Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
New page e:

kidcoelacanth posted:

This is cute as heck and all but how does Toda know about Sano?

no ring

Oh wait it’s there :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

we drifted from toda's fantasy to aya's fantasy at some point

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Venuz Patrol posted:

we drifted from toda's fantasy to aya's fantasy at some point

Oh that would be precious if true.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ayas fantasies are in black and white arent they

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

kidcoelacanth posted:

whose mind is she reading?

linall
Feb 1, 2007

Elephant Parade posted:

whose mind is she reading?

To go by the page before last we're in Toda's head. Venuz Patrol's suggestion that we drifted into Aya's head is a fun and compelling one though.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Remember that the visualizations for the thoughts come from Aya. This could very well just be her visual interpretation of "everyone coming together for a reunion"

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I still think that the individual provides the script but Aya supplies the visuals. So the location is the same in both people's minds but they look different given Ayas differing experiences.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

kidcoelacanth posted:

This page better be repeated as an epilogue to this series or else I'm going to be really upset. :argh:

But mostly really sad. :smith:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

PerrineClostermann posted:

anemoia - n. nostalgia for a time you've never known

TIL FOMO has an actual word that doesn't make me want to punch the person say it.

whooooooooooooooo's ready for the jarring crash back to reality

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Eldercain posted:

whooooooooooooooo's ready for the jarring crash back to reality

no no I don't wanna go back you can't make me

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Heads up apparently the author's cat deleted a bunch of work or something so there's going to be another upcoming hiatus.

Release schedule:

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
My cat ate my homework

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

linall posted:

To go by the page before last we're in Toda's head. Venuz Patrol's suggestion that we drifted into Aya's head is a fun and compelling one though.

Aya's fantasies are in black and white. The last speech bubble is in black and white.

Makes sense to me.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
cats: not even once

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Once again justifying my disdain for Cats as housepets.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cats own theyre like putting a mutator on your run to make things more challenging and interesting

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Cats are a good source of Murphyesque chaos to add to any system, in order to test that it's both production safe and has working disaster recovery. :colbert:

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I love how they turned Supreme into Choucream on Toda's shirt

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

PULL UP PULL UP

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Her face is priceless

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jesus Christ

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Her face is priceless

yes! no!! yes!!! nooo!!!!

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
That face. That is the purest face, of the purest feeling.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Man I cannot wait until the eventual reaction when Toda learns she can read minds, and he realizes what that means.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Drunk Theory posted:

Man I cannot wait until the eventual reaction when Toda learns she can read minds, and he realizes what that means.

I have a feeling we're about to find out, but I could be wrong!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I don't think he'll ever find out tbh

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

iospace posted:

I have a feeling we're about to find out, but I could be wrong!

I keep feeling like he'll never find out but this would be a good moment for it to happen.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

kidcoelacanth posted:

I don't think he'll ever find out tbh

Possibly, though I think it likely at some point, if the author wants to make them a couple. Could be at the end of the comic though.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Drunk Theory posted:

I feel like, if he spends a lot of time talking to her, he will inevitably notice that her expression changes every time he is thinking lewd things. Remember, Aya is terrible at keeping a straight face. There's no way he won't notice the connection between her reactions and his thoughts at some point.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like, if he spends a lot of time talking to her, he will inevitably notice that her expression changes every time he is thinking lewd things. Remember, Aya is terrible at keeping a straight face. There's no way he won't notice the connection between her reactions and his thoughts at some point.

He's definitely caught on to the fact that he can read her expressions fairly well, right?

I'm now imagining him experimenting with this, Aya making excuses to run away...putting two and two together...

:kimchi:

PerrineClostermann fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 4, 2018

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Ytlaya posted:

This effectively has already happened via Toda's sister, all we are waiting for is Toda to confirm it himself.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Drunk Theory posted:

*comic is 4 panels of toda making the math lady meme faces*

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I, for one, am glad to know that Toda has not been replaced by a pod person.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

PerrineClostermann posted:

He's definitely caught on to the fact that he can read her expressions fairly well, right?

I'm not imagining him experimenting with this, Aya making excuses to run away...

:kimchi:

This would be so great, because it's not like Aya wouldn't know it was coming. Toda thought "Okay, time to try and experimen". Aya "Okay I've got to go right now!"

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

AnacondaHL posted:

This effectively has already happened via Toda's sister, all we are waiting for is Toda to confirm it himself.

I feel like at first it just seems like she's good at reading his expression/mood, but it might be clear that it's actual thought-reading when she reacts to the sort of thoughts that wouldn't change his expression (like the lewd stuff). Particularly if he's in the middle of talking about something else while thinking it. Like, in this case he's been talking to her and she's presumably had a normal expression, and then his fantasy reaches the part where he asks to sleep with her while she wears a school uniform and she suddenly gets a goofy expression and starts sweating in a very conspicuous way. I think it'll take a few times before it becomes an obvious trend, since it's easy enough to write off as a coincidence the first couple times.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
As someone who is oblivious to anything directed at me but perceptive to interactions between others

He'll never notice if she doesn't say

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Turned left, Aya, yessssss!

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
One thing I noticed with the previous page where they're meeting up with the rest of the group. Sano asks how long they've been together and Ayako replies 3 years and there's a frame of her wedding ring. That is entirely her fantasy since Toda doesn't know that Mana is with Sano yet. Ayako is a lot thirstier then she realizes. :3:

Edit: I was right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless