Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013

SpacePig posted:

Well, they've done it. They've made a Steamed Ham that might not be topped. Unbelievable. What a time to be alive.

You might find that they... found a way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Heath posted:

It bugs me that he has a giant arrow but no bow

That's a harpoon, homes. A particularly aerodynamic, wooden harpoon, granted.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
...and you call it a harpoon despite the fact that it is obviously fletched.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Murderion posted:

...and you call it a harpoon despite the fact that it is obviously fletched.

Steamed Hams is the black hole of the meme thread. Nothing escapes.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Where's the dickbutt

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Jamesman posted:

Where are people finding all these cool fantasy art pics? Seriously, I don't know of anywhere except DeviantArt, and you sure as poo poo won't find quality there.

I think some of them are from deviant art, some actual professional artists used to post there (and still might) but good luck finding them lmao. Otherwise......tumblr maybe??

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The fries in the airtight container thing drove me nuts.

You see, the reason frozen hash browns make the best hash browns are because they're almost moistureless. They don't retain much water after freezing and thus will fry up really crispy and not turn to mush.

In the comparison in the movie, they showed some fresh cut, raw potatoes that were made into steak fries, and compared them to McDonald's fries when left in an airtight container.

The frozen, dried, salted McDonald's fries never grew mold. The moist, never-dehydrated, never-frozen, unsalted steak fries grew mold.

The dry food didn't grow mold. The moist food did.

Mold literally won't grow without moisture.

I couldn't believe people were getting fooled by this. Cut to 16 years later and your family members on facebook are sharing david avocados memes. We live in the continuously branching dumbest timeline.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
David loving idiot rear end in a top hat avocado.

He definitely has a death toll.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

This person isn't wrong but lmfao at getting indignant that McDonald's can't advertise Happy Meals anymore

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

I'm glad theswedishelf doesn't get to see Happy Meal ads anymore

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Don't they still do super size? And it makes more sense to do movie tie in toys rather than characters now doesn't it?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I thought Super Size was a Wendy’s thing anyway

E: wait no, that was “biggie”

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Fried Watermelon posted:

Don't they still do super size? And it makes more sense to do movie tie in toys rather than characters now doesn't it?

No super size. And since they don't advertise the happy meals, the licenses aren't as common/prevalent.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Fried Watermelon posted:

Things aren't called "super size." Now they're just standard things like small, medium, and large or just large and not large.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Things aren't called "super size." Now they're just standard things like small, medium, and large or just large and not large.

Small soda here in the USA: 2 cans of soda.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Super size used to be a size bigger. Like 44 oz super size drink vs 32 oz large. Similar with fries. At the big super size backlash they cut the largest of each and reverted to the old large.

Of course, then everyone who was campaigning against unhealthy fast food options put up the Mission Accomplished banner and went home, so now McDonalds is one of the few major chains that doesn't have a 44 oz large/extra-large, Five Guys has been spreading by virtue of enormous fry portions, whatever. People motivated by misinformation tend to act on it in dumb ways too, who knew?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The fries in the airtight container thing drove me nuts.

You see, the reason frozen hash browns make the best hash browns are because they're almost moistureless. They don't retain much water after freezing and thus will fry up really crispy and not turn to mush.

In the comparison in the movie, they showed some fresh cut, raw potatoes that were made into steak fries, and compared them to McDonald's fries when left in an airtight container.

The frozen, dried, salted McDonald's fries never grew mold. The moist, never-dehydrated, never-frozen, unsalted steak fries grew mold.

The dry food didn't grow mold. The moist food did.

Mold literally won't grow without moisture.

I couldn't believe people were getting fooled by this. Cut to 16 years later and your family members on facebook are sharing david avocados memes. We live in the continuously branching dumbest timeline.

This movie came out the same year when What the Bleep Do We Know!?, one of the most aggressively stupid movies ever made also came out. And George W was reelected, don't forget that one. It was a stupid time.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I saw a Lowtax meme on Facebook. It had nothing to do with SA, and I’m fairly sure the kid who posted it has no idea what SA is. It was a military-themed joke that a midwestern aunt would share between Minions image macros.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

What was the thesis of super size me? That he would get fat and have terrible cholesterol?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

KoRMaK posted:

What was the thesis of super size me? That he would get fat and have terrible cholesterol?

Yes. He went to a dr regularly and they told him to stop or die.

He would order everything on the menu at least once and if they asked him to super size it, he would say yes.

He Michael Moored some poo poo, (exaggerated and cut it to look worse) now suddenly there's a backlash to the backlash against fast food. So I dunno.

McDonalds is poo poo and bad.

He also did a little vignette with some guy who at 2 big macs for lunch and 2 for dinner for like 40 years or something. The man who stepped the most big macs ever and it just made me sad that this guy is missing all the good food in the world.

Bombadilillo has a new favorite as of 04:42 on Apr 3, 2018

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

The next generation are going to rebel by protecting corporations' rights and sovereignty

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Rolo posted:

Small soda here in the USA: 2 cans of soda.

https://youtu.be/Ish8NBunrQU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Bombadilillo posted:

Yes. He went to a dr regularly and they told him to stop or die.

He would order everything on the menu at least once and if they asked him to super size it, he would say yes.

He Michael Moored some poo poo, (exaggerated and cut it to look worse) now suddenly there's a backlash to the backlash against fast food. So I dunno.

He also did a little vignette with some guy who at 2 big macs for lunch and 2 for dinner for like 40 years or something. The man who stepped the most big macs ever and it just made me sad that this guy is missing all the good food in the world.

but he's eating the good food twice a day for forty yeasr???

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Sir, this is a McDonald's drive th... wait, never mind. Carry on.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

freeedr posted:

I saw a Lowtax meme on Facebook. It had nothing to do with SA, and I’m fairly sure the kid who posted it has no idea what SA is. It was a military-themed joke that a midwestern aunt would share between Minions image macros.

Well are you gonna share it for the rest of us?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

chippocrates posted:

You might find that they... found a way.

Speaking of Jeff Goldblum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JF4dLQwCXE

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010

Jamesman posted:

Where are people finding all these cool fantasy art pics? Seriously, I don't know of anywhere except DeviantArt, and you sure as poo poo won't find quality there.

Hey, why dont you ditch the geeks and hang out with the cool kids in trad games https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3605440

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Bombadilillo posted:

The most aggravating part is he undercut his own message by being a fraud.

"Fast food bad" is an easy sell without blatant lies.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

take this to the cursed thread

my first instinct is to ask why these retards ever had a chance to play this live, but then I think about "internet people", that they exist and occasionally go outside, and yeah

wasn't north korea supposed to nuke us into dust or something, why not done

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

This movie came out the same year when What the Bleep Do We Know!?, one of the most aggressively stupid movies ever made also came out.

My stepsister got me a dvd of this and to this day I think she thinks I suck at my job because I told her it was all misleading or just blatantly incorrect. It really is terrible.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

If I know anything about American culture, those are wrestlers. The guy with the moustache, at least.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

i'm with you, angry beard man

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

If I know anything about American culture, those are wrestlers. The guy with the moustache, at least.

Almost. They build motorcycles and scream at each other about motorcycles.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

i'm with you, angry beard man

i too am with you, but thats not a beard, so i'm like 1/2 with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/SilverSoul164/status/980864276410880001?s=19