Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

haveblue posted:

Tokens have their uses but the primary source of rewards is not it. D1 had tokens but they were part of the much larger hodgepodge of relatively diverse loot systems so we didn't mind so much.

They tried to replace reputation from D1 with tokens in D2. There are lots of good reasons behind it (cross character portability, decide when to level vendors, etc) but the downsides of how it affects the core reward processes are too much. This isn't one of those where I get too upset thoygh, because it's bad but might have been fine with better guns or rng rolls or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I don't have a problem with tokens from Crucible or Iron Banner but why am I finding faction tokens in a chest in an ancient cave

A better use would be materials (like "Dusklight Cache") that you could either use for reputation or for crafting (like the CoS Forge) or modding

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Roman posted:

Every god drat multiplatform game will see its population dwindle after a few months. Even the big sellers. Wish I hadn't wasted my money on a gaming PC

The PC port is really good, and you CAN still find games now, but you'll get matched with half super maxed out tryhards/streamers and half level 5s playing the trial.

I've been going back and forth between building my first gaming PC in more than a decade and just getting a Xim for a while now and everything I read about PC these days just makes the Xim look better and better.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

sunday at work posted:

I've been going back and forth between building my first gaming PC in more than a decade and just getting a Xim for a while now and everything I read about PC these days just makes the Xim look better and better.

At least wait until the crypto bubble bursts so you aren't paying 300% markup for a GPU.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

cvnvcnv posted:

They know it's going to be dicks with 12 people respawning every 2 seconds with their bullshit rear end spawn points.

Yeah they might need to tone that down a touch for 6v6.

But its bungie. So they wont.

In general i enjoy the faster respawns but it does poo poo me when you push someone and three team mates magically appear the second you turn the corner.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

sunday at work posted:

Game looks nice and plays well on PC.

But its a ghost town. Really depends on what you are after.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
+1 for xim. Although the prices on those are inflated at the moment, too, as haveblue said not nearly as bad as GPUs, ha.

I'm also convinced that with some of these deals that pop up every so often, you can get a decent gaming rig for sub $500. I got a deal a few months ago on an HP with a gtx1060, i5, 8gb ddr4 for $300. Just the card is worth that right now. What a weird time to be alive.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

sunday at work posted:

Anecdotal, but I play pvp on PC all the time and have no problem finding matches, and it's not as bad as he says, at least for me. The population definitely isn't as high as it is on consoles, but that hasn't made as much of a difference in matchmaking times as you might guess.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

the good fax machine posted:

The population definitely isn't as high as it is on consoles

I dunno, talk to Waffle House

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i still pvp on PC a decent amount and i doubt if it ever takes more than three minutes to get a pretty close match, and i'm actually good at the game. if you're bad you'll get matches in seconds.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Been having a ton of fun with linear fusions lately
https://i.imgur.com/fZeWdfk.gifv

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

the good fax machine posted:

Been having a ton of fun with linear fusions lately
https://i.imgur.com/fZeWdfk.gifv

I love the pause to capture the clip after the second shot. :smuggo:

Linear fusions should be more than 203 for a precision shot. Its a charge up sniper. Make it a one hit kill body since it takes more aim than a rocket.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Been playing with my Titan for only the second day now and I'm getting the hang of it swiftly enough. Mostly Hammerbro.

Currently got Alpha Lupi on because I like utilitarian stuff, and I don't have to swap up for subclass changes. Hallowfire Heart looks deec if you want to throw grenades on a D1 cooldown.

:shrug:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
why would you make it a one-hit-kill body? that would make them better than snipers at being snipers, better than fusion rifles at being fusion rifles, and only slightly worse than shotguns at being shotguns. i think the flinch reduction in pvp has mostly made them where they should be, though i wouldn't mind a little more flinch reduction still.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

cvnvcnv posted:

What are the good Titan pvp exotic armors?

Been playing with my Titan for only the second day now and I'm getting the hang of it swiftly enough. Mostly Hammerbro.

Currently got Alpha Lupi on because I like utilitarian stuff, and I don't have to swap up for subclass changes. Hallowfire Heart looks deec if you want to throw grenades on a D1 cooldown.

dunemarchers are a good neutral game exotic, war rig is solid in pve. solar horn exotic isn't actually a hammerbro exotic and can be gimmicky fun given you can get titan wall cooldowns very low with mods. i still need to try jetpack boots with the go fast changes.

i keep dunemarchers on for most of the time. they're not the most impactful exotic around but it makes gameplay feel a good bit nicer, and if there's not something specific you're trying to accomplish you could do worse than using a pair.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

why would you make it a one-hit-kill body? that would make them better than snipers at being snipers, better than fusion rifles at being fusion rifles, and only slightly worse than shotguns at being shotguns. i think the flinch reduction in pvp has mostly made them where they should be, though i wouldn't mind a little more flinch reduction still.

It is harder to change up and hit precision than aim a sniper and they don't offer any significant chance to follow up a shot if you body somebody. Drop the ammo to 2-3 shots and I think they are would be a viable 1 shot long range weapon, which makes they stand out from fusions and shotguns at the intended range.

More like a spartan laser than a fusion rifle.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The night fall loot this week is a dumb ghost shell that makes you generate gunsmith telemetry faster

Keep in mind that they had to delay the launch of nightfall loot by a month to get it Just Right

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Last_Taste posted:

they don't offer any significant chance to follow up a shot if you body somebody.

Swap to your primary

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The night fall loot this week is a dumb ghost shell that makes you generate gunsmith telemetry faster

Keep in mind that they had to delay the launch of nightfall loot by a month to get it Just Right

How did they get this bad at designing loot

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

SlimGoodbody posted:

How did they get this bad at designing loot

Eververse

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

What are the good Titan pvp exotic armors?

Alpha Lupi. Thats about it really.

Or punch glove cheese.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Oh yeah

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I liked the conspiracy theory that the Eververse assets were literally designed by a separate company that was paid a %/sales and so Bungie was contractually obligated to produce inferior cosmetics for in-game rewards.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Oh gently caress extra gunsmith telemetry that gives a 1% boost to gunsmith reputation to get a extra chance to get a gun you already own so you can break it down in 3 weapon parts which gives you a 15% boost to gunsmith reputation

Sign me up boys

*does prestige nightfall 20 times*

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I liked the conspiracy theory that the Eververse assets were literally designed by a separate company that was paid a %/sales and so Bungie was contractually obligated to produce inferior cosmetics for in-game rewards.

I thought this was a fact tbh

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

High Moon getting paid baybay :snoop:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

I thought this was a fact tbh

at this point either could be true but it doesn't change the game being bad af

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

:grin:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I didn't think they were contractually obligated I thought they were just doing it to push sales.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Bungie's Razor tells us that when presented with multiple explanations for why something is the way it is in Destiny 2, you should go with the one that implies the greatest degree of incompetence.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Communist Walrus posted:

Bungie's Razor tells us that when presented with multiple explanations for why something is the way it is in Destiny 2, you should go with the one that implies the greatest degree of incompetence.

I always leaned towards greed rather than incompetence.

But both are represented well.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Incompetent greed is pretty rad and well represented by bungie tbqh

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Last_Taste posted:

I love the pause to capture the clip after the second shot. :smuggo:

lol yeah I've been trying so hard to get a double kill with that thing that I just froze when I got the triple. That and I'm still getting used to playing on keyboard, and my emotes are a mile away compared to where they are on a controller.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tanking my meaningless stats but Mayhem is stellar for starting on a new class, learning how to move, 'nade and pop supers. Glad it's around, tho I don't think I'll touch it again after this week, until I start pvp with my Warlock.

But drat does Mayhem necessitate MW armor. That poo poo made me commit my cores quick.

Destiny talk y'all

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
My issue with the "Eververse conspiracy theory" is that the normal drop armor and faction armor are all better than the Eververse armor. I could fully believe greed was a motive, but if it was, they were too dumb about implementing things worth buying.

And side arms can roll:

+5 Stability
+10 Magazine (that's one extra burst from Last Hope)
+10 Reload
+10 Handling

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Insane Totoro posted:

My issue with the "Eververse conspiracy theory" is that the normal drop armor and faction armor are all better than the Eververse armor. I could fully believe greed was a motive, but if it was, they were too dumb about implementing things worth buying.

And side arms can roll:

+5 Stability
+10 Magazine (that's one extra burst from Last Hope)
+10 Reload
+10 Handling

yeah don’t you have your own big data conspiracy

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Legs Benedict posted:

yeah don’t you have your own big data conspiracy

no that's me, Totoro just hoards guns irl and minmaxes his Hilton Honors rewards

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Waffle House posted:

Totoro just hoards guns irl

Very good and cool.

Insane Totoro posted:

My issue with the "Eververse conspiracy theory" is that the normal drop armor and faction armor are all better than the Eververse armor.

Yeah, Eververse armor doesn't look High Moon at all. It looks like bullshit ol' Chroma armors designed by Bungie retards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

cvnvcnv posted:

Yeah, Eververse armor doesn't look High Moon at all. It looks like bullshit ol' Chroma armors designed by Bungie retards.
The Omega Mechanos titan armor is probably one of the best looking sets, if not the best. Like something you should get from a Prestige raid.