Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Fried Sushi posted:

I'd go Cable > QS > Jean > Thanos > Switch

Tempting to go for Jean right away but since you are relatively close on Cable and QS I'd finish them off first but going all out for Jean wouldn't be a bad idea either.

You say relatively close. I dumped all my spare bios from my X-Men into Cable and moved him from 56 to most of the way through 57. Means no real increase in Stats but when he hits 60 it will be worth it.
I also farmed enough M'Kran crystals to get Storm to Tier 2 and earned Jean. She should be good, but it will be a while before I have the bios to feed her. At least by that stage I'll have all the Feathers to help boost her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I rank it Jean > Quicksilver > Cable. Cable's great against stationary targets where you can just unload but in crowded fields or with really evasive enemies its a lot of work. Quicksilver's whole value is that you can scoop all those fuckers up and just wail away and get control. And Jean's just the nuke who you drop for maximum damage.

That being said you should definitely just focus on whoever you've already done the most work on and get them there so you have one big weapon instead of splitting your resources and having a bunch of limp weapons for a bigger cost.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

bagrada posted:

Thanos is much more useful than the rest of the Black Order, until and if they get rad costumes for the movie. He's expensive as hell to level up though. Keep in mind you'll want to get their gear up too and that is even more gold and bam/feathers.

Question for anyone more established with all the T2 meta chars in action. Now that you have Cable, Quicksilver, Hobo Thanos, Jean, Apoc and so on, is there anything you regularly use Dormammu and Odin for? Just curious if for instance there are certain SL levels they trivialize or if Dormammu is more timeline/conquest oriented or what. I've got Apocalypse to 59, so I'm trying to decide who is next. I have Dormammu at 5/5/50 (I wanted to finish the quest pack and had spare mats while working on feathers for Apoc), Adam Warlock at 3/3/34, Ebony Maw at 3/3/40, and Odin, Corvus, Black Dwarf and Supernova at 1/1/1. I might take a break from the big guys to work up the rest of the Black Order in prep for the movie.

I don't use Odin or Dorm for anything specific anymore. The last few SL stages there are better people to use, so I guess if I use them at all it'd be somewhere lower where I ran outta guys I would normally use.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I used this weeks 6* rank up ticket on She Hulk as I almost had her to 6* on her own, so I can get her ready to t2 sooner. The Hero Tokens are way more difficult to rack up than the chaos ones.

Did they decrease the difficulty for Apocalypse WB or did Wolverines new costume make him that much better? Though it drives me nuts how targeting works. I'll have Wolverine standing next to Apoc and hit one of his skills and instead of attacking the boss, he goes across the screen and attacks one of the obelisks. wtf?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

phosdex posted:

I don't use Odin or Dorm for anything specific anymore. The last few SL stages there are better people to use, so I guess if I use them at all it'd be somewhere lower where I ran outta guys I would normally use.

I have everyone and it's about the same, not much. They help Strange fight the BO in SL, and Dorm has his AB level for one 6* crystal but that's about it

Odin used to do one day of AB too but he got supplanted by Blue Marvel for me

They're still pretty strong, don't get me wrong, but so they'd be good for Conquest? :P

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

I used this weeks 6* rank up ticket on She Hulk as I almost had her to 6* on her own, so I can get her ready to t2 sooner. The Hero Tokens are way more difficult to rack up than the chaos ones.

Did they decrease the difficulty for Apocalypse WB or did Wolverines new costume make him that much better? Though it drives me nuts how targeting works. I'll have Wolverine standing next to Apoc and hit one of his skills and instead of attacking the boss, he goes across the screen and attacks one of the obelisks. wtf?
This is me with Quicksilver in Alliance Battle Normal oh hey here I am surrounded by a bunch of mooks, I could use my tornado to gather them up and punch them in the face, orrrrrr I could dash all the way across screen and grab that one guy that is hanging out by himself.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

bagrada posted:

Thanos is much more useful than the rest of the Black Order, until and if they get rad costumes for the movie. He's expensive as hell to level up though. Keep in mind you'll want to get their gear up too and that is even more gold and bam/feathers.

Question for anyone more established with all the T2 meta chars in action. Now that you have Cable, Quicksilver, Hobo Thanos, Jean, Apoc and so on, is there anything you regularly use Dormammu and Odin for? Just curious if for instance there are certain SL levels they trivialize or if Dormammu is more timeline/conquest oriented or what. I've got Apocalypse to 59, so I'm trying to decide who is next. I have Dormammu at 5/5/50 (I wanted to finish the quest pack and had spare mats while working on feathers for Apoc), Adam Warlock at 3/3/34, Ebony Maw at 3/3/40, and Odin, Corvus, Black Dwarf and Supernova at 1/1/1. I might take a break from the big guys to work up the rest of the Black Order in prep for the movie.

For whatever reason (tradition?) I always use Odin/Thor/Jane for level 20 rumble where you face Odin.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Still working on getting Jean so hopefully I can eventually get past Odin in the Story Missions. Still about 1000 crystals away from unlocking Magneto, though.

So do Shadowland levels remain constant? The same options on every level every time so you can plan to use the same characters for each one the same way? I got to Level 12 for the first time today, so yay.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nah, they change up. One week you might draw a million Combat Rumbles and the next week you might draw one but draw a milling Rocket stages. Getting past Floor 15 is a bit about building up your depth chart so you can weather a heavy draw.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Certain stages are constant.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Conquest ones are. 15, 20, 25, 27, and 29. You can (and should) plan for those.

And I think it's relatively stable about whether you get Relays, Rumbles, Waves, or Bosses on each other floor. Although I feel like there's some variation there on some of the later floors like 26 and 28 where I usually get a Boss but seem to draw a Rumble every now and then.

But which ones you draw seem pretty random. So flexibility feels like the big thing I needed to get through the teen floors. It wasn't enough to have 19 people pegged for 19 floors. I needed some options in case my draws went heavy in one direction or another. I drew a ton of Villain Floors this week and it became a conservation problem as I moved up and started running out of them.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Yeah, I keep getting Blast characters and it just makes me mad that T2 MODOK can't handle a level on his own. At least Mysterio can.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

The only thing that T2 MODOK can handle on his own is an early story mission

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
God I hate wave modes with the boss surrounded by a bunch of mooks, I always have to waste a decent character in them.

Fried Sushi posted:

This is me with Quicksilver in Alliance Battle Normal oh hey here I am surrounded by a bunch of mooks, I could use my tornado to gather them up and punch them in the face, orrrrrr I could dash all the way across screen and grab that one guy that is hanging out by himself.

Yea all characters seem to have weird targeting, this is one of the bad things with the above too.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

A surfing dog?! posted:

Please respect.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Steve Vader posted:

Still working on getting Jean so hopefully I can eventually get past Odin in the Story Missions. Still about 1000 crystals away from unlocking Magneto, though.

Wolverine is the one that got me past Odin - no need to wait for Jean.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think I did it with Strange and it just takes a lot of patience, perfect timing on his rotation, and Ancient One's healing bubble as a safety net.

I think I needed Jean to get it to 3* though.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

bagrada posted:

I have all of them maxed an I only use Odin and Dormammu for risk these days

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?

A surfing dog?! posted:

I use Modok for SL levels in the teens, your Modok must be shameful. :smith:

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

im freaking the heck out posted:

I use Modok for SL levels in the teens, your Modok must be shameful. :smith:

Imagine being so desperate you have to resort to Modok to clear Shadowland. Truly shameful. :mmmhmm:

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

I'm thinking with the right ctp and some uni upgrades he can take Daredevil. Just got to work on it some more.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Zokari posted:

Imagine being so desperate you have to resort to Modok to clear Shadowland. Truly shameful. :mmmhmm:

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Please respect.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I was playing around with Angel in Shadowlands and he seems really strong. Out of 5 skills 3 of them are x-frames and 1 is an invuln/heal/buff. In fact you can chain the 3 x-frame skills forever it seems? It was only one of the early SL stages, but he was only 15/15/15/15. Looking forward to getting him to T2.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Zokari posted:

What's worse having to resort to using Modok or choosing to use Modok.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So much MODOK disrespect. He was the first character I leveled up and T2ed. He is the greatest.

Although I would love a skin of his giant proportional robot suit. Or MODAM. Or Ms. MODOK.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Hoping he gets an Iron Man uniform, it's about time.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Gotta respect the MODOK.

(from Hank Johnson, Agent of Hydra #1)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bagrada posted:

Gotta respect the MODOK.

That whole thing was very Venture Bros, but the two Hydra goons singing there are the most Venture Bros thing.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I just got to explain MODOK to my partner

Like, as a concept

Next I'm digging up the old Fifty Shades of MODOK stories from back when marvel heroes was still alive

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dravs posted:

I was playing around with Angel in Shadowlands and he seems really strong. Out of 5 skills 3 of them are x-frames and 1 is an invuln/heal/buff. In fact you can chain the 3 x-frame skills forever it seems? It was only one of the early SL stages, but he was only 15/15/15/15. Looking forward to getting him to T2.

Yeah, much like the other winged characters in Vulture and the new Falcon he seems sorta untouchable if he's strong enough to do damage.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

MODOK is actually a pretty good guy for even pretty high rumbles in SL if you have the Spiderman costume.

He leads 30% energy, is blast, and actually CC's with the costume reliably enough that he can keep himself (and you) alive.

Sadly, that is the only use I have ever found for him

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

bagrada posted:

Gotta respect the MODOK.

This fukkin owns

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I definitely need something to make my Wolverine 'immune to stun' or something before I send him after Odin. And I guess I might need the AoA costume, too? But even against the Alliance Battle frost wolf thing, he keeps getting knocked for a loop and just sitting there seeing starts for way too long. Same problem in Timeline Battle. I wish the Trivia game would tell me what I need to make that happen.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, just throw an "immune to snare" (I think) obelisk on him. Doesn't even have to be higher than 2*. Check your inventory after doing Special Missions and it will take you a couple of days tops to get one. You might even be able to buy one from the Lab store. Then he should be able to tear through ABX no problem with like a Beast leadership boost.

edit: "Immunity to Snare", not "Stun." At least that's what I have on him and he never gets stopped by the Frost Beast.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 5, 2018

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
New Black Panther uni makes combat ABX a dream and you don't need an immune to snare obelisk on him. Between the invulnerability and the iframes he never gets hit by the beast so you never get snared. Easy 100k, with potential for way more.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Thanks. I guessed Immune To Snare was the thing but the animation really didn't look like he was "snared," but rather just dazed, so I wasn't sure.

Of course, I've got a 20% Ignore Damage obelisk on him now that I'll be sad to lose.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 5, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"Snare" is what I have but like try with a 2* and if it doesn't work you won't be losing anything trashing it. But its what I have and Wolverine doesn't get all limp like he used to so I assume its the right one.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I’m pretty sure you guys mean immune to stun, not snared. But now you’re making me question everything.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

The Dave posted:

I’m pretty sure you guys mean immune to stun, not snared. But now you’re making me question everything.

I kept looking for Immune to Stun among my obelisks and found none. So I went with Immune to Snare with a Recovery Rate bonus of 61% for Wolverine. Still no luck in getting past Odin, though, but he didn't appear to be stunned at all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

The status effect is definitely snare. The description of the mode should tell you what you have to prepare for.