Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I do appreciate that the CW has such full confidence in their superhero shows that they can renew them all in a single block.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

nine-gear crow posted:

I do appreciate that the CW has such full confidence in their superhero shows that they can renew them all in a single block.

They renewed Supernatural, Riverdale, Dynasty, Crazy Ex Girlfriend, and Jane the Virgin in the same block.

You gotta stand out to get cancelled by CW. Skimming the article the only one probably getting the ax is Valor and the rest still on the fence are iZombie, Life Sentence, and the 100, all of which I'm pretty sure just started their seasons in the last few weeks.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Life Sentence's ratings loving SUCK so it probably won't be renewed.

Also the 100 hasn't started yet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

CW seems to kind of moved past that kind of "twee" YA identity that show seemed to speak to. They just have to embrace the nerd.

Jane the Virgin I guess might be the exception but from the little I've seen of that it seems more like a very tongue in cheek telenovela.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Was there a rumor of another DC show this fall?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I thought it was Static Shock and we all know that's not going to happen. :(

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

There's that Titans show.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

muscles like this! posted:

If they gently caress up Dick Grayson ima coming for them.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

That one's online only though, isn't it?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was originally going to be on TNT but yes, I believe it is now on some nascent streaming service, along with a new season of Young Justice.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

STAC Goat posted:

Jane the Virgin I guess might be the exception but from the little I've seen of that it seems more like a very tongue in cheek telenovela.

it is and it owns

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’m sure the CW superhero shows are the only things bringing in an older audience.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Koalas March posted:

I thought it was Static Shock and we all know that's not going to happen. :(

I'm sure the rights will get sorted out in 10 years or so. Maybe less if they decided to quit trying to gently caress over McDuffie's widow.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

nine-gear crow posted:

That one's online only though, isn't it?

Yeah it’s being developed for the DC streaming service, or Warner’s streaming service, or something. It’s another Berlanti show, but like Black Lightning will be in its own universe.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Rocksicles posted:

If they gently caress up Dick Grayson ima coming for them.

You have my axe! (You know they're going to)

DC realizes they're just asking to be pirated the poo poo out of with this streaming service crap right. The Venn diagram between comic nerds and computer nerds is pretty much a circle.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Oracle posted:

DC realizes they're just asking to be pirated the poo poo out of with this streaming service crap right. The Venn diagram between comic nerds and computer nerds is pretty much a circle.

Doubly so when you factor Canadian nerds into the equation unless one of our CanCon broadcasters steps up to the plate and airs it. Showcase has actually been pretty spot-on with that lately though. When Supergirl moved off of CBS, they grabbed the rights to air it in Canada. They also showed Runaways on TV because we still don't have Hulu up here.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oracle posted:

That made me laugh, i'd just just done "and my axe!" comment on reddit this morning.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ugh.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

My mom is going to be really excited about this. 😂😂😂

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Cisco is not amused.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GreenNight posted:

Cisco is not amused.

He's my spirit animal.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

You can tell this was something the writers came up with for Smith because he isn't wearing jorts.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

howe_sam posted:

You can tell this was something the writers came up with for Smith because he isn't wearing jorts.

You're joking but there is an actual interview where he was like "I almost didn't do this because they wanted me to wear pants but then Jason talked me into it"

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Canceled, no hope of renewal, send cleaners after all the actors, destroy all physical and digital media, and use MKULTRA tech to mindwipe all knowledge of this show was the actual correct move for CW

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Remember this?

Life imitating art:

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

GreenNight posted:

Cisco is not amused.

I think an important thing this reminded me of: What happens to the mannequin when Flash grabs his suit?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Apr 9, 2018

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Klungar posted:

I put the entire CW, checkmate! :smug:

You voted for Arrow, riposted

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

this is my shocked face :geno:

STAC Goat posted:

You gotta stand out to get cancelled by CW. Skimming the article the only one probably getting the ax is Valor and the rest still on the fence are iZombie, Life Sentence, and the 100, all of which I'm pretty sure just started their seasons in the last few weeks.

There is zero way iZombie gets headshot. I'm not gonna toxx it because toxxing is dumb and stupid, but...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

That little twist with DeVoe's wife was pretty good. Whoever said that his wife will bring him down is probably right, especially with the dialogue basically saying that.

Null was the dumbest villain and I am impressed she gave them that much trouble.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Boy that was just... Limp? I mean it wasn't awful but I don't think I've felt so unengaged while watching the show in a while.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Please actually be Eobard

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I like how the night the show airs the live posting has all but stopped.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I mean the arrowverse basically can't beat the legends finale this year.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bentacos posted:

I mean the arrowverse basically can't beat the legends finale this year.

Been the story every week since LoT's season began.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
I just forgot it was finally back from its multi-week lack of new episodes.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Got the inking we might be loosing Cisco from this ep. :( Though it migjht mean Dibney sticking around - or maybe finally doing something with Caytlin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dracorion
Jul 23, 2013
Cisco replaces Machete at the end of the season, next season's bad guy is a universe-hopping madman that Cisco's trying to catch, boom, he's a regular next season.