Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

dude spoiler poo poo from upcoming episodes...that is rude as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Taear posted:

The zombie fell down the stairs and nobody woke up.
I just can't deal with that.

This was the greatest 5 seconds in television history. moist turtleneck are you feeling magnanimous today? Maybe with your patented exploding body parts attached to the end of it?

Stickarts fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Apr 1, 2018

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Taear posted:

The zombie fell down the stairs and nobody woke up.
I just can't deal with that.

This is actually inexplicable

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Stumbling zombie not waking up anyone isn’t even in the top 3 bullshit things they wrote that episode.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Well, I don't know about you fellas, but I'm HYPED to the gills to see how they are going to top their previous fuckups in this coming episode... Can it be done?

Yes.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Do savior's respawn if you go slightly off screen and walk back like in an NES game?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Stumbling zombie not waking up anyone isn’t even in the top 3 bullshit things they wrote that episode.

It's just so in your face though. There's no way to explain it other than "That was badly done".

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blaise330 posted:

Do savior's respawn if you go slightly off screen and walk back like in an NES game?

No they have a wave-respawn style like Battlefield.

You can clearly see this when like 40 people show up to attack Hilltop and after 80 of them die all 40 appear at the same spawn point behind a bus

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You missed the symbolism in the zombie falling from such a height, smashing off every step like an out of control rag doll, before landing with a dull thud nobody cared about

The zombie is the show

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dawn of The Walking Dead posted:

Confused Viewer: ..they're still watching.

The Cast: They're after an ending. They know we're still going.

AMC: They're after the show. They don't know why, they just remember. Remember that it's Sunday and on Sunday they watch The Walking Dead. Like they always have.

Confused Viewer: What the hell are they?

Gimple: They're us, that's all, when there's no more room in hell.

Confused Viewer: What?

Gimple: Something Darabont used to tell us. You know, a professional? Practical Voodoo to me. When we fired him he told us, "When there's no more room in hell, the damned will watch The Walking Dead."

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Blazing Ownager posted:

No they have a wave-respawn style like Battlefield.

You can clearly see this when like 40 people show up to attack Hilltop and after 80 of them die all 40 appear at the same spawn point behind a bus

You missed the symbolism in the zombie falling from such a height, smashing off every step like an out of control rag doll, before landing with a dull thud nobody cared about

The zombie is the show

Credit where credit is due, not often you see red shirts with more plot armor than most of the secondary cast.

On a side note.... kid....you can shoot through a fence, you dont have to open the gate to walk approx 18 inches closer. Nice to know we have a new young Carl "kid does dumb things cause plot"

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Gortarius posted:

Well, I don't know about you fellas, but I'm HYPED to the gills to see how they are going to top their previous fuckups in this coming episode... Can it be done?

Yes.

:agreed: This has been me since about a third of the way through last season. I actually liked the Lucille episode where Glen and Abe died and back then I still had some hope things were going to turn around with the introduction of the Saviours. I was hoping the injection of new characters and the All Out War story that ultimately leads to the 2-year timeskip would be the shake-up the show needed to revitalise itself and get better.

Instead it went the way it did and I'm Dexter-watching it now. The All Out War Arc should never have lasted longer than 8 episodes tops.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cactus posted:

Instead it went the way it did and I'm Dexter-watching it now. The All Out War Arc should never have lasted longer than 8 episodes tops.

I bet I could get 12 out of it.

12 episodes for the last 3 seasons.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
I went to set the dvr to make sure i recorded the next episode of amc's the walking deads, and the episode description sounds literally like hot hog poo poo lmao tonight's episode is like the platonic ideal of filler episode in a show entirely of filler episodes

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

crazy cloud posted:

I went to set the dvr to make sure i recorded the next episode of amc's the walking deads, and the episode description sounds literally like hot hog poo poo lmao tonight's episode is like the platonic ideal of filler episode in a show entirely of filler episodes

:laffo:

quote:

A Heaps prisoner makes a discovery; Carol searches for someone in the nearby forest; Rick and Morgan find themselves in the company of strangers.

What the gently caress is a "Heaps?"

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
we, the viewers, are heaps

Caros
May 14, 2008

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

:laffo:

What the gently caress is a "Heaps?"

Canon name for the garbage people? Would be Negan, then.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.
Maybe Negan finds out where the helicopter is parked.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Walking Dead is the new Doom 3

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Boinks posted:

Walking Dead is the new Doom 3

idgi

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

oh wait its too dark :grin:

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I thought this was a Doom code at first

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
lets go pointless episode with some meaning before the finale!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
What the poo poo? No really just tell me what the poo poo?

Negan speaks for us all tonight

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

"All I did was punch myself in the dick."

Negan really is channeling the show watchers tonight.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
So I'm binging through FTWD s3 and just watched the mid-season finale and good god this show is so superior to TWD in every goddamn aspect it's dumbfounding. Better writing, directing(the cinematography is downright beautiful at times), acting, music(both score and popular). There are still a couple of plot contrivances but when they happen infrequently it's easy to forgive. I actually care about these characters.

If you haven't watched it, do so. Starts a bit slow but is worth it.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Henry deserves to die.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Why not just put Negan on a loving train track or something at this point?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I agree with Negan: What the poo poo?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Well that’s new and unexpected.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

DarklyDreaming posted:

What the poo poo? No really just tell me what the poo poo?

Negan speaks for us all tonight

Not empty quoting

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

tomapot posted:

Not empty quoting

The Walking Dead S8 - 'What the poo poo?'

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rick what the gently caress are you doing

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Rick's basically taking the Renegade route through a Mass Effect game, just with less competence.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Haha, holy poo poo the main characters are evil pieces of poo poo

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
loving kill yourself, rick

Do it

Fake edit: he didn't do it show sux

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The rear end in a top hat’s death was pretty cool considering all the poo poo he did. Morgan with the kill of the month.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That looks like the exact same tree her daughter was hiding under.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

The show really couldn't have come up with a less contrived way of communicating the uninteresting piece of information "Lucile was named after Negan's wife" than to take us on yet another trip to garbageland that is made meaningless moments later?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

LegendaryFrog posted:

The show really couldn't have come up with a less contrived way of communicating the uninteresting piece of information "Lucile was named after Negan's wife" than to take us on yet another trip to garbageland that is made meaningless moments later?

It sucks because that explanation in the comics was a pretty good moment and also very silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Carol being happy someone isn't a total gently caress up says something about her expectations for everyone else.