Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

IOwnCalculus posted:

I had no idea these were a thing and now I want one.

If you have a jump pack with a cigarette lighter port, I can get the part number for the one we have at work. They're nice when you have to yank a battery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I want a Mazda 3. Is the 2019 overhaul significant enough to put up with Year 1 Goofs?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I want a Mazda 3. Is the 2019 overhaul significant enough to put up with Year 1 Goofs?

We don't know anything about the 2019 model yet. It might have Skyactiv-X, but Mazda tends to release more experimental motors to Japan for a year or two before the rest of the world.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

As stated by Charles we just don't know. I have a 3rd generation in the form of a late 2014 that was built in Japan. It has not had any goofs other than iELOOP freaking out once and the dealer just shrugging and updating firmware.

The 3 is likely to get a refresh in 2019 with the SkyactivX engine and platform. If the platform evolves in terms of ride comfort then the 3 will finally become the God platform because the Corolla is still a loving joke. Also presumably there will be a 2.5L pushing enough things... It isn't a Speed3 but let's have some fun with a turbo'ed 2.5: SkyactivX engine in our imagination.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Be sure to watch their live stream today to find out more!!

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
FYI my guess is they're announcing an electric for 2020

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I'd like to see Android Auto and Carplay support because man the infotainment system leaves much to be desired.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Be sure to watch their live stream today to find out more!!

Exciting! You and this "Bone" Krew seem like a right helpful bunch :chef:

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

MA-Horus posted:

I'd like to see Android Auto and Carplay support because man the infotainment system leaves much to be desired.

There is a community built fork of AA if you have a compatible firmware version of the mazda connect system. May try it on mine once it's back from the repair shop, I have already done a few tweaks to it from the AOI installer: https://mazdatweaks.com/

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
2018 models get Android Auto and Apple Play this summer fo free

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

2018 models get Android Auto and Apple Play this summer fo free

Where is this from? Not seeing anything searching for news articles.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Alighieri posted:

Where is this from? Not seeing anything searching for news articles.

It was in the little live stream they just did, where they announced the new Mazda 6. They also said to "Tune in April 2" for something but I didn't catch what they were teasing.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It was in the little live stream they just did, where they announced the new Mazda 6. They also said to "Tune in April 2" for something but I didn't catch what they were teasing.

Be aware that this isn’t the first time they’ve promised this.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

dissss posted:

Be aware that this isn’t the first time they’ve promised this.

Um they've been delivering on their promise of a new Mazda 6 every year since 2002

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Um they've been delivering on their promise of a new Mazda 6 every year since 2002

I meant CarPlay/AA in existing cars.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

dissss posted:

I meant CarPlay/AA in existing cars.

:thejoke:?

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
Mazda Canada says:

quote:

During the press conference, Mazda also announced the addition of Apple CarPlay™ and Android™ Auto support to its vehicle line-up. In Canada, these mobile device connectivity technologies will first be offered in the 2019 CX‑9 launching this summer, and then rolled out across the entire model line-up thereafter. In addition, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto will be available as a Genuine Mazda Accessory retrofit for MAZDA CONNECT systems starting this fall.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

On a scale from "probably not" to "lol no", what are the chances of a Speed3 announcement?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Probably zero. Didn't they say the Mazdaspeed branding was done?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Yeah, Mazda (has? is trying?) to establish themselves as a luxury marque and pretty much said the days of catering to the performance crowd are done.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
But they are putting turbos on everything.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
There's sort of a rumor of an AWD Mazda 6 as there was one on the NHTSA website in January or so. Mazda didn't comment on it. No idea if that's a Mazdaspeed model or not.

I'm sure they'll make another one some time, but they have to focus on products that actually make them money.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

But they are putting turbos on everything.

Doesn't mean they're for ~performance~.

I don't think either the MS3 or MS6 moved enough units (either by themselves or as halo cars) for Mazda to give a flying gently caress, unfortunately.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Just give me an AWD Mazda 2 or 3 with a stick, I don't care if it has a turbo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Doesn't mean they're for ~performance~.

I don't think either the MS3 or MS6 moved enough units (either by themselves or as halo cars) for Mazda to give a flying gently caress, unfortunately.

I'm sure Corksport will engineer and upgrade kit so there will be a Mazdaspeedish 3.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Charles posted:

Just give me an AWD Mazda 2 or 3 with a stick, I don't care if it has a turbo.

Unless you absolutely need it for snow then you don’t want AWD on the current Mazdas. I’ve driven a Japanese import one and the extra weight further blunts performance and does nothing positive for handling.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
God damnit. Now my passenger front window won't roll down. At least it failed in the upright position.

I ordered another $7 gear and I guess I'll be replacing it this weekend. Maybe I should've just ordered on for each door.

Is there anything stopping the window from falling down when I remove the motor? Do I need to try and hold the window up with masking tape when I pull the motor out?

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

So... It's April 3rd. What was their big thing?

Google seems to suggest they "refreshed" the CX-3. The CX-3. The loving C loving X loving dash loving 3. :Autistic screaming intensifies:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Crossover utility vehicles are where the money is for car companies these days. When I was shopping for my 3 the dealer didn't have a single new CX5 on the lot, the waits are apparently pretty crazy. Same with XV Crosstreks, I was looking at around a 3-4 week wait if I ordered one new.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

And like it or not, Mazda builds good ones. CX-5s have been hot since day one. Main reason I have a CR-V now instead of a CX-5 is the Mazda dealers weren't cutting nearly as good a deal on them.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Their other announcement is their "new vision" which they share with this commercial.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEfyuW21b0Y

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
...and CarPlay soon-ish on the 2018 Mazda6 and then soon-ish-ish for everything else.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Are there any hatch struts that work well in cold weather? When it gets close to freezing my hatch doesn't really open by itself, with the stock struts, even when they were brand new. I think I need to replace mine anyway now as it's not that cold and I've banged the back of my head twice.

edit: I guess it's about 41F / 5C out right now.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
A long long time ago I took the "trunk" cover off in my ms3. I decided to put it back on for whatever reason recently. But I noticed my left plastic nub was missing. It seems like a pretty flimsy piece of plastic that just pops into the hatch wall. Does anyone know what I'd search for to get a replacement?

Pictured is the right side. There's the string attaching to the cover and plastic piece that has a hole where the hatch nub would pop inside.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I'd call the local dealer's parts department and ask them for the part number. If it's cheap enough, buy it there. Otherwise google whatever they tell you.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Okay, but what do I call it?

And as I was typing that I just realized the right side might have a part number on it.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Charles posted:

Are there any hatch struts that work well in cold weather? When it gets close to freezing my hatch doesn't really open by itself, with the stock struts, even when they were brand new. I think I need to replace mine anyway now as it's not that cold and I've banged the back of my head twice.

edit: I guess it's about 41F / 5C out right now.

Depending on your year model, these were under recall. Haven’t bothered to get mine fixed since I’ve never had an issue but it was a fairly broad year range, I think.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Aexo posted:

Okay, but what do I call it?

And as I was typing that I just realized the right side might have a part number on it.

If you describe it as you have above, the parts guy will find it if he knows what he's doing.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

Depending on your year model, these were under recall. Haven’t bothered to get mine fixed since I’ve never had an issue but it was a fairly broad year range, I think.

Ah, I hadn't heard about that, but it's for newer models. I have an '06. I'll just order another set from Amazon or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Man, guess I forgot how much tires are :monocle:
$720 for 4 new Yokohamas installed and all that. Is this crazy? I don’t see anywhere I will do much better. Tempted to spend an extra $75 and get a steelie for a full sized spare (I drive about 1000 miles every two weeks with few shops between).

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 6, 2018