Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So one thing that I don't know if we ever talked about is the difference between windwalk and blinkwalk.

Both allow you to ignore terrain, and both will prevent you from dying horribly when you get shoved in a pit. But only windwalk allows you to ignore enemies with rampart aura. This is a small, but significant difference, especially in story battles where the enemy loves to have multiple golems with rampart aura or when you fight a map that has a bunch of dragons (hello Phorampa Wildwood).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

I used to spoil, I'm sorry.
One thing about the Palace of the Dead, is they REALLY play up talking about The Dark. Yeah, supposedly "Ashmedi" is the god of the Shrine, he's only mentioned once or twice. Nope, it's The Dark this, The Dark that.

Not as much as Kingdom Hearts, because NOTHING can talk about Darkness as much as Xehanort and his clones; but on par with Vagrant Story. (Which the PotD remake cribs a LOT from.)

Apparently Darkness is very tsundere, because it's not that they WANT to give you a bonus dungeon; they just want to corrupt you, kill you, possess you. Baka.

References! The description of the Palace of the Dead says that there's a sign above the entrance telling you to abandon all hope all ye who enter here. Which is a dual-reference. First of course is to Dante's Inferno; the sign above the gate to Hell; and the second to the original english translation of the SNES/PSX game referring the dungeon as Hell's Gate.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

The Dark is just an Ivalice reference.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Mar 6, 2018

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

The Dark is just an Ivalice reference.

I think there was a big deal about the Dark in Ogre Battle too. Not just dark magic or darkness, but The Dark specifically. As in going back to the original SNES translation. Albeleo wouldn't shut up about it to Saradin, and in one of the bad endings where Destin goes apeshit, he marvels at how powerful the Dark has made him.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

The optional stuff here is absurdly arcane and unnecessary.

But at least they've made the floors a bit more interesting. Other than the first few floors in the original, and like...every 10th or so thereafter, every single floor was just a 20x20 grid with a larger inner square.

Every single floor would follow the same routine:
1.) Boost the MP of Caitua
2.) Caitua casts "Jihad," which would immediately destroy any undead on the map. For like 80% of fights, the entire enemy composition was undead, so the battle would end immediately and you'd move on to the next screen.

Oh, and also every few floors you'd run into some nerd who'd teach you a powerful skill that also had some backbiting element to it, and while they were unique they were also completely pointless since there were so many better ways of dealing with yourproblems.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I respect your commitment.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

If you are reading this and somehow haven't played this game and would like to not :filez: , it's $5 right now on PSN.

waah fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Mar 7, 2018

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

waah posted:

If you are reading this and somehow haven't played this game and would like to not :filez: , it's $5 right now on PSN.

Is it still not available on the PS4 shop?

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Mezzanon posted:

Is it still not available on the PS4 shop?

It's not available on the PS4, so that's probably why - although they do let you claim PSVita PS+ titles, I think. You'd have to buy from the Vita/PSP or through the webstore.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
In your own time. We've seen the end, and while certainly there's something to gain from seeing 100% it's not worth dying for.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Those heavenly general fights are hard when you're 10 levels below them

but not impossible :getin:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Episode 77 - Coda Episode 1
Part 1

"An Enchanting winged songstress has arrived in Port Omish, a town of ruffians and rogues. People flock to hear her angelic voice day upon day.

It is rare to see winged womenfolk in these parts, and she has become quite a spectacle. "

Time to run our rear end all the way to the bottom of the god drat island, jesus.

: I've not seen a female winged before.

: A rare sight, even in Xenobia. Though I am acquainted with one.

: Is there anything you Xenobian Knights haven't seen?

: My acquaintance is Canopus's sister, as it happens.

: I never knew he had a sister.

: I only met her the once myself. She was Charming. Beautiful. And quite a singer. Famed throughout all of Xenobia, she was.

: One note, and the men would follow her around like cats after a fishmonger. You'd never know she had such a vulgar brother.

: She's not unlike this songstress, I'm told.

: Here?

: ...

It's not very clear, but the reptile just punched Canopus

And the Berserker, Gildas

Hey, it's Cutie McFreckles :unsmith:

Iuria decides to just, fly the gently caress away

-----------//-----------

Welcome to Episode 1 of the Coda. Try not to die.

It's about 15 on 3, and you're surrounded.

Also I haven't used Gildas in forever, so he's about to get knocked around like nobodies business.

The mission's not as hard as it looks to be fair, it is possible to lose, but you mainly need to survive two rounds.

Christ he hits like a wet noodle.

To my understanding, the actual dialogue choices here don't matter too much.

Get your hands nice and bloody, Levi.

Just so.

we're drowning in bodies already - Levi and Gildas are being swamped from all directions.

-----------//-----------

loving WOW

-----------//-----------

Levi the Hero

Canopus seems a little... overwrought to have seen his sister.

-----------//-----------

Surviving the unlocks the next sequence which is a couple of news entries.

"A storm is raging off the coast of Oedlark. The waters around the island are known for their fickle currents, and the storm has only made these worse. The approach to the undersea caverns called the Pirate's Graveyard is currently too treacherous to navigate.

Though thought to be a temporary anomaly, pirates in these parts whisper that the storm was called by a creature of the deep."

"The Songstress Iuria has won great fame for her talents, but since her arrival death seems to stalk the sick and weak in Omish. The requiems she sings when the dead are laid to rest may bring tears with their beauty, but some believe her to be the dreaded Wicce Sirene. "

"The songstress Iuria has been the talk of the town of late, and new information about her has come to light. It seems she travels to the deadly caverns known as the Pirate's Graveyard night after night. These caverns are surrounded by treacherous waters, and are said to be a gathering place for souls of the dead.

This suspicious behaviour lends more weight to rumors that Iuria is in fact the Wicce Sirene."

-----------//-----------

The Graveyard re-opens (it is actually closed until you read all three entries).

Welcome ladies and Gentlemen, to the Pirate's Graveyard.

In comparison to both POTD, and other end game Dungeons, this place is both comparitively straightforward AND light on loot. In fact, I'd hesitate to say that asides from the the loot from the Heavenly General (which is where todays update will end) everything in here also drops in the first 25 floors of POTD.

It is a decent place to get duplicates of some gear, such as the Holy / Faerie crown for instance.

-----------//-----------

Place does have some cool names though.

Iuria surreptitiously looks around to make sure she's not being followed.

Poorly

: Hrm. Looks like some old pirates don't know when to die!

A relatively straightforward fight that should actually be a little tricky if you don't handle it well, purely because of the Octopi. Your height advantage means nothing to them and their ranged TP skills.

Meanwhile the other side of the cliff has a bunch of casters and a single crossbow using skeleton.

Not a difficult fight. CC the Octopi, murder them while CC'd.

-----------//-----------

I don't know who Gilbald is, sorry :shobon:

-----------//-----------

The entire Dungeon theme has a really nice Crystal Cavern look to it.

The Spritework's quite nice.

Anyway, this map's relatively simple, you start out in the centre northeast, to your northwest are a couple of reptiles that have a tiles or two up on you, and to your southeast, there's a couple of reptiles down there too.

They're on par with you, but come in ones and twos, so focus fire and move on.

For some reason even though I've never been here before, the shortcut's opened up which it's only supposed to do after you beat this place once.

-----------//-----------

I am at least ~trying~ to go legit, and I need the XP so I opt for the full route.

An actual tricky map!

If you don't have Canopus / a Sidhe ring at any rate.

Big Ol wall next to your starting position has a couple of archers up on it in prime firing position. Directly ahead of you, a big crystal formation makes firing on those down from you difficult.

Ah, and most of the enemies have reflect on too, so damage starts to pile up fast.

Da da da daaaaaaaaa!

The little green man with stink lines above Arycelle means she has blinkwalk.

eyyyyy.

She can hit literally anywhere on the map from here.

Except right next to her obvs.

Sherri finally got enough TP to fire off natures touch, doing a fuckload of extra damage to any offensive spell she casts.

About 100 extra on this Vulcan Lance III

-----------//-----------

An annoying map, lots of open spaces but with few places to actually stand

A half of the map littered with stilled corpses.

They might as well rename Nature's Touch to magical girl transformation there's that much purple.

-----------//-----------

the next map was so fire and forget I literally remember nothing about it.

-----------//-----------

The map linked earlier noted that Floor 6 was home to a Heavenly General.
These are hardcore bosses that only appear when you have somethign called a "Heaven's Fork" - each encounter consumes one of these forks when you enter it.

Heaven's fork's created from a crafting recipe. To create one, you need Two Orichalcum, One Deadalus Pinion, and One Deadalus Rack.

Daedalus racks only drop from the 12 Generals themselves, a single Necromancer on Floor 57 of the POTD, a single Necromancer on Floor 62 of POTD - and the 1.0 Boss of POTD.

Daedalus pinions only drop from the generals, 1.0 boss of the POTD, and an iron golem in POTD on floors 67 and 75.

Orichalcum are a rare as gently caress drop and frankly I don't feel like looking up its drop locations either. Let's just say in an ideal scenario you'd walk out of the POTD with enough materials to craft two of these bad boys yeah?

There's 12 generals.

What I'm saying is gently caress THIS GAME'S ARCANE BULLSHIT

The rogue with the Super Saiyan look here is the general.

The enemies are at the lowest level difference, 9 levels higher than us.

She has monster stats, unique gear, speed out the rear end and she hits like a bulldozer being accelerated by a freight train.

I mean for fucks sakes her melee offense is 513, and melee defense is 545, her base class is a ROGUE for fucks sakes.

All of the Heavenly generals have a unique weapon, the rogues is unsurprisingly a Fire Elemental Dagger that grants immunity to Stop, Fire Augment and an on use of Firestorm 2.

She's also immune to practically everything.

As we push further into these dungeons, we're going to encounter more and more of these blue tinged enemies - they're 2.0 of regular classes, tankier, and dealing more damage.

This is gonna be a long loving fight.

long

Hell, this is why we've got a Dragoon in the first place.

Oh, and these Dragons are casters too, just because gently caress you that's why.

Gildas is pulling double duty here as a giant neon floating sign saying "murder me"

The boss - and all these rogues actually - are dropping metric fuckloads of traps everywhere.

Our front line is getting the kicking of a lifetime

Maybe i should have less dead weight but I figure'd they'd need the XP

Obligatory

Gildas owned count: 1

The vague plan here is that we're going to murder everything that isn't the boss as much as we can. Economy of action means that yes, she's going to hit someone hard - so we want to make it so that she's going for the weaklings next to her.

The Dragoons Niche is narrow but my god is it a valuable niche

Double shot from Arycelle, in case it wasn't clear, and then a lovetap from Canopus.

Vyce gets moved up to take some damage - rationale being I'd rather he take it than a healer.

didn't have anyone who could do finish off the Dragon we mauled with the Dragoon earlier, so he gets a nasty TP move off on Sherri and Voltare, though it doesn't kill them. Yet.

I'm not letting the Gladiator near us, so he gets smashed down via a Scatter shot double tap from Levi.

So loving close to dying..

Gildas owned count: 2

These generals are defensive powerhouses.

That was a boulder counter.

Even Ozma's taking a kicking.

Two dragons dead means we're making progress. Only one tanky, 5 squishies and the boss to go.

that was almost her entire health bar :smith:

We focus our finishers on that female gladiator

And the Gorgon too.

The boss is running rampant over our back lines - but not nearly as fast as we can resurrect.

We can start testing our theories on the effectiveness of differing schools of damage: a thousand cuts, or Mjolnir's fury?

Vyce owned count: 2

Hee hee.

That last damage pushed the enemy back into one of the bosses traps.

Somewhere in here, Gildas got owned for like the fourth time.

Another double shot whittles down the Gorgon

While Levi secures the kill.

The enemy gremlim kisses Olivya, ripping out drat near half her life force in vampiric healing.

Voltare just narrowly survives being shanked to death.

I don't even remember what this is

Suffice it to say, "bad"

Double shot at least allows for consistency in damage

The Enemy Wizard gets stuck into Jeunan with his book, almost killing him in the process.

Gremlim's dead!

Levi secures the kill.

The answer to the earlier hypothetical re thousand cuts vs mjolnirs fury is that both are necessary, one to set the other up for success.

We've got this in the bag now, but jesus christ what a fight.

I hope the loot is worth it.

Time to start a round of recovery and get everyone back on their feet.

Before I actually legitimately lose someone.

Could have sworn I saw a "1" timer in there at one point.

:toot: at least it wasn't a complete waste of time!

Good loving riddance.

That was an unexpected drop. Grimoire Inondation (2) is a Draconic Water Magic spell. It costs 140MP, and 5x Wyrm gems.

I have no idea if it's any good or not, I wanted the dagger :v:

On the next episode - we finish off the graveyard.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

https://twitter.com/dril/status/972534838057230336?s=21

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Bird racism is the greatest issue of our time.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Pretty sure "Gilbald" is Gilbert, from the same map as Canopus in the original Ogre Battle?

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Yikes, changing Yulia to Iuria and Gilbert to Gilbald makes even the extremely crude original translation look good by comparison. Funny thing, Gilbald is more accurate in the kana than Gilbert, but Gilbald in English still sounds loving idiotic.

And unique "upgraded" enemies in the original like the Heavenly General here and her minions actually had palette swaps as opposed to just being slammed with one glowing color and being done with it. It doesn't sound like much but this version's approach just looks off.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Shitenshi posted:

Yikes, changing Yulia to Iuria and Gilbert to Gilbald makes even the extremely crude original translation look good by comparison. Funny thing, Gilbald is more accurate in the kana than Gilbert, but Gilbald in English still sounds loving idiotic.

And unique "upgraded" enemies in the original like the Heavenly General here and her minions actually had palette swaps as opposed to just being slammed with one glowing color and being done with it. It doesn't sound like much but this version's approach just looks off.

Look, he likes Gil (G) and he's bald, that's an excellent name for such a person

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

I used to spoil, I'm sorry.
Ah, the 12 Heavenly Generals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve_Heavenly_Generals

One thing I often speculate is WHY Levi is choosing to kill these guys. It's really off the beaten path, and they didn't do anything to him. (Not that killing them is permanent, if you have another Tuning Fork, you can summon the same one again.)

Maybe he blamed Heaven for the nonsense he went through and felt like stabbing gods. There will be another moment of unnecessary deicide coming up that I'll mention too.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Shitenshi posted:

The glow looks better in motion.

Also it's not really too many more ways that they can palette swap these enemies. I suppose unique sprites for them would have been best, but it's still satisfying killing things that have their own Goku aura.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Update: The end.

I'm sorry folks, I really tried.

I've gone back to this dungeon four times in the last... month? since my last update, and never made it further than a fight before losing interest in playing almost completely.

I've had a lot going on in my life the last little while, but I think I've lost my mojo for the game completely.

I'm very proud of the fact that I made it through the game, which was always my intention, I had hoped to do the post game, but, hands in the air, it beat me.

This was an incredible game, and I'm very grateful that you've all stuck around for over 12 months to allow me the opportunity to show you it.

tithin posted:

For the record if someone's already gone to the effort of writing up a thing on the ending of the postgame, I'm happy to edit it into the last post as a final farewell to the thread, prior to it going to the archives.

mauman posted:

Not particularly in-depth and might be missing one or two details.

Anyways -

Coda 1 - Iuria (Canopus' sister) shows up and is possessed by a soul eating demon/thing called a Wicce (makes you wonder about Deneb) ....who turns out wasn't evil besides the whole must eat souls thing as she saved Iuria from a fate worse than death at the hands of pirates. This isn't revealed till the demon is destroyed though (which Iuria was sad about, but understood why it had to happen). You can't even start this coda (and therefore any of the Coda) if you beat the game on Neutral due to lacking a certain character.

Iuria joins the team and has her own class called the Songstress (which can also be used by pumpkin golems). The class is a bard type support and it's definitely of the spoony variety. Her best spells are cheap to buy and anybody can use them as an item, pretty much negating the need for the class.

Coda 2 - You go to the bottom of the Palace of the Damned, and find there's 15 more levels to it :suicide: . At the very bottom you find another chaos gate, open it and out pops Warren and Rodrick (King Dorgula's predecessor, and the guy who used those Apocrypha). As you imagine, you then have to keep Warren alive and kill Rodrick. Then Warren + the other Xenobians talk about how they need to leave but will remain friends.

This mission also requires you to go through PotD in the main game to clear out it's story missions (i.e. must kill Nybeth, remember him from Chapter 1?) before you do it in Coda. So THIS is the giant roadblock that most encounter with Coda. There are ways to skip levels in PotD, but they're kinda wonky.

Warren fully joins the group - his class Astromancer is basically the best dark magic caster in the game stats wise. He's missing a few spells from his spell list though preventing him from being truly great.

Coda 3 - here things get strange, it's not fully explained (or not at all really), but you go back in time and Save Lans from his fate by being at Rhime on time rather than being to late to stop the battle. Lans and Denim have a heart-to-heart talk where Lans compares Denim to the snes ogre-battle hero.

Lans joins the crew after this. Paladin is basically a souped up Knight with light casting added on.

Coda 4 - Denem says gently caress it, and goes ALL the way back in time to the battle where it all began - the night the Dark Knight's sacked his home town. He then goes and kills all of the Dark Knights, except Lans T. who warps away....

UNLESS you use JUST Denem, Catiua, and Vyce (so you have to go through Law) in which case if you save Lans T. for last, you can finally kill the bastard.

I'd imagine that this creates one hell of a time-paradox :downs:

Coda 4 also has some very touching scenes involving the power trio (Denem, Catiua, and Vyce) highlighting their character development. Denem has a very touching scene with his father in the past as well.

There's some really good battle-dialogue between characters and some really good cutscenes in this last Coda, which is a shame because of the bullshit of Coda 2 preventing most people from seeing it. In particular Ozma has a lot of dialogue talking about her part in all of it, and her regret for it all.

THEN you see an expanded version of the boat scene from the ending with all of the Xenobians (including Lans, Warren, Iuria, and even Deneb). The scene could also be called "Canopus get's dunked on".

Tallgeese posted:

Eh, I'll start.

Palace of the Dead Floor 1:

https://youtu.be/oRYezYkGPO0?t=3896

Floor 2, Rudlum:

https://youtu.be/rJUlYzKpYjc?t=554

Floor 3:

https://youtu.be/oRYezYkGPO0?t=4998

Floor 5, Nybeth Encounter:

https://youtu.be/oRYezYkGPO0?t=5721

Floor 22, Beelzebuth:

https://youtu.be/oRYezYkGPO0?t=11707

Floor 41, Beelzebuth Again:

https://youtu.be/oRYezYkGPO0?t=19050

Floor 74, Beelzebuth Final Encounter:

https://youtu.be/u9CqjBUg-Pw?t=9371

Floor 100, Nybeth Final:

https://youtu.be/u9CqjBUg-Pw?t=17421

---

Coda 1 - Conversation with Sirene, Iuria's Possessor:

https://youtu.be/Emq1R186Dig?t=5523

Battle with Sirene:

https://youtu.be/Emq1R186Dig?t=7259

Defeat of Sirene, Iuria Joins, End of Coda 1:

https://youtu.be/Emq1R186Dig?t=7813

---

Start of Coda 2:

https://youtu.be/Vy-dIUXoKuQ?t=34

Battle vs. Vepahl, leader of the Tigers of Burnham:

https://youtu.be/Vy-dIUXoKuQ?t=1040

Defeat of Vepahl:

https://youtu.be/Vy-dIUXoKuQ?t=1252

Vepahl Round 2:

https://youtu.be/Vy-dIUXoKuQ?t=2688

Death of Vepahl and Ethereal Vision Speech (The intention of this scene is often misrepresented by people with a bit too much imagination. Vepahl makes it quite clear they aren't angels either. That's why the name of the speaker is given as Angel"ic", as in it only looks it. This is made clearer by their class description indicating they're only very pretty wingeds. It's not clear what the Ethereal Visions actually are.):

https://youtu.be/Vy-dIUXoKuQ?t=3415

---

Blackmoor, Palace of the Dead Floor 100:

https://youtu.be/gzX7u_fCHag?t=5870

First Encounter with Mysterious Boy:

https://youtu.be/gzX7u_fCHag?t=3758

Second Encounter with Boy:

https://youtu.be/gzX7u_fCHag?t=10993

Battle vs. King Rodrick, Chamber of the Dead:

https://youtu.be/gzX7u_fCHag?t=14616

Defeat of Rodrick, End of Coda 2:

https://youtu.be/gzX7u_fCHag

---

Start of Coda 3:

https://youtu.be/7lQgdnCrd-4?t=28

I trust you can skip around for the rest of the scenes by yourselves, it's all there.

tithin fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Apr 8, 2018

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

tithin posted:

I've gone back to this dungeon four times in the last... month? since my last update, and never made it further than a fight before losing interest in playing almost completely.

I've had a lot going on in my life the last little while, but I think I've lost my mojo for the game completely.

I'm very proud of the fact that I made it through the game, which was always my intention, I had hoped to do the post game, but, hands in the air, it beat me.

This was an incredible game, and I'm very grateful that you've all stuck around for over 12 months to allow me the opportunity to show you it.

It's cool man. Grata on knocking out the campaign. The end game looks so horrible I think it's a good thing you're bowing out.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah I liked following along to see the law version of the story, but reading mechanics chat and the crazy arcane requirements for poo poo made me very glad to not be playing the game myself. Nice work making it through to the end!

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Honestly, the postgame is straight up absurd.

It's really just not fun at all.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

tithin posted:

Thanks for getting through it so far man. It takes liberal use of the AI system and an unholy zeal for the game to do the full Coda. I'm proud of you for getting so far.

If someone wants to write up the screen shots for the CODA, I'll send you the save file that will let you just world the screen shots for the cut scenes. I just don't have the free time at a computer to do so myself.

Edit: Actually here you all go. 3 sets of saves that either have the post game completely done, or are drat near there. Do with them what you will. I'll delete the public link in a week so pull it down before then.

waah fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Apr 24, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Oh hey, a LP of this. I've heard that there's a boss in Final Fantasy XIV (Nybeth something or other) that cameos from here.

I'll have to read through the updates to see how integral he is to the story.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Thanks for a great LP, Tithin! Shame about the postgame, but after seeing how arcane the requirements are for those quests, saying enough is enough looks to be a good option.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Oh hey, a LP of this. I've heard that there's a boss in Final Fantasy XIV (Nybeth something or other) that cameos from here.

I'll have to read through the updates to see how integral he is to the story.

I've got bad news for you buddy. We didn't quite get that to that part of the story.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Oh no. :negative:

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

He had an early appearance, where he is a necromancer. His daughter was also a necromancer.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
Man, it's been a while since we've had a game this cursed, seeing as the long-standing curses on Phoenix Wright and Pokémon have been busted for a while now.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Still not quite as cursed as Shining Force III, though.

Really, as the main game is complete, we can chalk this LP up as a great success.

I found the additional story dialogue very interesting, coming from a TO veteran that played plenty of the original but absolutely none of the remake.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

The post game looks so ugly I'd say curse broken because there's nothing worth playing left.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
Can someone just summarize the rest of the story and the rest of the game and call it a day?

Edit: I really should be saying thanks. This was a great LP, and I don't blame you for skipping out on what sounds like way too much bullshittery.

lobster22221 fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Apr 2, 2018

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Thank you Tithin for all the work you did for this lp and from my own limited experience with post game content I fully understand not wanting to go through all that bullshit.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

lobster22221 posted:

Can someone just summarize the rest of the story and the rest of the game and call it a day?

Edit: I really should be saying thanks. This was a great LP, and I don't blame you for skipping out on what sounds like way too much bullshittery.

I can send you a private message summing up the rest of the coda story if you like.

Regardless, this was a great lp and I congratulate you on getting as far as you did. Just getting through the main campaign (on the best path no less) was enough in my opinion.

mauman fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 3, 2018

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

mauman posted:

I can send you a private message summing up the rest of the coda story if you like.

Regardless, this was a great lp and I congratulate you on getting as far as you did. Just getting through the main campaign (on the best path no less) was enough in my opinion.

That would be nice. I tried to replay recently, but my psp is on the fritz and even if I had a working one I don't want to go through the pumpkin collecting and all that other stuff. Thanks.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Sordas Volantyr posted:

Man, it's been a while since we've had a game this cursed, seeing as the long-standing curses on Phoenix Wright and Pokémon have been busted for a while now.

Less of a curse and more along the lines of doing the post game in a timely fashion is a full time job. Even if you planned out everything and did a blitz to get through the CODA, you are looking at roughly 200ish hours of game play. That would be with crafting cheats to avoid having to do crafting and lots of luck with CHARIOT to get weapons that are needed to drop simply to complete the CODA, and skipping a bunch of side quests.

Throw in the fact that each update for an L.P. takes easily a couple hours of work in formatting and you are looking at probably another 150-200 hours in writing updates alone.

Taking time to actually show off everything and all paths and side quests easily balloons up to 450-500 hours oc gams play, and that's including cheats to avoid having to farm pumpkins/orichalcum. Honestly, it ends up being close to 15-20 actual work weeks to do a complete L.P. of this thing.

Like Mauman said, we are lucky that someone finished it before burning out.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
As someone who has a fairly low tolerance for video game bullshit, you got way further than I would have. Thanks for the LP, I think you did a great job. Really cool to see another FFT-like game with actual story.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Thanks for the LP, I don't blame you at all for skipping Palace of the Dead and the rest of that crap. That's just soul-crushing lovely tedium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Good LP, i enjoyed reading it

RIP Good Lans