Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The best Saturday night a person can have is staying at home and watching weird antenna TV until the wee hours of the morning. It's like time traveling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Anyone seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EHbt_kSkG8

It seems not very good and 100% TBS trying to ride the Rick & Morty wave but man the art is pretty nice.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Final Space has been mentioned quite a few times in this thread and it's fantastic. Gary can be a little grating at first, but he wins you over with sincerity. It also hits the right combination of silly and heartfelt.

It's easy one of my most favorite half hour shows right now. The animation is also amazing on it and it's really directed with a cinematic scope.

Mooncake is also the most adorable planet killing weapon ever.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

bull3964 posted:

Now that CBS all access allows you to stream through Amazon, it's a lot less annoying.

Just wait until there's a bunch you want to watch, pay the $10 for that month, burn though it, then drop.

I did that with Discovery and No Activity in earlier in the year. I figure if I do it once or twice a year I'll get my money's worth.

Or just pay attention because CBS offers me free months more than anything. I only sign up for it a few months out of the year but I don't think I ever pay for anything but the second month.

Similarly I went to cancel Hulu yesterday after my 3 month gift certificate was due to run out next week and they went and offered me another free month. So maybe I'll have time to rewatch Always Sunny and watch Handmaid's Tale like I never got around to.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I didn't see a thread for it but I gave The Crossing a chance because I enjoy Steve Zahn. It was rough and I could see why ABC decided to burn it off as a spring replacement. And since it's a show about refugees from the future they make sure to work in a bit about poison m&m's and a secret refugee plot to infiltrate the government

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I didn't see a thread for it but I gave The Crossing a chance because I enjoy Steve Zahn. It was rough and I could see why ABC decided to burn it off as a spring replacement. And since it's a show about refugees from the future they make sure to work in a bit about poison m&m's and a secret refugee plot to infiltrate the government

Ripping off a premise USA did 14 years ago? Yikes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Also South Park.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I liked it. Rick Gomez needs work drat it.,

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

STAC Goat posted:

Or just pay attention because CBS offers me free months more than anything. I only sign up for it a few months out of the year but I don't think I ever pay for anything but the second month.

Similarly I went to cancel Hulu yesterday after my 3 month gift certificate was due to run out next week and they went and offered me another free month. So maybe I'll have time to rewatch Always Sunny and watch Handmaid's Tale like I never got around to.

I canceled Hulu a couple of months ago, only to find out that Sprint (who I’ve been with since 99) gives you Hulu for free. That’s the good news. The bad news I’m still a Sprint user (that unlimited data I can’t let go).

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I just watched the first episode of Ugly Delicious and that show seems great.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I like it a lot. David Chang complains a lot about white people though.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Arist posted:

I just watched the first episode of Ugly Delicious and that show seems great.

I like the first episode, but not so much the next episode. I need to pick it up again so I can see the two local restaurants he did here in Knoxville.

Mu Zeta posted:

Chang and Sean Brock are two of my favorite chefs to watch. I mostly enjoy whatever they do.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

There was way more discussion of race and how its affected food and cuisine in the US then I expected. It was still good and at no point did it seem like his complaints were petty or unfounded, just a general dissatisfaction with the trend for white people to see non-white cuisines as confusing or weird.

The little focus group with the people claiming they'd get intensely ill from MSG and then feeding them a bunch of MSG loaded processed snacks was pretty funny. It does highlight how people tend to see the "foreign" food as the source of their sickness if they get sick like that.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

My favorite is the dim sum scene with the comedian Ali Wong. Asian people and Caucasians look for completely different things in Yelp reviews. And they complained about how the server was a little too nice for a dim sum place. The food must be poo poo!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
yo if you're looking to scratch that Patriot itch you should be watching Barry on HBO right now

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I mean I understand that the natural conclusion of Eric and Donna’s disastrous relationship is either one of them running away on the wedding eve but still they shouldn’t have gotten back together after that
I do wonder how it would’ve played out if Topher Grace didn’t run off to make movies

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Lurdiak posted:

Do you mean the actor or the character.

I really love That 70's Show and the first few seasons are really a perfect multi-cam sitcom with a great sense of humor but I haven't watched a single episode since I learned exactly how terrible a person Danny Masterson is and it will probably be a long while before I'm able to watch it again.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

DC Murderverse posted:

I really love That 70's Show and the first few seasons are really a perfect multi-cam sitcom with a great sense of humor but I haven't watched a single episode since I learned exactly how terrible a person Danny Masterson is and it will probably be a long while before I'm able to watch it again.

On Dax Shepard's podcast he's talking to Ashton Kutcher. During a story about that show. Dax say Masterson drives him home one night after a party and gives him a lecture about taking drugs... meanwhile hes driving the car hammered drunk.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Matt Zerella posted:

Both bit moreso the actor. I must have read the reply wrong.

That sucks, I remember Hyde being the character I related to the most. I know the actor's a dirtbag but I stopped watching the show regularly in the later seasons so it sucks if the character also got bad.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Hyde became pretty awful character wise, yeah. Less relatable anyway. I mean lol who would cheat on Mila Kunis that poo poo is 100% unbelievable!!! The last season or two was just weird in general when it came to characterizations.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

nate fisher posted:

I like the first episode, but not so much the next episode. I need to pick it up again so I can see the two local restaurants he did here in Knoxville.

Chang and Sean Brock are two of my favorite chefs to watch. I mostly enjoy whatever they do.

Yeah I agree the 2nd episode was not great. They really don't need to be so amazed that if a thing is delicious it will still be delicious if it's placed on/in/around a tortilla. That's basically bachelor cooking 101. The segment in the Yucatan also felt really forced since neither of those people (Sanchez and some white dude) have any kind of charisma on camera so everything they say just feels fake. I mean they might really have felt every word of, "Oh this is amazing and I just can't help but feel it's perfect and we're in the perfect place to be experiencing it." But I don't really believe that was anything but a scripted moment.

I did like the pizza episode a lot though, hopefully the rest of the series is more like that.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gillian Anderson has bailed from American Gods.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Timby posted:

I thought that was known?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah, she quit when Fuller left.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yeah, this news broke Jan 5th.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Timby is still drunk from celebrating the WI election last night.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

GreenNight posted:

Timby is still drunk from celebrating the WI election last night.

Been in recovery since 2009. But I'm definitely happy.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

lmao

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
The Looming Tower is pretty good. They're sticking pretty close to a lot of the stuff I read in The Black Banners.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Timby posted:

Chenoweth was talking about bailing, too. Both reasons I wanted to watch the show are goooone.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

esperterra posted:

Chenoweth was talking about bailing, too. Both reasons I wanted to watch the show are goooone.

I don't think she was, that was just a misinterpretation. She basically said "Well I knew the old guy had big plans for my character but I don't know if the new guys have anything for me". It seemed less like a statement of wanting out more her not having communicated with the new showrunners and not knowing what her place was now.

Which seems weird but American Gods is a weird show and Fuller seems like a weird guy and it seems weird that we haven't heard more concrete future plans since then.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

e: don't wake n bake kids

e2: oh I did find this tho, https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/kristin-chenoweth-star-trial-error-season-2-nbc-1087584

Looks like she's got a new show so it's still looking unlikely if she'll come back or not, or if she does it will probably be a reduced role from whatever Fuller had planned for her. I still get the vibe from most coverage about this that her being close with Fuller and him exiting was a big part of her apprehension about returning, but yeah there isn't a lot and the big quote from her is her going 'well i know bryan wanted me in more episodes but idk if the new guys will'

esperterra fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 4, 2018

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Is blonde Donna the biggest misstep in television history

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lmao the thread title.

e: blonde donna is the beginning of the end

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Calaveron posted:

Is blonde Donna the biggest misstep in television history

Yeah, if you see blonde Donna, watch something else

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

hahaha

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching Batman Begins on Syfy and someone really screwed with their settings because it is seriously playing at like 1.5x speed.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Eric's loving unbearable this season, and Blonde Donna's not necessarily a problem (although why on earth would you do that), it's just a sign of the problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
wait i thought the hitler photo shoot thing was an april fool's joke, that's a real article :psyduck: