Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cobalt60 posted:

Are there cases like Bloody moon, Malboro, etc. where BSSakura might serve well as the sole DD?

Holy crap would that take forever and a day. I can't imagine doing a trial without a pair of chainers, because they will always do tons more damage than a single finisher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
as a guy with many physical chainers but only one MAG DD, I ...

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

There used to be a guy that would do most trials with 3* or 4* units and in 6 mans he would almost always use a BS Sakura to burn bosses. Her final thunder or whatever is incredibly powerful when fully charged up.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Finishers are really only used for mega whales going for a one turn kill. Unless they have support stuff like Olive’s shattering shot, they’ll probably ride the bench. I pulled CG Sakura on banner and I’ve been struggling to find a need for her on new content ever since. I forced her into my Moose kill team just to give her something to do but it wasn’t necessary.

But for new players looking for a solid unit she’s great until you start stockpiling chainers.

finishers are also a viable option if you can just hand two of your support units pods and have them chain so the finisher can cap it.

seriously pods are amazing and its criminal that there has been no non-limited equivalent.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 2, 2018

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Dana Crysalis posted:

heck yeah, power to the Old Elite! (I have three Unmatched Wizardries and barely ever use even one of them, c'mon gimme something here. :( )

I wish I was able to get even one of him. I still have 4 dinos and 3 of that lovely 3* reminding me that I didn't get the only situationally worthwhile TM. :smith:

I'll use Sakura for my raid kill team because she can AoE imperil light and grant +100% atk to the team in the same turn. But at this point, raids for me are just about getting the biggest number. I'm actually looping back around on myself because I'm starting to do so much damage with my raid stomping team my damage totals are starting to get smaller. I end up killing the raid bosses before the second set of chaining abilities fire off.

She definitely seems like fluff to me. She's situationally strong but, as was mentioned, her damage is finisher stuff. She only grants 3 elemental resistances - so if you need those, great. She has status prevention, which is nice, and because she's got 100% offensive buffs you may be able to work out a team where you don't need a bard. I do find that defensive buffs are often the more important ones, though. Basically, where the stars align she's good. She's similar to Ace and has more damage behind her abilities, but her mana battery ability is awful. All her support abilities are not dual-castable, either, so she takes off a full turn to do one of those things while also not dealing damage. If you want to keep all 3 running, that's all you can do for the entire fight, in fact.

She's strong for a new player for sure, but I think she just wasn't planned out very well. She was definitely implemented as just an upgraded Sakura, and I think ultimately that was just a bad idea. Fina kept some of her flavor when they upgraded her but they definitely pushed good abilities into her kit just because she needed those abilities to really be good.

Like I've said a few times - Gumi/Alim really like to design a unit with flavor from the original character in mind and sometimes it's sweet and nostalgic. Sometimes, though, it just gums up the works and makes a unit a lot clunkier than necessary.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Pulling a free Ramza on the 30M ticket, after his enhancements have arrived, is really satisfying.

Since I have 3 Aileens (only one 6* enhanced as of yet) would my best team be Ramza for buffs, Noctis for breaks and finishes, and 4 Aileens to chain for days? With 4 going the animation timing to hit the boss probably doesn't matter, right?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
You can still get decent chains, in general, if the characters used are in the same family.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
A little late to the conver, but my money is on Valkyrie Profile for the June collab. The JP Square Enix Youtube has been a constant stream of videos showcasing the upcoming mobile version of Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (talking about the PS1 game, not Anatomia). Some of the footage is already localized to English.

Edit: Some of those videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJBn7eRkw3c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCMvmsin0vE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_js6hrYsb8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfzdnnDMc94

Varance fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Apr 3, 2018

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I have 95% in trust moogles and I have no idea who to use them on. My options are:

Veritas of the Light
Lunera
Prishe #2
Ayaka #2
Grim Lord Sakura
Zargabaath (har)

I kinda want to do Lunera so I can use MrSwoon's dps Lunera.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Dropped some real cash into this game for the first time in a long while, other than the two fountain of laps recently.

I bought 5000 amazon coins at $40, then proceeded to get the $25 and $12 Easter bundles. They seemed like decent deals, and I've been enjoying the game a little bit more lately (plus coming off a high from finally pulling CG Fina), so what the heck. This leaves me with around 1300 amazon coins for a future bundle too. I think I'm ok with this value.

I'm looking forward to my future post raging about this post when all those tickets come up with squat.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Skyridge posted:

I have 95% in trust moogles and I have no idea who to use them on. My options are:

Veritas of the Light
Lunera
Prishe #2
Ayaka #2
Grim Lord Sakura
Zargabaath (har)

I kinda want to do Lunera so I can use MrSwoon's dps Lunera.

If its just to make your numbers bigger Id save them. If it allows you to use a unit you wouldent otherwise or clear some content, go nuts.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Did the Sphere once just to see how things are. Funny how a Zyrus can shred this thing down.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

According to this Reddit post, the Dual Weild TMR will be available from King Mog during the FFX Mt. Gagazet Event.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
It was announced in the video, too.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Ugato posted:

It was announced in the video, too.

Yeah, but then you'd have to sit through one of those videos, and that's not everyone's cup of tea.

Today's free ticket made me learn that I'm getting Lightning's STMR, and also 7*Kunshira, which I hear is pretty good for advanced trials.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Yeah my comment was mostly that it’s confirmed not just something random added in a reddit post.

Also, high five quad lightning buddy. My 7* Dark Veritas is going to be decked the gently caress out.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yeah, but then you'd have to sit through one of those videos, and that's not everyone's cup of tea.

Today's free ticket made me learn that I'm getting Lightning's STMR, and also 7*Kunshira, which I hear is pretty good for advanced trials.

Must be nice.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I got one kunshira and large amounts of disappointment & regret that I didn't just save for nier 2 hoping to 7* A2 one day

Though I could have been just as disappointed in the results on a later banner. Gacha will get you eventually. At least I didn't spend to pull, I've seen some real whale poo poo in comments sections related to this banner

I have 5000 lapis left but thinking I want to save it. This banner has been brutal for hopes vs. outcomes, don't want to let it hurt me again.

Bring on more hard content thoigh, my team is better than ever.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Got a rainbow today off the daily 1/2.

Delita

Not greatly pleased.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I got a 3* Kefka with my 30 mil ticket today. Is he worth boosting up to 6*, or is the payoff middlin?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

LadyPictureShow posted:

I got a 3* Kefka with my 30 mil ticket today. Is he worth boosting up to 6*, or is the payoff middlin?

Do you really like Kefka? There's your answer.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

LadyPictureShow posted:

He's not particularly useful.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

LadyPictureShow posted:

best kefka has is ribbon.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

hagie posted:

Got a rainbow today off the daily 1/2.

Delita

Not greatly pleased.

Delete-a!

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Man if Broken Matt ever got in FFBE, they better make Vanguard 1 and Senor Benjamin into 5*'s

make it like the SD3 folks. Just have Matt, Brother Nero, Vanguard 1, and Senor Benjamin into their own seperate things. King Maxel and Reby Sky can be the 4*.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
Now that I've farmed up some good TMRs and have some top-tier units kitted out, I've been working through some of the tougher trials.

With a BiS Wilhelm to eat the KO attack, and a pair of 2Bs (one mine, one a friends), Aigaion was actually kind of a chump. Won on my first attempt with all achievements.

Malboro was a different story. Failed on five or six tries until I ultimately landed on a team of Wilhelm, Basch, CG Fina, Roy (swapped in for Christine as I was having survivability and MP issues, not DPS issues), T. Terra and friend T. Terra. MVP was Basch -- he could soak magic damage, break DEF/SPR for all the Malboros, and with the Ankh of the Goddess he could cast Reraise on himself on free turns (really useful when Fina's LB wasn't up and when she needed to Prime Heal to get rid of ailments from Bad Breath). Basch even carried the team through a rough patch when Wilhelm got Devoured and subsequently Berserked. Still failed several times because that stupid trial is so dependent on timing. Oh, you accidentally did slightly different damage to the Malboros and killed only one? hosed. Oh, you miscalculated and didn't kill the Malboros on the Devour turn? hosed. Oh, you forgot to Dispel the Crazy Mad buffs? hosed.

So I was so happy when everything finally came together and I cued up Basch's LB, Fina's LB, and a T. Terra chain to kill them all. Oh, what's that? No "LB Kill achievement"? Dammit. I did damage from two different LBs on the kill turn, including part of the killing chain (or at least that's what I thought). Gumi, why you do this to us?

I can't decide whether to go back in to get that stupid achievement or skip it for now and kill the Bloody Moon.

Edit: Well, Bloody Moon was bloody easy with that team. Geared up T Terra with M Spirit Killers, and with CG Fina casting Reraise on everyone and Wilhelm and Basch tanking, I was basically unkillable.

werdnam fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Apr 4, 2018

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character

werdnam posted:

So I was so happy when everything finally came together and I cued up Basch's LB, Fina's LB, and a T. Terra chain to kill them all. Oh, what's that? No "LB Kill achievement"? Dammit. I did damage from two different LBs on the kill turn, including part of the killing chain (or at least that's what I thought). Gumi, why you do this to us?

I can't decide whether to go back in to get that stupid achievement or skip it for now and kill the Bloody Moon.

The LB has to be cast before HP hits zero, then must either be the killing blow or part of the overkill damage. I think just being at the beginning of the chain that kills him is not enough. Also with the Malboro trial, I learned that the LB kill applies only to the original Great Malboro, as in, you have to kill the original Great Malboro with an LB; the mission does not trigger for any Great Malboro summoned by the smaller Malboros after you killed the original one. If you don't mind looping around, you can just kill the original with an LB and then worry about killing all 3 on the same turn without trying to squeeze in an LB.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Final celebration ticket rainbow! And it's queen. gently caress you gumi. At least this means I will have 7* Queen, who isn't horrible, but I would have preferred someone of a little more immediate use.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
A Queen is better than I did with the celebration tickets. All I got was 1 forgettable gold and 1 10% moogle, the rest were blues and 5% moogles. However, now that I'm pulling the statistically expected numbers of rainbows this gives me hope for getting Yuna off the next FFX banner so I can run an all summoner team.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

PDQ Law posted:

A Queen is better than I did with the celebration tickets. All I got was 1 forgettable gold and 1 10% moogle, the rest were blues and 5% moogles. However, now that I'm pulling the statistically expected numbers of rainbows this gives me hope for getting Yuna off the next FFX banner so I can run an all summoner team.

Final pull was a wet fart, but 28 free pulls got me cg fina and eiko, so I'll have it, sure.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

PDQ Law posted:

Oh hey me too.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
30m tickets only got me one rainbow in the end, Seabreeze Dark Fina. Could be worse, I suppose.

Did get a rainbow today on the daily though, it ended up being Olive #3. Guess I'll take it for her too, I'm curious as to what her 7* and STMR would look like.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

How long till Tifa comes to global? Just want a copy for nostalgia, wonder if i should instead try for third Tidus.

Garth_Marenghi fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Apr 4, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tifa is like 8 moths away if we consider that global is about a year offset from JP.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Every ticket got my Type O levels of trash units. Several 10% moogles though.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I probably got three golds out of all the 30m tickets in total, but I did get a decent number of 10% moogles.

Ludmille was one of the two crystals from the ticket today. I don’t think I noticed any Ludmille pulls, whether it’s myself or anyone else in the thread/discord for six months. Suddenly in the last month or so, there’s been a flood of her. Are single cast magic users making a comeback or something?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I got a few golds and zero rainbows from the special tickets. Did get 3 10% moogles, I guess that's something.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

My luck has been rear end lately on this game. I got 1 rainbow from my free tickets... a 10% moogle.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
My luck is basically exhausted now. My daily pull was Roy #2 which I'm really happy about, while my celebration ticket was more trash. I decided to burn all my tickets on the CG Fina banner, 24 regulars and six 4*s, and got basically hosed until the very last two 4*s which gave me CG Fina #1 (and also CG Unit #1) and Rassler so I can finally get loving Patriotic Recall #3 for my Willy.

I'm glad the next banner is poo poo I don't really care about because I'm not going to be getting any more rainbows for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Yea since I got a rainbow yesterday I’m hosed for the next month...minimum.

• Locked thread