Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I'm fine with the way they wrote them off and the idea that Nyssa and Thea are off having adventures and can show up alone or together later. Roy's inclusion and reintroducing just feels very superfulous.

I get that they were trying to give Thea some happy reason to leave so Oliver and everyone was cool with it in a way they wouldn't have been if she had just gone off with Nyssa to dodge Assasins. But Roy was third wheeled so bad that they wrote in him moping about it and then inviting himself along.

Which makes me laugh, but just makes me want him to meet Wally more.

They stuck a cap on him, and it wasn't red. Never forgiving that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So I guess they junked Roy's suit at some point?

Oh and that cop Curtis asked out is totally dead.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

So I guess they junked Roy's suit at some point?

Oh and that cop Curtis asked out is totally dead.

Roy's been on the hotdogs and retirement diet.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

It makes sense Roy doesn't have his costume because -- and I know they aren't really the same thing, but in the logic of the show -- Roy gave it to Thea before he left town.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Team Arrow is so poor they had to slice up Roy's suit to make Thea's I guess? But yeah, Colton being visibly fatter is probably the reason.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

STAC Goat posted:

It was kind of a dumb way to get Roy back involved to get Thea uninvolved. I like Roy and all but seems like they could have just done the Nyssa thing to write Thea out. Roy kind of didn't have any purpose.
Maybe the writers saw the people in this thread trying to pair Thea up with Quentin and just went "Nope! Look, her age-appropriate boyfriend is back and they're going away to be together forever so we'll have no more of that line of speculation, thanks!"

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Roy did mention when he first saw Thea that he thought that her hood was his old hood and it looked better on her.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I’m surprised Roy could still do a flip to be perfectly honest. He’s really let himself go.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

The Lord Bude posted:

I’m surprised Roy could still do a flip to be perfectly honest. He’s really let himself go.

I started tuning this episode out because it was really boring. A couple of times I forgot who Roy was and was confused for a second because I thought that they ran across someone's dad and gave them a quiver of arrows for some reason.

*shot of badass thea looking around*
*shot of badass oliver looking at spartan*
*Nissa looks amazing pulling out a knife*
*stereotypical nascar fan in trucker cap standing confused* .......oh wait that's Roy

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I like Roy better than all the other chucklefucks they had on their team this year. Roy would kick all their asses.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

GreenNight posted:

I like Roy better than all the other chucklefucks they had on their team this year. Roy would kick all their asses.

Roy's the one that got away.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Bring back Ragman.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Bring back Slade
Bring back Malcolm

You know, Oliver is getting off pretty scott free on this whole Nora Darhk thing.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I remember Colton saying back in the day that he loved being on the show but he really missed being able to eat McDonald’s. At the time I just thought he was being cute, but it looks like he really did eat some Macca’s in the interim. Honestly, it kind of makes me like him more.

And, like, yeah he’s chubbier than the basically-a-Greek-statue that he was before, but he’s still probably fitter than 90% of the people posting on these forums (maybe excluding YLLS).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I spent the last year getting healthy and fit, lost 51 pounds. Having seen the facial change in myself it was the first thing I noticed with Roy.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

drat man, good job. If I lost 51 pounds I'd be under 100 by a decent percent.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thanks, I was really just making a point about how weight changes are more visible in your face I wasn't trying to brag. :)

Amell is on FB fanboying over meeting Tom Welling.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
https://www.instagram.com/p/BgrOggAhBL2/

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Thanks, I was really just making a point about how weight changes are more visible in your face I wasn't trying to brag. :)

Amell is on FB fanboying over meeting Tom Welling.

Speaking of actors who gained weight

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's very solid looking.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

muscles like this! posted:

He's very solid looking.

He's in Lucifer. He's a tank.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He was fat as poo poo two years ago. He's looking a lot better.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I know context clues should tell me that's Tom Welling but I do not recognize that person.

Tiggum posted:

Maybe the writers saw the people in this thread trying to pair Thea up with Quentin and just went "Nope! Look, her age-appropriate boyfriend is back and they're going away to be together forever so we'll have no more of that line of speculation, thanks!"

I accept this answer for the greater good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The casting call for Superman on Supergirl really lit a fire under Welling's rear end. He hit the gym and it may not have gotten him that role but he pulled his rear end back together and it paid off with the role on Lucifer and now he's being invited to cons again. If he can keep himself from being a dick he might have a pretty good future in front of him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's a lot of fun on Lucifer playing a deadpan version of Biblical Cain.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I was going to say that Welling hadn't aged gracefully at all; but then I realised that Smallville started nearly 17 years ago - It makes me feel really old. I like him on Lucifer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Lord Bude posted:

I was going to say that Welling hadn't aged gracefully at all; but then I realised that Smallville started nearly 17 years ago - It makes me feel really old. I like him on Lucifer.

He's only 41. AFter his career hid the skids I heard he drank himself down pretty far. He looked like poo poo right when Arrow was starting up.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rhyno posted:

He's only 41. AFter his career hid the skids I heard he drank himself down pretty far. He looked like poo poo right when Arrow was starting up.

Didn't Arrow start the season after Smallville ended?

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

muscles like this! posted:

He's a lot of fun on Lucifer playing a deadpan version of Biblical Cain.

He's got very nice arms.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

STAC Goat posted:

There was a Green Arrow project in pre production and Justin Hartley was attached at the time. He was pretty lovely over not being a part of the show for a couple years. But I'm sure being on This is Us has made him chill out.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

2 seasons. Smallville finished in May 2011; Arrow premiered in October 2012. It's funny to think back at how I wished that it was a direct smallville spinoff with Hartley. As much as Hartley was the best part of smallville; Amell is so much better. I could never have imagined what the arrowverse would become.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I guess I just kind of mashed together all the rumors/online drama/whatever about Hartley being in it and it being a Smallville spinoff. Also I didn't actually watch Arrow S1 because I kind of thought it was a Smallville spinoff and I was done with that show and severed when it was over so I didn't check it out until Flash came along and I realized it was something totally different. So I guess my timeline's all screwed up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Renewed

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sigh.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Yay!

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

How bad does a city have to get before you move out of it? After like season 2 (really, 1 actually) they're basically like people who live on the gulf coast and get their home destroyed by a hurricane, then build a new house on the gulf coast. Then again this is the universe where people can do crime anywhere on the planet so they choose central city.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So Willa Holland is officially done and one place made it sound like she wasn't interested in coming back so we can probably assume we'll never see Roy again either.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The articles I read didn't really seem to indicate she was gone forever, just that she didn't want to be signed up for the long episode haul. That doesn't preclude her from signing up for short term runs down the line. Who knows?

It sounds like roughly the same deal as Wentworth Miller.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well the difference being people will actually miss Wentworth Miller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Well the difference being people will actually miss Wentworth Miller.

Willa Holland is fun and actually made Thea likable after the 1st season, which was a triumph. Her character kinda just hit a brick wall.