Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
the best way to implement this would be to snoop on what other browser windows you have open and look for wikipedia pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I just use characters from foreign language films and it only gets those sometimes

even better to use a deuteragonist

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
In 4 different attempts on different devices some owned by me and some not (different networks), the first or second questions were "is your character a rabbit?"

So how hosed is this decision tree really??

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

SeaborneClink posted:

In 4 different attempts on different devices some owned by me and some not (different networks), the first or second questions were "is your character a rabbit?"

So how hosed is this decision tree really??

maybe everyone is thinking of easter bunny right now

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Jabor posted:

the best way to implement this would be to snoop on what other browser windows you have open and look for wikipedia pages

it might get overwhelmed if fishmech used it

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/bafeldman/status/980788535975399429

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

yeah, rally something to reflect on...............

:thunk:

oh well! past is in the past!

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

delete facebook

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

rjmccall posted:

she was almost certainly hosed anyway, it's just that greenwald ('s fact checkers iirc) provided like instant confirmation

Yeah didn't she get got because once the leak hit they had a log of exactly who accessed and printed those documents and she was the only one? Microdots confirmed but better sanitization of those wouldn't have done much

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Tesla is down 7% so far today and 30% in the last 30 days. Fuckin rad joke Elon :lol:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Agile Vector posted:

this. this is the most bullshit thing to come true from cyberpunk books and its depressing

you getting old?

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.

infernal machines posted:

also it looks like this

Fuckin' car has a hipster mustache.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

i dunno i somehow doubt the myanmar military uses facebook for anything

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i dunno i somehow doubt the myanmar military uses facebook for anything

the theory is that facebook and the meme-sharing insular bubble communities it allows is what facilitated the groundswell of anti-rohingya sentiment that motivated the military

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

haveblue posted:

the theory is that facebook and the meme-sharing insular bubble communities it allows is what facilitated the groundswell of anti-rohingya sentiment that motivated the military

possibly, but if myanmar is anything like russia, it would've been an entirely top-down decision by a couple of generals who have never used the internet

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

Yeah didn't she get got because once the leak hit they had a log of exactly who accessed and printed those documents and she was the only one? Microdots confirmed but better sanitization of those wouldn't have done much

yeah, also she had no legitimate reason to access those documents in the first place

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Fiedler posted:

Fuckin' car has a hipster mustache.

The rear end looks like it's pooping out a different car.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

What an ugly piece of poo poo

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Sagebrush posted:

That's weird, you'd think wikipedia would compress better

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

What an ugly piece of poo poo

turn

on

your

monitor

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

i like the i3 and i like my leaf and am slightly sad the new leaf looks more normal
its well established i have no taste in cars tho

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

I'm glad my gf likes the look of the cmax because its a practical hybrid and but I think its fuckugly

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

turn

on

your

monitor

lol

seriously though, it looks like someone got their elbow bumped when drawing the line between the B and C pillars. who the gently caress thinks that's acceptable? (rhetorical question. obviously a lot of people do, as this abomination is somehow seeing the light of day)

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

rjmccall posted:

yeah, also she had no legitimate reason to access those documents in the first place

yeah unsurprisingly after manning and snowden the us government are slowly catching on to the idea of "maybe we should log when someone downloads and prints our_crimes.txt"

also akinator is some bullshit, after about ten questions it established the person i was thinking of was a non-fictional man who fought in both world wars, was english, and didn't have a loving youtube channel, and then gave me three guesses of people who fit none of those criteria (winston churchill, harry patch, and some loving youtuber of course)

then it kept asking me if the person i was thinking of (again, english, fought in both world wars, not on youtube) had tentacles

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

gen z are killing akinator

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

lol deleted

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sagebrush posted:

The rear end looks like it's pooping out a different car.

did your parents never explain where new cars come from

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/jlfeder/status/980842142103941121

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

goddamnedtwisto posted:

yeah unsurprisingly after manning and snowden the us government are slowly catching on to the idea of "maybe we should log when someone downloads and prints our_crimes.txt"

iiuc, the cia/nsa/dod have had pretty good in-house logging for a long time. snowden abused bad practices at contractors, which is definitely a gently caress-up. manning mostly leaked a bunch of stuff that she had legitimate access to as part of her job, which is the sort of thing that's pretty hard to ever lock down on

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

rjmccall posted:

iiuc, the cia/nsa/dod have had pretty good in-house logging for a long time. snowden abused bad practices at contractors, which is definitely a gently caress-up. manning mostly leaked a bunch of stuff that she had legitimate access to as part of her job, which is the sort of thing that's pretty hard to ever lock down on

well winner also abused contractor access too, but manning would have been away scot free if adrian lamo wasn't a grass.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/980566116614291456

drat I somehow missed this

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

they mentioned it this morning on NPR after saying the stock market was down and Tesla's stock in particular was down

they did not sound amused

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

wait is the display subtly blinking the warning that you need to take control again??

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

leftist heap posted:

wait is the display subtly blinking the warning that you need to take control again??

it looks like it's blinking the lane departure warning because it also highlights the left side of the lane

e: wait no it starts blinking before that, i have no idea but lol at how fuckin' subtle the "hey you're about to die fyi" warnings are

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

she was the only one who accessed and printed those documents in the Atlanta office

the Intercept were the ones who told the government that it was printed, and also told the government where it was mailed from

she would've been on a short suspect list no matter what, but considering that Greenwald basically built his rise to fame on being the guy who leaks government documents, people tend to expect that he shoulda known better

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
hey there tech bubble thread what's poppin today

https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/980843702779371520

https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/980860571879989248

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

i am very jealous of his hair implants

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

i lust for stock death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

goddamnedtwisto posted:

well winner also abused contractor access too, but manning would have been away scot free if adrian lamo wasn't a grass.

I’m glad he’s dead, gently caress that guy