Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So I can use the gift to add a slot, and then still re-roll one of the stats as well, correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
yes

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Also if you rolled a socket into a weapon you can roll the socket into another stat and then gift it to get the socket back.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m up to 428 paragon, and GR74. The only piece of gear I’m still missing is Focus (set ring).

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
You are a bell monk right? I'd recommend a CoE/Zodiac or CoE/Unity (+Unity on your follower) over Focus/Restraint.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Eh for softcore f/r is probably better

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Eh, I say that as a SC bell monk.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
my first primal-

lol

Vakal
May 11, 2008

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

my first primal-

lol

I'd roll the cooldown to thorns damage.

wei
Jul 27, 2006
Thorns is a secondary. I'd roll life regen to attack speed and stick it on your follower or use it in a zbarb/znec build. Alternatively, FR -> globe healing for a zmonk build.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I don't know if cooldown reduction works on followers or not. It probably doesn't.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Star Man posted:

I don't know if cooldown reduction works on followers or not. It probably doesn't.

I'm pretty sure someone tested it and the answer is "it does, but who the gently caress cares".

Those 15 souls sure will come in handy.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Ill probably throw it on a follower, though generally speaking what stats should you prioritize on followers? I only ever focus on the items that give raw abilities like oculus, thunderfury, scourge, azurewrath, etc. They won't die so long as you have the legendary accessory, so just try and build up their damage as much as possible?

On another note-

I got bored of my DMO wizard, hit GR 80 with an R6 barbarian, and now am using him to spec out a monk. I know that Sunwuko WoL is generally regarded as the top monk build for pushing right now, but I'm under the impression that it's sort of squishy/long range and I don't really wanna jump back into that playstyle since I'm playing HC.

Is Uliana the next best for rifts? I like that the gameplay seems a bit more involved and it looks like they got rid of some of the snapshot mechanics which just seemed like a hassle.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
CDR on your Templar or Enchantress is a MASSIVE boost for soloing GRs. That’s a lot more healing and CC

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I'm at the annoying stage where I can do GR67 but not GR70, and no upgrades are dropping or rolling. GR68 is tight but doable, and I got an unbeatable boss the one time I tried it.

Also the Monkey Dungeon is bugged, it spawned three less enemies than needed for mastery. I know this because I got to that point with over a minute to go and explored the entire place before the limit.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Jedit posted:

I'm at the annoying stage where I can do GR67 but not GR70, and no upgrades are dropping or rolling. GR68 is tight but doable, and I got an unbeatable boss the one time I tried it.

Also the Monkey Dungeon is bugged, it spawned three less enemies than needed for mastery. I know this because I got to that point with over a minute to go and explored the entire place before the limit.

Farm 20 Keys and go fishing, you’ll nail a 70 with minutes to spare if you reasonably do a 67

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Jedit posted:

If it's anything like Uliana's set dungeon, enemies can spawn stuffed in odd corners which causes them to not show up on the minimap until you gain full LOS on them.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Jedit posted:

Can you post your build? If you are wearing sunwuko, you must have almost no other supporting legendaries at all if you can't annihilate a 70.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Can you post your build? If you are wearing sunwuko, you must have almost no other supporting legendaries at all if you can't annihilate a 70.

Standard Epiphany version. Just got up to 600k damage, gems leveled to 40+, but I don't have two ancient weapons yet and my COE is pretty low roll. I would have done GR68 except I got the Mallet Lord boss and he was instagibbing me with his adds.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Post your build, SWK bells smashes t13/70s with no ancients

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

GTJustin posted:

Post your build, SWK bells smashes t13/70s with no ancients

Same one I used last time Bells was the season build, and I finished that doing GRs somewhere in the 80s with Conqueror complete - I don't play that hard.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Jedit posted:

Same one I used last time Bells was the season build, and I finished that doing GRs somewhere in the 80s with Conqueror complete - I don't play that hard.

Post your gear lol

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Post your gear lol

Oh, right. Where would I find that?

I did manage the GR70 in about 9 minutes I think, so I have room to progress a little, but I got instagibbed once so it wasn't as easy as I'd like.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Jedit posted:

I did manage the GR70 in about 9 minutes I think, so I have room to progress a little, but I got instagibbed once so it wasn't as easy as I'd like.

I searched for my b.net tag and it pulled up. I would drop sixth sense/harmony for NDE, depending on what your secondary res looks like.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Jedit posted:

I'm a rat necro but I don't think that's that unusual. I can get instagibbed in t13 if I get unlucky but I can finish grift 80 without fishing.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Jedit posted:

Swap Guardians Path for Near-Death Experience

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I wish people would stop abbreviating Rathma as "rat" and that Necros instead had a skill that would summon a plague of rats.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there any way to see my gear/etc online if I play on a console?

Also, when you guys are talking about entering a GR and seeing low density or whatever, and then quitting... Do you lose a GR key for doing that? Or is there a grace period where you can reload a new GR layout without losing the key?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Apr 2, 2018

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

RCarr posted:

Is there any way to see my gear/etc online if I play on a console?

Also, when you guys are talking about entering a GR and seeing low density or whatever, and then quitting... Do you lose a GR key for doing that? Or is there a grace period where you can reload a new GR layout without losing the key?

Not that I know of, PC only.

Nope, key burnt.

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

I was hoping that the cursed chest conquest would be pretty easy as a bell monk. I was only able to kill 250 on Cursed Peat, though. Is that something that you really need multiple players to handle?

I was hoping to avoid doing eight set dungeons; already done The Thrill and the solo GR 75.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Remember it only has to be done on TX, shift your skills around a bit to never run out of spirit, maybe some extra attack speed. It's easily done solo so long as you're killing everything in one hit.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Easily done solo. For MS demon hunters. :v:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What's the point of doing the set dungeons? I mastered the Sunwuko's one and didn't get anything for it?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RCarr posted:

What's the point of doing the set dungeons? I mastered the Sunwuko's one and didn't get anything for it?

Season Journey requires 1

A Conquest requires 8

Doing all 4 for a class unlocks a dumb pendant thing on your back

Doing all 4 for all 8 (non necro) characters unlocks new wings

The rewards are dumb, just do em for fun if you want to.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

mentalcontempt posted:

I was hoping that the cursed chest conquest would be pretty easy as a bell monk. I was only able to kill 250 on Cursed Peat, though. Is that something that you really need multiple players to handle?

I was hoping to avoid doing eight set dungeons; already done The Thrill and the solo GR 75.

Unless you're a DH, probably. I did manage over 330 as Bell Monk with my rift setup; I might be able to do 350 in the set dungeon setup. I'd prefer to find a DH though.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

mentalcontempt posted:

Easy, just do Sprinter/Speed Racer. :shepface:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

mentalcontempt posted:

Hardcore Thrill
Hardcore gr75

Or spend 1 minute playing with other people to get Curses

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

playing with other people

you must be new here

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Oh man after struggling to complete GR95 in time. I got GR 96 down on the first try.

Sometimes it just goes your way.

Edit: Got GR97 in time on 2nd try :toot:

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Apr 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I'm having just the worst RNG this season. GR700 and I'm still only wearing 3 ancients, both of my weapons are not gifted, 2 total gifts (both burned on my now dead first character) and I finally got my first primal of the season.

I'm not surprised by dumb and bad primals but overall I'm just not getting poo poo done despite the time put in. I will say though, mindless T13 rift farming with a kitted out bell monk and a maxed BotH is satisfying. *BWONG* [explosion of yellow] [zips into the sunset]