Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Obligatum VII posted:

The books were about on par with Eureka, unIDed stuff was way less awful.

I'd probably have a zodiac weapon for every job I have leveled up if it wasn't for those loving things. The books at least take as long as it does to hit level 13 in Eureka and are about million times more loving tedious. And you have to do them for each.and.every.single.relic. instead of eating poo poo once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I can't believe it's been 4+ years since I joined this game and we've come so far. Also, I've perfected my Nines cosplay.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Alder posted:

I can't believe it's been 4+ years since I joined this game and we've come so far. Also, I've perfected my Nines cosplay.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/cd424b220c0

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Alder posted:

Nyans

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Oxyclean posted:

I mean, if i'm off doing my own thing it feels weird having to pester shout and hope someone comes along to rez. Probably less of an issue if you're following/near the train but I still hate feeling like a burden. Plus dying is probably the #1 time I'll feel like I want to leave or take a break and waiting on a raise feels like it could be pretty frustrating?

It's probably not bad in practice but the risk of xp loss kinda just gives me dumb gaming anxieties.

Just shout for a res, my dude. I've died more times than I can count in Eureka and I've not lost experience once. There's always going to be at least one person willing to run to the ends of the earth to scrape you off the sidewalk, regardless of whether you happen to be near the train or not.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Rainuwastaken posted:

Just shout for a res, my dude. I've died more times than I can count in Eureka and I've not lost experience once. There's always going to be at least one person willing to run to the ends of the earth to scrape you off the sidewalk, regardless of whether you happen to be near the train or not.

Usually me. Gives me something to do while fates spawn and I’ll be hosed if I’m going to do the requisite farming, level 20 or no.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Alder posted:

You forgot to fantasia to midlander.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The closest I came was dying on my way to Pazuzu in a really awkward spot, completely missing the entire fight (because nobody is going to leave to get me) and then watching people run past me. Luckily my party decided to make the run back for me. It was kinda close. I'm willing to be annoying, I'll spam Shout like every 15 seconds. There was no way I was willing to spend more time than I had to leveling in Eureka.

Full disclosure though, just spending time in there to cap Mendacity has the side effect of allowing me to drop an i355 weapon on my fresh 70s. That's pretty good.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Brainamp posted:

You forgot to fantasia to midlander.

Neverrr I can't give up on cat ears and fluffy tails. Also, playing human feels a bit redundant :(

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Alder posted:

Neverrr I can't give up on cat ears and fluffy tails. Also, playing human feels a bit redundant :(

It'll never be perfect then. Just pretend you're fantasing to an android. :v:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I've been in the hospital so I'm behind on everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drq5ER6MHAM

Have we discussed this or not

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Rainuwastaken posted:

I bought the mog mount so I could help ferry lowbies, and have frequently left fights or ran back and fourth grabbing people and taking them to the nm, and ensuring they make it through the shark tunnel or whatever. I've played nothing but rdm to rez and heal.

People have been really grateful, and that's cool I like helping, but it's also just something to do.

The rush of trying to pull your dead body out of the mob pile while avoiding the elemental aggro is the most excitement I'm going to get.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Nodosaur posted:

I've been in the hospital so I'm behind on everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drq5ER6MHAM

Have we discussed this or not

the jp thing was a lot better, pokemon go jokes are stale at this point

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

sword_man.gif posted:

the jp thing was a lot better, pokemon go jokes are stale at this point

I liked how it jokes about gathering success and the destruction of the phones

what was the jp thing?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

Full disclosure though, just spending time in there to cap Mendacity has the side effect of allowing me to drop an i355 weapon on my fresh 70s. That's pretty good.

This is a nice side-bonus to Anemos gear. Follow the train and you can easily cap tomes in a single Eureka session. It's great for when you don't feel like EXDR.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

itskage posted:

I bought the mog mount so I could help ferry lowbies, and have frequently left fights or ran back and fourth grabbing people and taking them to the nm, and ensuring they make it through the shark tunnel or whatever. I've played nothing but rdm to rez and heal.

People have been really grateful, and that's cool I like helping, but it's also just something to do.

The rush of trying to pull your dead body out of the mob pile while avoiding the elemental aggro is the most excitement I'm going to get.

You uh.. You were aware that you can ferry people on either Draught Chocobo from the recruit a friend campaigns right, that cost no money...?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Eopia posted:

You uh.. You were aware that you can ferry people on either Draught Chocobo from the recruit a friend campaigns right, that cost no money...?

Maybe they have no friends.

e: that play this game.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
It's super hosed up to get your friends into an mmo.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I wish I still had mmo friends but they've moved on :v:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

It's super hosed up to get your friends into an mmo.

:emptyquote:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I have no friends but I do have a wedding Chocobo (rip my catwife). Of course even when I announce a free ride or run circles around a party member that's on foot I still can't convince anybody to hop on half the time.

Which is a shame since before I hit 17, Legolas-ing into a passing fat moogle was a fun way to get around.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 3, 2018

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Rainuwastaken posted:

This doesn't always work.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Thundarr posted:

I have no friends but I do have a wedding Chocobo (rip my catwife). Of course even when I announce a free ride it run circles around a party member that's on foot I still can't convince anybody to hop on half the time.

Which is a shame since before I hit 17, Legolas-ing into a passing fat moogle was a fun way to get around.

I think a lot of people don't know how those mounts work

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Thundarr posted:

I have no friends but I do have a wedding Chocobo (rip my catwife). Of course even when I announce a free ride it run circles around a party member that's on foot I still can't convince anybody to hop on half the time.

I'm always grateful to those people but half the time I don't notice because my eyes glaze over whenever I look at the screen in a Eureka NM train, there's just too much poo poo on screen

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Nodosaur posted:

I liked how it jokes about gathering success and the destruction of the phones

what was the jp thing?

magnai fantasy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPaI3YV4GeA

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
There was also Brave Exvius 3DS, which I definitely wasn't planning on buying if it was real. :negative:

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Eopia posted:

Shhhhhhhh shhhhhhhh shhhhhhhh! You're taking my excuses away. :ssh:

I also bought dote, pretty please, power up, and megaflare while I was in there.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Did they ever add a cart or did you have to interact with the checkout 5 separate times?

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

Did they ever add a cart or did you have to interact with the checkout 5 separate times?

They’ve added a cart now

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

oh no blimp issue posted:

They’ve added a cart now

And by now, that was added within the last like 2 weeks.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
What is it with game devs being really oblivious to the usefulness of quality of life features?

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

It was last week when they added last years Easter event items to the store

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

What is it with game devs being really oblivious to the usefulness of quality of life features?

Dunno. I just discovered today that you can't mail items to alts (yes I have one, shut up).

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

japanese design with regard to the internet is different. see also: nintendo, niconico

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

You know this is noncanon because at the end Magnai is considered attractive to women.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Nodosaur posted:

You know this is noncanon because at the end Magnai is considered attractive to women.

When we finally get back to Magnai in game I fully expect we'll have to save him from Aswang once or twice.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.

Cythereal posted:

Dunno. I just discovered today that you can't mail items to alts (yes I have one, shut up).
I don't know if they've fixed this, but it was possible as of a few weeks ago to friend alts, which lets you mail to them or share houses:

1) Start casting a teleport to a different zone on one of the characters.
2) Before the cast finishes, force the game to close through Task Manager or whatever the PS4 has.
3) Log on with the second character.
4) Find your first character through player search or the FC list or something and send a friend request.
5) Log over to the first character and accept the request.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Almost to level 30 and really liking things so far. The ARR story isn't too bad overall, but definitely has it's exciting points and it's boring/lovely points. Looking forward to making my Pugilist a Monk this evening. :q:

I'm also considering leveling Samurai once I get to 50. I hear their individual DPS is pretty solid but their group utility is hot garbage. Are they at least fun to play?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Beefeater posted:

Almost to level 30 and really liking things so far. The ARR story isn't too bad overall, but definitely has it's exciting points and it's boring/lovely points. Looking forward to making my Pugilist a Monk this evening. :q:

I'm also considering leveling Samurai once I get to 50. I hear their individual DPS is pretty solid but their group utility is hot garbage. Are they at least fun to play?

Depends on what you find fun. Single target rotation, they are probably the laziest melee dps and I really like that. What I mean specifically by that is you aren't having to reposition all the time like you do with mnk and drg, while also not having to deal with the fiddly mudra system of nin. You also don't really have any traditional damage cooldowns so you kinda just do all your poo poo as the cooldowns come up (truly optimal play for savage raiding you might hold on to things for trick attack windows and poo poo based on party composition but that kind of thing is way down the line). For AE pulls in dungeons, they actually have a rotation of sorts, which nobody else really does and I find that quite satisfying, even if aiming the cone on fuga is a real pain in the rear end.

So really, if you want fairly simple, give sam a shot and if you want to stay complex then stick with mnk or try nin. Drg for something kinda in the middle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

AngusPodgorny posted:

I don't know if they've fixed this, but it was possible as of a few weeks ago to friend alts, which lets you mail to them or share houses:

1) Start casting a teleport to a different zone on one of the characters.
2) Before the cast finishes, force the game to close through Task Manager or whatever the PS4 has.
3) Log on with the second character.
4) Find your first character through player search or the FC list or something and send a friend request.
5) Log over to the first character and accept the request.

It's just that easy!