Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

If it's burning a hole in your pocket Loki's Ragnarok uniform is the best choice because you then get one of the best cards in the game from the legendary battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

NmareBfly posted:

If it's burning a hole in your pocket Loki's Ragnarok uniform is the best choice because you then get one of the best cards in the game from the legendary battle.

That Loki uniform is also extremely good and makes Loki worth using. The Thor movie uniform also gives you a premium card but isn't quite as good as Loki's uniform.

I know people say it's fine to focus on characters you like, but Mega Mythic tickets are extremely rare and valuable. It's likely that you'll never get another one.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Huh. I guess I'll pocket it for a while. I'm at 5475 crystals and I'm trying to save up for Magneto, so I'm hesitant to blow them on Loki outfit (or even Panther outfit, for that matter, as much as I love Panther).

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm trying to decide what paywall character to put the bios in now that I've finished Spider-Man 2099. Its either Killmonger, Agent Venom or Ironheart.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

twistedmentat posted:

I'm trying to decide what paywall character to put the bios in now that I've finished Spider-Man 2099. Its either Killmonger, Agent Venom or Ironheart.

Venom > Ironheart > Killmonger

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Some sweet april deals on the front screen

Damienz
Sep 4, 2012

Got suckered in again and applied to Marble Hebrons.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Applying to Marble as Dandywalken.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The Inhuman side won that event? That is some grade A Bull Honkey. I guess I will have to use my X-Gene-Sub to get Colossus to 4 stars now. (And then ticket him to Five stars.)

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

lolol at Inhumans winning, not that I believe any of it. But I guess they closed off Xmen so quickly a lot of people probably just hopped on. Colossus stuck at 19/19/18/18 forever.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Our long national nightmare is over and now that Inhumans won the mutants can be removed from the game again. The people have spoken, wolverine just isn't cool anymore.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

It was me running rifts that won it! Just kidding, the guy in first had more than 10x the points I did.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I also fought for the Inhumans

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I love the idea that there are Netmarble Truthers out there raging. Its the perfect combination of bizarrely stupid and completely inconsequential.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

That’s any Marvel game for you. It gets really weird, which supplies a ton of laughs.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

The Dave posted:

lolol at Inhumans winning, not that I believe any of it. But I guess they closed off Xmen so quickly a lot of people probably just hopped on. Colossus stuck at 19/19/18/18 forever.

They close off whichever side has too many people whenever it happens, making the entire exercise basically a coin flip based on the exact time the event ends. It's stupid.

I sort of doubt the extra 20 bios you'd get for winning would have finished Colossus off though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

AzraelNewtype posted:

They close off whichever side has too many people whenever it happens, making the entire exercise basically a coin flip based on the exact time the event ends. It's stupid.

I sort of doubt the extra 20 bios you'd get for winning would have finished Colossus off though.

Well actually it would have been the exact number of bios needed to get him to 4* combined with the store ones. So its mildly annoying that they set it up so half the players got enough free bios to take him to 4* and half the players have him stick at 3* based on chance.

Of course its 3* vs 4* so it doesn't really matter. As you said you still probably have to pay money if you want to get him to 4/20, which is the real deal.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Oh yeah don’t get me wrong I don’t think there is any way I was getting him 420ed.

I used tickets on him as soon as I got him to 3 stars I think.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Yeah I was stuck on Inhumans so I got enough to get Colossus to 4*. It's not that shocking to me since we'd pull ahead every once in a while so we still stood a chance.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Was forced to pick Inhumans then forced over to Mutants. It’s whatever.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

The vs. events have always been pretty bad, because they force the teams to be pretty even then you get points for just doing what you've been doing anyway. It's a coin flip that you don't get to know the results from for a week. They should shard it out or something so a given individual could have an effect but right now even an individual megawhale would have a hard time moving the needle.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea, these events are always complete RNG on which side wins. Thankfully the rewards for winning are always minor, most of the rewards come from just doing missions or w/e during the event.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I've been consistently on the opposite side of what I'd want to be on after actually reading the stories they're based on so it's just me playing the game as normal but quietly seething with something not intense enough to be anger

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They're giving out so much free poo poo right now that I really can't get myself upset that they didn't give me a very small amount of particular free stuff I wanted and wonder about anyone who can.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Oh I'm not mad about the free stuff, I'm mad about nerd poo poo, huge difference

Please keep shoveling free goods into my gaping maw, tia

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I was kind of agreeing with you. Like some nerdy part of me is annoyed about missing out on 20 Colossus bios and disrupting my plan to work him up or not getting the nerdy comic side I wanted. But then I get another 300 bios or 6* selector or a dozen April Fools boxes and I realize I'm being silly.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Trivia mode was honestly the most insulting thing they've added recently, to me. I was hoping for some comics trivia but it's just inane questions about FF mechanics, I can't even bring myself to read and answer the questions properly each day, I just click random answers to finish it quickly.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I was also hoping for that, similar to the trivia thing that was in marvel ultimate alliance 2, but no it's just
"what's the bullshit you earn by the dozens used to upgrade punisher's jockstrap:

1. Gear-up kits
2. K-pop
3. Dirt
4. Block"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Again, its one of those things that is kind of stupid but also when I actually think about it I'm just getting annoyed by them giving me free energy every day and I realize I'm kind of being an rear end in a top hat.

Also I still don't have the Protect/Immune to All Damage/Invincible thing figured out. So I can't really take a high horse about the questions being too easy, even if they are and I'm just stupid.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

My favorite trivia are the handful that are like "What ability fears your enemy, making them run away in fear?" when the answer is "fear". Like they couldnt take a few seconds with a thesaurus or they just blindly translated everything from the Korean.

FF has spoiled me for other games, where's my max star mega rank up for a char of my choice in DC Legends or Star Wars Galaxies. You gotta hand out the freebies to get casuals invested.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I answer K-pop on any question I can. Don’t care if it’s only 5 energy.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

bagrada posted:

My favorite trivia are the handful that are like "What ability fears your enemy, making them run away in fear?" when the answer is "fear". Like they couldnt take a few seconds with a thesaurus or they just blindly translated everything from the Korean.

FF has spoiled me for other games, where's my max star mega rank up for a char of my choice in DC Legends or Star Wars Galaxies. You gotta hand out the freebies to get casuals invested.

I like the one that is something like "Where can you complete challenges?" and the answer is challenges.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I like to see how many of the trivias I can get right without even looking at the question. The only ones that are hard are when there are both guaranteed dodge and guaranteed crit as answers.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah it's silly but I've started to become reliant on that energy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Every day I basically use:

- as much energy as I racked up overnight.
- the daily challenges.
- the daily reset.
- 1-2 special sets of energy from logins or challenge rewards.
- the alliance story energy.
- the friend token energy.

The trivia energy has basically had the impact that I can save my alliance tokens and only buy that energy when I really need it (or am bored and want it). Which in turn saves some gold for me since I don't donate every single day like I do when I was buying them.

So its cool. I'm happy with it. Even if sometimes I get something wrong and feel real stupid.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Question, I have a bunch of bios building up and I’m wondering who I put them into.

I have Cable at 6/6 Stars at Level 56. So it’s tempting to advance him towards 60 to wreck Ultimate World Boss.

My other options are Quicksilver who is 6/1 stars and at 55.

Thanos is 4/1 Stars at level 46.

Lastly I have Scarlet Witch at 1 star and level 37. I could work at getting her to 6 stars to unlock the Apocalypse world boss battle.

The other option is I have all the X-Men at Tier 2 except for Storm. She’s on 774 M’Kran Shards and once I hit 1000 I will Tier 2 her. That will get me Jean Grey. She’s another Tier 2 I can funnel bios into, right?

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

The Question IRL posted:

Question, I have a bunch of bios building up and I’m wondering who I put them into.

I have Cable at 6/6 Stars at Level 56. So it’s tempting to advance him towards 60 to wreck Ultimate World Boss.

My other options are Quicksilver who is 6/1 stars and at 55.

Thanos is 4/1 Stars at level 46.

Lastly I have Scarlet Witch at 1 star and level 37. I could work at getting her to 6 stars to unlock the Apocalypse world boss battle.

The other option is I have all the X-Men at Tier 2 except for Storm. She’s on 774 M’Kran Shards and once I hit 1000 I will Tier 2 her. That will get me Jean Grey. She’s another Tier 2 I can funnel bios into, right?

I'd go Cable > QS > Jean > Thanos > Switch

Tempting to go for Jean right away but since you are relatively close on Cable and QS I'd finish them off first but going all out for Jean wouldn't be a bad idea either.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I'd do Cable and Quicksilver since they are relatively close while you work on Storm, then prioritize Jean over Thanos and SWitch. The last three all use a lot more bios than the first two and the black order.

Alternately you can work on Thanos in case he gets an overpowered infinity war costume but Jean will still likely be better. All of them are great and you cant go too wrong so if you have a personal preference have at it. They will all get there eventually. I just wouldn't rush to Apoc while you have a backlog of bio hungry t2s already.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'm currently prioritizing Thanos over the Black Order. Should I reverse that?

Also, about to level up Cable so I can unlock Scarlet Witch... but 9 million gold just to get him to 5*? Fuckin' game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

I'm currently prioritizing Thanos over the Black Order. Should I reverse that?

Also, about to level up Cable so I can unlock Scarlet Witch... but 9 million gold just to get him to 5*? Fuckin' game.

Thanos is much more useful than the rest of the Black Order, until and if they get rad costumes for the movie. He's expensive as hell to level up though. Keep in mind you'll want to get their gear up too and that is even more gold and bam/feathers.

Question for anyone more established with all the T2 meta chars in action. Now that you have Cable, Quicksilver, Hobo Thanos, Jean, Apoc and so on, is there anything you regularly use Dormammu and Odin for? Just curious if for instance there are certain SL levels they trivialize or if Dormammu is more timeline/conquest oriented or what. I've got Apocalypse to 59, so I'm trying to decide who is next. I have Dormammu at 5/5/50 (I wanted to finish the quest pack and had spare mats while working on feathers for Apoc), Adam Warlock at 3/3/34, Ebony Maw at 3/3/40, and Odin, Corvus, Black Dwarf and Supernova at 1/1/1. I might take a break from the big guys to work up the rest of the Black Order in prep for the movie.