Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Isn't Japanese indy wrestling still rife with Yakuza involvement?

its real hard to tell because in Japan, even being accused of Yakuza involvement is enough to kill a business. Businesses and consumers will avoid heavily. NOAH still hasn't recovered fully from Mrs Misawa taking out a Yakuza loan(and from what I understand she didn't know who the loan was through). So if there is a Yakuza involvement its either incidental or clandestine as gently caress.

Pro fighting sees a lot more traffic because gyms are great for money laundering and produce a steady supply of tough guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jerusalem posted:

Sinclair are pieces of poo poo, make no mistake, and should be called out on the crap they pull, but please take discussion of their involvement in politics to relevant threads in D&D unless it actually starts being reflected in actual ROH programming.

This seems like a good enough time to ask this question. What the hell was/is that Caprice Coleman/Kenny King/Rhett Titus stable? they formed a MAGA stable with majority black guys but then they went all militia/sovereign citizen after adding more black dudes? Am I just misunderstanding the gimmick entirely?

Takuan
May 6, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

This seems like a good enough time to ask this question. What the hell was/is that Caprice Coleman/Kenny King/Rhett Titus stable? they formed a MAGA stable with majority black guys but then they went all militia/sovereign citizen after adding more black dudes? Am I just misunderstanding the gimmick entirely?

I don't even think they knew what they were doing with that stable. I remember they were heels, and their main goal was to bring wrestling back to the old days of tall, roided up wrestlers dominating everything, even though no one in the stable was either tall or particularly muscular. I think it was dropped immediately after the election, because I guess it stopped being funny once the joke became reality. I never really understood what the second version of the group was going for, then again I don't think the people who put the idea together knew what they were going for either.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

They were also briefly named the Cabinet because that definitely wasn't already a stable in the biggest wrestling company in the world.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

I have no idea what the hell it was supposed to be but it died because they wanted to push King after the Bachelorette.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
RoH has always made random stables with dumb names that fall apart immediately, it's just a company tradition and we should respect it

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Marquis de Pyro posted:

RoH has always made random stables with dumb names that fall apart immediately, it's just a company tradition and we should respect it

rip no remorse corps

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Troxartas posted:

rip no remorse corps

Vulture Squad 4 life

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I just had a flashback to Julius Smokes screaming,"TRANSFORM! TRANSFORM!" at Jigsaw to convince him to take his mask off. I'm still sad that the very second Jigsaw did, Smokes didn't go,"Actually you know what nevermind..."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

RIP Age of the Fall, always in my heart

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

At least Age of the Fall actually accomplished stuff, like that insane ending for Man Up and elevating Tyler Black. All the other crews mentioned didn't accomplish dick.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Julius Smokes is alive and if you say his name on twitter he'll DM you the link to his merch store.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Chris James 2 posted:

I only come back to this thread when they're mentioned. Like moths to a flame...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

At least Age of the Fall actually accomplished stuff, like that insane ending for Man Up and elevating Tyler Black. All the other crews mentioned didn't accomplish dick.

Vulture Squad made accomplished convincing Jigsaw to never again take his mask off?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The Cabinet killed my interest in RoH dead

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Which of these is NOT a dumb bad ROH stable name:

A) The No-Spin Krew
B) The Muy Thai Factory
C) The Johnny Ramone Fan Club
D) The Knee-To-Face XPress
E) The Sunset Flip Gated Community
F) All of the Above (a stable name, not literally all of the above)
G) All of the Above (literally)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
So what's going on with the Briscoe's that lead to a crowd chanting "Don't Come Back?"

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

achillesforever6 posted:

So what's going on with the Briscoe's that lead to a crowd chanting "Don't Come Back?"

They stole a fan’s rainbow flag and choked a guy with it, I believe.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

I just had a flashback to Julius Smokes screaming,"TRANSFORM! TRANSFORM!" at Jigsaw to convince him to take his mask off. I'm still sad that the very second Jigsaw did, Smokes didn't go,"Actually you know what nevermind..."

Gabe has had a lot of good ideas but what on earth convinced him it was wise to take Jigsaw's mask off? Did he just never see him without the mask until the unmasking?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I actually though the Cabinet was still together when I asked that question so I just looked at Wikipedia (the All Night Express page, there's no Cabinet page) to see what happened with them and apparently they lost a stable feud with someone called Search and Destroy?

Man, you guys are really right about that ROH stable thing. I gotta go figure out who Search and Destroy were now and what stable they feuded with after.

Wait, the MCMG? I thought they were in some "Knight" stable with red masks? I feel like this hole could get really deep if I keep digging...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

On the previous night's show (not sure if it was the same indy or a different one) they choked an opponent with a pride flag they took from a fan shortly before

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Age of the Fall loving ruled and that night they beat the Briscoes and then left their screaming music playing for like 10 minutes so the crowd couldn't give the Briscoes an ovation to make them feel better was world class heeling :discourse:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Chris James 2 posted:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Troxartas posted:

rip no remorse corps

forkboy84 posted:

Vulture Squad 4 life

When it comes to bad stables from that time, nothing beats The Resilience, founded by Aries, who shortly after was forced to work for TNA only, and made up of guys like Erick Stevens, Matt Cross, and someone else, with at least one of them usually injured or written out for storyline reasons.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

I wish Tyler Black would be booked as a monster again. Too bad he's too small in WWE.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

poo poo, I just remembered that Aries was the guy who broke up/hosed over Age of the Fall, right?

Takuan
May 6, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I actually though the Cabinet was still together when I asked that question so I just looked at Wikipedia (the All Night Express page, there's no Cabinet page) to see what happened with them and apparently they lost a stable feud with someone called Search and Destroy?

Man, you guys are really right about that ROH stable thing. I gotta go figure out who Search and Destroy were now and what stable they feuded with after.

Wait, the MCMG? I thought they were in some "Knight" stable with red masks? I feel like this hole could get really deep if I keep digging...

The red masked stable was only actually around for like, 2 weeks. They spent weeks building up to it, then it turned out to be Daniels, Kazarian, and Chis Sabin, and then fell apart when Sabin turned face to reform MCMG.

Search and Destroy is MCMG and um... Some other guy. Maybe two other guys. I think maybe Jay White was in it for the couple months he was in RoH maybe?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Takuan posted:

Search and Destroy is MCMG and um... Some other guy. Maybe two other guys. I think maybe Jay White was in it for the couple months he was in RoH maybe?

Jonathan Gresham, I believe

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jerusalem posted:

poo poo, I just remembered that Aries was the guy who broke up/hosed over Age of the Fall, right?

Yeah! Something about sleeping with Lacey to get back at Jimmy Jacobs. I was there the night he cut the promo and all fuckin hell broke loose. Joey Mercury shoved a fan so hard it almost toppled a speaker stack.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

STAC Goat posted:

it's like that period in 98/99 WCW where everyone's in factions, there's no clear heels, they're making money and are creatively bankrupt

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Julius Smokes!!!! Thats a name i havent heard in a while.

Was he Low Kis manager long time ago? I have this Image in my head of Ki laying in ropes and Smokes giving him a STIFF loving slap to wake Ki up... the crow popped huge for that.

What happened to Smokes? Did he ever "make it?" Or was it just early ROH

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TheCool69 posted:

Was he Low Kis manager long time ago? I have this Image in my head of Ki laying in ropes and Smokes giving him a STIFF loving slap to wake Ki up... the crow popped huge for that.

Last I heard he was doing music full time

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TheCool69 posted:

He managed Low Ki in 2005.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TheCool69 posted:

He's some kind of DJ or radio personality. I didn't look too hard into it when he DM'd me

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

TheCool69 posted:

Smokes managed the Rottweilers which was a ROH stable I loved. I even own some ROH Best of DVD.

Except for Ricky Reyes.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

quote:

Honor Nation we’re proud to announce that the ROH App has officially launched for Android Mobile and Android TV. We appreciate our fans who took part in the beta-testing phase.

HonorClub can be accessed through these platforms currently, and fans will be able to stream this Saturday’s Supercard of Honor on their Android devices!

Download the ROH Android app from the Google Play Store!

Unfortunately the other streaming platforms are pending approval by their respective providers and may not be published in time for Supercard. We sincerely appreciate your understanding and look forward to launching these other channels imminently.

HonorClub can still be accessed by all fans through ROHWrestling.com.

Well crap, still no Roku app quite yet.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So, my desire to see Kenny knee Cody in the face beat out my desire to not give Sinclair money and I'm gonna order Supercard this weekend, but I'm not exactly sure how I do that. It doesn't seem exactly like a WWE Network/NJPW World situation. Am I gonna be subscribing to Honor Club and then ordering the PPV after that, or what?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

VJeff posted:

So, my desire to see Kenny knee Cody in the face beat out my desire to not give Sinclair money and I'm gonna order Supercard this weekend, but I'm not exactly sure how I do that. It doesn't seem exactly like a WWE Network/NJPW World situation. Am I gonna be subscribing to Honor Club and then ordering the PPV after that, or what?

You should be able to watch it with just the $9.99 monthly subscription.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Also, just so everyone is clear, Supercard of Honor is not a traditional PPV, so it is included with the month-to-month Honor Club subscription.

But you'll only be able to watch it online or with an Android app unless their Roku and Apple TV apps get approved before Saturday.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

That reminds me, is Bushiroad particularly evil? Does anyone know much about them?

They make a bunch of trading card games with anime series and one of them stars Okada

Bt which I mean, Kazuchika Okada is a character in it and he is played by Kazuchika Okada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

I was similarly unclear but it looks like they're classing Supercard as a 'tour' show, so it's just in the regular subscription price.

• Locked thread