the next two weeks, you can purchase 100 rods per character per day and AFK fish. The rods let you get pouches. The pouches contain things, including two titles. Using a thousand rods gets you a third title. There may or may not be a secret title for fishing on Valentine's Day proper. There has been at least twice, so give it a try if you care about collecting titles.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I'm just about to get the "1000 rods used" title on my seventh and final character. It was long and arduous and occasionally induced me to check my computer in the middle of the night to make sure I was still fishing. I have no complaints because it could have gone a lot worse.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 19, 2018

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There are updates today.

Ask me about living in a vanguard (tip: don't do missions by the river)

quote:

February's update is here with more challenges for you to face! Send out your army of Level 95 mercenaries, take on a new Special Battle against two enemies with little need for finesse, take on a new set of Ein Lacher challenges, gobble up new weekly and monthly play rewards and get used to the changes that have come with a series of character updates.

Partholon Vanguard

One soldier can only do so much, and in a land as torn up by violence as Vindictus, it's time to organize your forces and show the Fomors what a team of powerful mercenaries can do!

The Partholon Vanguard allows you to take your collection of Level 95 characters and send them on special missions throughout Vindictus. Each one of your Level 95 characters can be assigned to an expedition, earning Antiquity Points, Partholon Experience and a variety of item rewards including potions, Enchant Scrolls, Crafting items and more!

Each of the Level 95 characters placed into your Vanguard will still be playable as normal, and will have traits and abilities matching their class that gives them special bonuses to boost the possible rewards from your Vanguard Missions. These missions can take some time to complete, so keep your eye on the Vanguard Mission Timers to maximize your progress.

You can also exchange Antiquity Points for a variety of items, including Intermediate Element Stones, unique titles, Seals of Bravery, fun toys and more. There's a wealth of prizes available, and more to come with special events, so don't pass up the free loot available and turn the whole of your army against the Fomors!
tl;dr version: Send your level-capped characters on missions to do whatever. Choose characters suited to the mission and they'll have a greater chance of doing a super-good job and getting a bonus reward. Somehow you can still play a character that's on a mission, but that's okay because the game wants you to keep all of your characters on missions, constantly, forever. The rewards are good and there's no cost involved. Free stuff is good stuff.

quote:

New Special Battle: Underground Assembly

A new Special Battle is here, and it's not exactly the most subtle, technical fight this time around: You're facing off against a pair of massive brutes, swinging around weapons bigger than anything even Karok or Hurk could comfortably wield!

Take on Steel Muspell and Controlled Black Hammer at the same time, just remember to try to keep your distance! Beat them both and claim the rewards, including chances at Dullahan's Essence, Abomination's Essence, Eochaid's Essence, the Scattered Essence box and more!
I've done the Abyssal Arena a lot and I'd say the part where you fight two Muspells at once is the hardest part. This might seem similar but it'll be worse because the bosses will have Hero mode strength and Hero mode speed. I might do it a few times for a shot at the good Abom essence.

quote:

Ein Lacher Expansion

It's been a while since Ein Lacher was released, and with new story content and new missions coming out in the last year and a half, there's plenty more fodder to add to the Ein Lacher Challenge! Enjoy the following Boss Fights entering the Ein Lacher rotation:

World of Pain (Judge Jamiroff)
The Devil's Cook (Orlaith)
The Operating Room (Odhran the Maniac)
Rescue Mission (Captain Baethan)
A Moment's Notice (Hexad)
A Long, Dark Path (Eviscerator)
Frozen Land (Duvanak)
You Only Live Once (Abadok)
Impermanence (Erkanbald)
What to Believe In (Johanus)
tl;dr version: They added a bunch of Berbhe and Donegal bosses to Ein Lacher. Buddy, if I could solo those bosses I wouldn't join farming parties.

quote:

Weekly and Monthly Missions

We're also expanding the Daily Missions feature into Weekly and Monthly Missions! These missions will have more strenuous requirements, like completing 30 Raid Battles in a week or triggering 60 Path Transformations in a month, but have superior rewards, including Goibhniu's Enhancement Stones, Premium Enhancement Runes and a Monthly Mission Ticket that can be exchanged in the Exchange Shop for the following items:

12x Monthly Mission Tickets: Premium Armor Enhancement Rune (Protects Armor from destruction when Enhancing from +11 to +12)
6x Monthly Mission Tickets: Enchant Rune (Protects items from destruction or durability loss when Enchanting)
3x Monthly Mission Tickets: Destruction Safeguard Rune (Protects items from destruction on a failed Enhancement regardless of Level, however when consumed will reduce the Enhancement Level and Remaining Unbind Count by 1)
Because doing your dailies just isn't tedious enough. Some of the rewards are really good, though, especially the enchant rune. Can't have too many of those.

quote:

New Fiona Ability: Tireless

Fiona's received some special training with this new update. The Long Hammer is a formidable weapon in the right hands, but the heavy swings can take some getting used to. Fiona can now use Tireless to keep up the momentum, reducing the delay between all attacks for as long as she can keep things moving!
Oh hey, this might actually make hammers as fun as swords, especially in boss fights where counterattacking isn't easy to do.

quote:

Class Balance Changes

Fiona's not the only one with some changes. We've unloaded a set of changes to most of our mercs, with Hurk, Fiona and Lann getting the most attention this time around.
tl;dr version: Scythe Evie's different but generally less stamina-hungry. Arisha's better. Fiona's a lot better. Hurk is different but generally more damaging. Delia is a lot better. One of Miri's moves is less damaging.

quote:

Bug Fixes and Game Improvements
It's mostly bugfixes, but there's also a nasty nerf to gold rewards. S3 raids give less. S2 hero raids give less. One of the more helpful changes? You'll get a notice (in the form of a flashing box in the upper-left corner of your inventory window) when a time-limited item is about to expire.

There's a set of events to go with the new Vanguard system.

quote:

February comes with a bevy of events to shine a light on all the huge changes in this update. Crack open a few Temporal Boxes, claim a special outfit reward from the newly added Partholon Vanguard, get all the Honor you can muster and give the new tag-team fight double the pain!

Temporal Box Event

We're throwing out prizes every hour, but you're going to have to work a bit to unlock them. Every hour, up to five times per day, you'll be given a Temporal Box containing a random item and a coupon to spend at the Exchange Shop. You won't be able to open the box simply, however: The Temporal Keys required can be found by completing Battle Quests and slaying the boss, or sold from the Strange Traveler for 150,000 Gold!
Mmm, tempura box. The first box I opened gave me a coupon and an Element Stone Catalyst. It's not tradeable. And it's on a character that doesn't have element stone crafting unlocked. We're not off to a great start.

quote:

Partholon Expedition Team Event

With the introduction of the Partholon Vanguard, we're giving you a special prize to work at for the next two months! Earn 1,500 Antiquity Points and claim the Forgemaster or Forgemistress outfits!
The Forgemeister outfit is not an outfit I like, but maybe you will. It's the cheapest antiquity point reward, tied in cost with a single Seal of Bravery.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 22, 2018

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's a new event. No news post yet. It involves something called a "battleshade" and you have to stay logged in to collect rewards.

I heard Lynn's second weapon is an umbrella. This could be it. Well, except for one slight problem: Arisha came out before Lynn and we haven't gotten whips yet. What a mystery!

UPDATE: I checked the exchange shop and you can trade the login reward coupons for a +10 level 90 battleshade (which is, in fact, Lynn's second weapon). If you don't want that then you can buy a toy weapon of your choice.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Mar 8, 2018

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

St. Patrick's Day events are here. Who even is this Street Patrick guy?

quote:

St. Patrick's Day arrives on Saturday, and we've got an event and sales to get you nice and green! Gather lucky clovers, dye your outfits green and maybe even give your hair or skin a St. Patrick's Day theme!
Last year they pointed out that Vindictus is based on Celtic mythology, hence the Korean version being named after the Mabinogion. I guess this year they didn't want to remind us that Celtic mythology didn't have shotguns or lingerie in it. Well, maybe it has lingerie in it. I'm not a mythology-ologist.

quote:

St. Patrick's Day Event

The St. Patrick's Day Event is here, and there's plenty of Lucky Clovers to gather! Collect them from Battle Quests, and either trade them to the Strange Traveler for a special Epaulet and Title, or squeeze a pair of them together to create a special potion that restores health and SP.
Kill bosses, get clovers. You can collect five clovers per day. Turn in some clovers to the Strange Traveler for a title (no stats) and a time-limited epaulet (+500 ATT and a whopping +5 Critical). The website says you need ten but the quest dialogue and tracker say you need twenty.

As for the rest: You can buy green dyes from the shop and green hair and skin from the appearance shop. Those are sales so eh. If you want, you can use a 7-day hair coupon from the AP shop to try the hair out.

Also: They finally made a post about the Battleshade Attendance Event.

quote:

Lynn's second weapon is almost here, and we're giving you a chance to get a headstart on claiming your own powerful Battleshade once they arrive! Log-in each day through the day of the Battleshade Update to claim this special weapon, or your preferred character's toy weapons!
The event started on March 7 and ends on April 18th, which should get you 43 tickets. That's enough for a real umbrella, a toy weapon, and a toy shield/focus.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

The Battleshade Update is here.
I might make a new thread in a few days, after I've played Umbrellynn enough to write a bit for the OP. If I do, I'll copypaste the whole update into one of the first posts. For now I'll stick with the short version:
- Lynn smacks people with the umbrella
- Lynn builds qi by doing this
- The skill names can't decide if they're wind-themed or flower-themed
- You have to talk to fricken' Marrec to get the ability to use a battleshade
- If you're a Lynn, the weirdass traveler will give you a gift box. If you're not, he'll tell you to screw off
- The snow is gone and now we have cherry blossoms. More like BLAH-soms. Orange blossoms are way better, you know.
- You can run S3 battles to get water to water a cherry tree and if enough people do this everybody gets a title
- The wheel of misfortune is back and you earn tickets by doing the daily temporal missions. You can also buy two tickets from the bizarre traveler each day but I don't think that's worth the money.

UPDATE: I've been playing for a while and smacking things is fun but the new dodges and blocks are dreadful. I thought fighting with an umbrella would be cool, like the Penguin. Instead I just get the poo poo beaten out of me over and over again, like the Penguin. Maybe I just need to be more careful?

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 23, 2018

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

April Fool's Day events are starting a bit early. Enter level 30+ battles to have a chance of catching the lying wood man. Lying wood man drops Falsehoods, and you can earn five Falsehoods per day. Ten Falsehoods to make a key to unlock a chest. There are three chests, so you need three keys, or thirty Falsehoods, thus six days. You can get titles, LUK-increasing accessories, makeup for your dude characters, and facial hair for your lady characters. You have until April 11th to get your Falsehoods. That's a lot of playing.

Also of interest: Free grace times coming up this weekend. 5 PM to 8 PM Eastern time on the NA server and 5 PM to 8 PM CEST on the EU server.

UPDATE: This event sucks. The wood man doesn't spawn in many battles and the initial quest requires five Falsehoods to be turned in. That's seven days to get everything on one character,

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Apr 1, 2018

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Are you a bot?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Seriously fuckin dedicated to this game is what he is.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I think this game is really good and I'm not done trying to convince people to at least try it. I also know that some people still read the thread but don't post because it's not like we have griefing stories to share.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I still love my character and the combat I just can't grind for gear anymore

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Hello person who reads thread but doesn't post reporting in, I appreciate the updates on what's going even though I don't play much anymore so thanks Arch for the dedication. :cheers:

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

A Cup of Ramen posted:

Hello person who reads thread but doesn't post reporting in, I appreciate the updates on what's going even though I don't play much anymore so thanks Arch for the dedication. :cheers:

Same here. It’s nice to see what’s changed since I come back to the game every few months.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance tomorrow and it's a long one.

quote:

Dear Players,

We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on Wednesday, April 11th at 8:00 AM PDT. During this period, all servers will be unavailable. We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 8 hours, concluding at around 4:00 PM PDT.

- Start and End Time -

Pacific: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM PDT
Eastern: 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM EDT
Europe: 5:00 PM - 1:00 AM CEST, ending on Thursday, April 12th
Australia: 1:00 AM - 9:00 AM AEST, Thursday, April 12th

- What -

Server Update in order to achieve a more pleasant environment for all players

Thank you for your patience.
"What," indeed. That's a vague reason to do a server update.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN9cENdM27I

Vindictus had another long maintenance today but it comes with some updates. They're good updates, Brent.

quote:

Event Name No Bad Dogs
Event Start Wednesday, Apr. 18th(End of Maintenance)
Event End Tuesday, May. 15th(Start of Maintenance)
Event Details

When you complete Season 3 battles, you can obtain Dog Chow Boxes where you find a random kind of dog chow (up to 5 a day)
The dog has 3 emotional states of normal, happy, and sleepy. If you use the dog chow according to each state, the gauge fills up by 2 notches
You obtain rewards according to the dog's growth level
  • The dog starts from 1-year-old and grows up to 13-year-old. When you fill the 13-year-old gauge full, the event ends. (It does not reset)
  • Every time the dog ages, event reward is given
  • 1 year corresponds to 10 notches of the gauge
Special Dog Bag: You can obtain one dog of your choice from White Dog, Black Dog, Alaskan Malamute, Siberian Husky, Welsh Corgi, Golden Dog, and Silver Dog
  • Pet functions: no attack abilities, cannot be incapacitated, and item hunt
  • Dog's gifts and growth items cannot be traded or moved within account, and can be opened until 05/23/2018 at 7:00 UTC
It's another one of those "feed your pet" events and this time you get a perfectly ordinary pet to feed. Feed the dog to get a title. It's also possible to get a dog to summon in battle but I'm not clear on how many you're allowed to earn per account. They love to make stuff like that one-per-account but there are a bunch of dogs available from the Special Dog Bag so maybe they'll be generous.

Oh yeah, there's also a new raid.

quote:

April update, including Arcana, who was the volcano spirit, has arrived.
Meet the new raid and Vindictus news!

Season 3 Chapter 2 Extra Raid: Arcana

Arcana, who was the volcano spirit, was born due to a secret experiment conducted by the Fomors.

The Fomorian experiment to place the volcano spirit into a Nemedian's body. But it failed due to Arcana's rage.

When the Fomorian army tried to stop her, Arcana felt threated and used the machinery binding her. The Fomors ended up fleeing before her powers.

Afterwards, Arcana fell captive to the impulse to absorb powerful souls, and the heroes who arrived at Jardin were opponents with souls that could satisfy her.

Please meet Arcana, who fights as her instincts lead her.
Short version: Arcana is yet another jerkass boss who moves fast, hits hard, and has an instakill move. She does have a couple of uncommon gimmicks: She can counterattack and she can prevent players from attacking, dodging, or using skills. You have to break this by - I poo poo you not - running up to her and kicking her a lot. It's weird but makes a sort of sense.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Apr 19, 2018

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Don't forget the most important part: you can break off her clothes like the succubus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

While watching a playlist of clash videos, I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltj_iW0H76A

What a weird raid we have in our future.

Bakalakadaka posted:

Don't forget the most important part: you can break off her clothes like the succubus.
Maybe you could, but when you main a ranged character it goes against every instinct to stay close enough to her to actually make it work.