Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Olof temporarily(?) stepping down from Faze for "personal reasons", Xizt to stand in. Yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
how much more proof do we need that Xizt is some kind of dread demon clothed in human flesh. wanted by C9, fnatic and FaZe?? :psyduck:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Is sadokist the Canadian guy who spends most of the time talking about off topic things to get the British dude (Henry?) Or the British girl to laugh? I don't really know their names.

Mephit
May 5, 2010
Yeah, he is that chap.

It might be less of a thing if he hadn't got on his high horse about one of his fellow countrymen doing something less offensive on twitch.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

That's too bad then. I liked his random interjections of Canadian non-sequitors to try and make the other commentators laugh.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

Jeza posted:

how much more proof do we need that Xizt is some kind of dread demon clothed in human flesh. wanted by C9, fnatic and FaZe?? :psyduck:

:lol:

also eat poo poo Sadokist, hopefully Henryg can unshackle himself and set the cs world free

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
And Stewie2k's replacement in Cloud9 is...

*drumroll*

FNS. :ughh:

Goodbye, major-winning lineup. Hello, CLG of 2018.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Tevery Best posted:

And Stewie2k's replacement in Cloud9 is...

*drumroll*

FNS. :ughh:

Goodbye, major-winning lineup. Hello, CLG of 2018.

did someone not tell them that april fool's is the first of April?

time to update this i guess

Thom and the Heads posted:

mods ban me if a team with fns on it gets to a major final in 2017

West007
Apr 21, 2013

FaZe is getting wrecked on Cache by EnVyUs, what a roster change. Need more practice I guess.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

lmao sk got destroyed by c9 and nrg

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekNIueOr8Zs

its dumb but its my dumb

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
Anyone know where I can buy a good quality CSGO t-shirt that says "rush b" on it?

This is the birthday wish of a friend. I didn't find anything official on the steam forfansbyfans store and googling just showed me some crappy stores that have a bunch of pictures from God knows where that they'll print on any shirt and send to you, except they all sucked.

Is this a futile quest?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

SK so bad they'd be relegated from NA EPL if dignitas didn't exist as it stands. Hell, it's still easily possible if they continue to suck like this. Flat out bottom of ECS as well, currently in position to be relegated there too.

szary
Mar 12, 2014

oliveoil posted:

Anyone know where I can buy a good quality CSGO t-shirt that says "rush b" on it?

This is the birthday wish of a friend. I didn't find anything official on the steam forfansbyfans store and googling just showed me some crappy stores that have a bunch of pictures from God knows where that they'll print on any shirt and send to you, except they all sucked.

Is this a futile quest?

I can't help you, but I looked through that forfansbyfans merchandise store and I would totally rock the Kawaii Killer shirt

EDIT: looking through stores in my country I found this: https://pl-shop.eslgaming.com/products/cs-rush-b-piaskowa

It doesn't seem to be available through the EU or US stores, I guess I could buy it and ship it to you, when is your friend's birthday?

szary fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 5, 2018

Sharma
Nov 4, 2012

I'm happy to see Faze pick up Xist. I think his style will work very well with a player like Rain. Hope all is well with Olof's personal life.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
When there's pro FPL/ESL online matches, how do they make sure the coaches don't talk during the round? Or do they not worry about it?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Interesting video about Valve and their trust system and VacNet system which uses machine learning. 3kliksphilip breaks down a 45min talk from a valve dev at GDC 2018. Interesting stat from the video. If 1% of player base cheats then you will have a cheater in 10% of your games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnRgW54EWwA

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

yolandi posted:

When there's pro FPL/ESL online matches, how do they make sure the coaches don't talk during the round? Or do they not worry about it?

I'm not sure it's illegal, but then what can these coaches be watching? Can't be in spectate (unless there's a way to restrict spectators to a certain team?). If they were in a team house, I'm sure they could though.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

sterster posted:

Interesting video about Valve and their trust system and VacNet system which uses machine learning. 3kliksphilip breaks down a 45min talk from a valve dev at GDC 2018. Interesting stat from the video. If 1% of player base cheats then you will have a cheater in 10% of your games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnRgW54EWwA

If you have the time to spare, I would recommend people watch the original talk- it's very informative and pretty funny to boot

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Jeza posted:

I'm not sure it's illegal, but then what can these coaches be watching? Can't be in spectate (unless there's a way to restrict spectators to a certain team?). If they were in a team house, I'm sure they could though.

theyre ingame as a coach which restricts you to spectating only your team. this feature was added in 2013 i think

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
https://clips.twitch.tv/GoodConcernedMelonCoolStoryBro

This is a good game for smart people.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Harrasment is not a game.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

I have always had a lot of time for Space Soldiers and I'm glad they have really been killing it recently, I only hope they get some inarguable results against the top teams on LAN in a bo3 at one of these events they have qualified for, if only to shut up people who say they aren't even T2 because they haven't won proper title of any kind.

They were grinding with essentially no payoff for a solid year. Every qualifier, second tier online league, every podunk tournament going. And their experience in the few big name events they did manage to qualify for was usually a pretty heartbreaking one, often missing out on playoffs by a small margin or getting very unfortunate draws. So it's cool that it's beginning to pay dividends. To me, they have looked like a Top 8 team since the start of 2018. They'd be even scarier if ngiN had a bit more oomph.

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016

szary posted:

I can't help you, but I looked through that forfansbyfans merchandise store and I would totally rock the Kawaii Killer shirt

EDIT: looking through stores in my country I found this: https://pl-shop.eslgaming.com/products/cs-rush-b-piaskowa

It doesn't seem to be available through the EU or US stores, I guess I could buy it and ship it to you, when is your friend's birthday?

Hey, thank you for taking a look! I showed my friend but they weren't into it. :( Thank you again though for trying to find something. :)

I actually have another question: does anyone know if valve has a set release schedule or has publicly revealed the dates for upcoming case collection releases? It seems like the last one was the clutch case and like valve can take anywhere from two to four months between releases.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

oliveoil posted:

I actually have another question: does anyone know if valve has a set release schedule or has publicly revealed the dates for upcoming case collection releases? It seems like the last one was the clutch case and like valve can take anywhere from two to four months between releases.

There is no release schedule and there are no dates. The most notice we get is occasionally someone notices poo poo in the updates a day or two before the case drops, usually.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Seriously this guy who's casting with Henry G is pretty garbage. It's Henry G talking the whole time.
#FreeSado

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

sterster posted:

Seriously this guy who's casting with Henry G is pretty garbage. It's Henry G talking the whole time.
#FreeSado

Yeah it's a bit awkward. His co-caster isn't total trash though, it's actually Budget Anders. I didn't realise until I saw his face, because HenryG keeps calling him 'Vince'.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
I thought Vince was actually pretty good. He had a lot of quick references and one liners without pausing or umming.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Just played bardolph on faceit, pretty sure he got a little tilted by the end

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Jeza posted:

Yeah it's a bit awkward. His co-caster isn't total trash though, it's actually Budget Anders. I didn't realise until I saw his face, because HenryG keeps calling him 'Vince'.

henryg needs to shut the gently caress up and let him have some space. Vince/Metuz/Budget Anders is a great hype caster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3a5Di8BDgM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8upec6btNA

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Added Dust II to the Active Duty map pool.
Removed Cobblestone from the Active Duty map pool.

finally, f*dge cobble

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

gently caress guess I finally have to learn dust2

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Admittedly I think there's much more potential depth to a cobble game than dd2, especially at higher levels, but I hate to play cobble and no-one seemed to want to play dd2 when it wasn't in the active pool, so I guess I'm personally happy about it but I totally understand the negative reaction I've seen from a few pros so far

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
I like Cobble a lot more than I like Dust II.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

D2 is the most iconic map of CS, and while pros are right that it has less tactical depth, the fact is no other map in the pool even comes close to the kind of chill, puggy style that D2 allows. Obviously top teams generally hate D2 because it's just a straight slugfest map where worse teams with good aim and no tactics can easily make upsets.

So, bad for pros, good for regular players. Just need to add some tuscan/mill variant and then you have two maps where you barely need to throw a smoke or flash all game, and you can just run around.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Cobble is good. Make the active duty pool 8 maps.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Every map is an aim slugfest y'all just bad

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I just don't think the map pool needed another skill check map, they should have removed mirage or cache.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Photex posted:

they should have removed mirage

how dare you even think this, much less make a post about it

disgusting. i am disgusted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

how dare you even think this, much less make a post about it

disgusting. i am disgusted

I personally like mirage and don't think it needs changing, but it needs a break because every other map if you're lucky is mirage.