Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

TTBF posted:

What does 'the field' mean in betting context?

Everyone who isn't a specific betting option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
It wouldn't be that difficult to have the Bryan/Miz feud be for the WWE title down the line. It should have high stakes if/when it happens. If they're planning on giving Miz a big push post WM34, have him go to Smackdown in the next shake up, cheat Nakamura out of the belt somehow and then do Bryan/Miz at Summerslam or WM35.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Apr 1, 2018

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Professor Funk posted:

It wouldn't be that difficult to have the Bryan/Miz feud be for the WWE title down the line. It should have high stakes if/when it happens. If they're planning on giving Miz a big push post WM34, have him go to Smackdown in the next shake up, cheat Nakamura out of the belt somehow and then do Bryan/Miz at Summerslam or WM35.

Nakamura vs Miz leading to Miz vs Bryan leading to Nakamura vs Bryan sounds like the best 9-12 months of Smackown since Heyman was running it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean one of those sounds like it'd be a good match.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

VJeff posted:

I mean one of those sounds like it'd be a good match.

nakamura vs bryan would probably be ok too

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Figured I should post this here because CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE and Wrestlemania and all that.

Asuka's first feud post wrestlemania feud is apparently going to be against...Nia Jax, if advertisements are correct. :suicide:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Oh no the one person who can have good matches with Nia will continue to have good matches with Nia, what a travesty

(this isn't actually happening, chill the gently caress out)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Using post-PPV house show cards to try and judge the result of a PPV is a fool's errand. I dunno why people are suddenly taking every tiny little piece of information and trying to use it to predict this match. Oh my god, the champions are gonna be on Good Morning America?! Well OBVIOUSLY that means Asuka's losing! Come on with that poo poo.

Benne posted:

Oh no the one person who can have good matches with Nia will continue to have good matches with Nia, what a travesty

Sasha's dragged a couple good ones out of her.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pretty much why I only ever judge things by betting odds half an hour to an hour or so before start time. That's basically the only time spoilers have been consistent with results

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Benne posted:

I think the more important implication is that for that to happen one of them has to lose at Mania.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

I think the more important implication is that for that to happen one of them has to lose at Mania.

Or they're running champion vs. champion at those house shows.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Impossible, that only happens one night a year.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, right. What you're talking about is pure fantasy warfare. :rolleyes:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Impossible, that only happens one night a year.

On Rusev Day?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

DarkstarIV posted:

Figured I should post this here because CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE and Wrestlemania and all that.

Asuka's first feud post wrestlemania feud is apparently going to be against...Nia Jax, if advertisements are correct. :suicide:

So this either confirms that Asuka is going to lose against Charlotte, or there'll be a roster change post Mania where Nia goes to SD

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

BOOTY-ADE posted:

So this either confirms that Asuka is going to lose against Charlotte, or there'll be a roster change post Mania where Nia goes to SD

Again card subject to change, but I wouldn't put it past WWE to have Asuka lose at Wrestlemania (to Charlotte or Carmella), go back to RAW, and start losing to Nia because she's the only person who can drag a good match out of Nia. Even though the Nia/Asuka feud ended up really harming Asuka's momentum, I imagine if WWE goes back to it, they'll be killing Asuka's main roster career, because I doubt they'll have Nia drop the title to Asuka, and she (Asuka) has nothing left to do on RAW.

For the people who like to say that Nia and Asuka looked good in that match, keep in mind that Asuka lucked out in their first and second match (and got laid out post match for the second one), and barely won in their third match. It did a lot of damage to Asuka's momentum (and didn't help her image at all), so I don't think its too farfetched to think that WWE is starting to sour on her for whatever reason.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 2, 2018

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DarkstarIV posted:

WWE is starting to sour on her for whatever reason.

Her promos are kind of difficult to understand. Her accent is incredibly thick.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

IcePhoenix posted:

Her promos are kind of difficult to understand. Her accent is incredibly thick.

Yeah, but I blame that on WWE. She never sounded this bad even in NXT. Either give her a manager or don't make her cut their garbage scripted promos. And she's still a better promo than people like Nia and Alexa whose acting skills (and material) rival that of a middle school theater class. And she's still way more natural on the mic than someone like Ronda, who (according to her) doesn't have her promos scripted at all, which is why she sounds so terrible.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Easier to understand than Ms. "Have you even tasted gay meat" over on SD

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, but I blame that on WWE. She never sounded this bad even in NXT. Either give her a manager or don't make her cut their garbage scripted promos. And she's still a better promo than people like Nia and Alexa whose acting skills (and material) rival that of a middle school theater class. And she's still way more natural on the mic than someone like Ronda, who (according to her) doesn't have her promos scripted at all, which is why she sounds so terrible.

If Ronda says she came up with that "personal trainer tough" line herself, she's a loving liar.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

If Ronda says she came up with that "personal trainer tough" line herself, she's a loving liar.

Well regardless, scripted or nonscripted, Ronda is an incredibly lovely promo, probably the worst in the women's division which is quite an accomplishment.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Asuka is winning, chill out with the concern trolling

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

There are many legitimate reasons to praise Asuka and criticize Ronda that you don't need to be making this poo poo up.

Asuka was a bad speaker in NXT too. She was more understandable, but still very bad.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Except I'm not making it up? She was a lot more charismatic. For perspective, she was allowed to let loose and cut angry yakuza like Japanese promos in NXT. Which isn't english. But in sit down interviews in english where she isn't forced to memorize a ton of lines, she also sounds pretty natural. She was also pretty decent in her farewell promo as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw0_3ERFsAE

Ronda can't even do a sit down interview properly.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Apr 2, 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At least he's not posting betting odds multiple days weeks in advance this time

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Benne posted:

Asuka is winning, chill out with the concern trolling

Shocked that darkstar is concern trolling over female wrestlers. Their posts are usually so varied.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I mean I'm also worried they are going to put the US title on Jinder Mahal or leave it on Randy Orton. Because both of them suck (albeit for different reasons). Hell, the only person who should be walking out of that match with the US title is Rusev, but we all know that isn't happening, considering Orton is the favorite right now.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Apr 2, 2018

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

I mean I'm also worried they are going to put the US title on Jinder Mahal or leave it on Randy Orton. Because both of them suck (albeit for different reasons).

These are the two likely options tbh

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

DarkstarIV posted:

I mean I'm also worried they are going to put the US title on Jinder Mahal or leave it on Randy Orton. Because both of them suck (albeit for different reasons). Hell, the only person who should be walking out of that match with the US title is Rusev, but we all know that isn't happening, considering Orton is the favorite right now.

Throw off your shackles and stop caring about the US title

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's jinderweight titles all the way down

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Super No Vacancy posted:

it's jinderweight titles all the way down

i thought rivets were magnets

turns out the belts have bacne

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Soul Glo posted:

i thought rivets were magnets

turns out the belts have bacne

So when Jinder drops the belt, will they have to sanitize it or introduce a new one due to the old one being a biohazard?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

Throw off your shackles and stop caring about the US title

I was so ready to not give a poo poo about that match at all until they added Rusev to it. WWE's occasional bursts of self-awareness (hey, this match is gonna be a heatless bore, let's put that really over guy in it) are real curveballs.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Theys hould 100% put it on Rusev and turn him on the post mania Smackdown but if they don't it's a clear sign they don't want him over as Face

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
It almost certainly doesn't mean much, but James Storm is backstage tonight at RAW.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

Is taker gonna be on raw 2 nite

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

An Apple A Gay posted:

Is taker gonna be on raw 2 nite

PWInsider has said he hasn't been spotted backstage, so if he shows up, it'll be a prerecorded promo or line most likely.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Probably saving it for tomorrow.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I hope they bring Storm out in Undertaker’s gear and just act like nothing’s wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Also card subject to change etc etc, but there is a WWE vs NXT Live Event being advertised in May.

https://twitter.com/reventioncenter/status/980883345826557953

Screenshot just in case the tweet is deleted:

I posted it in the spoilers thread due to them advertising Almas and Ember as champs still. Better to be safe than sorry.