Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I almost wish she didn't have the green activated ability so I could put her in my Armageddon Angels EDH.

So uh....
Some Cheap Legendary Creature + Champion of Wits + Dump Nicol Bolas God Pharoah then cheat him in with Yawgmoths? :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

That art is so good. More generally I like the "lone figure surrounded by crazy poo poo" general design of this cycle.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Soul Glo posted:

a good card, maybe even for brawl

this woulda been mythic like a year ago

It's a legendary, which makes it a special case in this set.

I think there's a cycle of legends with an allied colour activated ability, there was a black vampire with a red ability in the leak.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I think she's playable in standard and ridiculous in draft but I don't think she's that great a card

Nice design at least

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
I want there to be some terrible GW deck with Shalai, Verdurous Gearhulk, and Rishkar.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

InterrupterJones posted:

I want there to be some terrible GW deck with Shalai, Verdurous Gearhulk, and Rishkar.

Should probably go Abzan for snek.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I'm noticing curling in foils I immediately double-sleeved, like spirit tokens from Unstable. Not to beat a dead horse, but man, gently caress foils now.

I know it could be the incredibly damp Denver climate (this is a lie), but even some FNM Paths are curling a bit, in double sleeves and tight deckboxes or in binder sheets. Absurd.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

ShaneB posted:

I'm noticing curling in foils I immediately double-sleeved, like spirit tokens from Unstable. Not to beat a dead horse, but man, gently caress foils now.

I know it could be the incredibly damp Denver climate (this is a lie), but even some FNM Paths are curling a bit, in double sleeves and tight deckboxes or in binder sheets. Absurd.

The Rockies are bone fuckin dry my man

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

have a mediocre equipment

quote:

Forebear's Blade
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +3/+0 and has vigilance and trample.

Whenever equipped creature dies, attach Forebear's Blade to target creature you control.

Equip 3

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Sickening posted:

Seems like its really good for limited.

that no-legendaries doom blade sure seems less effective in response to that though :v:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Elyv posted:

This looks at a minimum limited playale because of the free reequip.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Star Man posted:

The Rockies are bone fuckin dry my man

What do you think I meant by the (this is a lie) part

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Owlbear Camus posted:

This looks at a minimum limited playale because of the free reequip.

looks like a fine limited card.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Tainen posted:

Noah is killing it in this set

I still prefer his landscapes.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

Probably. Trying to avoid black because that just adds so much more for lands and removal ($$$) and I think GW has enough to deal with that. Also, I wouldn't focus it as much on adding counters quicker, but on getting stuff out quicker, with Llanowar elves, ramp stuff, etc.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

BizarroAzrael posted:

The question is whether snek is better with this or Hadana's Climb.

Personally I think it could be included in a Naya Monsters deck built off the existing RG Monsters deck and Llanowar Elves.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

evilweasel posted:

that no-legendaries doom blade sure seems less effective in response to that though :v:

eh, that card was always more suited for other formats anyway, knowing how legendary heavy limited was going to be

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
https://twitter.com/loregoyfs/status/981201478835556352

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

I like everything about this card. I don't know if it will have a deck but limited it might be fun.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

At uncommon that looks like a Hell of a beating in limited.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Man, mono green is sounding hella good.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

And here I was just talking about hoping for more ramp. :allears:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Dominaria lookz like its going to loving rule

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Llanowar Elves, Song of Freyalise, Mox Amber, that super pushed 3 Green dude... Maybe Carnage Tyrant at the top end?

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Is it time for Nissa, Vital Force to shine?

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Nobody likes an Adolph Quitler Khamal...

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Owlbear Camus posted:

I almost wish she didn't have the green activated ability so I could put her in my Armageddon Angels EDH.

:same:

Though my group thinks Avacyn is obnoxious enough, this might have pushed her too far.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I saw this today when I was getting breakfast. lol

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Matsuri posted:

Llanowar Elves, Song of Freyalise, Mox Amber, that super pushed 3 Green dude... Maybe Carnage Tyrant at the top end?

my dude, ghalta standing right there, why you ignoring him

i'm gonna play three of both tho

e: i wouldn't play mox amber, prob not playing song either

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

So this goes in a deck with Llanowar elves, that GGG elf beater, and some other GW value stuff, right?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Soul Glo posted:

my dude, ghalta standing right there, why you ignoring him

i'm gonna play three of both tho

e: i wouldn't play mox amber, prob not playing song either

I kind of haven't paid much attention to RIX and didn't really remember Ghalta haha. I haven't been too interested in anything Standard has to offer ever since Reflector Mage got banned (it was my favorite card and losing it kinda killed my interest). Dominaria is really pulling me back in, though.

Song seems good for ramping and then trampling. Doesn't seem too risky for 2 mana.

Shalai seems great for GW goodstuff too, yeah.

Framboise fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 3, 2018

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Matsuri posted:

I kind of haven't paid much attention to RIX and didn't really remember Ghalta haha

Song seems good for ramping and then trampling. Doesn't seem too risky for 2 mana.

Shalai seems great for GW goodstuff too, yeah.

in mono green there's just no real time to cast song, ideally, right?

t1 llanowar elves, t2 steel leaf champion, t3 rhonas/steal leaf champion 2/rishkar/jadelight ranger, t4 ghalta

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Soul Glo posted:

t1 llanowar elves, t2 steel leaf champion, t3 rhonas/steal leaf champion 2/rishkar/jadelight ranger, t4 ghalta

Pretty much yeah, I'm really hoping they'd reprint Rancor in core set lol.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I think they're gonna hit it out of the park on this one. They basically said "well Dominaria is a total wasteland because of all the sets we put here so how do we re-do that as a mechanical identity without taking away what people liked?" Basically stealing the "Legendaries Matter" theme on a set where people actually care about all the Legendaries and history stuff is loving brilliant. Sure, it means Kamigawa is basically gone, but we do technically have an Umezawa here! (I assume the art is the card I had originally thought was Narset)

I mean, sure you can say "hey these legendaries aren't that powerful!" But not everything is for constructed - this is gonna be super fun in limited, I think because so many of these creatures are unique and cool.

Soul Glo posted:

I like the idea of Mono Green Stompy with the kinds of big dudes we've got available, but having terrible interaction is pretty bad. I'd really like to see a Reclamation Sage reprint, really because it's incidental value is quite high even when it's just a random dude.

Steel Leaf Champion is a little bit of a trap card. People are going to want to splash it when it's not actually a splashable card - we don't see enough GGG cards for people to remember, I'm guessing.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 3, 2018

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Soul Glo posted:

Fair enough, yeah. I think I may just make a simple Stompy deck to play standard, hah.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

+

??

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Matsuri posted:

Fair enough, yeah. I think I may just make a simple Stompy deck to play standard, hah.

I would just be concerned that it's so soft to Settle the Wreckage and Fumigate. But you definitely have some options for Big Dudes.

I think Steel Leaf is still the trap and that GR or GB without it is better because the number of basic forests you need to play to enable a splash is probably a bit much. I think it would probably be better to just stick with like Rishkar and Winding Constrictor and go GB with Woodland Cemetary and Llanowar Elves making you bigger, faster and stronger.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Dominaria also showcases how most other planes feel very flat and static as if they were frozen in time before discovered for the set about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scoops My Goops
Dec 3, 2004

by Reene

Elyv posted:

That is like a bear and a half at most