Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
Winrate stats for One for All: http://roman.st/Article/League-Legends-One-All-2018-statistics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Trundle finally gets his time in the spotlight

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I think I saw a reddit post where Trundle's W stacks with all the W's so people can win games in like 15 minutes just by rushing mid

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

I think I saw a reddit post where Trundle's W stacks with all the W's so people can win games in like 15 minutes just by rushing mid

Yeah towers pretty much just melt it's fuckin great

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I was on a team that got loving bodied by a Wukong team so those stats check out. Veigar's winrate only being 59% is surprising since I feel he's the easiest to just body someone on.

Also Trundle losing to Sona and Janna with the highest winrate is hilarious.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

njsykora posted:

I was on a team that got loving bodied by a Wukong team so those stats check out. Veigar's winrate only being 59% is surprising since I feel he's the easiest to just body someone on.

Also Trundle losing to Sona and Janna with the highest winrate is hilarious.

Janna can actually spec into offense by going an ADC build. It's mediocre damage at best but when the enemy team can only fight you by walking up to you it probably becomes too easy to just kite and murder all the trundles as 5 Jannas.

5 Jannas is actually extremely powerful just because when they are grouped up they are impossible to mess with.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

8.7 maintenance announced for Wednesday. New Irelia'll hit live that day, but no real major champion changes beyond that. Locket got nerfed, Tabi's got more power shuffled into its passive while its base armor was reduced, and Resolve now gives significantly less base health but provides scaling health. Resolve primary with a non-Inspiration secondary now gives 15-135 HP. Expect a lot more early aggression overall.

The biggest change is that there's been a fairly significant shifting of gold onto cannon minions. The full changes are:

quote:

Cannon Minions
  • Base Gold Value increased from 45 to 60
  • Gold Value Growth per 90 seconds (3 waves) increased from 0.35 to 3
  • Base Health increased from 828 to 900
  • Health Growth per 90 seconds (3 waves) increased from 23 to 50
  • Health Growth per 90 seconds (3 waves) beginning at wave 16 increased from 32 to 60
  • Health bar size visually increased
Super Minions
  • Base Gold Value increased from 45 to 60
  • Gold Value Growth per 90 seconds (3 waves) increased from 0.35 to 3
Melee Minions
  • Base Gold Value increased from 20 to 21
  • Gold Value Growth per 90 seconds (3 waves) lowered from 0.125 to 0
Caster Minions
  • Base Gold Value lowered from 17 to 14
  • Gold Value Growth per 90 seconds (3 waves) lowered from 0.125 to 0
The summary here is that caster minions give less base gold, melee minions give a tiny bit more, and neither of them have scaling gold values anymore. Cannon and super minions, meanwhile, give significantly more gold, especially as the game progresses. Cannon waves are now incredibly important, and missing a cannon ends up being a pretty significant gold loss. I think the change is interesting: it's meant to promote more fighting in lane by making cannons a point of contention. Unfortunately, they chose to push this change through without touching Minion Dematerializer, so expect literally every midlaner to be running Demat to eat the first 6 cannon waves risk-free and for botlane to be even more of a Relic Shield tankfest than before. Please remember to yell really loudly at your braindead Thresh to not go Relic unless you want to become even sadder than before.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I'll adapt, just like I do to all of Riot's galaxy brain attempts to shake up the meta, but I'm honestly baffled as to what they thought was so bad about the existing laning phase. Like who looks at any of the 8.x metas so far and goes "hmm yes the problem with this metagame is that the early lanes don't sufficiently resemble two convicts knife fighting over the last cigarette"

Svensken
May 29, 2010
They want to move the meta away from pure wave clear without completely gutting wave clear champs. This change both promotes roaming by reducing the cost of missing non-cannon waves, and concentrates gold to cannon minions - which should make wave-clearers feel less mandatory.

Overall I'm optimistic about these changes, as long as they do something to make dematerializer less attractive.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

It's like they know I am poo poo at last hitting cannon minions and are all laughing at me.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
If it were just increasing the options for handling waves so that different champion kits were on a more equal footing, then that would be one thing, but I'm viewing it in the context of them also increasing the lethality of lanes in other ways (ignite buff, heal nerf, Resolve nerf) that makes it seem like their overall goal is to make lanes more spiky/snowbally.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It's going to be so, so much more painful watching allies completely whiff the last hits on cannon minions now.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Cannons being worth more gold is a hilarious way to buff Relic Shield supports.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Finally my Relic Shield Veigar Support is going to shine, I promise I'm never missing another Q on cannons!!!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Karthus
Lay Waste (Q) damage increased from 40/60/50/100/120 to 50/70/90/110/130

Presence of Mind (P2)
Effect changed to:
"Takedowns restore 20% of your maximum mana and refund 10% of your Ultimate's cooldown."

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Triumph was already ARAM god tier alongside Dark Harvest but Presence of Mind is gonna overshadow it for casters and many others now

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Karthus

Presence of Mind (P2)
Effect changed to:
"Takedowns restore 20% of your maximum mana and refund 10% of your Ultimate's cooldown."

Im already killing poo poo with karthus so this is a welcome change so long as the unwashed masses do not play my guy and get it nerfed again

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Karthus

Presence of Mind (P2)
Effect changed to:

Exctied to see all the Lux players who go Sorcery/Triumph for maximum ult CDR

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

soraka's gonna be scary good with the new PoM

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Mid Sion guide:

Start corrupting pot. Get a Dark Seal and a Dorans Ring on first back for early strength. Then get whatever AP item you need to bully lane harder and get Banner of Command second (or first if you're already bullying hard enough)

E-Q-E-W then max E into either W or Q depending on what you feel like

Runes are Comet, Manaflow Band, Absolute Focus, Scorch + Cheap Shot, Eyeball Collection

Flash+Ignite.

Spam E on minions to hit your lane opponent on cooldown until they leave lane crying. Ignite them whenever, it's all good.

Level 1 Sion does 74 + 32 + 20 + 15 magic damage and 12 true damage on a single E hit.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Monathin posted:

OwO

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

quote:

Locket is really strong right now, crowding out other options for support or jungle tanks, so we're toning down the strength
how many dozens of times has this exact line showed up in patch notes by now

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Venuz Patrol posted:

how many dozens of times has this exact line showed up in patch notes by now

It might be better if they had more than three other options for support/jungle tanks so that locket didn't show up in every build :v:

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
They should just remove items and make everyone get static upgrades by role once enough gold is earned.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Spudalicious posted:

They should just remove items and make everyone get static upgrades by role once enough gold is earned.

They should have everyone level up as a team and pick situational upgrades every 3 levels.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Monathin posted:

step 1: max CDR as karthus
step 2: take this and penta kill the enemy team with r

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Monathin posted:

It might be better if they had more than three other options for support/jungle tanks so that locket didn't show up in every build :v:

It's a little better now that Shurelya's is back in the game. Realistically, though, a teamwide damage shield is never going to be bad unless you add on weird conditionals like they were trying on the PBE (shield is smaller, but you take 50% less AoE damage while the shield is active) or punch it down to be a mediocre-at-best purchase.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 3, 2018

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Zoe's cooldown on sleep is still 5 seconds at max rank and CDR. Gonna have to permaban until that changes.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

pog boyfriend posted:

step 1: max CDR as karthus
step 2: take this and penta kill the enemy team with r

Pog i have not ventured outside of toplane in so long, teach me what karthus is about these days

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

d0grent posted:

Zoe's cooldown on sleep is still 5 seconds at max rank and CDR. Gonna have to permaban until that changes.

Zoe is incredibly rear end right now, no

w-w-ait

NANI??

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

:unsmigghh:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

W...what? Lux buffs? Lux SUPPORT buffs?!

It's gonna be a weird few weeks.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

W...what? Lux buffs? Lux SUPPORT buffs?!

It's gonna be a weird few weeks.

It's meant as a bit of a half-and-half buff. Midlane Lux benefits from a stronger initial shield for laning phase without the other ally requirement and gains some non-combo damage during teamfights, while botlane Lux benefits from having a good reason to max W early and more early trading power. It means no more goofy 600 point shield builds, but I think it's a more than worthwhile tradeoff.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Apr 4, 2018

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Gonna play me some support Lux today.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Miss Fortune
Miss Fortune
Miss Fortune

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Congrats on having the 4th highest damage dealt?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Look at the champion below mf

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Monathin posted:

Pog i have not ventured outside of toplane in so long, teach me what karthus is about these days

ah — then you will be right at home with top lane karthus. karthus is defined by his immediate build question: tear, or rod of ages? both? it is actually quite stressful as you need to commit since both items take time in the oven to bake. from there, you can go a CDR ap tank build top by leaning on rod of ages, or a pure ap hypercarry by leaning on archangels.

the advantage of the latter is that you can stack a lot of cs top lane to come online fast and safely allowing your team to draft whatever ad assassin XxShadowDeathxX wants, while with the former you can do extremely dangerous tower dive plays where you suicide to the mid tower and use your e and w to prevent escape, going 1 for 1 but guaranteeing your mid and jungler will be able to mess up the tower.

get good at last hitting and get lots of money anyway, pay attention to the map, and understand that your ult and passive together give you the ultimate revenge making it nigh impossible for you not to go 1 for 1 if you are caught out(unless you are bad).

if you are not playing statue of liberty karthus uninstall the game.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

i like the concept of that champ but i dont know how id feel about playing him in the lane where the invulnerable ninjas hang out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

pog boyfriend posted:

if you are not playing statue of liberty karthus uninstall the game.

pentakill karthus would like a word