Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
BET and the CIA selling crack, two equal scourges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Famethrowa posted:

high iq posting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8RkR4rd7dM

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
You guys keep bringing up my past posts like they are some scarlet letter. I keep an open mind, I like to ask the big questions and have fun. Most of all I like to poke the bear and challenge false bugaboos.

At one time I thought it would be amusing if the daily shoah guys went on chapo trap house but I have evolved and grown as an individual. I would much rather see matt or Felix go on Joe rogan. I actually think this would be superior to engaging the alt right as it hasn’t higher potential without the valid risks that many of the great people have brought up in this thread.

So I don’t get why you dredge up the past each time I post. Especially when so many of you support prison reform and see the flaw of mandatory three strikes policies.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
btw I to stay on topic I only have an IQ of 70 but I did graduate from university. So I agree it is an imperfect measure

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

btw I to stay on topic I only have an IQ of 70 but I did graduate from university. So I agree it is an imperfect measure

alright come on now

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

I mean I guess you are probably trolling, but you also seem to be getting off on being called dumb, which is almost as pathetic as being a reasonable centrist nazi

HolePisser1982 posted:

*leans in through window* Chimpout's Wogcast was actually pretty solid this week if you guys are interested

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Apr 1, 2018

ATribeCalledKvetch
Nov 5, 2010

I do hate myself, but it has nothing to do with being Jewish.

Why is this not Stav saying that

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Like I said have a decent IQ (70 is decent but just slightly at the lower end and like you said it IQ is meaningless and arbitrary) but on my end even with my slightly lower IQ I made sure to pay attention in class and study steadily.

I also had great teachers too which is super important and found an academic subject I was passionate about.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Lmao

I think we can all agree Felix on Joe Rogan would actually be funny tho

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

70 iq is supposed to be borderline retarded

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Trabandiumium posted:

70 iq is supposed to be borderline retarded

IIRC, it's a normal distribution with 100 as the median and a 15 standard deviation. 96% of people fall within 2 standard deviations of the median, so 70 or less is like bottom 2%.

But ya know, IQ is a dumb measurement, and people with 70 IQ still got valid opinions and feelings. Except for that dude who's like "open minded" about Nazis.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

you'd have to actually be a person of coloring books to believe iq as a measurement has value so that checks out

Serf
May 5, 2011

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

IQ is real as far as it measures something that is real. The real question is what exactly does it matter.

It’s not like 70 IQ people have any less valid lives.

IQ is worth less than nothing

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

IQ is a perfectly good measurement of how good someone is at IQ tests.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
[extremely good at associating shapes voice]

I'm genetically superior :smug:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
They periodically have to increase the difficulty of the test to keep the average at 100, so if any old people brag about their score, depending on when they took it, they're actually borderline retarded.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

They periodically have to increase the difficulty of the test to keep the average at 100, so if any old people brag about their score, depending on when they took it, they're actually borderline retarded.

I like to bring this up around any olds who poo poo-talk kids these days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect

Also that all the lead in the gasoline before 1978 hosed them up in the heads.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

PostNouveau posted:

I like to bring this up around any olds who poo poo-talk kids these days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect

Also that all the lead in the gasoline before 1978 hosed them up in the heads.

That's part of why I never want to take an IQ test, even if I scored relatively high I don't want some young punk throwing that in my face in 30 years.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Skwirl posted:

That's part of why I never want to take an IQ test, even if I scored relatively high I don't want some young punk throwing that in my face in 30 years.

just take it yearly and dont freak out when your score starts going down

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

You guys keep bringing up my past posts like they are some scarlet letter. I keep an open mind, I like to ask the big questions and have fun. Most of all I like to poke the bear and challenge false bugaboos.

At one time I thought it would be amusing if the daily shoah guys went on chapo trap house but I have evolved and grown as an individual. I would much rather see matt or Felix go on Joe rogan. I actually think this would be superior to engaging the alt right as it hasn’t higher potential without the valid risks that many of the great people have brought up in this thread.

So I don’t get why you dredge up the past each time I post. Especially when so many of you support prison reform and see the flaw of mandatory three strikes policies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8nHGxo2v_I

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
As someone who went to gifted school IQ tests validate my ego so they're good

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
you don't have to be retarded to post here but it helps

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Bryter posted:

you don't have to be retarded to post here but it helps

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I'm really unclear here, is IQ good or bad? I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain this to me, is anyone here smart and good at explaining things?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
IQ only determines whether or not Jeff will fix a broken item when you rest at a hotel

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

prefect posted:

I like this housing lady they've got on the podcast, but she really wants to accent "latino" as hard as she can. I wish Nicaragua could come up in the conversation so she could say "nic-ah-rah-wa".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8og1N4hnoo

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I, Q is a star trek novel I've never read but Q is the best TNG character so it's probably not bad

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Krazyface posted:

I'm really unclear here, is IQ good or bad? I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain this to me, is anyone here smart and good at explaining things?

IQ is used as a cudgel by morons to "prove" a lot of racist concepts such as the inherent superiority of the white race, in spite of IQ being a really terrible way of actually testing intelligence that's heavily influenced by the biases in the test itself, and the socio-economic factors that might affect whether or not you're even taught the subjects of those biases in the test

basically you should treat anyone leaning heavily on IQ as a concept with extreme suspicion, they're ignorant at best or basically a fascist at worst

it's awesome how "race science" is all the rage with the I'm so logical science is win crowd even though it's been completely debunked for decades

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
isn't the IQ test just like "a triange, a square, a pentagon, what shape comes next?" how does that get you laid lmfao

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

cat doter posted:

IQ is used as a cudgel by morons to "prove" a lot of racist concepts such as the inherent superiority of the white race, in spite of IQ being a really terrible way of actually testing intelligence that's heavily influenced by the biases in the test itself, and the socio-economic factors that might affect whether or not you're even taught the subjects of those biases in the test

basically you should treat anyone leaning heavily on IQ as a concept with extreme suspicion, they're ignorant at best or basically a fascist at worst

it's awesome how "race science" is all the rage with the I'm so logical science is win crowd even though it's been completely debunked for decades

I didn't know BUGS could TYPE.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
it's no myers briggs that's for sure

Serf
May 5, 2011

the reason the IQ test has come up recently is all these articles trying to shill for :biotruths: bullshit where the premise is "all people should be treated equally but isn't it weird how black people seem to score lower on average on the IQ test. like, what does that mean? i'm just asking questions!" chud-lites are saying we need to go big on race science so that we can disprove all those racist theories and really prove once and for all that white people have a +2 racial bonus to intelligence and that's why whites deserved dominion over the new world

rather than confront the idea that the test is bogus and has no relation to actual human intelligence they wanna believe that some races are just smarter than others but they're like "it's no big deal! no, really, we'll never use pseudoscience as a basis for racism, that has never happened and never will happen!"

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Phone posted:

IQ only determines whether or not Jeff will fix a broken item when you rest at a hotel

lol

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I got a 33 on the ACT and went to community college for two years because we were poor and our house had just lost most of its value, then engineering school for two years on a scholarship that looking back on it I shouldn't have qualified for, got a job, and now I'm comfortable.

So you see if you just make rational decisions about being white and pleasant to all white scholarship committee members, you too can achieve the american dream.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Serf posted:

the reason the IQ test has come up recently is all these articles trying to shill for :biotruths: bullshit where the premise is "all people should be treated equally but isn't it weird how black people seem to score lower on average on the IQ test. like, what does that mean? i'm just asking questions!" chud-lites are saying we need to go big on race science so that we can disprove all those racist theories and really prove once and for all that white people have a +2 racial bonus to intelligence and that's why whites deserved dominion over the new world

rather than confront the idea that the test is bogus and has no relation to actual human intelligence they wanna believe that some races are just smarter than others but they're like "it's no big deal! no, really, we'll never use pseudoscience as a basis for racism, that has never happened and never will happen!"

iq, like dick size, has been proven to be heritable.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Because no one’s forcing you to post

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

The Muppets On PCP posted:

it's no myers briggs that's for sure

So what are everyone's scientific opinions about the Chapo crew's Myers Briggs types?

So far I've got:

Matt - INFJ

Felix - ENFP

Virgil - INTP

I haven't seen photos of Will or Amber at the right angles to use my phrenology calipers so I don't know what their types are.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Which Iranian Instagram guy is each Chapo?

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Krazyface posted:

I didn't know BUGS could TYPE.

dude i wish i was a bug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

those guys are so cool. simultaneously hyper-masculine and hyper-feminine, like a squad of hermaphroditic deities.