Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Green Tea Erotica posted:

Is anyone a fan of Bloodaxe? I feel he's the posterboy for the, "o guess we have art for this guy. Let's slap a servant together."

They always got people like him in the gacha games.

Decent waveclear. I use him sometimes when farming hands.

But then I again I try to use most of my Servant roster anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Pureauthor posted:

https://webview.fate-go.us/2018/0401_jalter/

Jalter event info

Also an unusual 5 hours maintenance has been scheduled.

They have to upgrade the desire sensor for jalter

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
They might be trying to do the client upgrade that adds the Extra support slot, since Jalter's a poster girl for it and people will want to look for extra classes in the event. If so that would likely need more testing than usual.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Man, my Waver friends are going to make a mint off me when Da Vinci comes up. Even more than they already do, of course.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Why would they actually translate Empieta instead of just leaving it alone?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Gologle posted:

Why would they actually translate Empieta instead of just leaving it alone?

Because it's not actually a translation and their job is to translate?

The real name is something like "Grieving for the Dead" or something like that (or maybe I'm wrong I don't remember). But of course it's a parody of the famous Pietà, and to keep with the other fine art parody CEs (Liberty Leading the People -> Holy Maiden Leading Chaldea, School of Athens -> School of Chaldea) I took "Pietà", which means "pity/compassion" in Italian, googled around to find the negative prefix and combined the two (and badgered people at IRC to reassure me I wasn't making a huge mistake). Of course, Empieta doesn't actually appear in any dictionary and technically it's not even appropriate to the artwork but gently caress it I wanted my theming.

Localization at work, kids!

(actually I'm looking through the original names again and School of Chaldea should've probably been Observation of Chaldea but I was always rushed with these things and maybe the japanese names of these artworks is different? I dunno.)

E: What's the NA name, anyways?

Kyte fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Apr 2, 2018

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

They should fix the bad grammar in Jalter's NP name.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Kyte posted:

Scholars of Chaldea

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

More male servants, I say. Where’s Ruler Javert and Berserker Valjean?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Tae posted:

Scholars of Chaldea

I meant Empieta but thanks for that one.

Come to think of it, does the wikia rename their stuff as NA releases content or what?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Kyte posted:

I meant Empieta but thanks for that one.

Come to think of it, does the wikia rename their stuff as NA releases content or what?

Wikis are wikis, so it's inconsistent. I believe grandorder.wiki has a policy of changing its English names to match the official ones when they're released, like so.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
It is a little less than two days to the great Gachapocalypse, when Jeanne Alter will happily bathe in the ocean of tears and despair that is to come. In light of that, I would just like to take the time to remind all of you of one important fact.

The gacha is

bad civilization.

It hates you

and wants you

to fail.

Remember to roll responsibly!

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Oh I see.
Yeah they should've kept Empietà.

As an aside, when you toss the japanese phrase through jisho (which goes by kanji) and google translate (which is more holistic) you end up with opposite interpretations!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I will roll. I will fail.

I still have SAlter, I still have Hercules, I still have Lancelot.

I have the "punch you really really hard" team.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
tbh im tempted to save for saber lancelot because he fit my team better

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I will throw some tickets and maybe 10-roll or two on Jalter, just out of solidarity, but I don't really care about her. :shrug:

There is only one edgy Avenger waifu I will whale for and that is Gorgon.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Pureauthor posted:

https://webview.fate-go.us/2018/0401_jalter/

Jalter event info

Also an unusual 5 hours maintenance has been scheduled.

Jalter event, 4-04 not found

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Green Tea Erotica posted:

Is anyone a fan of Bloodaxe? I feel he's the posterboy for the, "o guess we have art for this guy. Let's slap a servant together."

They always got people like him in the gacha games.

I'm a fan of the three quartz you get from getting his interlude and rank up quests (though we haven't gotten his second one in English yet).

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Erik's an AoE berserker so he's good for cheap waveclearing.

The actual answer to the original question is that there are a lot of female servants that aren't particularly good either or average, they just happen to be shinier since they have a higher rarity.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

BlazeEmblem posted:

I'm a fan of the three quartz you get from getting his interlude and rank up quests (though we haven't gotten his second one in English yet).

Don't forget the bond quartz!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Kyte posted:

Don't forget the bond quartz!

He's bronze, so all you are getting are golden apples.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Lt. Lizard posted:

As I understand it 2*s give gold apples at 6 and 7, quartz at 8 and 9. A lot of places seem to be missing that information.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

taser rates posted:

The actual answer to the original question is that there are a lot of female servants that aren't particularly good either or average, they just happen to be shinier since they have a higher rarity.
I can hear Stheno's wailing from here.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

NRVNQSR posted:

As I understand it 2*s give gold apples at 6 and 7, quartz at 8 and 9. A lot of places seem to be missing that information.

Huh, interesting. I never tried increasing bond level with 2*, because why anyone do that?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Lt. Lizard posted:

Huh, interesting. I never tried increasing bond level with 2*, because why anyone do that?

Because Hans is best boy :colbert:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Kyte posted:

Because it's not actually a translation and their job is to translate?

The real name is something like "Grieving for the Dead" or something like that (or maybe I'm wrong I don't remember). But of course it's a parody of the famous Pietà, and to keep with the other fine art parody CEs (Liberty Leading the People -> Holy Maiden Leading Chaldea, School of Athens -> School of Chaldea) I took "Pietà", which means "pity/compassion" in Italian, googled around to find the negative prefix and combined the two (and badgered people at IRC to reassure me I wasn't making a huge mistake). Of course, Empieta doesn't actually appear in any dictionary and technically it's not even appropriate to the artwork but gently caress it I wanted my theming.

Localization at work, kids!

(actually I'm looking through the original names again and School of Chaldea should've probably been Observation of Chaldea but I was always rushed with these things and maybe the japanese names of these artworks is different? I dunno.)

The Japanese translation for School of Athens is アテナイの学堂 (Athen's Temple of Knowledge, or house of learning), the CE's name is カルデアの顕学 (Chaldea's Famous Scholars).

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Lt. Lizard posted:

Nah even bronzes give a single SQ for the last few Bond levels.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Bronze also max bond much faster.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Transient People posted:

Because Hans is best boy :colbert:

Hans is incredible. Seriously he's my best support character, and is comparable to top tier 5 star support

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I've thought about it, and I now like the name Merciless One more than Empieta, because combined with the artwork it looks like Joan of Arc is snapping Giles' loving back across her knee and that's rad and I approve.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Lt. Lizard posted:

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Bond_Points

Vengarr posted:

The Japanese translation for School of Athens is アテナイの学堂 (Athen's Temple of Knowledge, or house of learning), the CE's name is カルデアの顕学 (Chaldea's Famous Scholars).

Well that's interesting. So I guess I went full Localization™ with the Da Vinci CEs.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Apr 2, 2018

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Given how much I mess around in the Discord, figured I ought to properly post in here. Been playing F/GO for about a month, so everybody still has a lot of work to do in leveling, but I still have a decent amount of friend slots so would welcome anybody who hasn't already added me.

EDIT: Discord photos are dumb and obnoxious - Friend ID is 761,956,109

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
The best way to avoid Jalter salt is to realize your 5* luck is garbage and you have to save up 4-5x what literally anyone else does to get a single one. Possibly. If I'm lucky.

I wonder how much quartz / tickets I'll have by December. I've got 122 / 7 now, so that's probably 450ish if I never miss a login / do all Master Missions, and 78 tickets from logins / Da Vinci Shop alone. Probably closer to 100 after all the events and such. So probably somewhere between 70-75% chance of getting Merlin. If saving for 8+ months doesn't get me him, nothing will.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Yeah, that's kind of where I'm at, where I'm tempted to roll for Grimjanne but I have to remind myself I only have like 100+ rolls saved up and that's actually still bad odds.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Just a reminder that we'll probably get another Jalter rate-up six months down the line, so unlike MHX and Bryn she's not gone for years.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Also, with level 100 Okita backed up by Waver and Lance, I'm not exactly hurting for high damage output these days. It may not be The Best, but she does well enough against anybody who doesn't love arrows.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Tae posted:

Just a reminder that we'll probably get another Jalter rate-up six months down the line, so unlike MHX and Bryn she's not gone for years.

True but in between that time period is both Da Vinci and Nero Bride Rerun so i'm not risking poo poo cuz I want those two as well.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

i have like zero interest in jalter, but im still tempted to roll for her because everyone says she's so good gameplay wise.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If you're not rolling for Jalter, the next few months until Camelot still has a lot of 5 stars:
-Shuten Douji (AoE Assassin, which is a thing only Phantom does)
-Xuanzang (The best DPS you'll get from a Caster until like Caster Nero)
-Minamoto no Yorimitsu (Close to being Jalter in damage with her kit+passives, easily the best farmer zerker)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

It is a little less than two days to the great Gachapocalypse, when Jeanne Alter will happily bathe in the ocean of tears and despair that is to come. In light of that, I would just like to take the time to remind all of you of one important fact.

The gacha is

bad civilization.

It hates you

and wants you

to fail.

Remember to roll responsibly!

Preparing to count myself among those miserable souls