Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

numerrik posted:

The new atelier game, is it worth playing? I liked battle chef but wished it was turn based, I’ve never played one before.

It's not really like Battle Chef but yeah the new Atelier is pretty good. It's budget looking but it's the best JRPG on the system and generally solid. Lots of humour, addictive gameplay loop. Some stupid anime poo poo but nothing that stands out as a real problem.

Argue posted:

Is an Atelier game anything like Recettear?

Tonally? Kinda, it's got that same laidback comedy about running a business feel. Which is nice. The gameplay is much more standard JRPG (your business is making poo poo, collecting poo poo and killing poo poo, the latter two mostly to facilitate the former), but with the focus on a really really in depth crafting system. If you like crafting systems it's definitely worth a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Not Operator posted:

Gameplay wise, no not at all. They have similar moods and loose themes, but if you were looking for Recettear 2 (Like I always, always am) this probably won't be it.

There's a game, and it's announced for Switch, and from previews I've seen it absolutely looks like Recettear 2 lol. But I can't remember the name of it...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

goferchan posted:

There's a game, and it's announced for Switch, and from previews I've seen it absolutely looks like Recettear 2 lol. But I can't remember the name of it...

Moonlighter?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also announced today was Wizard's Symphony, which is the apparently long awaited sequel to Wizard's Harmony on the Sega Saturn

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Why do so many pieces try to present all DLC cases/costumes being included in LA Noire as a massive feature?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

The Lobster posted:

I pressed Google Translate on that page and got this:

"Please understand."

How do you say/type "please understand" in Japanese (also known as "moonspeak" LMFAO)

I feel like that phrase should enter the common western lexicon along with konnichiwa, sayonara, domo arigato, kawaii, etc.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Guy Goodbody posted:

Also announced today was Wizard's Symphony, which is the apparently long awaited sequel to Wizard's Harmony on the Sega Saturn

David Byrne wants his jacket back

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

SelenicMartian posted:

Why do so many pieces try to present all DLC cases/costumes being included in LA Noire as a massive feature?

Probably because it's literally the only thing you can say about such a bland nonevent like LA Noire getting a new port. I mean, it's almost as old as Skyrim, but unlike Skyrim it wasn't a massive success that people still replay over and over to this day.

I could see some mild excitement about Skyrim on the Switch, but LA Noire?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

goferchan posted:

Little Dragon Cafe?

There's also My Time In Portia and Re:Legend supposedly coming to Switch, although my impression is those are more like open world games where you collect and build things. Might be of interest if you like cute games though.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Skyward Sword has some excellent dungeons.

puppets freak me out posted:

An option to skip the intro would be really welcome.
Also remove the whole "Fi explains what every object you pick up does every time you start a new session" thing.

I was 100% convinced that was the result of a mistake in Twilight Princess where your save file didn't record any "you've already picked this up" flags which is why it repeated every time you loaded your save. But then it came back in Skyward Sword.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Tender Bender posted:

Skyward Sword has some excellent dungeons.

I was 100% convinced that was the result of a mistake in Twilight Princess where your save file didn't record any "you've already picked this up" flags which is why it repeated every time you loaded your save. But then it came back in Skyward Sword.

In TP it only happened with rupee denominations; this is fixed in SS, but it happens to the collectible crafting ingredients.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/CaseyExplosion/status/980177689825939456?s=19

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Wasn't that also fixed in TPHD?

I enjoyed that remake because it fixed a bunch of the biggest Twilight Princess issues (shortened light drop bits, removed motion controls, fast wolf and item changes, Hero mode difficulty) and under all that is a pretty fun Zelda.

I think I'm in the minority though

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hey folks just want to say the the Switch is pretty good and Nintendo is a reliable company.

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Switch is perfect.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Yeah, I'm okay with that.

Gamer is a poison term, and I'll gladly take any opportunity to get out from under the same umbrella as this doofus. Call me a toy-player.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

tried the demo, bought the game, cringed at the awful logo for dq builders

what's this dorkus' name

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

tried the demo, bought the game, cringed at the awful logo for dq builders

what's this dorkus' name

bildrick

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hot take: maybe don’t base your self-identity around a hobby.

I play guitar for fun. But because I don’t make any money from playing guitar, and I’m not in a band, I don’t identify myself a guitarist. I’m just a dude who plays guitar.

Same goes for video games. I don’t play competitively and I don’t make money from playing them. I’m not a gamer, I’m just a dude who plays video games.

Once I realized that, I stopped obsessing over dumb video game drama poo poo and just played video games.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

lelandjs posted:

I play guitar for fun. But because I don’t make any money from playing guitar, and I’m not in a band, I don’t identify myself a guitarist. I’m just a dude who plays guitar.

Same goes for video games. I don’t play competitively and I don’t make money from playing them. I’m not a gamer, I’m just a dude who plays video games.

Once I realized that, I stopped obsessing over dumb video game drama poo poo and just played video games.

This is correct of course, but I'm still a really good toy-player.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

lelandjs posted:

And now you're a gamer.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Not Operator posted:

This is correct of course, but I'm still a really good toy-player.

toy-player-wither

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Infinitum posted:

In actual news how are they justifying the $60AUD price point on Penny Pinching Princess for what looks like a $15USD game?

Switch premium?

The coincidence of title and price is delicious.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/ewzzy/status/980446126598971392

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

no fair, he has infinite stock thanks to his dad (sakurai)

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Afro posted:

no fair, he has infinite stock thanks to his dad (sakurai)

Yeah, but he takes three days to respawn, so it’s balanced.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Smash Logo is upside down though, that means the Anti Christ is coming to Smash :ohdear:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Last night I undocked my switch and the backlight was on but the screen didn’t display anything and it was completely unresponsive. After like 10 minutes of holding the power button it shut down and I was able to restart it with no apparent ill effects.

I guess what I’m saying is please Nintendo for the love of all that is holy please implement a cloud save system.

I just got the mastercycle last night and I don’t want to go through all that again from a fresh start.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Looper posted:

bildrick

Shades of Lego Island.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Electric Phantasm posted:

The Smash Logo is upside down though, that means the Anti Christ is coming to Smash :ohdear:

Hail Satan confirmed for Smash. :woop:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

In smash melee single player you would fight random metal people and it would go like “METAL... Mario” or “METAL... Jigglypuff”

And one day my friend went “METAL...JESUS” and I still think of that

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Like......the YouTuber?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hey Evil Eagle, when's the Festival run of Soul Melter going up?

I don't know if anyone is crazy enough to try carrying Festival all the way to Void Soul alone... But I did do this today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9SlN9vnBiU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Feenix posted:

Moonlighter?

A Spider Covets posted:

Little Dragon Cafe?

There's also My Time In Portia and Re:Legend supposedly coming to Switch, although my impression is those are more like open world games where you collect and build things. Might be of interest if you like cute games though.

Moonlighter was what I was thinking of, thanks!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Looper posted:

bildrick

gently caress I already started with Erdrick before I saw this brilliance :(

Game seems fun though we'll see how it holds up when i start to become resource pinched on a given map

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I decided to take a break from Splatoon to pick up Xenocross again. I'm glad that Pyra was secretly blonde the whole time

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Evil Eagle posted:

I don't know if anyone is crazy enough to try carrying Festival all the way to Void Soul alone... But I did do this today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9SlN9vnBiU

Challenge runs are always a thing to try! (Spoilers for the post game boss)

Still, no hit runs are also super impressive. I know for a fact I can't do that because I get super impatient which usually results in me getting bonked

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
So how is the new kirby? Haven't tried a kirby since I beat the one with the introduction of super powers

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I'm having so much fun with DOOM and now all I want on the system is another high-octane FPS and failing that an FPS port.

Good lord when you rip the heart out of a gore nest and then the guitars start chugging and demons start teleporting in, there's nothing better than that.

Is the new Wolfenstein anywhere near this good? I remember hearing that it was a bit over-hyped.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Wolfenstein is good but much slower and more methodical. The second one especially forces stealth and cover shooting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Atlas Hugged posted:

I'm having so much fun with DOOM and now all I want on the system is another high-octane FPS and failing that an FPS port.

Good lord when you rip the heart out of a gore nest and then the guitars start chugging and demons start teleporting in, there's nothing better than that.

Is the new Wolfenstein anywhere near this good? I remember hearing that it was a bit over-hyped.

I was completely underwhelmed by the new one. It felt so lovely compared to Doom 2k16.

• Locked thread