Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Dejawesp posted:

Have they added anything cool to this game in the last year?

Yeah it is literally a different game if you haven't played since A16...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
I kind of want to start a new colony to do a full Trump's America style run. This colony has the wall and all but it doesn't even have a prison and it only uses the dreaded chain migration... However I am also kind of interested to see where this soap opera is going.

As an update, the original mayoral couple that hated each other have set aside their differences, fallen in actual love and got remarried.

The husband just got elected mayor.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Oh here we go, buckle up :allears:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Tristesse posted:

As an update, the original mayoral couple that hated each other have set aside their differences, fallen in actual love and got remarried.

This is genuinely :unsmith: and I kind of want you to stop here so we can just imagine they took the colony to a position of security and lived out their lives in peace and mutual affection.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Yeah it is literally a different game if you haven't played since A16...

I genuinely dread the prospect of updating my guide.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Tristesse posted:

:allears: Psychology is so wholesome sometimes

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Uncle Po got absolutely hosed up when he got in the path of a Fireclaw spell which Wolf cast.

However, we are an enlightened and advanced people. We could rebuild him. We had the technology.

(Later, Megascarab lost all four limbs to a Dark Young, but by that time I had enough prisoners on hand that I could sacrifice four of them to get C'thulhid Tentacle replacements instead).

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Skin: Burned off

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Skin: Burned off

Pain: None

:kheldragar:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Reminds me of that one Dwarf Fortress bug years ago where through a specific process, you could melt all the fat out of a dwarf's body, which somehow made them immune to lava and fire damage

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Isn't df's code basically magic spaghetti?

I remember reading that literally everything is kludgepatch ontop of same, and somehow it still works.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

McGiggins posted:

Isn't df's code basically magic spaghetti?

I remember reading that literally everything is kludgepatch ontop of same, and somehow it still works.

More or less. Imagine learning to code while simultaneously coding a large assembly with almost no refactoring for years on end and you get DF.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I do wonder what RimWorld will look like at 1.0

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

IAmTheRad posted:

I do wonder what RimWorld will look like at 1.0

https://i.imgur.com/CrYDFET.mp4

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Just imagine if he rewrites it in 64 bit and adds z levels...

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Is there anything I can do to determine where slowdown sources are? Some kind of diagnostics?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The Shortest Path posted:

Just imagine if he rewrites it in 64 bit and adds z levels...

He's said he'll never add Z-levels. Rimworld is never gonna be on par with DF and Tynan has no intention of attempting. It's the only game of its kind. Rimworld fills its own niche.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Abstract z levels might be a mod added thing though.

Ie dig a mine to go "down" which is just a map exit to a new cave map beneath your base, etc. Don't know how the game would handle that though.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
That literally already exists.

e: Specifically it's this thing.

Golden Battler fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Mar 27, 2018

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
That's loving exactly how i imagined it could be implemented.

Im gonna try it out asap.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

What mods do I need to install for the best Call of Cthulhu experience? I've done a playthrough with just the Cults mod, but it seems a little overpowered. I'm also not a super pro at this and don't wanna get attacked by invisible dinosaur sized monsters at 1 year in and this mod author is pretty prolific.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Someone recommended sticking to only one deity awhile back and that's what I do now. Takes away some of the more absurd abuse of the cult mod and feels more storyline appropriate.

Usually Cthulhu, defensive insanity wave is great and orbital insanity wave is really good use for prisoner over flow.

Also tentacles. Tentacles everywhere.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah that's really the only way to keep the Cults mod from being just insanely busted, choose a single god and stick to just that one. They're all really good in different ways except maybe Hastur, I couldn't get that auto-rez spell to actually work. Cthulhu is a bit better generally than the others as bird food bathtub just said but the others are fun and powerful too.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Are there any mods or settings to get rid of decay on clothing? I know there is a mod so they don't get unhappy thoughts from wearing tattered clothes, but I'd like to stop them from getting tattered in the first place.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Mending mod lets you repair clothes, weapons, and armor. The mending bench uses kits which are made from cloth/steel at a tailoring bench.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

jerman999 posted:

Mending mod lets you repair clothes, weapons, and armor. The mending bench uses kits which are made from cloth/steel at a tailoring bench.

Combine this with clothing rules that don't let them wear things under 50% durability and they'll take off the tattered clothes when they become tattered and someone will fix them.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Thanks for the replies. That solved my clothing issue without having to cheat the game.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
I've just been having clothes below 50% dropped into my "for sale" stockpile. Seems to work fine.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
I don't know if this is a bug but it looks like Penoxycyline isn't preventing Sleeping sickness. Which sucks because it hit 4 of my 8 colonists at once.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
OK, it turns out Sleeping Sickness affects colonists before it shows up on the health screen to allow it a "head start" which means they were probably infected 10 days or so before they started taking Penoxycyline. Sucks.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

All diseases are like that, taking Penoxycycline really only helps if you maintain production of it and colonists take it on a schedule and are under its effects 100% of the time.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Flesh Forge posted:

All diseases are like that, taking Penoxycycline really only helps if you maintain production of it and colonists take it on a schedule and are under its effects 100% of the time.

I knew it didn't work as a cure, I had just started getting them regular doses about 7 days before the sleeping sickness kicked in. Just bad timing.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

My experience with penoxy is that Randy will just give you flu instead.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I'm pretty sure the event still happens, just you aren't notified of it so for practical purposes "nothing happened".

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Cup Runneth Over posted:

My experience with penoxy is that Randy will just give you flu instead.

Yeah, but colonists can work through the flu even with just herbal medicine as long as you keep an eye on them. It also lasts like four days, tops as opposed to around a month for sleeping sickness.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
So I haven't played this since A16 or A17 (probably the latter). Is there a list of Good Mods(TM) for the current version? Also how close are we to 1.0, that's next right?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

counterfeitsaint posted:

So I haven't played this since A16 or A17 (probably the latter). Is there a list of Good Mods(TM) for the current version? Also how close are we to 1.0, that's next right?

Try base game first, then maybe add EPOE and hospitality? There is a lot of new stuff/stuff that used to be mods if you haven't dipped in since 16!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

counterfeitsaint posted:

Also how close are we to 1.0, that's next right?

Yes, it is. That's the best answer you'll get as to how close it is.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Pretty much anything by Rainbeau Flambe (spelling?) is going to be a good mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

HelloSailorSign posted:

Pretty much anything by Rainbeau Flambe (spelling?) is going to be a good mod.

Yeah, it turns out I had most of his stuff for the old version. Turns out I last played on A17, not 16, and most of the mods I had were all updated anyways.