Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

TerminalSaint posted:

How dare a feeeemale's personal grooming choices not be based on my preferences and ideals of femininity!

Edit: For real though, back when I played APB some pubbies would get irrationally upset about my avatar because she was a vaguely butch woman(think Vasquez from Aliens).

GTFO if your only goal isn’t my persistent arousal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Shadin posted:

GTFO if your only goal isn’t my persistent arousal.

If it lasts more than 4 hours, call a physician.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Roseanne tweeted about the Storm and now I am deeply sad that I did not know of this right wing conspiracy theory http://nymag.com/selectall/2017/12/qanon-4chan-the-storm-conspiracy-explained.html

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Defenestration posted:

Roseanne tweeted about the Storm and now I am deeply sad that I did not know of this right wing conspiracy theory http://nymag.com/selectall/2017/12/qanon-4chan-the-storm-conspiracy-explained.html

quote:

It’s the sort of place where neo-Nazis and people who believe women shouldn’t have basic human rights used to meet before we started verifying them on Twitter and electing them to public office.

Is that the guy who draws first dog on the moon? It sounds like him.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/979939231027073024

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah, seriously.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Clintons biggest mistake was going so far in on the "think of the children" stuff. Not because it was lazy, cliched, ignored economic issues, or whatever, but because it targeted people who LIKE the idea of Trump moving on their kids like a bitch and grabbing them by the pussy.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Holy poo poo, I can't think of any workplace that wouldn't fire you for tweeting this. Who is this guy?

Apparently a depressed gamergator chud who's now banned for the fourth time.

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 31, 2018

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Arglebargle III posted:

Holy poo poo, I can't think of any workplace that wouldn't fire you for tweeting this. Who is this guy?

Apparently a depressed gamergator chud who's now banned for the fourth time.

That's why doxing is so dangerous to these chuds. Look at all the dudes that get outed as nazis and are instantly fired from their job at Pizza Hut.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

DreamShipWrecked posted:

That's why doxing is so dangerous to these chuds. Look at all the dudes that get outed as nazis and are instantly fired from their job at Pizza Hut.

Then they whine and scream about "muh rights!!!!" and extreme freedom of speech and that and it's like...no. If you weren't a literal loving Nazi maybe people wouldn't hate you so much.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Then they whine and scream about "muh rights!!!!" and extreme freedom of speech and that and it's like...no. If you weren't a literal loving Nazi maybe people wouldn't hate you so much.

Out of all the things there are to be angry about, it’s odd that Americans like this not understanding what free speech actually is is almost at the top of my list. People saying that that kid asking people to boycott sponsors of that dumb Fox woman’s show is infringing on free speech makes me want to beat them to death with the Bill of Rights.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Regressing logic is FYGM.

FYGM logic is that little poo poo kid that constantly made rules that everyone had to follow, they could break and they always complain when they dont win.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

SSNeoman posted:

Yeah, seriously.

The above is awful and essentially a threat.

This one is sorta funny though:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Can't tell if I'm more pissed at attacking children or using fallout to do it...

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Jay Z isn't his real name?! :vince:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

his original name was drumpf-z

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Mo_Steel posted:

10 Real Names Of Rappers They’d Rather You Didn’t Know

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Mo_Steel posted:

It's shocking how fake people can be. I have it on good authority that Evilweasel isn't even a mustelid.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Next you're going to tell me that Prince wasn't actual royalty.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Next you're going to tell me that Prince wasn't actual royalty.

Well he abdicated

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Nobody in Aerosmith has ever flown a plane or smithed so much as a nail.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I assumed they all worked at a plant putting bubbles in chocolate.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Helen Highwater posted:

It's shocking how fake people can be. I have it on good authority that Evilweasel isn't even a mustelid.

What!?

Please address this goon's scandalous claims!

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Mystic Mongol posted:

What!?

Please address this goon's scandalous claims!
I don't think he posts in this thread does he...?

And dammit... the EW beacon should only be used for "emergencies" (read as pointless legal questions we're too non-lawyer to understand)

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Jesus Christ

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
I do love how Emma Gonzalez is almost perfectly the person most able to trigger the absolute poo poo out of these conservative fucks and I hope she never stops. That said, goddamn the poo poo she has to take on a daily basis, gently caress.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Even if this was true, which it isn't, Cruz had already graduated from high school when he shot the place up. If something made him "snap," it couldn't have been the students, who he was no longer interacting with.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Why are these fucks turning a spree killer into a misunderstood antihero

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Because 'hey maybe we should do something about being knee-deep in guns' is basically like injecting super-rabies directly into some people's brains.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Ashcans posted:

Because 'hey maybe we should do something about being knee-deep in guns' is basically like injecting super-rabies directly into some people's brains.

Shout out to my Big Murder bros

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Gun Whataboutism.

Remember, Harris and Klebold were said to have been bullied loners for a while too.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

I love these kids for pushing the issue just a tiny amount so that the gun lobby people have to up the ante from indirectly saying dead kids is an acceptable cost to just flat out being the thin-skinned garbage people they really are.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

Taerkar posted:

Gun Whataboutism.

Remember, Harris and Klebold were said to have been bullied loners for a while too.
That's still the dominant narrative in many cases. I actually believed it myself until I read David Cullen's gigantic research book Columbine. He gave a conference presentation on his findings that Eric Harris was far along the path to being a full-on psychopath rather than a misunderstood loner. There was a bit of silence at the end, then the first audience commenter said, "Uh, I don't think he was on the way to becoming a psychopath. Based on your findings, I think he was a full-fledged psychopath."

Eric didn't want to go on a shooting spree: he'd intended to detonate bombs in the school cafeteria during lunch, then shoot at people fleeing. He had hoped to blow up the entire school if he could. Fortunately he wasn't a very good bomb-maker.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Because guns can never be the problem, especially when white people are using them.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

:prepop:

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

as others have said, this is very much a byproduct of the media coverage after Columbine. They played the narrative that they were bullied loners that had just finally snapped so they created this idea that school shooters are themselves victims. Most of the later analysis after Columbine paints a pretty clear picture of Harris being a straight up psychopath and Klebold had virtually no anger management abilities that idolized Harris. so while they were bullied in high school it certainly wasn't what caused Columbine. Unfortunately those reports all came out after the interest had died down so it didn't receive the same kind of attention and now most media outlets use Columbine coverage as a sort of template for future shootings so you get something similar for almost every one of them, at least for a few minutes. There was actually a good Twitter thread recently about this https://twitter.com/sarahhollowell/status/974362294929981441?s=19

I suspect it also has something to do with it being easier for people to accept a kid snapping because of abuse than it is to accept a kid just being a straight up killer. The same way some people prefer the idea that school shootings are false flags perpetrated by a shadowy cabal, because at least in that narrative there was a reason for it and someone was in control of it happening instead of the reality that someone just felt like killing kids that day.

Scruff McGruff fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 2, 2018

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Never mind that when we see kids that are actually getting bullied and react with self-harm or suicide, we're sure to get a ton of 'Oh what a snowflake, they should have toughened up, words can't hurt you :rolleyes:' reactions from the same crowd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Ashcans posted:

Never mind that when we see kids that are actually getting bullied and react with self-harm or suicide, we're sure to get a ton of 'Oh what a snowflake, they should have toughened up, words can't hurt you :rolleyes:' reactions from the same crowd.

Well duh, tough men shoot up a school.