Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So who did Negan picked up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I can't get over how they have literally made the main characters the evil antagonists of the show. Is this their GoT-twist? That the audience is supposed to be on Negan's side? :pwn:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hot Take: this ~huge mystery~ will turn out to be no one they've introduced before, but will have a cartoonishly-dramatic first scene like a Tarantino villain or something. :rolleye:

EDIT: also, we've all taken to shouting "God save you, Henry," or "Henry's come to see us!" in honor of Kingdom Come: Deliverance whenever that dumb kid shows up on screen. Honestly, the writing on this show is bordering on child abuse with the hilariously bad decisions they keep making these underage characters take. Like, for the rest of this kid's life people are going to be like "why did you open the gate, Henry!?"

Toxic Fart Syndrome fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Apr 2, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Hot Take: this ~huge mystery~ will turn out to be no one they've introduced before, but will have a cartoonishly-dramatic first scene like a Tarantino villain or something. :rolleye:

My initial guess after thinking about it for a second was the chick that Dwight shot when he betrayed the Saviors way back when but that wouldn’t make any loving sense. Then again he rest of the show doesn’t make sense either.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

My initial guess after thinking about it for a second was the chick that Dwight shot when he betrayed the Saviors way back when but that wouldn’t make any loving sense. Then again he rest of the show doesn’t make sense either.

Yeah it's absolutely this woman, she'll narc on Dwight

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
What the gently caress is going on?

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

On the pacific coast, the hatewatching routine is really only just beginning...
-Paused the DVR for 25 straight minutes and do something else to soak up the overabundant commercials
-[next] Watch 40 minutes of concentrated poo poo
-Read forum posts from other people who also watched the concentrated poo poo
-hatepost
-repeat

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

How is a walker with his head fixed on a dolly a threat

what the poo poo

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I don't think I even understood anything in this episode. poo poo happened for no reason, everyone jusct acted way out of character, and almost nothing happened to advance the plot.

Why would Jadis tie up Negan, hand him a gun and a lit flare and put some important photos next to him? And wheel up a zombie? Oh and it was the FLARE she needed to SIGNAL HELICOPTER. It was like some contrived puzzle game.

And OFC Negan doesn't even mention the helicopter...

Tara: "I'm probably infected, you'll have to kill me!"
Tara: "NvmI'm better now!"

Every character: "I hate you! I like you! Let's team up and do stupid poo poo!"

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
I'd like to know why/how the Heapster lady (who apparently is now an Indigo Girl) built herself a Norwegian prison cell

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Astroman posted:

I don't think I even understood anything in this episode. poo poo happened for no reason, everyone jusct acted way out of character, and almost nothing happened to advance the plot.

Why would Jadis tie up Negan, hand him a gun and a lit flare and put some important photos next to him? And wheel up a zombie? Oh and it was the FLARE she needed to SIGNAL HELICOPTER. It was like some contrived puzzle game.

And OFC Negan doesn't even mention the helicopter...

Tara: "I'm probably infected, you'll have to kill me!"
Tara: "NvmI'm better now!"

Every character: "I hate you! I like you! Let's team up and do stupid poo poo!"

He did, he was like "Are you going to tell me about the 'copter, Trashlady?" and she said nothing but was all :hai: which let us know ~she'll be back~

brocked posted:

I'd like to know why/how the Heapster lady (who apparently is now an Indigo Girl) built herself a Norwegian prison cell

oh man how cool would it be if the dumb trash lady was secretly a really smarty clean person???? :supaburn:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Daryl said something along the lines of something I already believed about the disease: "It's not like a bite, sometimes nothing happens"

The show acknowledges that a tainted gun or blade doesn't necessarily infect the wounded, but can. Despite Negan's declaration, it can fail

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Rick and Morgan betraying those people was good and really the only part I paid attention to.

Trash lady set some sort of trap for Negan and then let him go? helicopter? a mysterious hitchhiker? That's mostly what I got from the episode.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CODChimera posted:

Rick and Morgan betraying those people was good and really the only part I paid attention to.

I loved that part. It was like that moment in the bar in season 2 when Rick is like "Yeah gently caress this." It was beautiful. Best thing they've done in seasons.

CODChimera posted:

Trash lady set some sort of trap for Negan and then let him go? helicopter? a mysterious hitchhiker? That's mostly what I got from the episode.

Given she's packed her bags and is sleeping there the helicopter seems to be in cahoots with the trash people. But mostly they're just strange as gently caress.

But yeah there was no Goddamn reason this episode needed to be over an hour.

PS: I bet that the hitchhiker is the woman that got away that knows Dwight shot at them.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Favorite part of the Negan - Jadis exchange is the fact the show wants us to think Negan is the good guy for not wiping out the trash people. Yet he did tell Simon to do the standard reminder, which includes bashing the brains out of 2-3 people, Jadis included.

So sorry show, I can't exactly get on team Negan here.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

It's the woman that knows Dwight is the traitor.

She's the only savior that is unaccounted for wandering around the woods that Negan would also stop and pick up. It's possible it's someone else but the list of candidates is pretty much 1. This is double the reason he wanted to "roll out surprises."

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Apr 2, 2018

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Astroman posted:

Why did she have to burn the bat in salt?

This episode felt like I was half asleep while watching.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Ego-bot posted:

Fire burn bat
salt rust wire

I'm guessing, in Jadis-speak

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SocketWrench posted:

Fire burn bat
salt rust wire

I'm guessing, in Jadis-speak

It's equally likely that Jadis planned to eat a salted bat after a BBQ, not understanding the concept of how food works.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Ego-bot posted:

Maybe she watched a lot of supernatural and wanted to make sure Lucille couldn't come back as a ghost by salting+burning her body.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It Carl

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Maybe she watched a lot of supernatural and wanted to make sure Lucille couldn't come back as a ghost by salting+burning her body.

This all works out. Explains a lot about Negans reactions too.

LinkesAuge
Sep 7, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

I loved that part. It was like that moment in the bar in season 2 when Rick is like "Yeah gently caress this." It was beautiful. Best thing they've done in seasons.

The only thing they did was once again to press the reset button on Rick's character "development" so now he can be evil (while not REALLY being evil) until he is "cured" again and then he'll plant more tomatoes.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

It was an enjoyable episode by TWD standards, even if they've run out of blank ammo money again.

The Jadis bed-zombie thing made no sense whatsoever. The helicopter visit was a pre-arranged lifeline check, I guess? They'll presumably be back again.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sulman posted:

It was an enjoyable episode by TWD standards, even if they've run out of blank ammo money again.

The Jadis bed-zombie thing made no sense whatsoever. The helicopter visit was a pre-arranged lifeline check, I guess? They'll presumably be back again.

They probably check for a flare or another visual then move on to other locations. So chances are they just wrote off Jadis as a loss.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

that sure was great storytelling, all of Jadis's everything this episode

i'm so riveted by her lack-of-budget bedroom, the backstory to how she survived that episode a few(?) weeks ago, the riveting helicopter storyline, and where she got a surplus of salt, not like that's an important resource for the apocalypse, or anything

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
I kinda called it.

Doppelganger posted:

I am so loving sick of Henry mewling about how "I can help! I can fight!" I hope the next episode opens with him crying like a baby after a bunch of forest walkers have chased him up a tree.
Also, this episode reminded me of South Park.

Sharon: Randy, you have to read Stan's letter! It was probably about his dying wish for peace!
Randy: In a minute babe! Just gotta go on a kill spree real quick!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I haven't watched the ep, but is the helicopter related to the woman with the book o' recipes? Or are there two large, different communities that we will find out about later?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Negan wheeling his tied up body over and getting, somehow, a gun, photographs and a flare... and then LIGHTING the flare somehow was just the dumbest loving goddamn poo poo ever. Jesus Christ.

And then the flare rolling into a conveniently "random" puddle of water... I mean loving hell. That's some lazy rear end poo poo there.

Also love Negan getting away. Again.

Also BB King named his guitar Lucille after it almost burned to the ground along a bar he was playing in. In the 40s two men were fighting in a bar and knocked over a fire pit or something and caught the bar on fire. He ran back in to get the guitar and later named it Lucille after the girl the two men were fighting over.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

I haven't watched the ep, but is the helicopter related to the woman with the book o' recipes? Or are there two large, different communities that we will find out about later?

all we learned is trash lady knows something about the helicopter, oh and she has an immaculately clean Ikea hideout

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Wow, that bar scene seemed really pointlessly nasty. It was clear everyone except Jared and maybe one other guy were seriously considering the offer of getting their wounded buddies help and going back to Rick’s community, because they also realized the Saviors couldn’t care less about them.

They’re working together to fight off the zombies then ‘lol I lied’. Realizing too late you should’ve listened to the squirrelly guy trying to regain favor with Negan must doubly suck. But I guess the roulette wheel landed on ‘Rick and Morgan violent kill machines again’. They could have re-stocked their redshirt supply for the final battle.

And the return of Rick ‘waste a bullet’ Grimes. Dude was already mortally wounded. If supplies are that depleted from the Savior assault like Maggie said before, just chop the guy with the axe.

E: Oh, looks like Aaron appears next week. Has he been seen since, like the MSF?

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 2, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think they’re using the chopper and book/record lady as hints of the commonwealth or whatever it is the new community being introduced in the books is. Which could indicate they’re straight up skipping the Whisperer arc? Which makes sense if they don’t want to keep Negan around given that he’s a big part of what follows and the show is already diverging on almost everything else.

It’ll be a shame if they do get rid of Negan. I think he’s only reason I bother with the show still.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Every time the "bad guys" capture some of Our Heroes, who escape and massacre the bad guys my eyes roll a little harder than they did the last time. Someone please, waste a bullet on me.

I can kinda understand trying to capture Rick to please Negan. But surely Morgan is on everyone's "Holy Christ kill this guy as soon as you see him, do not gently caress around or you will not make it to the end of the episode" list. I'm sad I read that he's going to FTWD, his arc could have some meaning if he ever had some comeuppance for his actions, which are bordering on genocide.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I would love the idea of the group running into new survivors and the survivors recoil in horror when Rick says his name.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
We've heard about Rick

He talked about stuff and thangs

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Marmaduke! posted:

Every time the "bad guys" capture some of Our Heroes, who escape and massacre the bad guys my eyes roll a little harder than they did the last time. Someone please, waste a bullet on me.

I can kinda understand trying to capture Rick to please Negan. But surely Morgan is on everyone's "Holy Christ kill this guy as soon as you see him, do not gently caress around or you will not make it to the end of the episode" list. I'm sad I read that he's going to FTWD, his arc could have some meaning if he ever had some comeuppance for his actions, which are bordering on genocide.

I think Morgan’s comeuppance will be ‘transferred to a better show that nobody watches’.

I feel like if Grady Hospital ever got overrun (off-screen) at some point and the survivors got folded into another group, which later comes across Rick, you could have some goofy ‘horrified reaction to hearing their names’ bit.

‘What’s your name, stranger?’
‘Rick. Rick Grimes.’
(A few people in the group start murmuring nervously amongst themselves)
‘You wouldn’t happen to be the same Rick Grimes that ran a cop over with his own car and shot him in the head are you?’
‘Uhhhhhhhh...’

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
All the guy had to do was stop running away from the madman!!

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Is it really, really sad that C-tier show Supernatural on a C-tier network has like 50x the production value of current Walking Dead, the biggest TV-show on an "A list" network?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Truant posted:

that sure was great storytelling, all of Jadis's everything this episode

i'm so riveted by her lack-of-budget bedroom, the backstory to how she survived that episode a few(?) weeks ago, the riveting helicopter storyline, and where she got a surplus of salt, not like that's an important resource for the apocalypse, or anything

I'd guess she's waiting for them to come back again, given she packed her luggage and seems to be waiting.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Marmaduke! posted:

My headcanon is that Morgan (the character) has realized that he is a main character in a TV series, and that his world is not real...

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Marmaduke! posted:

Don't be sad. Fear is the far, far superior show now. All of the preview stuff I've heard sounds like even with the new show runners, it's still the far, far superior show.

If you checked out of it at season 1/2 it's improved leaps and bounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LadyPictureShow posted:

I think Morgan’s comeuppance will be ‘transferred to a better show that nobody watches’.

I feel like if Grady Hospital ever got overrun (off-screen) at some point and the survivors got folded into another group, which later comes across Rick, you could have some goofy ‘horrified reaction to hearing their names’ bit.

‘What’s your name, stranger?’
‘Rick. Rick Grimes.’
(A few people in the group start murmuring nervously amongst themselves)
‘You wouldn’t happen to be the same Rick Grimes that ran a cop over with his own car and shot him in the head are you?’
‘Uhhhhhhhh...’

"Why'd you do that Rick?"
"He punched one of us that took him hostage and tried to run away."
"Did he shoot anyone or kill anyone--"
"No but he talked a lot and gently caress it"

Nobody seems to remember that whenever they call Rick a good man. He literally has no reason to execute the guy at that point in time.