Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
Cue everyone coming in here and Revali's Wailing about all the puns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

ousire posted:

You can actually cheese that ice hauling quest very easily. When I did it, I just wore a monster mask. None of the monsters aggro, so you can just run straight across with no issue.

Or you equip an ice weapon, which lowers the temperature enough that you don't even need to worry about shade as you run around the outside.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Or you equip an ice weapon, which lowers the temperature enough that you don't even need to worry about shade as you run around the outside.

I think he has the entire series recorded already, and I don't think he's ever used an elemental weapon for changing the temperature, just for melting/freezing enemies.

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
Revali left his bucket behind when he went fishing. Revali's pail is now at the jetty.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

ANGER HAS NEVER BEEN MORE MANLY THAN THIS
Eh, like it matters about all the puns. We already saw the biggest Revali's Fail.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Well, you already picked up Revali's Snail. Should make a good pet!

Oh, and Thorn, you can totally keep crabs as pets! Hermit crabs, specifically. Cute little guys. Just feed 'em and give 'em a bigger shell from time to time and you're golden.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like the various quests that need the camera. It's a useful tool to have!

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Revali custom ordered some special armor for use while flying, and he's heading out to pick it up.

Revali's Mail is now ready.

But now he's switching careers, and has been commissioned to build a road.

Revali's Trail is now ready.

e: He's a man of many talents, and in his free time he's been developing a written language for the sight impaired.

Revali's Braille is now ready.

Odysseus S. Grant fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Mar 18, 2018

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

These puns are getting to be beyond the Revali's pale.

It's a shame Lurelin Village is just kind of 'there' with no real reason to visit unless you're exploring or hunting down shrines. It's very easy to miss the place entirely.

Also, the weirdest theory for the Eighth Heroine statue I've heard is that the 8th statue is somehow meant to be Ganondorf, and the statue got removed when the Gerudo became friendly with the Hylians. Why they made 'dorf a heroine instead of a hero, and why they somehow teleported the statue to the mountains instead of just destroying it was never really explained by the guy who posted the theory.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Icedude posted:

These puns are getting to be beyond the Revali's pale.

It's a shame Lurelin Village is just kind of 'there' with no real reason to visit unless you're exploring or hunting down shrines. It's very easy to miss the place entirely.

Also, the weirdest theory for the Eighth Heroine statue I've heard is that the 8th statue is somehow meant to be Ganondorf, and the statue got removed when the Gerudo became friendly with the Hylians. Why they made 'dorf a heroine instead of a hero, and why they somehow teleported the statue to the mountains instead of just destroying it was never really explained by the guy who posted the theory.

Eh I don't really agree with that theory since the statue is still part of the rockface, which leads to my theory that it's an unfinished statue made around the calamity to represent urbosa.

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

After all these puns I'd like some of Revali's ale. It had better be ready.

(Also, Skippy, "you've got a chest in your heart" is one of your best jokes of the LP I think.)

Here's a bit of trivia since you guys didn't mention it: the shrine from the sand seal racing quest is one of only two shrines in the game that are locked behind divine beast completion. The other one is Recital at Warbler's Nest, the one you need to gather Kass' children for.

The drink quest is one of the more openly nonsensical ones, I think. Especially because you don't even get to bring the drink to her, she just mysteriously gets invigorated by the thought of it. I also thought this one was a missed opportunity, they could've involved the cooking system (that's actually what I'd expected it to be at first, I thought I was going to have to learn a special recipe and make the drink for her myself).

The Palmorae Ruins "reference" to the Mirror of Twilight is just weird to me. This game has a definite tendency to play fast and loose with continuity for the sake of throwing references in. That said, I'm kind of surprised I haven't seen the timeline theory people latching onto this as "proof" that this game takes place in a different timeline from TP, or something, since it's not destroyed here. (Honestly, I can't be bothered to care about the timeline any more, when Nintendo have made it very clear they don't when writing it.)

(Now that I've finally bitten the bullet and registered an account on SA, I'll stop leaving massive comments likely nobody reads under the youtube videos and bring them here instead.)

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

There are two others that I can think of that might have their triggers locked behind completing their respective divine beast. I wouldn't know for sure, I've always done them after their beast. The one involving the ceremonial trident being used to stab a pedestal in Zora's Domain could be one of them, I don't think the zora girl will tell you about the rhyme until it stops raining. There's also one involving a Goron that I'm sure will be shown off. Dude's just hungry, but I don't think his brother will move while the divine lizard is still active.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Thadius posted:

There are two others that I can think of that might have their triggers locked behind completing their respective divine beast. I wouldn't know for sure, I've always done them after their beast. The one involving the ceremonial trident being used to stab a pedestal in Zora's Domain could be one of them, I don't think the zora girl will tell you about the rhyme until it stops raining. There's also one involving a Goron that I'm sure will be shown off. Dude's just hungry, but I don't think his brother will move while the divine lizard is still active.

The former, probably. I don't think you can get either trident until after Vah Ruta, and I do remember looking for the ceremonial trident in the water and not finding it. The latter with the Goron you can do before Vah Rudania though, and I will in the LP.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Nalesh posted:

Eh I don't really agree with that theory since the statue is still part of the rockface, which leads to my theory that it's an unfinished statue made around the calamity to represent urbosa.

As for how the sword got up there?

Someone was using it to spread the Doom Jam.

The Doom Jam did not appreciate that. Not at all.

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

ThornBrain posted:

The former, probably. I don't think you can get either trident until after Vah Ruta, and I do remember looking for the ceremonial trident in the water and not finding it. The latter with the Goron you can do before Vah Rudania though, and I will in the LP.

I was curious, so I tested it. I had a file near enough that I could run over to Zora's Domain (actually got to see the "rude Sidon" cutscene myself for the first time too, so that's something). The ceremonial trident is there under the water like usual, it's just that none of the NPCs will tell you about it or give you the quest (so there's no way to learn what to do with it until later). So a blind player will never find this shrine before the DB, but if you know what to do already you can just grab the trident and stab the pedestal.

It doesn't give you credit for the shrine quest until you've actually spoken to the NPCs, though, and it looks like that part can't be done until after the DB.

This is how I'd thought it worked, but it's good to have firsthand proof.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'm late on this block of ice quest cheesing thing, but you can also start the quest late in the afternoon, wait until the sun has set and do it that way.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Silver Falcon posted:

Oh, and Thorn, you can totally keep crabs as pets! Hermit crabs, specifically. Cute little guys. Just feed 'em and give 'em a bigger shell from time to time and you're golden.
I'm not even going to make a dirty joke about keeping crabs, there are so many actual options!
Other super common ones include fiddler crabs and red mangrove crabs, but they're semiaquatic and want brackish water, which can be an obnoxious combination.
Freshwater crabs can take a bit of doing to get ahold of, often involving a lot of digging around online, but you can find things like vampire crabs.
If you're open to messing with saltwater your more easily available choices open up significantly.

And if you're down with not-quite-crabs but vaguely similar things, there's always

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

The problem with having Crawfish as a pet is fitting a computer in their terrarium.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

So this is apropos of nothing, and I'm not sure this is particularly relevant for this thread, but I was linked to this picture and I immediately thought of the Straw Hats.

Make of it what you will.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Surprisingly decent show if you stop giving a poo poo about the main plot line :v:

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

How dare you post Skippy's actual picture here.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
The important question is which one of the other two is Thorn and which is Yami?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

From left to right: Thorn, Skippy, Yami

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

From left to right: Thorn, Skippy, Yami

I was the prettiest SHN guest until we started Stardew.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

One last schlep around Lurelin Village before we take on Death Mountain next week.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Hudson's reply of "Me too" when you say you remember him is just great :allears:

You can actually fly to Eventide by gliding from Cape Cales. Don't even need to use Revali's Gale, but it does take two stamina wheels.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Peter Gabriel deep cut right there.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Tarrey Town has way, way too much put into it for being one optional thing hiding behind a more different optional thing. It's great.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Tarrey Town just seems like they gave one of the new designers an area of the map and told to go hog wild, and hog wild they did go.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Gorons! And eating fire lizard juice.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

ThornBrain posted:

Gorons! And eating fire lizard juice.

Those Goron beards and ponytails are probably asbestos.:eng101:

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
You mentioned near the start that wooden weapons and regular arrows just catch fire at Death Mountain. What's really great is that if you pull out bomb arrows, they just immediately detonate right in your face. I have had this happen to me, and the explosion and ragdoll sent me tumbling into lava. It was hilarious in hindsight.

And the Goron weapons are probably my favorite. Daruk's champion weapon is the only one I used until it broke and then went out of my way to spend a diamond and replace it.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

ousire posted:

You mentioned near the start that wooden weapons and regular arrows just catch fire at Death Mountain. What's really great is that if you pull out bomb arrows, they just immediately detonate right in your face. I have had this happen to me, and the explosion and ragdoll sent me tumbling into lava. It was hilarious in hindsight.

And the Goron weapons are probably my favorite. Daruk's champion weapon is the only one I used until it broke and then went out of my way to spend a diamond and replace it.

The first time I pulled out Bomb Arrows in Death Mountain, I was so confused. I eventually caught on that I was making myself explode and stopped doing that.

The best part is trying to put them away. 'Okay I have a moment let me just gently caress! I exploded again!'

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

Thadius posted:

The first time I pulled out Bomb Arrows in Death Mountain, I was so confused. I eventually caught on that I was making myself explode and stopped doing that.

The best part is trying to put them away. 'Okay I have a moment let me just gently caress! I exploded again!'

I forgot about it for the longest time, then got very confused when I was trying to bomb-snipe a talus's weak point mid-glide.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Say, are you gonna show off the glitch with the 2 mine carts and magnesis in a side episode? Or has that been patched out?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Carbon dioxide posted:

Say, are you gonna show off the glitch with the 2 mine carts and magnesis in a side episode? Or has that been patched out?

That'll be in Alternate 6, going up with part 45.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So now that we've seen them all, most adorable kids? I'm most partial to the Rito.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Glazius posted:

So now that we've seen them all, most adorable kids? I'm most partial to the Rito.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Warm and chewy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

That was probably the best way to have demonstrated bomb arrows, save for maybe orchestrating bouncing off a ridge and into a lava pool. Either way, top tier.

• Locked thread