Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

I think clearing the map as Pt.3 NES skin using only LMB attacks and yelling obscenities is the most fun I've had in ages. People get so upset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Skoll posted:

Are you hoarding yours for the apocalypse? I thankfully got mine out when the grey market was at its height.

(I never bought one) :ssh:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
OH poo poo

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/976956808093929472

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
These devs are great and I love them

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I appreciate the sentiment behind that, but I'd hate to be relegated to the Salt Mines because my computer reboots itself or I run into that glitch where you physically can't do anything.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
'kay great, so does the game decide that automatically or is that a thing you can give to other players via voting or just clicking a "SALT THE SNAIL!" button? Because if it's the former then fine, but if it's the latter I can kinda see that going badly.

I'd rather not have a bunch of dickheads giving everybody in every match "salt" so they get banished, but I wouldn't mind punishing ragequitting.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Come on dude, you know however it works, it’s going to be hilariously screwed up for the first 3 updates it exists.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/976968879976132613?s=19

Lame

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

King Vidiot posted:

'kay great, so does the game decide that automatically or is that a thing you can give to other players via voting or just clicking a "SALT THE SNAIL!" button? Because if it's the former then fine, but if it's the latter I can kinda see that going badly.

I'd rather not have a bunch of dickheads giving everybody in every match "salt" so they get banished, but I wouldn't mind punishing ragequitting.

It's for players who quit matches early. There wouldn't be any way to vote on it because the player would be gone.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
What counts as leaving early? Quitting because you're not Jason? Quitting because you're dead and Tommy has already spawned and you don't feel like waiting 12 minutes for another match?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Probably both.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

What counts as leaving early? Quitting because you're not Jason? Quitting because you're dead and Tommy has already spawned and you don't feel like waiting 12 minutes for another match?

quote:

Salt is a currency, only instead of being able to buy something cool with it, you buy an express ticket to the Salt Mines. More on that in a minute.

Earning Salt is EASY! Just do any of the following:
Leave a match early, like a jerk
Leave a match while being killed, like a big jerk
Leave a match as Jason, like a super jerk
Leave a match while hosting, like a mega jerk

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It sounds like as long as you've already been killed, you're free to leave without a problem. You just can't quit mid-match or while being killed to try and deny Jason his points.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

chitoryu12 posted:

It sounds like as long as you've already been killed, you're free to leave without a problem. You just can't quit mid-match or while being killed to try and deny Jason his points.

yeah, if you're dead and spectating you're free to go. otherwise you're abandoning an active match, which is a lovely thing to do on a constant basis

this won't punish people for occasional disconnects or their house catching fire or whatever. but the people that consistently do this stuff, throw tantrums and quit games, quit when they're not jason, quit when they are jason, etc, will see consequences now

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
this is more or less exactly what i suggested they do on their official forums and etc months ago, though i also suggested adding teamkilling back in and letting teamkilling count as a fair number of demerits, too.

i feel like the game was lessened when team killing left, and goodness knows i have been in situations where i would happily murder my teammate for an advantage.

that said, really happy they've gone this route - this is effectively the same system that turned DOTA 2's collection of barely coherent psychopaths into a community you can at least mention in pleasant company without drawing shudders. F13's community isn't anywhere near that mentally ill so i've got good hopes it'll make the community quite good indeed.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Mar 23, 2018

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
It's no coincidence that the three Jasons considered "lowest Tier" are the three with bad shift. Shift is so critical to getting kills that having it as a drawback drags the killing potential of that Jason right down the shitter.

The thing is, Jason IV and Jason II have some strengths which offset the bad shift. Jason II can cover every objective while he runs down a counselor, and can use morph to cut off a runner. Jason IV can also run - and can break down cabins so fast that he's an early game monster. LaChappa's worst nightmare is a Jason IV who's on his tail.

With Jason VII the bad shift actually hurt his "strengths" as well. You knew what was going on, but couldn't do anything about it. You had a guaranteed kill if you grabbed them, but how do you grab them? Two of his three strengths went down the toilet with his bad shift.

We need some runtime, (remember how we though IV was good when he first came out?) but from what I can tell the new Jason VII is going to be deadly in the hands of the more experienced Jason players.

We have a Jason who:
  • Knows everything that is happening.
  • Has the same injuring potential as Jason III.
  • Makes the boat a 100% non-starter.
  • Has to have counselors get in melee range if they want to exploit his stun weakness.
  • Has the fastest non-destruction breakdown speed
  • Has a near-irrelevant weakness (grip)

Or imagine you were negotiating with someone on a Jason III:

"Hey, I'll trade you the best sense instead of your lovely sense for 2 traps."

"Done!"

"I'll give you lightning water speed instead of running."

"Hmmm.... I guess with the good sense that cockblocks all boats, so sure."

"Alright, alright, how about I give you regular stalk instead of your poo poo one, but you have to take bad grip."

"Done and done, grip is useless."

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Do you nerds wanna play some :murder:camp this weekend, or is Hunt and Vermintide still the bees knees?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Skoll posted:

Do you nerds wanna play some :murder:camp this weekend, or is Hunt and Vermintide still the bees knees?

I think the changes are at an unspecified future time. Probably wait till then, unless they're out now and I'm behind the times.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Oh, I meant playing for the fun of playing, not just cause of the update. I have no idea when they're releasing those. I think they confirmed April 13th was just a rumor though.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I'm down.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Sure

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
https://twitter.com/IllFonic/status/977264318113656832

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I can't wait. Last night 6 hosts bailed and a salty Jason bailed.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I can't wait. Last night 6 hosts bailed and a salty Jason bailed.

It's because they know.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
So hey here's a bizarre thing someone on the subreddit found:

Play Offline As A Counselor

quote:

Hey guys!

Have you ever wanted to play offline as counselor for whatever reason? Maybe to practice repairs, driving, ...

Well, I'm going to show you how to do this! This requires editing a configuration file, no hacking or bypassing is required and this won't allow you to mess with people online so this won't get you banned!

Step 1: Make a backup of the following file:
code:
"C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\SummerCamp\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Engine.ini"
Step 2: Open the file (not the backup) and add the following underneath what's already there:
code:
[/Script/EngineSettings.GameMapsSettings]
GameDefaultMap=/Game/Maps/MAP/MAP
Step 3: Replace MAP/MAP with one of the following maps:
code:
    CrystalLake/CrystalLake

CrystalLake_Small/CrystalLake_Small

HigginsHaven/HigginsHaven

HigginsHaven_Small/HigginsHaven_Small

Packanack/Packanack

Packanack_Small/Packanack_sm

JarvisHouse_Small/JarvisHouse_Small

Pinehurst/F13_Pinehurst_Level
Step 4: Start the game and the map should load after the intro scenes

To Undo: Restore the backup you made and the game will return to normal

You can switch character by pressing insert, this will cycle between all counselors and Jasons (no Uber Jason here). You can also press home and that will switch to the first Jason (Part 2).

This has absolutely no effect on your account whatsoever, you cannot earn XP/CP in this mode.

I hope you guys enjoy this!

Looks to be some kind of debugging/test mode. Finally I can practice driving without dooming everyone :v:

They also apparently have voice lines for if Tommy calls Tommy :confused:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXmc91B5eNU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

This is so he can call in Tina or Ash obviously :pray:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Why does everyone all of the sudden have reflective gold hair?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
They need to get those salt mines active ASAP because playing on console has been a loving nightmare today.

I’ve probably finished 20% of the matches ive started.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

If nothing else, Illfonic tend to deliver on everything they promise. It's just a matter of when they finally get it done, and all this on top of the total engine replacement they're also working on.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'm hoping to see this game get some major content updates and some kind of free weekend sometime this year, because I feel like it could be doing a lot better if people had more of a chance to try it out

Streams seemed to help a lot early on when the game was new, but less now

like, every time there's an actual friday the 13th the game should get a free weekend and 50% off. do that

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I think the salt mines/single player challenges/everything else they're talking about are going to come with the big-rear end engine overhaul they've been mentioning. I've heard people speculating in April (maybe even on Friday the 13th :tinfoil:), but there's been no solid timeline

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
From the Friday the 13th LaChappa Official Discord.

This is LaChappa's planet, we're just living in it.

Also:

https://twitter.com/IllFonic/status/979863303320043520

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Ghostpilot posted:

From the Friday the 13th LaChappa Official Discord.

This is LaChappa's planet, we're just living in it.

Also:

https://twitter.com/IllFonic/status/979863303320043520

:toot: I was wondering about this since I know the current intros are pre-rendered. Looks like that engine upgrade will let them do the intros in real time

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

So I haven't played this game in about 4 or 5 months. Is it worth coming back to or is the playerbase nonexistent now?

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So I haven't played this game in about 4 or 5 months. Is it worth coming back to or is the playerbase nonexistent now?

Some major changes are coming soon: Weapon Swapping for Jason, a rebalance to perks and Part 7 Jason, engine updates. And since you've played, there has been a new Jason, a peek at another Jason, 2-3 new characters, a puzzle / trivia / secrets mode, a single-player practice; a couple new maps.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Playerbase is still fine too. Never takes more than 15 seconds to find a pubbie match, except maybe in the wee hours of the morning.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, right now we're kind of in hibernation while waiting for the new content

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The playerbase on PC is pretty small now, like 900 peak.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Danaru posted:

:toot: I was wondering about this since I know the current intros are pre-rendered. Looks like that engine upgrade will let them do the intros in real time

I think they stopped being pre-rendered with the Jarvis House map update. I remember around then having my game glitch out and having the intro letters appear on the map somewhere at Higgins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Jetamo posted:

I think they stopped being pre-rendered with the Jarvis House map update. I remember around then having my game glitch out and having the intro letters appear on the map somewhere at Higgins.

I'm 99% positive they were never pre-rendered to begin with. They just used the default models and textures for everyone AFAIK.

• Locked thread