Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Lupin canon is a lot of different backstories and drastically different personalities that are impossible to reconcile, such that at most all it usually amounts to are a bunch of references to iconic stuff.

I'd be pretty surprised if any baggage came up that would actively make Part 4 a prerequisite to watching Part 5, especially given how easy it would be to bring viewers up to speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

thats pretty good. now do toriko

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Matoi Ryuko posted:

thats pretty good. now do toriko
the same but now you're also propositioning a schoolgirl

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Silver2195 posted:

I thought Lupin didn't really have a canon.

Well either way 2, 3, 4, and Cagliostro are cannon in pt. 5 and I guess just don't think about it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It has a franchise history as a pliable backdrop more than a strict canon, I think would be a decent way of putting it?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

afaik the "canonizing" of the past entries is a highlight reel of past lupin heists that recreated his look from the corresponding series. so your generous interpretation could be that those specific episodes from parts 1-4 and castle of cagliostro all took place, but maybe not every single one of the other hundreds of episodes.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

dogsicle posted:

what the heck is the white blob thing supposed to be

https://twitter.com/tomaznable/status/981305234034253825?s=21

this apparently

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

thank you, i love them

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
is fujiko doing a bong rip canon? that's the only lupin i've seen

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

lupin stole the canon for his own show and burned it the gently caress up

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Srice posted:

Lupin canon is a lot of different backstories and drastically different personalities that are impossible to reconcile, such that at most all it usually amounts to are a bunch of references to iconic stuff.

I'd be pretty surprised if any baggage came up that would actively make Part 4 a prerequisite to watching Part 5, especially given how easy it would be to bring viewers up to speed.

i was gonna joke about your tragic death in a biking accident the next time i posted in a movie thread but now you've posted again, before I watched a movie again, which really puts my moving watching in perspective

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Expect My Mom posted:

is fujiko doing a bong rip canon? that's the only lupin i've seen

That was a fun movie. Also please consider watching the Fujiko show, it's very good and she's the best

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

the different mission types on display implies that there will be a variety to the action at least. So it's not going to make the mistake that Build Fighters Try did

I don't particularly want to watch this show, but I do really want to see Master Asia's 1000-Person Kumite, so someone please let me know if that actually happens onscreen, TIA.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Knorth posted:

That was a fun movie. Also please consider watching the Fujiko show, it's very good and she's the best
i will try and do this. i love fujiko. and goemon

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I like the shooty guy, with the hat

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

VostokProgram posted:

I like the shooty guy, with the hat

Loving Jigen is a good and respectable opinion.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

i will try and do this. i love fujiko. and goemon

watch Fujiko(!!!!!!) my friend

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

This universe seems to be responsibly teaching children the basics of WMD construction.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I only like Lupin if the dub is allowed to ad-lib, like in part 2.

I haven't even checked part 4 tho. I should fix that.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

i was gonna joke about your tragic death in a biking accident the next time i posted in a movie thread but now you've posted again, before I watched a movie again, which really puts my moving watching in perspective

You can still have fun by making the joke anyway!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Early review: 3D Kanojo appears to be the lesser Galko-chan+romcom show everyone was expecting instead of that Girlfriend is a Gal garbo from last year. But still has the potential to end up middling and mediocre. Props to the show for making the main girl so abrasive it actually got me thinking about unrelated American girls, as if the director took a trip to the South Jersey shore and tried interacting with locals to get ideas for her character.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Freakazoid_ posted:

I only like Lupin if the dub is allowed to ad-lib, like in part 2.

I haven't even checked part 4 tho. I should fix that.

They got (most of) that same dub cast back for part 4 but sadly the scripts were distractingly bad.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Knorth posted:

There's not enough Lupin hijinks in it for my taste. The tone is also a bit darker compared to the main series.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Srice im thinking about buying a bicycle to commute to work and im very impressed that they now make ones with hydraulic disk brakes. Your people have done well

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the dutch?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
This spring season has way more things I want to check out than usual, off the top of my head there's at least five must-see shows for me and at least 10 that I need to track down at least a few episodes of to check out. It's a nice mix too of new seasons of Shonen stuff, fresh adaptations like Golden Kamui, and what looks like a fun remake of a space epic (ala Yamato) in the new Legend of Galatic Heroes anime, and since the only thing that kept me from watching all of that was the dated animation I'm particularly excited to see how they tackle that material and give it those modern shiny graphics. Then you tack on stuff like Persona 5 and Steins;gate 0 and it's just gonna be completely wild. I haven't had so much anime I want to watch in a long time, it'll feel good to have so many shows to check out weekly when they all have properly begun around the middle of April.

Also this is very cool and I'm glad there will be at least one show on my fall watchlist.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Now I wanna watch Galko again.

Please.... teach me, Galko

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Anyone else check out the Legends of Galactic Heroes remake? I'm immediately unnerved by the fact that THE SHIPS ARE SHOOTING PROJECTILE LASERS INSTEAD OF SOLID BEAMS

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
How does this change the metaphor of the male phallus in the space foreverwar

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DisDisDis posted:

How does this change the metaphor of the male phallus in the space foreverwar
It does not. :unsmigghh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP0uQhIfrgs

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Is everything a phallus

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

VostokProgram posted:

Is everything a phallus

i dont think the vagina is, op

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

saw this on twitter and thought of you

https://twitter.com/chuchugoogoo/status/977903507066978304

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think so, Dis.

I appreciate it, nonetheless. :blush:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Gonna be honest I never really listened to Tool but I did love Home Improvement as a child

RME
Feb 20, 2012

im not sure i loved home improvement as a kid but i certainly did end up watching a lot of it

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

RME posted:

im not sure i loved home improvement as a kid but i certainly did end up watching a lot of it

All I remember is the grunt.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Let's watch the reboot, Last Man Standing

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I only remember an episode where they tried to cook a fish in the dishwasher. I don't think it went well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Push other button, kill bad guy with bigger sword.

• Locked thread