Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

XK posted:

Hey, DapperDon, welcome to the party of being a problem on the internet.

:lol: that Derek gets upset about people from this thread being aggravating.

I'm not upset about that (aggravating people in this thread) at all. Those who I deem to be thus - because they keep attacking me for sport, and because it makes them feel good about their hard-ons - are safely quarantined behind a "Jerk Detected" filter.

What's annoying is someone telling me how I chose to run my feed. The arrogance is startling. I mean, seriously.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

his nibs posted:

Star Citizen: An Interesting Experiment

https://clips.twitch.tv/SeductiveTallDeerDxCat

That’s a guy just waiting for a firmware upgrade. The “At Least They Tried” patch will run error free with no further patching needed after.

AP posted:

It's worth money.

It would be a great housefile to target for computer chip enhanced scalar energy pendants created by Harvard graduates and previously only available for purchase by elites like Athletes & Celebrities, that’s for sure.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Does samfreez get paid by the post, or is he a goon in deep cover?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

The arrogance is startling.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jesus, they are actually having a discussion about the meaning of "sale". Goddamn.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

DapperDon posted:

Aaaaaaand we have a swing and a miss. The outside screwball has once again foiled the Great Dr. Smart at bat again. I like you Derek. And I say this in the most absolute sincere way that I can. However your personal insults aside with regards to my reading comprehension notwithstanding, I feel that it should be pointed out and explained is that the "humorous" part is where I made a joke here on a dead gay comedy forum about you taking everything so serious. Lighten up friendo. We are all here in the same fishbowl and a reminder to :justpost:.

I'm not amused that you find my commentary to be a "personal insult". It was an observation that I made based on the fact that YOU misinterpreted the context of what I wrote. To the extent that you completely misconstrued it, thus changing the meaning, intent, and context of my Twitter thread.

And that you would find that to be an insult, while calling me names, is the height of hypocrisy and hubris.

When you flat-out say poo poo like this, how EXACTLY did you expect me to respond?

quote:

If it's amusing then why are you blocking folks? And calling the ones that DO support and read your things as "clueless" and then blocking them as well sounds pretty tone deaf and a real dickish thing to do. What gives kemosabe?

quote:

I think we need to get a kickstarter campaign going to try and get our Warlord here a sense of humor. His seems to be defective.

I have said this before - for DECADES now - and I will say it again: I don't give enough shits about people, to even think that I'm out to win a popularity contest. If I can't engage with people as I see fit - and on mutual terms - then I belong in an echo chamber. I'm not - and never was - that guy.

If we can't be "friends" who argue and disagree, then what purpose do you serve being in my orbit?

----------------

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Apr 3, 2018

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

MilesK posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/897a9l/rule_compliant_version_to_all_the_citizens/dwq68vz/

People should have to spend 62.5 days straight grinding through boring poo poo to preserves the value of the $3,000 ship I bought in a way that wouldn't be blatantly pay to win.

That's not pay to win.

You could need an entire life of grinding in order to get the most expensive ships; as long as you can achieve it by in-game credits, that's not pay to win.

Riiiight ?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thank you for linking the whole 2 hour video and not the part where the thing actually happened

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

D_Smart posted:

What's annoying is someone telling me how I chose to run my feed. The arrogance is startling. I mean, seriously.

Well friendo, if that is your takeaway then I apologize. Because in no way whatsoever would I ever dream of telling you how to run your feed on any of your platforms. It's some of the most fun and entertaining parts of the internet. When you started laying down the rules and you explained them to me then I quit doing the things you asked me to. Why?? Respect. It's something I give to everyone. Even ones that call me names for no reason.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

D_Smart posted:

I'm not upset about that (aggravating people in this thread) at all. Those who I deem to be thus - because they keep attacking me for sport, and because it makes them feel good about their hard-ons - are safely quarantined behind a "Jerk Detected" filter.

Goons attack each other for sport. You've been here long enough to know that. We're like an immune system that keeps turning on itself to weed out the weak, resulting in constant inflammation.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

D_Smart posted:

What's wrong about being proud of your hard ons? Like, not to brag, but mine are pretty good for my age.

I also don't think anybody is actually telling you how to run your feed, at least not seriously. We know how you truck. Relax a bit, even Ghenghis Khan had a sense of humor and - considering the amount of people related to him - one hell of a hard on.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

XK posted:

Goons attack each other for sport. You've been here long enough to know that. We're like an immune system that keeps turning on itself to weed out the weak, resulting in constant inflammation.

Oh I quite agree. Which is why I find it humorous that someone would think that I find any of it aggravation. :)

----------------

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

trucutru posted:

What's wrong about being proud of your hard ons? Like, not to brag, but mine are pretty good for my age.

I also don't think anybody is actually telling you how to run your feed, at least not seriously. We know how you truck. Relax a bit, even Ghenghis Khan had a sense of humor and - considering the amount of people related to him - one hell of a hard on.

:perfect:

----------------

XK
Jul 9, 2001

D_Smart posted:

Oh I quite agree. Which is why I find it humorous that someone would think that I find any of it aggravation. :)

I can't tell if you are actually hyper-offended at peoples' comments, or if you're just playing hyper-offended. Either way, I love it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

XK posted:

I can't tell if you are actually hyper-offended at peoples' comments, or if you're just playing hyper-offended. Either way, I love it.

Preemptive :grin:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

If we can't be "friends" who argue and disagree, then what purpose do you serve being in my orbit?
"the world doesn't revolve around Derek Smart," I again declare as a pile of tweets slowly begin to smoulder under my stake

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hello Tarkaroshe. I'm sorry you hate fun. You should just take a screenshot of the entire trip report next time.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AlbieQuirky posted:

I miss when the Olisar rings used to spin. What is the point of them being rings if they don't spin?

Now they're just static decorations? Sad. :(

Come on CIG, gravity goo isn't fidelitous like a spinning ring for no reason.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Baxta posted:

Even good managers can stall teams of great programmers. This normally happens when the CEO is ridiculous and demands a bunch of things that are impractical and stupid. He delegates his idiotic poo poo downwards to the manager with the caveat that "Make it happen or its your rear end".

I've been that manager :(

:same:

:(

:sympathy:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Beet Wagon posted:

Hello Tarkaroshe. I'm sorry you hate fun. You should just take a screenshot of the entire trip report next time.

It's already griefers' paradise, for anybody who can deal with the crashes and terrible performance.

Maybe Chris Roberts is the real griefer.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/980515165912424453
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/980517284421783552

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I'm going down to Derek's place to cook up some blue cheese tacos.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

XK posted:

Star Citizen Twitter supporter rule #1: Can't spell for poo poo

Star Citizen Twitter supporter rule #2 : Be bad as gently caress with money, like remortgaging a house to pay for an unfinished computer game, that you are not making.
Star Citizen Twitter supporter rule #3 : Always side with the guy who takes your money and runs, he's way more trustworthy than people who don't take your money.
Star Citizen Twitter supporter rule #4 : Get massively bent out of shape about any old school developer who keeps trolling the gently caress outa you, over and over, until time itself ends.
Star Citizen Twitter supporter rule #5 : Never ever bathe, especailly before public/gaming events, the smell keeps even the goons away.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I'm going to rub my preemptive hardon.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Oh look. Another avatar and text with racist undertones. Nice. I must have triggered someone to spend 10 bux. Suck it. Bitch.

----------------

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

forsooth

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Would it be a good time to let the citizens know that during a 3 hour game session, I'm getting anywhere between 120 minimum and 144fps maximum on a pc that is about 2 years old now, and it'll go higher but screen ripping is nasty and I do not want so forced to framerate cap it.

I mean, I've been playing pretty much any game except the tech demo of Star Citizer, maybe I'm doing something wrong. :shrug:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Has derek ever posted on here where he didn't attack someone before or after making his point ?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Blue On Blue posted:

Has derek ever posted on here where he didn't attack someone before or after making his point ?

:allears:

----------------

XK
Jul 9, 2001

D_Smart posted:

Oh look. Another avatar and text with racist undertones. Nice. I must have triggered someone to spend 10 bux. Suck it. Bitch.

It's actually a comment on your poor fashion. A yellow shirt with red buttons, and red and white striped pants? Then you run around banging cymbals together all over the place. Come on, man.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

Shadowlyger posted:

Hey you'll notice that Montoya doesn't say anything about Derek anymore. Ever. I imagine that's because he got his rear end chewed.

Stop trying to lay down this incredibly tepid burn, you retard.

Hahahahha he said retard.

Tane, fellow rubbers.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Playing Star Citizen is actually a job. It's explicitly defined as such.

:lol: nobody is going to play this game except the deeply invested

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Hmm, like what Tarka? Stand around saluting other commandos? Or maybe doing the same fetch quest over and over again between crashes? Or maybe waiting for their ship to respawn?

In the absence of gameplay, making your own fun seems completely valid.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

XK posted:

It's actually a comment on your poor fashion. A yellow shirt with red buttons, and red and white striped pants? Then you run around banging cymbals together all over the place. Come on, man.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Anybody got a link to Crytek's response that just went on pacer today? I'd pull it but I don't feel like paying.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

This bit made me chuckle :

"In the released version of the game"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!! :yarg:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

XK posted:

Playing Star Citizen is actually a job. It's explicitly defined as such.

:lol: nobody is going to play this game except the deeply invested

...or deeply retarded.

----------------

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Gamesguy posted:

Anybody got a link to Crytek's response that just went on pacer today? I'd pull it but I don't feel like paying.

Nothing went up today. I don't see anything on PACER thus far. The last filing was from Mar 27th.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

D_Smart posted:

Nothing went up today. I don't see anything on PACER thus far. The last filing was from Mar 27th.

Here's a direct link.
https://ecf.cacd.uscourts.gov/doc1/031127879762