Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Inventing a computer capable of appreciating them I suppose is mildly less infuriating in a weird way. And might actually justify the creation of a computer to make more of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

What I don’t understand is why QAnon doesn’t co-opt already existing programs. I think the FBI program for human trafficking victims is called Polaris, IIRC. Cool name. Also the name of United Airlines new business class product and a nuclear missile program. The only problem was the Obama DOJ ran it.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

QAnon is the belief that the fictional government that agrees with their politics will fight the real government that is moored in reality. Adding reality to the fiction would ruin it.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

quote:

[–]NC-Stern-MarkDo you believe in coincidences? - Q 3 points 4 hours ago

If you don't hear anything about this by October its because you never will. Lots of us have been waiting for things to start happening. (March Madness...)

They need to start happening soon if they are going to happen at all. IG report comes out in April. Subpoenas, warrants, arrests, trial should be happening all through May to November...

My stars, the Executive branch is against child prostitution? This must *all* be real then.

quote:

[–]brittserExpand your thinking. - Q 2 points 2 hours ago

The WH website states Trump is working to end human trafficking. Roseanne is right, factual. But with @jack facts don't matter. Check out @Cernovich’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/980158109090955264?s=09

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man

Uglycat posted:

Scale of 1 to 10, how upset would you be to discover that this 'idiots all around' sowing discord in America are, in fact, operatives working on a sophisticated psyops attack funded by russian oligarchs and executed by state actors?

This borders on the same "actually everything I don't like about reality is the result of a secret villainous hypersophisticated cabal destroying the world" paranoia that got these idiots started on this track in the first place.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
I hope Trump or his idiot oldest son learns about Qanon and ends up believing it completely.

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Ague Proof posted:

I hope Trump or his idiot oldest son learns about Qanon and ends up believing it completely.

And they make a half-assed cryptic post about it on Twitter sending the peanut gallery into an absolute loving frenzy.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

^^They are such trolls they will inevitably do it, if only to encourage it.

Kinsky posted:

This borders on the same "actually everything I don't like about reality is the result of a secret villainous hypersophisticated cabal destroying the world" paranoia that got these idiots started on this track in the first place.
Pretty much, yes. The thing is there are actual foreign agents but seeing them behind every idiots just make it easier for them to do their job.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

Kinsky posted:

But like, every intelligence agency in the world agrees that Russia has been engaging in sophisticated misinformation psyops all over the world for at least the last decade through social media... It's not crazy paranoia to think that Qanon could just be an extension of that. I mean it's fine if you think that it's more likely to be a basement chud seeking anonymous internet kudos or whatever, but being completely closed off to the idea that it could be part of the larger Russian misinformation campaign that we know for a fact is a thing is pretty odd. I'm certainly open to both possibilities, but it just seems like it being Russia is more likely, IMO, since it fits their M.O. pretty nicely.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Rape Stink posted:

But like, every intelligence agency in the world agrees that Russia has been engaging in sophisticated misinformation psyops all over the world for at least the last decade through social media... It's not crazy paranoia to think that Qanon could just be an extension of that. I mean it's fine if you think that it's more likely to be a basement chud seeking anonymous internet kudos or whatever, but being completely closed off to the idea that it could be part of the larger Russian misinformation campaign that we know for a fact is a thing is pretty odd. I'm certainly open to both possibilities, but it just seems like it being Russia is more likely, IMO, since it fits their M.O. pretty nicely.

We do it too. Centcom was doing it during the Arab spring. We were probably doing it first.

This is a thing that is happening that nations do now.

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Rape Stink posted:

The scale, scope, and impact of the disinfo campaign are still very much unknown, and the concrete examples we've seen of it are almost entirely random and barely competent rehashes of the same insanity already being parroted by mouth breathers like Alex Jones and Mike Cernovich. Conversely, 4chan, especially /pol/, is and always has been a hotbed for edgelord teenage basement dwellers who have been engaging in this exact breed of bullshit since the early 2000s. Please explain how an elite KGB hacker genius supercell is a more likely culprit than unwashed randos grasping for more drama in their empty lives.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

Kinsky posted:

Please explain how an elite KGB hacker genius supercell is a more likely culprit than unwashed randos grasping for more drama in their empty lives.

Because they've been doing it on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media for a while now. Not just in the US, but all over Europe as well. They've gotten really good at it, especially at making it look organic.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...n-a8164526.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.f6741767d46d
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.d3e09353f50f
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/12/us/politics/russian-disinformation-aids-fake-news.html

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
I'm enjoying that this is my top Google hit for "qanon" and I hope it is for a bunch of Qtards too and is sending them into paroxysms of rage:

quote:

Who is QAnon? The Storm Conspiracy, Explained - NYMag
nymag.com/selectall/2017/12/qanon-4chan-the-storm-conspiracy-explained.html

Dec 19, 2017 - The Storm Is the New Pizzagate — Only Worse. ... A new conspiracy theory called “The Storm” has taken the grimiest parts of the internet by, well, storm. ... On October 28, someone calling themselves Q began posting a series of cryptic messages in a /pol/ thread titled “Calm Before ...
‎Calm Before the Storm · ‎How Do You Solve a Problem ... · ‎Paris Martineau

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
It's too long to post, but the Q arguments in r/conspiracy are just precious: https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/7sb1x4/qanon_the_storm_the_awakening_and_why_it_should/

quote:

Whether Q is truly representing the good guys trying to drain the swamp or is an intelligence psych-op to consolidate power, is anybody's guess. However, Q's portrayal in the mainstream media leads me to believe my first assumption. It should not come as a surprise it is lumped in with other conspiracies that many of us believe to be true.[quote]

The *real* crazy is that r/conspiracy has conspiracy theories *about* Q:

[quote]Sigh. The 'proofs of Q' list is getting pretty tiresome to be quite honest. What exactly do those things prove? They prove that Q is privy to high level intel, right?

That's literally it! That's all they prove!

Correlations between Q posts/claims and real events do absolutely nothing to prove the intentions of the Q activity or the legitimacy of the overall narrative that corruption at all levels is being gutted out and humanity 'saved'.

Q could very well be a psychological operation to keep people occupied and chasing a fictional white rabbit while, essentially, a power struggle takes place between different Cabal factions -- which is what I'm betting is the case. In fact, I'm betting it is a Zionist psy-op, given what I'm about to explain (and include in a recent post).

[LARGE AMOUNTS OF CRAZY REDACTED IN THE INTERESTS OF TIME]

If you step aside from the Q Anon narrative and look at the facts -- both those that Q directs you to as well as those that they divert you from -- there's little other than a nice, warm, comforting story about 'white hats' saving everybody.

Complacency, sitting back and waiting to be saved, pretty much makes you as useless to the good of humanity as somebody who spends half their time on their knees praying to fictional characters from other, well known and circulated, storybooks.

Stop focusing on the correlations and claiming that they prove the narrative. The only prove the connection - not the narrative. Those correlations could well have been engineered for the express purpose of convincing you to believe in the legitimacy of the narrative.

So the argument is that Q *is* a Trump insider, and the things they're predicting are indeed coming true, but their postings are secretly nefarious attempts to pacify the True Truth Seekers and keep them away from yet deeper truths involving Zionists and lord knows what else.

The OP had a link to something about "35 world events that Q accurately predicted" but apparently The Deep State killed off that subreddit:

quote:

CBTS_Stream: banned

Fortunately someone saved it on another format: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/949272861969182721.html

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
gently caress it, we'll do it live: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/949272861969182721.html

quote:

"35 World Events That Support Q's Posts are True and He is an Insider”— Edited and formatted for Twitter. Also, corrections made. Let’s add supporting links, images, and articles where they are not already included. reddit.com/r/CBTS_Stream/…
① For 2 days before Saudi Arabia events that Assange called "the puppet taking the hand", Q was focusing on Saudi Arabia. The arrests there ended the power of one of three families who control much of the world. #QAnon /1
As well as dealing a blow to child trafficking around the world and ushering in reforms in a repressive culture. The Bushes and Clintons were controlled by these people through money/blackmail. #QAnon /2
Q said the main goal was to free the world of the 3 families who control the world and treat its citizens as $ machines, and that what happened in SA would happen in America, Europe & Asia. We have seen the destabilization of corruption in the following news stories: #QAnon /3
Merkel forced to hold snap elections in 4 months (now 3) due to failing to form a government. Iran rocked by serious protests of unknown meaning or origin. 3 African nations have changed regimes in 3 months. #QAnon /4
Japan's leader has announced his retirement. Pakistan has had their aid pulled, and has been experiencing riots. American families told to leave. NoKo has agreed to talks with SoKo. Soros and his reliable friends have been challenged on their corruption in the EU. #QAnon /5
Merkel's potential fall has destabillized he already tipsy EU. The powerful UN Human Rights Committee leader has announced his retirement after only 3 years. & Our President has removed much aid from The UN. #QAnon /6
Jerusalem has finally officially been recognized as the capital of Israel. 3 nations have announced they are changing their currency to Cryptocurrency (Bangledesh, Venezuela, and Estonia). #QAnon /7
South Africa has announced it will nationalize its central bank taking back control of their economy. A massive number of resignations/early retirements among American politicians and CEO's. Isis, which many said would take 5 years to defeat, has collapsed. #QAnon /8
② Q sent a pic of Harrisburg, PA that looks like it was taken from 3 mile Island, a Nuke plant off limits to the public located on the island. #QAnon /9
③ Q sent a picture taken from the flight path of Air Force 1 at the the same time that AF1 was crossing over it. Image was reverse searched and verified as a new photo. People on 4chan calculated this. #QAnon /10
④ Quality, quantity and freshness of intel in Q's posts. When has a LARP lasted for 250 threads? Q's codes and over thousands of questions are strategically structured to augment our search for the answers. Months to plan & research them even if Q is Military Intel. #QAnon /11
⑤ Q said massive arrests. Then came between 2400 and 9000 sealed indictments listed in 10 weeks nationwide, unprecedented. Another stated goal of the mission is to purge the government of pedos and corrupt politicians & the country of corporate corruption and gangs. #QAnon /12
⑥ Q said deep cover CIA news anchors were being removed, and asked what anchor would not be on his show that night. That night Anderson Cooper disappeared from CNN, not returning for weeks. Olbermann had a sudden departure and hasn't returned. Matt Lauer was removed. #QAnon /13
Was sexual harassment the only reason? Or—as with dirty congressmen—was this the tip of the iceberg? #QAnon /14
⑦ Has a LARP ever gone 10 weeks without being exposed, captivating 100's of thousands, hitting 6 million impressions on twitter, having 2 trip codes compromised (beyond capability of everyday computers), and been verified by other trusted intel veterans? #QAnon /15
⑧ Q said there would be outages of social media, twitter, snapchat. ISP’s across the country reported massive outages. #QAnon /16
⑨ Q said politicians have been recruited to help the mission. Then Brazile's book comes out and she states she was afraid for her life after Seth Rich murder. Feinstein goes on CNN and says there is no evidence of collusion. #QAnon /17
⑩ Antifa/Riots no showed! Q had posted about riots and plan to declare martial law & National Guard was already activated, meaning the president could take control of them directly if civil unrest broke out. Q later said this was a threat to them and they backed off. #QAnon /18
⑪ Intense and sophisticated brigading: Trying to delete history of drops, co-opting threads to post multiple threads to get mods to ban /pol/. Killing stickied links, posting false stickied links, getting thrown off /pol/, /pol/ becoming corrupted. #QAnon /19
8chan corrupted as well. Q claimed his trip code was decoded. This would take a super computer. Q claimed it was Snow White that did it. Snow White is code for The CIA and its 7 A.I. computers which are each named for the 7 Dwarves. #QAnon /20
⑫ Change in response to Trump over Obama: its not about his personality! Something in the World power structure has changed. In Saudi Arabia he participated in a sword dance which is done there before going into battle. In China he was invited into the Forbidden city. #QAnon /21
Even as he gave speeches saying that trade laws had to be more fair to America he seemed to be treated like a conquering hero. Q posts indicated that the worlds leaders are forming an alliance to take out the Rothschilds network of central banks. #QAnon /22
⑬ Early Q posts lead one to believe Obama became an asset. His relationships and knowledge after 8 years would allow DJT to act quickly with good intel. Obama would have tried to make a deal knowing Trump and the Nation wanted prosecutions. #QAnon /23
Remember how Trump looked when he came out of their first meeting that lasted 3 times as long as scheduled? Did Obama tell him how powerful the Deep State really is and make a deal to help overcome them? Q said politicians were being recruited to help with the mission. #QAnon /24
He asked who was helping—and then began asking about Obama. Q often gives the answer to the 1st question in the 2nd question. He asked who knew where the bodies were buried. Much later he asked again and answered it—The person who put them there. Was that Obama? #QAnon /25
⑭ Number of posts and comments on Q has changed how search engines auto fill queries: Facebook, Twitter, and 4chan—all buzzing. Google auto complete response to "when is HRC going to"...fills to PRISON due to all the posting on this topic partly because of Q. #QAnon /26
⑮ News programs are retracting fake news. Something behind the scenes has changed for them to do that. Q talked about the fake news and that it would get dealt with. He also said only 20% of what is happening will be public and the rest would be behind the scenes. #QAnon /27
⑯ Q said pedos and sex trafficking would be stopped. Huge number of sexual predators, traffickers and child traffickers have been arrested. Not just in America but in Saudi Arabia, Jamaica and other countries. Q said the rings would be busted up. #QAnon /28
He also said the trade is paused right now, but can't be stopped completely until all are arrested. Research in another post shows 5000 world wide arrests, as of last month. Furthermore, Trump's two executive orders against Human Rights and Human Trafficking. #QAnon /29
⑰ Anon's having familiarity with the military have confirmed that Q's multiple complex "stringers" of code are legit military code and not just jibberish. Here are examples of Q's stringers that lists charges filed in military court. #QAnon /30
Imgur
Post with 2424 views.
https://imgur.com/a/O9M0P
It's been decoded to show charges including maiming, mutiny, sedition (punishable by death), extortion, and that someone is pleading diminished capacity. Q talked about advantages of trying in military court and conditions for a civilian to be tried in military court. #QAnon /31
⑱ News reports Guantanamo prison facilities are upgraded. Disabled wheel chair access added. Number of secure listening rooms with secure phone lines are added. Capacity for high profile prisoners expanded from 700 to 2000. #QAnon /32
⑲ Defense Secretary has made a ritual visit to troops in combat zones for the holidays for the past 15 years. General Mattis makes an unprecedented unannounced visit to Guantanamo instead, breaking tradition. Unless—GITMO is now a combat zone. #QAnon /33
Mattis nixes holiday tradition of seeing troops in war zones
For only the second time since 9/11, America's defense secretary didn't visit U.S. troops in a war zone during December, breaking a long-standing tradition.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-mattis-war-zone-tradition-20171231-story,amp.html
⑳ Q said a lot of MS-13 gang members would be arrested. In fairness, several arrests were made before Q started posting. If a LARP wanted to appear as an insider, would he have gambled on even more arrests or said that they were probably done?#QAnon /34
duckduckgo.com/?q=ms13+arrest…
Q also said these gangs were being arrested because they had been used by the Dem party to commit crimes including Murder. He said that MS-13 members had killed Seth Rich on orders from Podesta. #QAnon /35
㉑ On 12/5 Cornyn announced his resignation, allowing for the understanding of 12/5 Q code post that Al Frankin would resign. After resisting, and despite more accusers coming forward, two days later he announced his resignation. #QAnon /36
Imgur
Post with 1795 views.
https://imgur.com/a/p0nSd
Q posed weeks earlier that many congressmen will be forced to retire early or resign to avoid prosecution. At the time, 10 congressmen had done so. He stated there would be more—to date 40 congressmen have resigned or announced retirement at the end of their term. #QAnon /37
㉒ On 12/3 Q said to be sure to get on 8chan tomorrow. He said, "the story unfolds". On 12/4 the Strzok story broke. It continually grew to a story the press talked about for a week. Wednesday 12/5 the IG's report on the FBI handling of the HRC investigation came out. #QAnon /38
㉓ Q looses access to 8chan twice after loosing access on 4chan. 8chan confirmed Q's trip code was compromised. This takes a great deal of effort. Who works this hard to shut down a LARPER? Some say it would take very sophisticated computers (CIA Snow White) #QAnon /39
㉔ 12/15 Q said "SEC Conf will be analyzed. Dark [10]. Enjoy the show" The next day Atlanta airport was shutdown for 10 hours due to a power failure. Q later posted this was intentional act by blackhats to cover the attempted escape of a Bishop in the cult. Soros? #QAnon /40
㉕ 11/23 Q posted Alaweed being hung upside down and tortured by American contractors. Its hard to imagine that anyone not knowing what to look for would be able to reveal so many stories the same day they broke, covered by only a few sites. #QAnon /41
'American mercenaries' are torturing arrested Saudi princes
A source in Saudi Arabia tells DailyMail.com that American security contractors are involved in stringing up arrested princes and businessman as part of Crown Prince Mohammed's power grab.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5108651/American-mercenaries-torturing-Saudi-princes.html
㉖ Q stated early in his posts MS-13 would be a target for arrests. The massive amount of revelations not being covered by the press suggests insider info or someone who spends their entire day randomly tracking stories no one else is. #QAnon /42
52 arrested in DC area after nationwide ICE anti-gang operation
A recent U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement anti-gang operation resulted in over a thousand arrests nationwide — 52 of which were in the D.C. area.
https://wtop.com/local/2017/05/11-arrested-va-ice-operation/slide/7/
㉗ 11/16 Q posted "Who is A Merkel? What is her family history?" Research suggests Merkel is child of Hitler? Media called her failure to form a Gov a crisis that could collapse the EU (a globalist dream that they have plotted for 60+ years). #QAnon /43
#Qanon - Who is A. Merkel? What is A. Merkel's family history? • r/conspiracy
> Angela Merkel is the Chancellor of Germany > Merkel was born Angela Dorothea Kasner in 1954, in Hamburg, West Germany, the daughter of Horst...
https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/7ch043/qanon_who_is_a_merkel_what_is_a_merkels_family/Q-posts
㉘ Q posted repeatedly about the Rothschilds as the family controlling the economies of almost all countries through secret ownership of each countries' central banks. Then, on Nov 15th he posted Lynn De Rothschild was calling for help and it would do her no good. #QAnon /44
"We can hear you Breathe". 2 days later there is strange mid-air collision close to the Rothschild's estate. Before the crash, Q had put out a stringer in code. The phrase, "Green sky" appears in the code. Later Q would post "for Green", at the end of another stringer #QAnon /45
Green was the name of one of the pilots in the collision. Q later said that one plane was a black hat and Green was a white hat. An unnamed Rothschild told first reporters on scene that the crash was right above as he/she was walking the dog" #QAnon /46
Q-anon told us about the Rothschild manor plane crash 2 days before it happened. • r/TheCalmBeforeTheStorm
reddit: the front page of the internet
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheCalmBeforeTheStorm/comments/7etcka/qanon_told_us_about_the_rothschild_manor_plane/
㉙ 11/2 17:04 "Fully prepared that all social media will be shut down to prevent the spread of this info (ie POTUS' Twitter etc. and/or mass censoring"—DJT's Twitter went down within 20 min—then 23 min later Q posted "Twitter take down was not an accident". CIA attack. #QAnon /47
㉚ On 11/3 Q posted The Lords Prayer. On 12/9 TV news reported the pope was changing a line of the Lord's Prayer. Q posted previously that the pope is not what he seems. Research finds a picture of the pope kissing the hand of a Rothschild. #QAnon /48
㉛ Q stated that McCain and Clinton were both targets of a mission. Both, within a week of each other, started wearing moon boots due to "injuries" soon after being MIA. Clinton's boot has been on 10 weeks for a 4-6-week-to-heal broken toe. #QAnon /49
McCain's boot for a torn Achiles has changed legs in a photo. A third member of congress is now wearing an identical boot. Boots can be worn as security bracelets or cover a smaller more convenient security anklet. #QAnon /50
㉜ Several frequent Globalist affiliated tweeters have been silent for 2 weeks or more. They all stopped around the same time. #QAnon /51
㉝ Did the original Reddit poster leave out this number because of its dark esoteric meaning? #QAnon /52
㉞ Multiple planes turn around en route to international locales. One headed to Japan returned after 4 hours of flight. All passengers were required to sign NDA upon landing and John Legend & Christie Tiegen were arrested. #QAnon /53
㉟ Q has stated that 7/10 commercial plane crashes in the past were intentional false flags to assassinate a VIP on board. In 2017, there were zero commercial plane crashes and POTUS claims this is due to increased effort #QAnon /54 end.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Does Q think the Forbidden City is actually off limits to outsiders or what?

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Mantis42 posted:

Duh, it's right there in the name. Think, McFly!

EDIT: I like Trump's upcoming meeting with North Korea being trumpeted as an astounding victory, when North Korea has been trying to meet with US presidents for several administrations because they want the credibility boost (which Trump is giving them). Photos of Trump and Kim sitting together are going to posted all over the drat nation in North Korea to prove that Kim has forced Trump to the table and is respected as an international leader. The tankies gonna love that poo poo too.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Mantis42 posted:

By my estimates there's a 76.6% (repeating, of course) chance he thinks China is still an actual communist state.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Gen. Ripper posted:

By my estimates there's a 76.6% (repeating, of course) chance he thinks China is still an actual communist state.

Holy poo poo, you still have the av I bought you. I was so drat drunk when I bought that, but I'm glad you're (apparently) enjoying it. It was based on some actual post I saw on a right-wing forum somewhere.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Some galaxy brain for you: it is not Russian basement chuds on payroll but Saudi chuds trying to throw some good PR for MBS and his cool, good and modern anti-globalist strategy.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Gen. Ripper posted:

Yeah, but so do the tankies

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

fatherboxx posted:

Some galaxy brain for you: it is not Russian basement chuds on payroll but Saudi chuds trying to throw some good PR for MBS and his cool, good and modern anti-globalist strategy.
And to think that before the last election all the hackers were Chinese or at least North-Korean*.

*Unless you were living outside of the USA, then they were American.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

quote:

② Q sent a pic of Harrisburg, PA that looks like it was taken from 3 mile Island, a Nuke plant off limits to the public located on the island. #QAnon /9

I couldn't get past this one because that would be quite the accomplishment.

That's like 12 miles away, minimum.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
just for fun here's what that would look like

the view might even be blocked by that hill if you were on the ground

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

⑩ Antifa/Riots no showed! Q had posted about riots and plan to declare martial law & National Guard was already activated, meaning the president could take control of them directly if civil unrest broke out. Q later said this was a threat to them and they backed off. #QAnon /18
Q must be real because the antifascist supersoldiers believed his posts!

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

quote:

㉝ Did the original Reddit poster leave out this number because of its dark esoteric meaning? #QAnon /52

No wait, this might be the best one. :psyduck:

e: also good

quote:

⑳ Q said a lot of MS-13 gang members would be arrested. In fairness, several arrests were made before Q started posting. If a LARP wanted to appear as an insider, would he have gambled on even more arrests or said that they were probably done?#QAnon /34

Q said a thing would happen, but it was already happening, and is still happening, therefore

Polygynous fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 1, 2018

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Rape Stink posted:

Because they've been doing it on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media for a while now. Not just in the US, but all over Europe as well. They've gotten really good at it, especially at making it look organic.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...n-a8164526.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.f6741767d46d
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.d3e09353f50f
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/12/us/politics/russian-disinformation-aids-fake-news.html

First off, this is 4chan, which is hardly the nexus of activity pretty much any social media platform is. Second, nothing about this looks organic, lol. It's precisely the super awkward and melodramatic half-assed spy novel bullshit style that identifies this dude as a channer. Cool articles though (seriously, they were interesting reads).

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

Kinsky posted:

nothing about this looks organic, lol. It's precisely the super awkward and melodramatic half-assed spy novel bullshit style that identifies this dude as a channer.

So Qanon posts look like channer speak on a chan and that somehow doesn't seem organic because it's exactly how people talk on chans? Also if it's not organic sounding, isn't the implication then that it is in fact some sort of outside actor doing it for personal gain?

Or are you saying that chan speak is some elite coded linguistic style that Russian cointel ops -- who have been working on disinformation campaigns all over the world for years -- are just incapable of mimicking? Or that they just don't "get" the internet even though their entire operation is predicated upon them understanding the landscape of social media and the culture of it's users? With all the successes they've had over the past few years with these campaigns you can be sure they are making a sizable resource investment in it. It's a much bigger op than just GRU interns Sergei and Yuri sitting on their laptops randomly trolling twitter users in broken english.

As far as 4chan not being a nexus of activity (even though it gets upwards of 25 million unique users every month), there's no reason for them not to use the chan scene as an attack vector since the userbase is loaded with exactly the type of person disinfo campaigns actively target, and there is a minimal investment when compared to the potential reward. Especially on the pol and x boards where gullible dimwits are more likely to pick up their message and signal boost it to other gullible dimwits in their same gullible dimwit circles.

I'm not saying that Qanon is definitely part of the the Russian disinfo campaign, there's a good chance it's not, but dismissing it outright -- and aggressively so -- when it fits the Russian M.O. perfectly is just weird.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

Rape Stink posted:

I'm not saying that Qanon is definitely part of the the Russian disinfo campaign, there's a good chance it's not, but dismissing it outright -- and aggressively so -- when it fits the Russian M.O. perfectly is just weird.

It doesn't fit the known Russian MO, though.

From what we've seen of other Russian troll operations, they tend to directly advocate certain points of view, with doctored evidence to support it and meme-type pictures that are easy to share on social media. They don't beat around the bush with this secret codeword decipherment crap; they post stuff designed to directly appeal to Trumpists or whatever and alienate everybody else. Think "America is for Americans only, everybody else out!" memes or photoshopped pictures of the Parkland kids ripping up the Constitution. The emphasis is on stuff that's easily shareable and that ultimately drives people apart, not on something that takes a ton of time investment for "deciphering" it.

You're claiming that Russia is behind QAnon just because QAnon's a troll and Russia has run trolling operations. That's not exactly a strong foundation, especially when there are other explanations. Yes, RT has talked about it, but RT loves conspiracy theories in general - again, because it helps promote a sort of general atmosphere of distrust and "who knows what the truth really is?" They don't need to bother creating their own conspiracy theories, because there are plenty of crazy people out there making their own.

The QAnon stuff sounds a lot more like somebody wanting to be the 4chan equivalent of a GBS superstar: they're undoubtedly putting a lot of effort into it, but it's the kind of thing that a single person with a bunch of free time could do because they want to have an internet forum hanging on their every word. Good ARG gibberish isn't effortless, but it's also not something that would take some nation-state level effort.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also does it really matter whether Russia is behind it or not? The problem remains that clearly there is an abundance of right wing lunatics out there ready to believe anything and that's not an invention of Russia.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

Space Gopher posted:

It doesn't fit the known Russian MO, though.

From what we've seen of other Russian troll operations, they tend to directly advocate certain points of view, with doctored evidence to support it and meme-type pictures that are easy to share on social media. They don't beat around the bush with this secret codeword decipherment crap; they post stuff designed to directly appeal to Trumpists or whatever and alienate everybody else.

Isn't that exactly what Qanons posts do though? There's clearly a singular point of view considering there's really no way to decipher them that doesn't make Trump look like a superhero working behind the scenes to conquer all the Trumpists enemies. It hits on a ton of alt right hot button issues and has a clear appeal to the right, it's obviously easily shareable considering how much it's spread, and it serves to further alienate MAGA chuds from reality and foster the ongoing divide within American politics.

Seems to me like it fits the Russian MO pretty well.

Space Gopher posted:

You're claiming that Russia is behind QAnon just because QAnon's a troll and Russia has run trolling operations. That's not exactly a strong foundation, especially when there are other explanations.

Calling what Russia has been doing a "troll operation" is pretty disingenuous. It's a clearly focused, highly organized, state run disinformation and propaganda campaign.

And saying that it's just someone doing it to be a chan superstar isn't exactly a strong foundation either. Again, I never claimed Russia is definitely behind QAnon, I'm saying that I don't see how the possibility can be hand waved away so easily.

SEGA Ass Fisting fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 2, 2018

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

Also does it really matter whether Russia is behind it or not?

Nope.

quote:

The problem remains that clearly there is an abundance of right wing lunatics out there ready to believe anything and that's not an invention of Russia.

Yep.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

Also does it really matter whether Russia is behind it or not? The problem remains that clearly there is an abundance of right wing lunatics out there ready to believe anything and that's not an invention of Russia.

Presuming Q is not real there are good aspects (with the bad ones) of leading the lunatic right astray.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

am i doin it right

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
In March the Daily Dot came out with some great historical precedent for QAnon: The QAnon conspiracy isn’t new; it’s the oldest scam out there

The article draws comparison to two big conspiracies of the 90s-00s, the NESARA/Omni scam, and the Iraqi Dinar scam.

-- NESARA was a proposed financial reform from a 1990s book called, wait for it... Draining the Swamp. It involved the standard libertarian spank-bank of eliminating the Federal Reserve, banning interest on loans, forgiving all consumer debt, national sales tax, and of course going back on the gold standard. A new-age cultist called "Dove of Oneness" started promoting Omega Bonds, run by a scammer named Clyde Hood, which somehow involved buying bonds that were magically supported by European currencies and somehow tied to NESARA, that would "roll over" and make their owners millions. Hood pimped these bonds, and Dove ran around the Internet including Yahoo Groups and talked them up with a combination of financial millennialism, UFO cults, globalist conspiracies and general "stuff the US government doesn't want you to know."

When Hood went down for scamming $12.5 million, Dove dropped him like a bad habit, basically Stalin-style accused him of revisionism, and continued to work seemingly full-time on hyping up NESARA and Omega online. She started accepting donations, and then went way the gently caress off the rails with conspiracy theories, particularly after 9/11 happened (she claimed it was a controlled demolition). Dove hit her peak in the mid-2000s, chilled out slightly, then got slammed with a bunch of IRS liens and died broke in 2010.

-- The Iraqi Dinar scam I remember personally, since way back before it became an Internet Thing. There was a trend among US military personnel in Iraq (which may well have been totally organic) of buying up physical stacks of Saddam-era Iraqi dinars (which were next to worthless) in anticipation that like after the '91 Gulf War the dinar would be somehow revalued and make everyone rich. This was goofy enough when it was just troops buying duffel-bags full of dinar off of Iraqi contractors working on the base (who I'm sure were ecstatic to trade Monopoly money for hard currency), but years later it exploded online, and people weren't buying literal bags of dinar so much a investing in scam artists who claimed to be somehow invested in the dinar revaluation and planning to pay their investors millions once the magic hit.

I am not an economist, but the DD article makes clear that currency revaluations don't magically create wealth, instead they just turn into Weimar-esque death spirals, and/or leave people holding a lot of funds that they can't even trade in for the new currency. But that didn't stop folks from running around forums, Facebook, and early-stage Twitter hyping the dinar, and promising that the revaluation that would make everyone rich was "just around the corner". Add to this yet more shadowy government conspiracies, claims that Bill Gates and Warren Buffet were savvy and holding billions of dollars worth of Iraqi dinar, etc. The dinar thing picked up momentum after the 2007-2008 financial crisis, when people were desperately looking for get-rich-quick to make back the money they'd lost. Eventually the feds got involved, various dinar hustlers were jailed, but there are still twits out there pulling the "any day now" as recently as March 2018 for the date when war-torn and chaotic Iraq will somehow become a major producer of global wealth.

This is the high-points, but the article is overall worth a read, since basically Q is recycling a lot of old material, including almost exact parallels to the "sealed indictments" rumor that's so important to Qtards because it promises them that all the mean bad people are going to be punished and the white hats vindicated.

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Apr 2, 2018

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
Did Q push the 'hillary kilt seth' narrative? Surely yes, but I've not been following myself...

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bip Roberts posted:

Presuming Q is not real there are good aspects (with the bad ones) of leading the lunatic right astray.

I mean I don't know if further radicalizing them and making them really supporting of the republican right is necessarily "leading them astray"

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Yea, the Daily Dot article is a good read. I hadn't even heard of Nesara before it. It's actually in the original OP but I think I should have wrote it better, oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Duh, it's right there in the name. Think, McFly!

This made me laugh really hard, so thanks for that.