Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Heaps of Sheeps posted:

the jedi exile is canonically female, revan is a dude.

then again we have space wizards and star exploding weapons, gender isnt real

From my point of view the exile is male and Revan is female.

I know. But I'm a stubborn neckbeard who played KOTOR as a woman and KOTOR 2 as a guy and I'm too old for you to change my mind. :coffee:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Warmachine posted:

From my point of view the exile is male and Revan is female.

I know. But I'm a stubborn neckbeard who played KOTOR as a woman and KOTOR 2 as a guy and I'm too old for you to change my mind. :coffee:

I mostly played it as the lil droid guy. Hes cute.

Is Teebo still top tier in any raids? I need something to spend GW bucks on

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

im cute posted:

He's top tier for the wicket event.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Defiance Industries posted:

Revan isn't a character, it's just a BioWare power fantasy.

KOTOR 1 Revan is a power fantasy. KOTOR 2 Revan is a cypher. KOTOR 2 Revan has some of the best video game writing ever though.

thrawn527 posted:

Ive loved Darth Nihilus for a while, but I think part of it was those old Ask a Jedi/Sith threads here, where people answered questions about Star Wars as characters. And whoever answered as DN went all mindless/stupid monster. It was like, How does the Dark Side use the same Force as the Light Side? DN: QUESTION STUPID. NIHILUS IS HUNGRY. Palpatine: Oh god, now youve got him going.

Those threads were great. I wonder if theyre archived somewhere.

Tried googling. Post a link if you find one.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Revan is Severus Snape

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

Revan is Severus Snape

Stop posting my fan-fics TIA

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

im cute posted:

You can still solo the Rancor with a Teebo lead, but you can solo rancor with basically anything now.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Marvel Strike Force just came out in Android so we can grind twice as many character shards.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
How good do I need to get bounty hunters for DS TB?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UmOk posted:

How good do I need to get bounty hunters for DS TB?

Gear 8-9 with okay mods. (Read, Potency crosses, set bonuses if possible, +~80 speed on boba and Zam, ~+40 on the others)

https://youtu.be/du0U6JygIvo

(There’s a trick to it. If you try brute forcing, you’re gonna have a bad time.)

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Thanks, and what about troopers?

Edit: Which are best and what star level do I need?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

UmOk posted:

I use G11 zVeers, G11 Snowtrooper, G10 Deathtrooper, G10 Shoretrooper and G9 Starck. The requirement is 5x5* troopers, and you can get away with Starck at a lower gear level (8 is fine in my experience), but without 7*, G10 minimum on the rest and a zeta on Veers, you're gonna have a hard time.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Crumbletron posted:

I use G11 zVeers, G11 Snowtrooper, G10 Deathtrooper, G10 Shoretrooper and G9 Starck. The requirement is 5x5* troopers, and you can get away with Starck at a lower gear level (8 is fine in my experience), but without 7*, G10 minimum on the rest and a zeta on Veers, you're gonna have a hard time.

Sucks. Two of those are hard mode farms

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

WerrWaaa posted:

Marvel Strike Force just came out in Android so we can grind twice as many character shards.
Came here to post this, seems like a pretty decent game after a small bit of playing. Can't wait to grind baby groot shards orbs for some dumbfuck event

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UmOk posted:

Troopers are basically mix and match superstars. Your core duo is Veers (zeta is amazing) and Starck. Snowtrooper and Deathtrooper are your hammers - Snow is batshit bonkers incredible for AoE,Deathtrooper turns one dead enemy into two or more dead enemies almost instantly, and adds anti-rebel control, healthsteal, and an AoE dispel/CD increase to the team. Storm and Shore are your tanks. You want at least one. Shore has better taunt uptime, feeds turn meter, and brings a bomb rear end anti nightsister heal. Stormtrooper is harder to kill, removes enemy TM, and does more damage. Using both is v v v valid.

Magmatrooper is handy in a gimmick Sith raid P1 comp, or as a gently caress you to faster Vader squads in EP lead mirror matches, but you can mostly ignore him.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

CaptainPsyko posted:

Troopers are basically mix and match superstars. Your core duo is Veers (zeta is amazing) and Starck. Snowtrooper and Deathtrooper are your hammers - Snow is batshit bonkers incredible for AoE,Deathtrooper turns one dead enemy into two or more dead enemies almost instantly, and adds anti-rebel control, healthsteal, and an AoE dispel/CD increase to the team. Storm and Shore are your tanks. You want at least one. Shore has better taunt uptime, feeds turn meter, and brings a bomb rear end anti nightsister heal. Stormtrooper is harder to kill, removes enemy TM, and does more damage. Using both is v v v valid.

Magmatrooper is handy in a gimmick Sith raid P1 comp, or as a gently caress you to faster Vader squads in EP lead mirror matches, but you can mostly ignore him.

This is a great guide but a little sad because the OP recommends farming Magma and, boy, I kinda wish i hadn’t. Death and Shore are both super late game or cash farms, too ehhh.

Snow, Starck, and Veers are needed in imperial TB I believe, so they’re necessary to farm one day.

Still, troopers is close to nightsisters in terms of synergy; they’re amazing together. Even understarred, undergeared, and underleveled, my Veers/Starck/Snow/Death/Storm comp does ok in GW for one or two nodes.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

im cute posted:

This is a great guide but a little sad because the OP recommends farming Magma and, boy, I kinda wish i hadn’t. Death and Shore are both super late game or cash farms, too ehhh.

Snow, Starck, and Veers are needed in imperial TB I believe, so they’re necessary to farm one day.

Still, troopers is close to nightsisters in terms of synergy; they’re amazing together. Even understarred, undergeared, and underleveled, my Veers/Starck/Snow/Death/Storm comp does ok in GW for one or two nodes.

it recommends farming him because he's the easiest imperial to get and the guide is all about how to farm the legendary good toons as fast as possible. (you need 5 imperials for R2, who you need for CLS).

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

it recommends farming him because he's the easiest imperial to get and the guide is all about how to farm the legendary good toons as fast as possible. (you need 5 imperials for R2, who you need for CLS).

Huh, that’s a good point. A really good point now that I’m panic farming TFP lol

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Yeah, I mean, let me be clear, Magmatrooper is perfectly useful for things like unlocking R2, or, with gear, filling the fifth slot in a TB squad when you want to use DT with Krennic and platoon your Stormtrooper or whatever.

And that P1 Sith raid gimmick that he’s good for is legit AF and can be done around gear 8 or 9 if you mod him right (he wants lots of tenacity)

It’s just... he’s still the leftover trooper that you usually bring along specifically because you can’t bring one of the better ones.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Oh, and one other V V V V V important thing about troopers:

:siren: YOU DON’T NEED TO RUN ALL TROOPERS :siren:

Veers super awesome OP zeta that makes troopers own is on his unique, not his leadership skill. His leadership is fine and aynergizes nicely with Starck to help your troopers go first, and all, but some of the best troopers squads are actually under a Thrawn or Krennic or other powerful empire leader (there’s several great ones).

For example, Thrawn/Krennic/DT/Shore/Storm is one of the best tb defense comps in the game, and will chew up TB nodes like candy. In the Sith raid, Thrawn/Veers/Deathtrooper/ P1: Shore/Magma, P2 Shore/Starck, P3 Starck/Snow is probably the ideal way to run troopers.

Play around with them! They’re a really modular squad, and have zVeers, Will Travel is basically the name of the game.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Maybe I'm mistaken but don't the special battles require only troopers?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UmOk posted:

Maybe I'm mistaken but don't the special battles require only troopers?

Some. Others require Veers and Starck or just Veers. It varies.

Also, Troopers are good enough that on days without a Trooper mission, you'll still want to use them to get combat done.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Ive always enjoyed Troopers, and Empire in general really, and will get Shore to 7* in a couple of days. All the rest, sans Veers, are at 7* already. (Veers is at a lowly 4*...)
Luckily Veers doesn't seem like the worst farm, statistically 10 shards per day if you use most of your energy and refresh each hard node once. Really tempted to zVeers and go for a Trooper squad. My pilots are all mostly maxed now with a few holes here and there so its time to start building up another squad.

A shame Krennic is one of the worst farms in the game, right up there with Shore. Not sure i have the heart to do another farm like that. I know he pops up in the guild event store, but that currency is already in such short supply and so useful for so many other things.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I just finished my 7* Krennic. He is core to my crazy damage trooper runs

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

WerrWaaa posted:

To that end I started the Goon Registration Act for GOH Goons. The first GOH based alliance, Goon Squad, is currently full.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Players: "Please remove challenge rewards from the raid reward pool (by which we mean the things we already have thousands of)."

CG: "We are removing challenge rewards from the raid reward pool (by which we mean the MkIII Carbantis everyone needs a million of)."

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Nipponophile posted:

Players: "Please remove challenge rewards from the raid reward pool (by which we mean the things we already have thousands of)."

CG: "We are removing challenge rewards from the raid reward pool (by which we mean the MkIII Carbantis everyone needs a million of)."

They removed the salvage but kept in the chance for full gear to drop.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Also, I will gladly trade no carbanti in Raid rewards for none of the challenge gear halves of gold gear.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CaptainPsyko posted:

Also, I will gladly trade no carbanti in Raid rewards for none of the challenge gear halves of gold gear.

This + increased currency so you can just ~buy~ carbantis from the guild store.

The way I'm reading this is, in the future all raids will have up to three loot rewards for EVERYONE who participated in the raid:

1 CHANCE at a full raid piece
1 CHANCE at a full raid prototype
1 GUARANTEED raid gear salvage

Salvage is always gonna be raid gear, but the full pieces can be poo poo like carbantis, stun guns, etc.

The higher you score, the more currency/character shards you get.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 3, 2018

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Nipponophile posted:

Mystery boxes at Tier 4 & above have removed all challenge gear and other gear likely to be highly stockpiled by experienced L85 players from the Salvage rewards.
A handful of extremely difficult challenge gear pieces (such as the Mk 3 Carbanti) remain in the chance for fully crafted pieces.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Oh, well that's nice. I'm sure we all know how fully-crafted pieces just rain from the skies...

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Nipponophile posted:

Oh, well that's nice. I'm sure we all know how fully-crafted pieces just rain from the skies...

Eh, it's decent if you actually try. We had a bunch of people get full pieces from our tank today.

MichiganCubbie fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 4, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Nipponophile posted:

also worth pointing out that ~they're increasing guild shop currency across the board~ so I believe their thinking is for "seasoned players" to use guild currency to buy poo poo like carbantis.

low-born trash still have to buy character shards so you're poo poo out of luck.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Apr 4, 2018

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Carbs are cheap as gently caress in the guild shop anyway

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

low-born trash still have to buy character shards so you're poo poo out of luck.

Yeah, story of my life.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

also worth pointing out that ~they're increasing guild shop currency across the board~ so I believe their thinking is for "seasoned players" to use guild currency to buy poo poo like carbantis.

You're saying that like Jyn shows up enough in the guild shop to actually put a dent in my stock pile. Now, if there was a way to convert said currency into EVENT currency, there might be a problem.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I can now sim the last node in credit heist and it feels like I beat the game

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Syrinxx posted:

Hell same

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Syrinxx posted:

I ran out of meaningful cantina farms, decided further mod farming is a wasted endeavor, and I've stopped refreshing cantina energy for now and am just buying gear.

It's feeling like I have indeed beaten the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Chilichimp posted:

I ran out of meaningful cantina farms, decided further mod farming is a wasted endeavor, and I've stopped refreshing cantina energy for now and am just buying gear.

It's feeling like I have indeed beaten the game.

I'm not anywhere near that yet, but I feel like a bittervet now. I'm working on getting a Imperial Trooper team together and gearing up EzPz for Arena. Next Zeta is going to go into Veers and the one after that into Starck, I think. Once Matt is done being farmed, I'll do another week of mod farming and then on to Old Han and Chewie so I can get JTR at some point.

I love how QGJ won the last TW. Work kept me from placing any defensive teams, but I threw squads in to attack modes. I had fun trying to figure out how to beat a team with one of my C squads. One of these days, I'm finally going to sit down and figure out what teams work best for which point in HAAT.